Persona 5 - WEEBNESS HAS WON THE FIGHT! Release on 4.4.2017 will contain DUAL AUDIO!

Satoshi Ookami

I wasn't a super huge fan of Morgana's English voice when they gave us a preview of it a while ago, but I anticipate seeing the rest of the voice cast (and who knows, Morgana might sound better in a more official recording).

I actually like Atlus' dubs overall, I think they do a good job of picking voice actors that fit their characters well. I have no doubt that Persona 5 will have a great dub.

Edited by Waffle Thief

I wasn't a super huge fan of Morgana's English voice when they gave us a preview of it a while ago, but I anticipate seeing the rest of the voice cast (and who knows, Morgana might sound better in a more official recording).

I actually like Atlus' dubs overall, I think they do a good job of picking voice actors that fit their characters well. I have no doubt that Persona 5 will have a great dub.

As long as Morgana doesn't sound as annoying as Teddie does, it's an improvement. xD

I totally agree. For the most part, I really liked Persona 3 and 4's dub. It wouldn't hurt to give us the option to choose between English and Japanese voices though.

• Like 1

Wait, so the protagonist has a voice now!? Like outside of battles and such? :blink:

I was expecting to recognise more of the voice actors tbh. I'm not sure how I feel about this... :|

Erica Lindbeck can't possibly hope to compete with Aoi Yuuki as Futaba. Please be dual-audio... :(

Edited by Undead Wolf

Wait, so the protagonist has a voice now!? Like outside of battles and such? :blink:

Um... and who didn't have one? :awesome:

Boy with Earring - multiple seiyuus

Tatsuya - Takehito Koyasu (LULZ, KOYASU! I need to return to P2, seriously xD)

Minato - Akira Ishida

Yu - Daisuke Namikawa

Shujinkou - Jun Fukuyama

Erica Lindbeck can't possibly hope to compete with Aoi Yuuki as Futaba. Please be dual-audio... :(

NO ONE (but HanaKana) can compete with the cutest voice :P

Um... and who didn't have one? :awesome:

Boy with Earring - multiple seiyuus

Tatsuya - Takehito Koyasu (LULZ, KOYASU! I need to return to P2, seriously xD)

Minato - Akira Ishida

Yu - Daisuke Namikawa

Shujinkou - Jun Fukuyama

And they had what, like 10 lines each? Each one being a different variation of the word "Persona!". :P

It just seems like the protagonist is waaaay more talkative now than in previous games. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Makoto - Akira Ishida

Oh and here, let me fix that for you. :P

NO ONE (but HanaKana) can compete with the cutest voice :P

I can't argue with you there. xD

The English voice actor is the same one who voiced Kotoko in Another Episode. I just can't picture Futaba with that voice. :|

Matt Mercer is probably the only A-list voice actor on the list, though if you (like me) enjoyed the English dub in the Danganronpa series, then you will probably enjoy the English voice cast in Persona 5 as half of those listed in the link voiced characters in those games as well (including Hina and Kyoko).  Voice direction will go a long way toward determining how successful the dub is and fortunately for us, Atlus employs incredibly talented voice directors.

Matt Mercer is probably the only A-list voice actor on the list, though if you (like me) enjoyed the English dub in the Danganronpa series, then you will probably enjoy the English voice cast in Persona 5 as half of those listed in the link voiced characters in those games as well (including Hina and Kyoko).  Voice direction will go a long way toward determining how successful the dub is and fortunately for us, Atlus employs incredibly talented voice directors.

You make a good point. I really liked the English voice cast for Danganronpa, so if they share a lot of the same voice actors in this game, maybe I'll like it more than I think.

It just seems like the protagonist is waaaay more talkative now than in previous games. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Atlus likes silent protagonists, they are some kind of blank slate the player can mold at whim (except for P2). But, since I saw this protagonist I said he gives an aura of personality that Minato/Yu didn't have when they first showed up.

Either way, only people that have playes the game can answer this properly.

And they had what, like 10 lines each? Each one being a different variation of the word "Persona!". :P

Because Jun xDD

Oh and here, let me fix that for you. :P

How about screw you? :awesome: :awesome:

The English voice actor is the same one who voiced Kotoko in Another Episode. I just can't picture Futaba with that voice. :|

Why are you presenting something I will never watch? xDDD

How about screw you? :awesome: :awesome:

Hey, I can't help it if you're using the wrong name. :P Besides, if you're going to use that name, you should use Souji Seta instead of Yu for Persona 4. Be consistent! :giggle:

Why are you presenting something I will never watch? xDDD

I thought the loli in the thumbnail would convince you to click on it. :awesome:

Xander Mobus is a bit of a surprise. Watched a bit of the interview though and he seems like a cool dude (and he's a fellow Persona fan, which is good).

Only other names I recognize are Matt Mercer (Kanji Tatsumi 2: Electric Boogaloo) and Cherami Leigh (I remember liking her voice last time I heard it, no doubt she'll do a good job voicing waifu).

Only other names I recognize are Matt Mercer (Kanji Tatsumi 2: Electric Boogaloo) and Cherami Leigh (I remember liking her voice last time I heard it, no doubt she'll do a good job voicing waifu).

You've chosen the wrong waifu. :awesome:

To be fair, she's like the 2nd best girl. She's good, but she's no Futaba. :P

Hey, I can't help it if you're using the wrong name. :P Besides, if you're going to use that name, you should use Souji Seta instead of Yu for Persona 4. Be consistent! :giggle:

Who would know Souji? :awesome: 

I can't, though. Yu is canon name. Minato still does not have one. (Well, he does, but Messiah is written badly :awesome:)

And besides, we all know Minato is Minato, screw some stupid random name they chose :awesome:

I thought the loli in the thumbnail would convince you to click on it. :awesome:

Not enough :awesome:

Who would know Souji? :awesome:

I can't, though. Yu is canon name. Minato still does not have one. (Well, he does, but Messiah is written badly :awesome:)

And besides, we all know Minato is Minato, screw some stupid random name they chose :awesome:

Well people used to refer to the P4 protag as Souji until the anime came out, and it's a similar situation with the P3 protag, but instead of an anime, it was the movie. The difference is that P3 didn't have tons of spin-offs using this new canon name, so it's kind of down to the individual and what they prefer. Personally, I think Makoto Yuki sounds better than Minato Arisato, but maybe that's just me. :P I refer to the female protag of P3P as Minako Arisato if that helps. xD

Never understood the whole "your waifu is nothing compared to my waifu" thing. Don't you want less competition for your waifu?

On another note, fight me irl. Makoto for life.

No, I'm an insecure individual, and I need people to confirm my opinions. :awesome:

I don't need to fight you. Only time I would do that is to defend my waifus honour. Don't even think about it. :P

Edited by Undead Wolf