How in earth i can get 100 stars in street smart?

zafira1290

I can't connect to servers to play street smart and i don't see what's the problem. I read somewhere that there is this skyhook (is it called like that) method but i have no idea how that works and does it even work in EU or just US? Please someone explain how i can get this hardest trophy in game! :(

I (finally) got this trophy a few days ago, still works in UK at least.. I didn't use a VPN to get the trophy quicker or anything, just did a challenge a week for ever and ever so I can't help on that. That might be your only option though if they aren't supporting other European countries anymore.

Hope you work it out!

When I got this trophy I took my Vita with me up north each weekend to visit family, stopping to connect to wifi at various establishments along the way so I was able to get around 3-4 challenges each weekend (20-30 stars each week).  I also remember that it was an absolute pain in the ass to get a connection half the time, and I can't remember the specifics, but there were times when the servers just felt like they were down for days on end.  I would take my Vita to work with me just to refresh from a different IP and sometimes that would help, but syncing my stars to the server was an awful experience.  I reached out to the developer who told me that they piggybacked on Sony's servers, so I then reached out to Sony who once again confirmed that they are complete imbeciles and their support team has no idea what's going on in their company or just in the world around them in general.  So my best advice is just take your Vita with you wherever you go and try to connect to any wifi you can to refresh the challenges.  The only time you need to be online is to update the challenge, you can play it offline all you want (though you will need to be online again at some point to sync your stars).  Hopefully you're also in an area with a few major cities nearby so you can get a couple different challenges on your list.  I think you can add challenges from multiple cities at once, so you shouldn't have to work about finishing one before finding more.

Also, I have a Vita with 3G, and as someone else mentioned above Skyhook doesn't work with that.  I never tried, I just took their word for it, so I did it another way, as mentioned above.  Good luck to you, and hopefully you just hit one of those frequent server bugs this game is plagued by and will be able to connect in a day or two.

Try connecting to every router you come upon, you'd see that even though you're in the same city/town the router is registered somewhere else. I was able to play 5 different weekly tournaments each week that way. Granted I am in NYC, but you may find the same to be true for you. Keep at it though and be patient, took me 7 months of daily online tournaments to get the Rayman Legends plat...

• 3 weeks later...

Ok thanks. :)

Sorry, I forgot this. Checked a few hours ago, and it worked. Although it took like 8 minutes for it to synchronise.

You also must take note that Skyhook will only work on the Vita systems that are Wi-Fi ONLY. The ones that have 3G capability can not be affected by Skyhook in any way, shape, or form. It's the reason why this game still hasn't been platted for me.

Also, I have a Vita with 3G, and as someone else mentioned above Skyhook doesn't work with that.  I never tried, I just took their word for it, so I did it another way, as mentioned above.  Good luck to you, and hopefully you just hit one of those frequent server bugs this game is plagued by and will be able to connect in a day or two.

Not quite. The 3G Vita uses primarily Skyhook for localisation (?) when connected via wi-fi. It uses GPS only if it cannot get a location from Skyhook.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You also must take note that Skyhook will only work on the Vita systems that are Wi-Fi ONLY. The ones that have 3G capability can not be affected by Skyhook in any way, shape, or form. It's the reason why this game still hasn't been platted for me.

Argh, where were you when i was trying this over a year ago. I had no idea the 3G version wouldn't work on skyhook, wasted some many hours trying.

• 2 weeks later...

Argh, where were you when i was trying this over a year ago. I had no idea the 3G version wouldn't work on skyhook, wasted some many hours trying.

It works completely fine with 3G version, I'm currently doing it without a problem (earned like 40 stars yesterday)

Just remember to:

- turn off and on your Vita after each change

- If you have SIM card plugged in remove it

Also, like others said, if you have any other strong WiFi signals in your area you may need to update their location as well. (I didnt had to)

My vita is 3G / wifi and I got it done, it's because I don't have a sim in my Vita

It works completely fine with 3G version, I'm currently doing it without a problem (earned like 40 stars yesterday)

Just remember to:

- turn off and on your Vita after each change

- If you have SIM card plugged in remove it

Also, like others said, if you have any other strong WiFi signals in your area you may need to update their location as well. (I didnt had to)

Well I already got Plat last year. Thanks for the other tips.

But the sim card being in the system affects it? I'm not even using the sim card, so in my head, the sim card is off, but i guess since its plugged in, its on?

Edited by bcks007

Well I already got Plat last year. Thanks for the other tips.

But the sim card being in the system affects it? I'm not even using the sim card, so in my head, the sim card is off, but i guess since its plugged in, its on?

There is technical possibility to localize you by checking distance to the mobile transceivers so its possible in theory... Im not 100% sure Vita uses that though as I'm not using SIM in my Vita anyway. Just heard it has to be removed so added to the advice. Won't hurt to do that while trying,

• 2 weeks later...

The skyhook method doesn't seem to work for me. I'm following the guide verbatim, and yes, I have the Wi-Fi only Vita. Smart As keeps insisting my location hasn't changed despite refreshing it and also powering off the Vita several times.

Any clue what might be wrong, and how to fix it? I'll be quite distraught if I end up with another unobtainable plat...

Edited by GIONAScm2

Make sure your Vita is completely off before changing your router location with Skyhook. Check to see how many Wi-Fi signals your Vita is picking up. If it's finding more than your main router, you'll either have to move around the building until you're down to just one signal or change the location of your other interfering routers as well. There are handy apps available free on Google Play or software you can download on your computer if you're having trouble finding the right MAC addresses - you typically want the one listed under BSSID, I think.

After changing location, when you tap the world icon and the game asks you if you want to synchronize with the PlayStation network, SELECT NO. I could never get it to read my new location if I synced it before looking for new Street Smart challenges. You can sync it up after you work on your challenge if you're worried about it not saving your stars.

Make sure your Vita is completely off before changing your router location with Skyhook. Check to see how many Wi-Fi signals your Vita is picking up. If it's finding more than your main router, you'll either have to move around the building until you're down to just one signal or change the location of your other interfering routers as well. There are handy apps available free on Google Play or software you can download on your computer if you're having trouble finding the right MAC addresses - you typically want the one listed under BSSID, I think.

After changing location, when you tap the world icon and the game asks you if you want to synchronize with the PlayStation network, SELECT NO. I could never get it to read my new location if I synced it before looking for new Street Smart challenges. You can sync it up after you work on your challenge if you're worried about it not saving your stars.

I'm in a basement and have like 100% signal for my own wifi, but there's another wifi signal that's really weak (1 bar). Could this be the issue? If so, what app should I use to change it?

I'm also not even sure which BSSID I should be using. The PSNP guide says to use my laptop's BSSID under command prompt, but PST says to use my Vita's BSSID, which has 1 character difference (ends with C instead of D). The Vita also has a MAC address that's completely different from the other 2. So I've basically got 3 codes I've been trying to work with to no avail.

EDIT: NO FUCKING WAY I GOT IT TO WORK AFTER 3 HOURS!

The other 2 wifi signals were very weak, but I changed their access points to match the same city I made my own access point. Once they were all assigned to the same city, it worked. I used inSSIDer home (free version) to reveal their MAC addresses.

Edited by GIONAScm2

The Skyhook method worked a treat using the vitas BSSID

Just make sure you switch your vita off after each change of location

Took me a couple of days doing it off an on

Also remember that once you have a location added to the list you can replay it over and over to get your star count as close to 9 for each place until they reset the list each week

You should be able to get 5 or 6 stars on average at each locale (some you will struggle with as the random nature of the task means that the horrible cube roll etc does appear now and then)

But only using the vita BSSID was the way for me anyway. I just left the skyhook webpage up and moved location from city to city and it was a doddle albeit a longwinded doddle

Just wish they stopped closing servers

Edited by Evertonian