Let's Get The Pier Solar and the Great Architects Plat

Guys if you missed the shopaholic trophy you can get it easily while doing the 2nd playthrough. Just buy as much as you can from the last weapons shop. In theory you need about 100k to buy everything because you can constatly sell what you just bought. 

I've been planning on doing a trophy guide as soon as I get this strategy guide from Watermelon Games I bought. Between that and the Twitch videos I've been doing, I think it'll be pretty thorough. But don't expect that to be of any use to us, it'll be for the people we've blazed the path for later on.

You can use the guidelines I wrote for the Eternal Slip minigame for just $19.99!

JK, but I would sure feel grateful if you added those bits of insight into your guide.

I'll be sure to name-drop everyone that I use info from whenever I write the trophy guide. I plan on putting out maybe a month, month and a half after I complete the game. It took me 2 and a half weeks to write both of my Lightning Returns guides, and that was without playing any games at all during.

Also, I finally made it through the Innless Stretch From Hell (the area between Teusa and Mutch that has zero inns to rest at).

Also, I finally made it through the Innless Stretch From Hell (the area between Teusa and Mutch that has zero inns to rest at).

There's an NPC in Querkon who will heal you up for 10G.  That might just be something that was added to the HD update, though.  I didn't play the original Mega Drive version so I can't say for sure.

*Just made it through the three trials in the school* Yay *game crashes right next to save point* ...

There's an NPC in Querkon who will heal you up for 10G.  That might just be something that was added to the HD update, though.  I didn't play the original Mega Drive version so I can't say for sure.

Yeah, it was. There's a nice list of the new stuff on playstationtrophies.org:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5000082-post8.html

Yeah I know, I used him. I was using the name the walkthrough author used to describe it.

Made some more progress today. Picked up two more party members, and now I am exploring the town before heading further north. I decided not to use a guide for my first playthrough, as I am enjoying the story. If I end up needing a third round of the game to finish... Oh well. Still worth it. :)

Two more trophies tonight. We'll see how well I fare tomorrow.

Made it all the way to Assac tonight, from starting out in Teusa earlier today.

Question: when you start a New Game+, do all the chests reset? So you can open them all again?

yes. Everything is back to square one but your stats and items. You lose all non-level-related spells as well, but keep the books. The only annoying thing is that Opening is learned when you reach the lake, regardless of level, so you won't have it until that point on further plays.

Decided that all the planning of games/trophies/etc. was causing a serious lack of motivation so I dropped out of every event I was in and just decided to play whatever I want to. Short story: finished the 2nd play and now only have ES for plat. Finished off Sands of Tome and then did about 30 min on ES. I can't seem to get the timing on the first long down/right zig-zag. :( Maybe I'll work more tomorrow, maybe not. :)

Only real tip I can give regarding Eternal Slip is you need to be thinking a split second ahead of where Hoston actually is.  Since the movement is tile-based and it's impossible to change direction until Hoston is fully positioned onto the next tile, when it comes time to change direction you want be holding down your intended direction from the moment Hoston starts to leave the previous tile.  It's a bit difficult to describe, it's just something you kinda have to get a feel for.  Short version is, press the direction slightly earlier than you think you need to.  The zig-zags are probably the trickiest part and is just a matter of getting the rhythm down.

yes. Everything is back to square one but your stats and items. You lose all non-level-related spells as well, but keep the books. The only annoying thing is that Opening is learned when you reach the lake, regardless of level, so you won't have it until that point on further plays.

Decided that all the planning of games/trophies/etc. was causing a serious lack of motivation so I dropped out of every event I was in and just decided to play whatever I want to. Short story: finished the 2nd play and now only have ES for plat. Finished off Sands of Tome and then did about 30 min on ES. I can't seem to get the timing on the first long down/right zig-zag. :( Maybe I'll work more tomorrow, maybe not. :)

Shame to hear about the lack of motivation they were giving you D: They've been giving me the opposite on some games I would have probably never started or never continued, and the We Plays have been particularly fun for me. Still haven't entirely decided on my 10-ish games for the January Plat Rain Day thing (actually I have, but I'm not sure I'll be able to do all of the ones I have picked xD), so we'll see how that goes motivation-wise later on.

Personally not looking forward to the Eternal Slip game, the trial one was already annoying (though it was late at night and I was far from the tv) and that's only a minute of slipping (plus the third section doesn't even have any ice) compared to the 12 (6 there, 6 back) of ES. I can kind of do the quick turns thing but my fingers start to hurt fast if I repeat certain things often without success (already happened on the trial, so... :P).

I re-started last night, and the game crashed on me twice.  I played for about 2 hours, and only just beat the guardian.  I am however keeping a check list on what areas have what key items (ie mega drive cartridges, or spell books ect.) and how many chests are there, and side quests and trophies and so on.  Should be a pretty helpful list when I am done.

All I can say is for people to turn on Auto Save, and to save every time they see a save point.

Also, for those who are in a hurry, you can turn the animation speed up to 4x and set your auto attacks to only be attacks (they will still heal when needed) and the fights go so much faster, just an fyi.

Edited by Sir_Bee

I re-started last night, and the game crashed on me twice.  I played for about 2 hours, and only just beat the guardian.  I am however keeping a check list on what areas have what key items (ie mega drive cartridges, or spell books ect.) and how many chests are there, and side quests and trophies and so on.  Should be a pretty helpful list when I am done.

All I can say is for people to turn on Auto Save, and to save every time they see a save point.

Also, for those who are in a hurry, you can turn the animation speed up to 4x and set your auto attacks to only be attacks (they will still heal when needed) and the fights go so much faster, just an fyi.

Not sure how accurate "needed" is on that healing part :P As I said earlier in my auto-battle testing, they wasted turns healing after losing minimal health and used multi-healing (99 cost) to heal when only two characters were injured with minimal health loss. They really shouldn't be doing those at all as they are "spells", but this was an issue on the Steam version (at least) as well.

Not sure how accurate "needed" is on that healing part :P As I said earlier in my auto-battle testing, they wasted turns healing after losing minimal health and used multi-healing (99 cost) to heal when only two characters were injured with minimal health loss. They really shouldn't be doing those at all as they are "spells", but this was an issue on the Steam version (at least) as well.

I guess I am still really early on, but the auto battle wouldn't heal until I had lost 80-90 health, as a heal only heals 100.  So it could be more efficient.  I do agree about it being a spell and should never be used, but what can you do.  I would rather use the mp than press X so many times lol.

I turned off everything but attack for characters and they would still randomly gather and heal. I read somewhere that if you do a full turn manual, and then do auto they should repeat what you did in the first round but that didn't work either. I just ended up going manual and spamming x for 95% of the battles.

Had less hours to play "today" than I had originally thought I would but still managed to get a fair amount of stuff done on Pier Solar (such as all the backtracking once that became available). Unlocked Eternal Slip too, but didn't give it a try yet - will either tomorrow or weekend/when I have more time to try it a whole bunch.

I managed to explore Assac fully, buy the required allotment of gear, and progress the story. Then I went down to take on Ryan the Lion, which took forever compared to the other boss fights so far. Now I'm going to grind for a bit down in the Arena to get some cash for Ludon.

i got finally the opening spell, im backtracking a few zones to get all the chest i didnt get. for now everything is going good with the guide at hand

I managed to explore Assac fully, buy the required allotment of gear, and progress the story. Then I went down to take on Ryan the Lion, which took forever compared to the other boss fights so far. Now I'm going to grind for a bit down in the Arena to get some cash for Ludon.

what level where you for that lion?

Edited by chellesan

i got finally the opening spell, im backtracking a few zones to get all the chest i didnt get, i unlocked eternal slip to gonna try it tomorow or so. for now everything is going good with the guide at hand

what level where you for that lion?

Hoston, Alina, and Edessot where level 22, Kruller was level 20, and "Bounty" was level 17.

Auto battle never works for me. The only time I ever used it was by accident.

I actually like doing the manual battles, and haven't bothered with the automatic. Still, it would be nice if it worked.

This week is busy for me in real life, so not as much time to play as I had hoped. Still, I have been managing to play a couple hours a night. I'm at the village without the inn right now. It's nice to finally start recognizing things that other people have mentioned.

I will be at this game a while. But I'm loving it!

Hoston, Alina, and Edessot where level 22, Kruller was level 20, and "Bounty" was level 17.

I had levels 27 on the original trio, 22 on Kruller, and 19 on Bounty. Your levels at least seem good for characters being near each other so there won't be a huge enemy scaling gap for the lowest leveled character :P

Final boss was surprisingly tough :P I'll be sure to throw all my money on revival items for NG+.

This game seems to like throwing the occasional curve ball. Like the boss fight you can't win and such. It keeps things interesting! :)

Nowhere near the final boss fight myself, but I did finish up my first visit to the Secret Society. This is going to be an interesting storyline now. I like how Rudy's original sickness is once again a plot point. It's always fun when the story loops back in things you have taken at face value, to show it may have another face.