Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

I think doing something like Xion did with the various badges is cool to reward people who play every single version of a game but the platinum award should be for completing every distinct game.

I don't mind games like HDN and HDN:re1 since it got a huge overhaul, but i don't agree with requiring a remastered version, or the exact same version on another console.

I hear people say that "a true fan would have the plat on every console", but I don't agree with that. I have several series that I love, and I'll play them over and over , on the same console, without needing to get the exact same trophies again.

Just to make things clear. I have no intention of starting a PP at any point in the foreseeable future. I feel like there have been a lot of great suggestions, some good ones, and a few not-so-good ones. I don't think every single viable option needs to be snatched up and taken within the first two weeks of this thing. It seems like the type of community event that could really stick around for a long time, there's no need to force an idea just to get in on the action.

Thats why we let the PP creator deside if they want to add remastered/other version or not :) , because there are both opinions and you cannot please everyone :) .

For me it is greater achievement to get all plats on every consol than on a single console, thats why i give Platinum rank only these ppl . But like i said , it is my opinion and other ppl have other opinions , thats fine :). i Added the "reached all unique plats" rank because it was little bit unfair without it :) . But thx for the feedback , i appreciate it :)

With every single idea part :  jeah that was the fear we had on beginning and thats why i suggested this supervisore thread :). So we dont have poping out 10 PP threads in first week and than no-one is interested anymore.  Zonehunter is doing a very very good job in this thread and im glad i said he should creat this thread!

Edited by Xionx

Right, I've finalized my idea to a Front Line Mix Bag. The Front Line theme focuses on games that take us into the saddle of the finest soldiers in Gaming from ground and air...as well as in some occasion the seat of command over squads.

This theme focuses around more Human to Human combat, as opposed to anything too futuristic such as Aliens or Robots. To 100% this Project you'll also require a US account for access to CS:GO

[uPDATED] Games involved:

• Army of Two: Devil's Cartel
  • Ace Combat - Assault Horizon and Infinity
  • Air Conflicts - Pacific Carriers, Vietnam and Pacific war
  • Apache: Air Assault
  • Bodycount
  • Brink :awesome:
  • Combat Wings
  • CS:GO
  • Enemy Front
  • Frozen Synapse Prime
  • Heavy fire; Shattered Spear and Afghan
  • Medal of Honor Frontline
  • Medal of Honor 2010
  • Medal of Honor Warfighter
  • Mercs. 2
  • Op. Flashpoint - Dragon Rising and Red River
  • R.U.S.E
  • RAMBO
  • Rogue Warrior
  • Sniper Elite 2 and 3
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior 1 and 2
  • Spec Ops the Line
  • Time Crisis: Razing Storm
  • Tom Clancy's Hawx 1 and 2
  • Tom Clancy's Endwar
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Warfare
  • Unit 13

If you feel any are outliers or some need to be added, please quote so I'm aware ect.

Edited by Lillybuk

Right, I've finalized my idea to a Front Line Mix Bag. The Front Line theme focuses on games that take us into the saddle of the finest soldiers in Gaming from ground and air...as well as in some occasion the seat of command over squads.

This theme focuses around more Human to Human combat, as opposed to anything too futuristic such as Aliens or Robots. To 100% this Project you'll also require a US account for access to CS:GO

Games involved:

• Bodycount
  • Combat Wings
  • Enemy Front
  • Frozen Synapse Prime
  • Medal of Honor
  • Mercs. 2
  • R.U.S.E
  • RAMBO
  • Rogue Warrior
  • Sniper Elite 2 and 3
  • Spec Ops the Line
  • Tom Clancy's Endwar
  • Unit 13

If you feel any are outliers or some need to be added, please quote so I'm aware ect.

Making people play Rambo. Lol That's truly evil.

Might be the hardest PP yet due to Endwar. Hear its a pain to boost cause you need a digital and physical copy of it.

• Like 1

Games involved:

• Bodycount
  • Combat Wings
  • Enemy Front
  • Frozen Synapse Prime
  • Medal of Honor
  • Mercs. 2
  • R.U.S.E
  • RAMBO
  • Rogue Warrior
  • Sniper Elite 2 and 3
  • Spec Ops the Line
  • Tom Clancy's Endwar
  • Unit 13

I will add it to the OP for now. Make sure that every platinum is still obtainable because you've listed some pretty old games, Ruse for example.

Also, i was thinking of adding the list of games under the suggestion in the OP. So people can see which games are planned for future PP threads.

Edited by Zone Hunter

I think there should be the rule of not have stacked platinums count in order to be in the highest spot on a PP leaderboard. The top rank should be for someone that has gotten all unique platinums. It shouldn't mater on what platform you choice to do it on. All stacking really shows is that one person has the available resources to do it(all system and more copys of that game).

As for stackable platinums, i really don't want to make anymore changes. I think letting the PP creators decide whether or not they want to include them in order for someone to reach top tier, is the best thing to do. There are already so many rules in place, this at least i want to give to the PP creators to decide.

• Like 1

(Late reply.. was suppose to be submitted a little earlier.)

It makes sense why someone would both include ports/remasters in their PP and why they won't towards rankings. I'm getting sick of writing walls of text ( xD) but there is good reason for both. 

One thing I think should definitely be the case though is that for p/rs (ports/remasters), they should all be included (don't get mislead) in all PPs by default (especially for informative knowledge) (It'd be wrong to be system biased)... The thing is, it doesn't have to be forced to be achieved to get to certain tiers/positions/ranks, but it needs to be there so there's no misconception on a person needing to platinum all the games on one system to reach ranks. So it should be in all threads, but the thread creator should then choose whether it will be separate or tied with its original version for rankings. Common sense though tbh o.o

Quoting you for the reason below

I know that Mar is a huge fan on the inFAMOUS series so maybe Mar can have that reserved til it comes out. Also, even though Mar said that they would drop the Sonic PP, I don't think that would be necessary as an inFAMOUS sequel/spin-off won't be released for a while now

;D. Yeah that's the other thing yo, inFAMOUS isn't getting another installment for a while.

Edited by Mar

Maybe you didnt saw the emblem to get Plat on every unique game , regardless of the Platform to earn a Gold status? you dont need foxhound to reach gold. So it is fair for everyone who wants high points for leaderboard.  maybe you should check the facts befor criticising it.

I did check the facts and my point still stands. You are required to earn every platinum regardless of platform to qualify for the Big Boss Emblem, which is platinum status.

It is different to same lists from other regions. because importing a game from other countries is not an option for everyone.

But buying a game on a different system or even buying a different system to play said game on in order qualify is? I don't see how that logic holds up.

You dont have to agree with my PP , its fine , and you dont have to participate in MGS PP if you dont like it.  But keep it down with calling something BS only because you dont agree with it. i respect you with your opinion , so would be nice if you show little bit respect too.

Okay, you got me there. I was being a little smug about it and perhaps I should've chose better words to get my point across but I still stand by what I said: I think it's quite unfair that people need to stack platinums regardless of platform in order to qualify for the top spot. You need to purchase a different version of the game and earn all the trophies again. The only real difference with that and importing games is that you use a different controller.

I don't agree with how PP MGS and PP Atelier work. Zone said It's up to the creators  to include all versions and I respect that but honestly I hope those are the last two threads that do that.

• Like 1

I did check the facts and my point still stands. You are required to earn every platinum regardless of platform to qualify for the Big Boss Emblem, which is platinum status.

This was more about the unfair "Foxhound" emblem you mentioned, if someone bought only TPP on ps4 . So i added The Boss Emblem (Gold) for getting every unique Plat.

Okay, you got me there. I was being a little smug about it and perhaps I should've chose better words to get my point across but I still stand by what I said: I think it's quite unfair that people need to stack platinums regardless of platform in order to qualify for the top spot. You need to purchase a different version of the game and earn all the trophies again. The only real difference with that and importing games is that you use a different controller.

I don't agree with how PP MGS and PP Atelier work. Zone said It's up to the creators  to include all versions and I respect that but honestly I hope those are the last two threads that do that.

If lillybuck adds a game like CS,GO that is only available for US , it is in my opinion way more unfair for all EU player here. I understand the arguments about stacking Plats, i was just not ok with the way you told me that. Both ranks (The boss with all unique and Big Boss with all possible PLats) are not reached yet so i can still change it. i will think about it, thats for sure , but i dont promise that i change it.

"One thing I think should definitely be the case though is that for p/rs (ports/remasters), they should all be included (don't get mislead) in all PPs by default (especially for informative knowledge) (It'd be wrong to be system biased)... The thing is, it doesn't have to be forced to be achieved to get to certain tiers/positions/ranks, but it needs to be there so there's no misconception on a person needing to platinum all the games on one system to reach ranks." -Mar

Example (so there's no confusion)- For the R&C thread. Say someone had a few of the plats on PS3 from when they had one but they were aiming for a certain tier, since they don't have the collection platinums and since they have a Vita, they should be able to gain a higher position via using the Vita when playing the collection on it. The R&C PP (and any other PP) shouldn't be system biased (for the PS3) just because most of the games are on that system and focused on that system.

With all PPs, all ports and remakes should be included so that its known that people can take advantage of multi plat games, "I don't have x system but look, this game was remastered or ported on this system that I do have, so I can still increase my rank". If the p/rs aren't listed, technically the thread would look to be system exclusive.. which is bad.

But yeah, pretty much this entire system with creators choosing whether to include them to count towards rankings is similar to developer's or Sony's decision to have multi plat games with cross or separate trophy list. I agree with you to an extent. I just think it should be handled a different way, like a separate bonus list of people who get plats on multiple systems. The default rankings/list... there should be a default system/list for those who get the platinum on all games one time and then a separate secondary system/list for those who do have the ports/remasters. Essentially, just like extra credit (school wise) or bonus requirements (game wise). Note: The default in general is fairly implemented to be fair for everyone, thus why I recommended a secondary list for those get the p/rs platinums to.

;)

Edited by Mar

If lillybuck adds a game like CS,GO that is only available for US , it is in my opinion way more unfair for all EU player here.

Woah. Woah. WOAH.

First; I did not change my name to Lillybuk to have people try and spell buck the right way :shakefist:

As for it being "way more unfair" to EU players to add CSGO it really isnt as you can easily create an alt and grab $$$$ off of amazon to grab the game with and play on your EU acc. Hence: If you want to be the best, like no one ever was, having several regional accounts is going to work in your favor - especially with the Dengeki Bunko PP which I believe is to have JP VN's if it goes through.

• Like 1

Woah. Woah. WOAH.

First; I did not change my name to Lillybuk to have people try and spell buck the right way :shakefist:

As for it being "way more unfair" to EU players to add CSGO it really isnt as you can easily create an alt and grab $$$$ off of amazon to grab the game with and play on your EU acc. Hence: If you want to be the best, like no one ever was, having several regional accounts is going to work in your favor - especially with the Dengeki Bunko PP which I believe is to have JP VN's if it goes through.

oh sry that i messed up your name !  im very sry :o .

I have no prob with alt account , but it is against sony rules to create an fake account :) . so even if everyone does it , it is still not allowed . So it encourage ppl, to do something against sony rules.  I think your list is awesome, and long enough without the need of cs,go anyway :) .

In the end it is not my decision , but i just want you to explain it :) . retail wouldnt be a problem , but csgo is digital only.

oh sry that i messed up your name !  im very sry :o .

I have no prob with alt account , but it is against sony rules to create an fake account :) . so even if everyone does it , it is still not allowed . So it encourage ppl, to do something against sony rules.  I think your list is awesome, and long enough without the need of cs,go anyway :) .

In the end it is not my decision , but i just want you to explain it :) . retail wouldnt be a problem , but csgo is digital only.

CS:GO is staying on for the reason that there are thousands of people with international alts, they're not fake accounts as they're being used, if Sony truly didnt want people to do stuff like this, then they'd lock the console to the original region it was meant for as opposed to allowing several internation accounts onto it

• Like 1

CS:GO is staying on for the reason that there are thousands of people with international alts, they're not fake accounts as they're being used, if Sony truly didnt want people to do stuff like this, then they'd lock the console to the original region it was meant for as opposed to allowing several internation accounts onto it

Sorry but you are wrong .  Several accounts are allowed , fake accounts are not. And if you dont have an adress in US but you creat an account with an wrong adress it is a fake account .  Has nothing to do with region lock or several accounts with correct address.

Sorry but you are wrong .  Several accounts are allowed , fake accounts are not. And if you dont have an adress in US but you creat an account with an wrong adress it is a fake account .  Has nothing to do with region lock or several accounts with correct address.

At the end of the day my US account lives at macdonalds.

I'm still waiting for free food.

• Like 1

Then even my main is a fake account because i live in the town G on street G number G

At the end of the day my US account lives at macdonalds.

I'm still waiting for free food.

Then even my main is a fake account because i live in the town G on street G number G

i dont care if you have fake accounts or if you live in a mcdonalds or burger king or what ever. 

I just bring up facts about it. if you want to make fun about me , fine , i have no problem with that. but is is not part of the discussion here.

D-A should start a Dragon PP. (Dragons Age x3, Dogma, Crown, Fantasy 2) Yes I'm purposefully leaving out the Dragon ball games.

I've thought about it and:

Zone, you can put me down for a PP: Dragons, which includes RPGs where dragons have a prominent role. So far these games are going to be in it:

1. Demon Gaze
  2. Dragon Age Origins
  3. Dragon Age 2
  4. Dragon Age Inquisition
  5. Dragon's Crown
  6. Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
  7. Dragon Fantasy Book
  8. Dragon Fantasy Book II
  9. Dragon Fin Soup
  10. Drakengard 3
  11. Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning
  12. Skyrim