Let's Get The Pier Solar and the Great Architects Plat

wow i got the indiana hoston trophy but the reason how i got it is not in the guide, i was in bethina dimesion still not had the trophy and the guide says the chests there don't give the trophy, so i was allready crying a little inside, then i was gonna talk with the boy that gives you the 32x cart, so the card tropy pops and 1sec after that the treasure trophy pops, i was like omg how can that be possible, the boy did give me a item but that cannot be right the boy don't look like a treasure

That trophy is a little glitchy. or maybe they just have a particular count they are looking for. I personally got mine before I had even opened all of the ultimate weapon chests.

I got Indiana Hoston by using Lena's Letter in Urg while completing the Arburus side quest. Whatever, I'll take em any way I can get em.

Yep. Me too. I didn't remember all of the names.

so i played the game out, i did choose the there is no hope ending, it was a nice story, now its time for another 2 walktroughs one with only the bosses and the other one for the shopalic trophy, then eternel slip game and we got platinum, it sounds easyer then it is but i still got 15 days, i can do it :lol:

wtf i begin a ng+ and i see my money did not go into the ng+ only levels and items, so i need to grind all the money again for my third playtrough :angry:

Yeah, it's been said multiple times that money doesn't carry over, only your levels and items. Which is why a couple people said to buy a bunch of expensive items at the final location. That way they carry over in your inventory and you can sell them at the beginning.

so i played the game out, i did choose the there is no hope ending, it was a nice story, now its time for another 2 walktroughs one with only the bosses and the other one for the shopalic trophy, then eternel slip game and we got platinum, it sounds easyer then it is but i still got 15 days, i can do it :lol:

Also, make sure you do not fight Ryan The Lion or the second fight with Sasheer in Teusa. Those are optional fights and will screw you out of that trophy.

Edited by damon8r351

I haven't been working on Eternal Slip because I've been working on the trophy guide instead while everything is still fresh in my mind. The text portion of the guide is complete, I'll being starting on recording footage for the video treasure chest walkthrough shortly. Depending on how that goes, I might have it ready for publishing by next weekend.

Update:

I filmed the first hour of the game, this will be pretty much the format I use for the rest of the videos with text notifications here and there pointing out certain things. I figure I'll do the videos in 1 hour segments to keep the number I need to make low.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

that looks more a playtrough then a treasure chest walktrough, you do more then only finding treasures, you cannot expect that people watch a whole hour if they only want to see where the treasures are

Hence why the title says Storyline and Treasure Chest Walkthrough. It's both. And it demonstrates other trophies other than just the treasures. Also, I'm not breaking it up into smaller videos, first because it would be about 30-40 videos that way, and also because it coincides with 10 stages I've broken the first playthrough into on the guide

Edited by damon8r351

I beat the story, collected all the play 1 trophies, and now I just have to do the no battles run, and then eternal slip.

I have a couple points.

1 - If you are a high enough level, you can easily handle your 600 battles in the final dungeon, but be careful, there is NO INN.  If you are worried about health, just get your 600 battles at one of the meteomobile destinations BEFORE you go to the new location.

2 - Late in the game, you will get an MP recovery accessory (I won't name it for minor spoilers).  If you put this on your healer, you will be able to spam amiliorate, and keep everyone healthy all the time with almost no concern for MP.

3 - On your second run, when you come to the fight with Ironheart, make sure you take off all your legendary gear before you enter the goman's hut.  I literally could not win (it is supposed to be a scripted loss), but I also could not lose as I healed as fast as he dealt damage.  I wonder if you spent enough time fighting, if you could actually win?  The next time you meat him he has ~15,000 health, so it may take some time lol.

Also, I am not sure I will ever actually get this plat.  I tried eternal slip for 1 hour after I finished the story, but I only got past the "SEGA" section once, and the VAST majority of my deaths were in the first 5-10 seconds.  I really suck at the timing lol.

• Like 1

Said fuck it and started the game for real last night. Couldn't progress much, it was late, but I found out the plants and someone left. More than likely I'm going to do a blind playthrough, then a no battle playthrough and clean up the rest on the third. The progress on every trophy carries over, right? Like armor, chests, keys and alike? Obviously not talking about sidequests though.

I don't know about the chests, but you can get the best armor over 2 playthroughs.  I will note however that on your no battle run, you CANNOT get one of the master keys (for opening the best chests), so you will need to get that on your clean up run if you miss it the first time.

Also, I am not sure I will ever actually get this plat.  I tried eternal slip for 1 hour after I finished the story, but I only got past the "SEGA" section once, and the VAST majority of my deaths were in the first 5-10 seconds.  I really suck at the timing lol.

Keep trying it from time to time, but don't spend several hours on it or you will end up giving up on it. The SEGA part was my consistent best for my first day of trying as well, but I can now get easily to the second "stairs" section only to fail at the very next part as it is no longer a stair section so it messed up my rhythm xD All following attempts quickly fail early on too until my fingers get used to the "slower" and "longer" paths until they reach the stairs again (and fail there). I'll only spend an hour at most on this on weekdays (though I don't plan to play it every day), possibly more on weekends. I hope to get it done by Oct 31st, but it may go over as I have some issues with my right arm at the moment.

Keep trying it from time to time, but don't spend several hours on it or you will end up giving up on it. The SEGA part was my consistent best for my first day of trying as well, but I can now get easily to the second "stairs" section only to fail at the very next part as it is no longer a stair section so it messed up my rhythm xD All following attempts quickly fail early on too until my fingers get used to the "slower" and "longer" paths until they reach the stairs again (and fail there). I'll only spend an hour at most on this on weekdays (though I don't plan to play it every day), possibly more on weekends. I hope to get it done by Oct 31st, but it may go over as I have some issues with my right arm at the moment.

Thanks for the advice, I will have to keep at it.  I am a little distracted with my new Ratchet games, and the Hard Raid in Destiny coming out, but I will get through it :)

• Like 1

I will not be finishing by the end of the month, but I am okay with this. :)

It's been a productive month in real life, and the bedroom renovations are finally done, so I am quite happy. Probably won't have time to play this week much at all, I have to dig up sweet potatoes by the weekend.

you CANNOT get one of the master keys (for opening the best chests), so you will need to get that on your clean up run if you miss it the first time.

Can I get that key (fighting required) on post game, pré-'if you go through this, there is no turning back and you gonna beat the boss and finish the game' time?

So you are telling me, from the 10 keys the game has, the only one that is missable is also the one I gotta fight for?

PIER SOLAR, Y U DO DIS.

I am afraid that this is the truth. One of those oddball design decisions that plague this game (the Genesis version, from what I've read, is even worse - you should read the commentary in the gamefaqs guide's by Tim). This is why I edited my original post to you about a blind playthrough.

EDIT: Whoops! You do need to find your keys and ultimate armor in your first playthrough (or, at least, one particular piece of it). I forgot that you have to fight a random lion to get one of the keys, which is a no-no in your second playthrough.

I am afraid that this is the truth. One of those oddball design decisions that plague this game (the Genesis version, from what I've read, is even worse - you should read the commentary in the gamefaqs guide's by Tim). This is why I edited my original post to you about a blind playthrough.

That's true, it seems my memory doesn't last more than 5 days anymore.

All I was wanting was some sort of 'missable stuff required' list that I could pay attention to every now and then, while doing all the rest blindly. Guessed it wouldn't happen, that's why I took some more days to start and gave up waiting and started anyway.

On a side note, my PS3 seems to be dying, but I'm hoping it can survive at least until Jan 1st, so I can take part in both events before I move on to the vita for god knows how long.

So you are telling me, from the 10 keys the game has, the only one that is missable is also the one I gotta fight for?

PIER SOLAR, Y U DO DIS.

Umm, a couple problems here.

There are only 8 keys, and 4 of them are missable, and only one is dependant on a fight (cannot be gotten on a no fights run)

There are only 8 keys, and 4 of them are missable, and only one is dependant on a fight (cannot be gotten on a no fights run)

I think he's talking about the 10 pieces of armor (2 of which are gotten from a missable sidequest). Also, while the other 3 keys are missable, as you say, they can be gotten on a no-fight run.

That's true, it seems my memory doesn't last more than 5 days anymore.

All I was wanting was some sort of 'missable stuff required' list that I could pay attention to every now and then, while doing all the rest blindly. Guessed it wouldn't happen, that's why I took some more days to start and gave up waiting and started anyway.

On a side note, my PS3 seems to be dying, but I'm hoping it can survive at least until Jan 1st, so I can take part in both events before I move on to the vita for god knows how long.

Yeah. I'm so out of the loop that I can't give you all of the particulars. But like I said, only the fight against the lion is necessary in an otherwise-blind playthrough, so that you can get that piece of armor for your next (no fight) playthrough. Use your 600 battle grind at the end to generate a ton of cash, and you can get shop-a-holic on your no-fight playthrough as well.

I hate games that punish you for playing them the way they are intended, BTW, despite the fact that I generally love JRPGs (and in particular, 16-bit JRPGs and their wannabe clones).

And you get a trophy as well for winning the fight, so that fight is not the sort of thing you would accidentally overlook when going for the platinum.

I would say that the other missable keys are more missable than the fight one.