Post your Blood Moon pictures/experiences!

Dav9834

I thought a certain Uchiha emo and Hades from Saint Seiya decided to join forces and they were going to put us in an eternal Tsukoyomi while the earth froze and we would die at peace.

(Not a spoiler, but a big image btw)

maxresdefault.jpg

In all seriousness, It was unique and a pleasure to witness, besides it made my eyes rest from so much "screen-time". From the place I'm residing you could clearly see the combination between an eclipse and a blood-moon. Freaking cool.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1

Watched with a few family members. :)

Then I threw my headphones on playing baba yetu while watching it climax(very comfortable experience), was lucky there was limited cloud cover.

I managed to get a somewhat good picture. Didn't think the camera could do it. The camera did change the color of the moon to more vibrant, so it's almost a lie how red it was...

I tried to take a picture of it, but I only have my phone... so the best I could get was a super tiny orangish blur. sigh-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862519Yours came out awesome looking though, what'd you use?

• Like 1

It barely looked all that red to me. It looked more dark and white for me. Needless to say I was kind of disappointed, but I only heard about it today so I guess I'm glad I didn't get my hopes built up. I didn't even take a picture on my phone since I didn't think it was worth it and it probably wouldn't have even come out that great either.

I was also disappointed there were no Vampires coming out either. I had my stakes and crosses ready.

• Like 1

I get up at 5am for work so went to bed at 10pm. However, something woke me at 3am, so I peeked out and saw the moon mostly red with a bright edge. I watched it, bleary eyed, for about 10 mins, before falling back to sleep. I did try to take a pic on my phone but the camera couldn't even pick it up. When I left the house at 6am the moon was very big and bright and low in the sky.

I woke up early to see it. After making my way through a large and well stocked (if a little poorly maintained) library, I found an old man seated in a wheelchair, mumbling some nonsense. I walked past him, but the moon looked normal. Luckily, there were messages telling me that I was in the right place - "Here!" - and that I should "Try jumping", so I took a leap of faith and jumped from the ledge. 

I found myself standing on a still lake, apparently unscathed. Then, a monstrous fleshy beast began spawning giant spiders and shooting arcane magics at me. Luckily, I was able to dispatch him using my trusty blades and this old blunderbuss I had lying around. 

After he died, the blood moon revealed itself, and I beheld it's glory on that peaceful lake, and trembled in its majesty:

MJmLE3e.jpg

Beware the old blood...

I tried to take a picture of it, but I only have my phone... so the best I could get was a super tiny orangish blur. sigh-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862519Yours came out awesome looking though, what'd you use?

Your lucky your phone got at least the orange! My Note 4 only got a white speck!

I used my families Canon EOS 60D, it apparently wasn't very cheap, but it's also not professional , and it didn't have a very long lens that I would think it would have required. So I was a little surprised. It is blurry though, but heck I'll take it lol. My Note 4 couldn't get much of anything that's for sure, I'll post that one too. I did try out the LG G4 phone for a few days a couple months ago, and I have to say even though I could see the battery dropping like a rock despite my efforts to save it(aside from loading a rom), it had an amazing camera, and may have actually been able to get a picture that... well... looks like a moon lol. It also had a better DAC than the Glaxay Note 4 which just made music sound amazing. But battery trumped. Well that was me going on a tangent  :blink:

I sat outside for 15 minutes, saw it, said "neat", and went back inside to play video games.

Lol I was tempted to do this myself, but then said, ah hell why not.

infinite_tsukuyomi_by_shybutterflylove-d

Welp that ones definitely clearer than the one I took, no wonder I felt strange looking at it yesterday, I couldn't tell evil forces were at work! lol :)

I thought a certain Uchiha emo and Hades from Saint Seiya decided to join forces and they were going to put us in an eternal Tsukoyomi while the earth froze and we would die at peace.

(Not a spoiler, but a big image btw)

maxresdefault.jpg

In all seriousness, It was unique and a pleasure to witness, besides it made my eyes rest from so much "screen-time". From the place I'm residing you could clearly see the combination between an eclipse and a blood-moon. Freaking cool.

I hear ya it was a nice break from staring at screens all day. My eyes were just as thankful lol

Wish I could have seen it in person. The trees in my backyard made viewing it impossible.

Ya we had to go into my neighbors yard to even see it for the same reason, thought I was going to have to go to the high school for a better look.

I get up at 5am for work so went to bed at 10pm. However, something woke me at 3am, so I peeked out and saw the moon mostly red with a bright edge. I watched it, bleary eyed, for about 10 mins, before falling back to sleep. I did try to take a pic on my phone but the camera couldn't even pick it up. When I left the house at 6am the moon was very big and bright and low in the sky.

That's a pretty cool story!! Ya after it went back to full no eclipse, we had cloud cover and it was still bright as sin at 2am!

I woke up early to see it. After making my way through a large and well stocked (if a little poorly maintained) library, I found an old man seated in a wheelchair, mumbling some nonsense. I walked past him, but the moon looked normal. Luckily, there were messages telling me that I was in the right place - "Here!" - and that I should "Try jumping", so I took a leap of faith and jumped from the ledge. 

I found myself standing on a still lake, apparently unscathed. Then, a monstrous fleshy beast began spawning giant spiders and shooting arcane magics at me. Luckily, I was able to dispatch him using my trusty blades and this old blunderbuss I had lying around. 

After he died, the blood moon revealed itself, and I beheld it's glory on that peaceful lake, and trembled in its majesty:

MJmLE3e.jpg

Beware the old blood...

Damn... wish I was there... Your's looks a lot less evil than drag0n2s as well!

I completely forgot it was last night...

At least you knew about it, If my brother didn't call I would have been non the wiser lol

I fell asleep damit.

I was about to do the same. We'll get another chance to see it, if we don't all kill each other...

Edited by Dav9834

I'm currently in NYC, and I saw it last night. Unfortunately, I didn't take any good pictures. The moon was glowing very bright before the lunar eclipse though, saw that from central park. :) There was a lot of clouds around the lunar eclipse time too, which sucked.

I'm currently in NYC, and I saw it last night. Unfortunately, I didn't take any good pictures. The moon was glowing very bright before the lunar eclipse though, saw that from central park. :) There was a lot of clouds around the lunar eclipse time too, which sucked.

Ya we def got lucky, the clouds literally rolled in 10 minutes after it apexed. Your lucky you got to see anything, from what a lot of people said including my Brother and Aunt in PA they could see some of it every few minutes tops. And they never saw the color.