Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue announced for PS4

If there hypothetically was a Kingdom Hearts 2.9, what games would be included in it? New content? Would rather they focus on Kingdom Hearts III to be honest.

I imagine that if there is a 2.9, that all 9 games will be included. I'm guessing that 2.9 "leak" was just a typo though, or perhaps 2.9 was just what they thought to call it first, then decided to change it to 2.8. Since I'm sure most people will still be confused, but 2.8 actually makes a little bit of sense for 3D. Since it takes place after KHII, but it continues the story of KHII (which was re-released as 2.5), the "2.5" could've come from that. Then the extra 0.3 comes from KH DDD, or 3D, or just add 0.3 to 2.5. It makes a little sense, in a really roundabout way.

Anyway, I'm very surprised that they decided to do this. Since they had said they don't plan on it, and because 3D is readily available on the current gen system with the largest install-base. Literally anyone can go out and buy the game right now.

I'm just glad they added some extra stuff into it, had it just been a direct port, I'd have been kind of annoyed that they wasted the manpower on it. I'm super hype about the new BBS epilogue though. I don't really care about the KH Chi... thing. It doesn't seem to really tie in to any of the current story in a meaningful way. It just seems to be adding more depth to the world of KH. Which is fine, but there doesn't seem to be any real relevance to Sora or Xehanort.

Edited by ExHaseo

• 4 weeks later...

I thus will begin the "Road to Kingdom Hearts 2.8" where I work on trophy hunting all of the Kingdom Hearts Remixes. ^_^

I am also planning on writing a faux trophy list for Dream Drop Distance HD for 2.8, for fun. I'll put it on my Platinum Trophy blog once I get it written up. Once 2.8's trophy list pops, we can see how accurate I was. :D