Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

Also, since the question got lost earlier, is there anything wrong with splitting a mixed bag PP when a series gets enough games?

I'm pretty sure Skyes asked that earlier but to answer it again. No Mixed bag PPs will never be split. Once a series gets 5 titles nothing really changes aside from the category requirements that will increase whenever a new game in the series is released. 

I think splitting a mixed bag PP thread whenever a series gets enough entries to get its own PP thread will only make things more confusing.

Edited by Zone Hunter

Are you going to be asking people if they want to be added to this general leaderboard? I know I would personally prefer to only be on the individual ones I might join and not on this main one.

Seeing as we already exceeded 100 different members across all PP threads (and we only have a couple running so far) i don't plan on doing that. But i guess you can request to be taken off the general PP leaderboard if you so desire. Although if i may ask you to wait until the leaderboard is actually up on this forum, that'd be great. =)

I was thinking of doing a Modernized Warfare Mix Bag PP, however one set of games in particular I wanted to know if the community would pass off as its own franchise.

05f874c133.png

Now while I'm in the understanding that Call of Duty is its own franchise, Modern Warfare is also classed as its own franchise leading me to ask whether or not the community would be alright in classing Modern Warfare as its own franchise for the Modernized Warfare PP. I haven't got a full list down yet due to the fact that I've been deliberating this already with Zone who's asked me to ask you guys, the PSNP community what you think.

Should Modern Warfare be classed as its own Franchise or naw?

Edited by Lillybuk

I was thinking of doing a Modernized Warfare PP, however one set of games in particular I wanted to know if the community would pass off as its own franchise.

05f874c133.png

Now while I'm in the understanding that Call of Duty is its own franchise, Modern Warfare is also classed as its own franchise leading me to ask whether or not the community would be alright in classing Modern Warfare as its own franchise for the Modernized Warfare PP. I haven't got a full list down yet due to the fact that I've been deliberating this already with Zone who's asked me to ask you guys, the PSNP community what you think.

Should Modern Warfare be classed as its own Franchise or naw?

Aren't there only 3 games in the MW series though? COD4, MW2, and MW3

Idea for another PP: The Rubbing PP! It will include the games that make you rub

• Monster Monpiece
  • Criminal Girls
  • Moe Chronicle
  • Moe Chronicle 2
  • Other games i can't think of at the moment

I wouldn't run it because I'm lazy, but it's out there if someone wants to do it

You could call it something like "This PP is for rubbing"

Edited by Urushiro
  • Like 2

There is none at the moment which is why I'm trying to work extremely fast to pick it up

I like your modernised PP that you've proposed, but if someone wanted to do a COD PP in the future, they'd be locked out of having these 3 games which are part of the series? And it would kinda be weird doing a COD PP without the MW games

A couple questions dood:

1. Has a PP Batman Arkham been suggested yet as I'm too lazy to look through all the pages and didn't see it on the OP?
  2. I see a PP Disgaea on the PP thread idea list, why is that? I wanted to do a PP for Disgaea but since the rules stated there needed to be 5 unique games with a platinum and Disgaea only has 4 unique games with a plat  so I didn't make an official request for it dood

I strongly object to this PP ever happening.

There's no way one could create "Amazing Games PP" because what is amazing for the creator may not be amazing for others.

The only reply I've checked since I last posted. This isn't entirely true. Most of the amazing games majority of the people agree on such as The Last of Us. It's too unlikely for someone to not list at least more than half of the amazing games in an amazing PP thread. I didn't even include ratings that some people use as support for both thinking the game is amazing and it being generally accepted that a game is amazing. 

The only reply I've checked since I last posted. This isn't entirely true. Most of the amazing games majority of the people agree on such as The Last of Us. It's too unlikely for someone to not list at least more than half of the amazing games in an amazing PP thread. I didn't even include ratings that some people use as support for both thinking the game is amazing and it being generally accepted that a game is amazing. 

TLOU is disliked by many people on this site so... yeah. wouldn't consider any one game or group of games amazing unless you want a lot of people saying things like "your opinion is wrong"

Edited by Urushiro

A couple questions dood:

1. Has a PP Batman Arkham been suggested yet as I'm too lazy to look through all the pages and didn't see it on the OP?
  2. I see a PP Disgaea on the PP thread idea list, why is that? I wanted to do a PP for Disgaea but since the rules stated there needed to be 5 unique games with a platinum and Disgaea only has 4 unique games with a plat  so I didn't make an official request for it dood

No there hasn't been a Batman PP suggested as of yet.

About Disgaea. I allowed it since the games are grindy and require a decent amount of hours to complete them as compensation for being one game short. Although since i rewrote my rules and decided to be a bit more strict in following them, i sent them a message about including the Disgaea Vita remakes so it somewhat fits the 5 unique games rule. I'm still discussing it with BlueFlare & YaoiGod (which weren't so keen on including the vita games) so at this point it is still unsure if there will be one. 

Edited by Zone Hunter

No there hasn't been a Batman PP suggested as of yet.

About Disgaea. I allowed it since the games are grindy and require a decent amount of hours to complete them as compensation for being one game short. Although since i rewrote my rules and decided to be a bit more strict in following them, i sent them a message about including the Disgaea Vita remakes so it somewhat fits the 5 unique games rule. I'm still discussing it with BlueFlare & YaoiGod (which weren't so keen on including the vita games) so at this point it is still unsure if there will be one. 

Well the vita ones aren't really unique since they are just ports with the dlc added, basically like "GOTY" editions of Disgaea (although I'll definitely be doing the vita ones as well)

Now as for Batman I wanted to do it with the Batman Arkham games which there are 5 unique ones but I was wondering if I would have to do a PP with all Batman games meaning I need to include Lego Batman games or would those be part of a Lego PP dood?

As for the Mixed bag PP threads. (Multiple franchises and stand alone IP's)

• You can't use franchises that exceed the 5 unique games rules (at the time of requesting to make the thread) as they can have their own thread. Mixed Bag PP threads are only for smaller franchises and stand alone IP's.
  • If you use a franchise you'll have to use the whole franchise and every game has to meet the condition of your Mixed PP Thread. (So, no plucking single games from other franchises to include them in your PP thread)
  • You'll need to include every franchise and game that meet the conditions of your Mixed bag PP threads.

Thoughts and feedback are welcome. 

Ok the second bullet. So, if im right, your last bullet which is not listed here, actually compensates for part of this bullet? Because some franchises have sequels/installments with different genres such as Dead Space Extraction, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z and Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Sonic All Stars Racing series, etc. By not having those generic/universal PP threads, you can't have the contradiction with your 2nd bullet of including all franchise games in a thread that is about one genre that all games in a franchise would not meet.

Ok so its official that under no circumstances can a game be used more than once? And PP threads such as Jei's, which violate this rule, is left out because his was requested before the rule was enforced?

Ok so I like this change because this means any franchise with 5 games or more has to actually be an exclusive series thread. (Pretty messed up how the only franchise left for me that I am knowledgeable enough on was taken already though -_-).

With that said, im now thinking about doing Sonic - 5 franchise PP. I didn't want to think the Ultimate Genesis Collection counted, but TECHNICALLY it's stilled name after Sonic and has a lot of his classic games in it.

Edited by Mar

Well the vita ones aren't really unique since they are just ports with the dlc added, basically like "GOTY" editions of Disgaea (although I'll definitely be doing the vita ones as well)

Now as for Batman I wanted to do it with the Batman Arkham games which there are 5 unique ones but I was wondering if I would have to do a PP with all Batman games meaning I need to include Lego Batman games or would those be part of a Lego PP dood?

Yes i know it wouldn't exactly be 5 unique games but it would be more within the rules i've set than just the 4 main games. Either way i'll see how i work this out with BlueFlare & YaoiGod.

No you don't have to include the Lego versions as it's not the same franchise (Arkham franchise) At least that's how i see it. 

TLOU is disliked by many people on this site so... yeah. wouldn't consider any one game or group of games amazing unless you want a lot of people saying things like "your opinion is wrong"

Regardless, it's still liked by majority, some people were kidding on that thread, you can easily dislike a game and still acknowledge and know that it's amazing (I myself have a few of these), and this logic of "your opinion is wrong" would apply to any other similar PP thread, not just an "amazing" games one.

Edited by Mar

I like your modernised PP that you've proposed, but if someone wanted to do a COD PP in the future, they'd be locked out of having these 3 games which are part of the series? And it would kinda be weird doing a COD PP without the MW games

However by theory it'd leave the other games open for say, Past warfare or Future Warfare mix bags, which in my opinion would be the better option as we'd be getting 3 PP's out of one big name.

Ok the second bullet. So, if im right, your last bullet which is not listed here, actually compensates for part of this bullet? Because some franchises have sequels/installments with different genres such as Dead Space Extraction, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z and Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Sonic All Stars Racing series, etc. By not having those generic/universal PP threads, you can't have the contradiction with your 2nd bullet of including all franchise games in a thread that is about one genre that all games in a franchise would not meet.

Ok so its official that under no circumstances can a game be used more than once? And PP threads such as Jei's, which violate this rule, is left out because his was requested before the rule was enforced?

Ok so I like this change because this means any franchise with 5 games or more has to actually be an exclusive series thread. (Pretty messed up how the only franchise left for me that I am knowledgeable enough on was taken already though -_-).

With that said, im now thinking about doing Sonic - 5 franchise PP. I didn't want to think the Ultimate Genesis Collection counted, but it's stilled name after Sonic and has a lot of his classic games in it.

Is there a contradiction in my rules? i'm not really sure what you're trying to say with your first paragraph :P

And yes under no circumstance can a franchise be used twice. Jem does not violate this rule. The rule he violates is including a franchise that has 5 or more unique entries. As you cannot include them in mixed bag PP threads since they qualify for having their own separate PP thread. But seeing as his request was made and he had already finished the thread before the change in this rule, i went with it.

Alright! I'll add it to the OP.

Edited by Zone Hunter

EDIT: Going by one of the new rules, wouldn't it be impossible to do that kind of thread, since Modern Warfare is part of a franchise (Call of Duty) that has more than 5 games, thus forcing it to be its own franchise thread?

Is there a contradiction in my rules? i'm not really sure what you're trying to say with your first paragraph :P

And yes under no circumstance can a franchise be used twice. Jem does not violate this rule. The rule he violates is including a franchise that has 5 or more unique entries. As you cannot include them in mixed bag PP threads since they qualify for having their own separate PP thread. But seeing as his request was made and he had already finished the thread before the change in this rule, i went with it.

Alright! I'll add it to the OP.

No I was saying because of another rule that you have in place that you avoided a contradiction with another rule.

Jem does violate it as Dbz has more than 5 games, thus according to one of your rules it should have its own thread for its franchise. That's the rule I was talking about.

Cool yo.

I however actually have some new questions that I thought about after my replies:

- What's the (entire) deal with remasters such as the Borderlands' and Uncharted Collection (How will those work)?

- Technically, since the 5th Uncharted game isn't out yet but is is due for release soon, can't someone take advantage of this in the present and make a thread similar to Jei's that includes the current franchise games (4), thus preventing the potential and concept of an all Uncharted franchise thread in the future?

- Partly similar to the above, when Naruto technically gets its 5th installment (with trophies) also due for release soon, (this is where it gets different from the above) since there is already a thread that uses Naruto's games, Jei's thread will have some kind of existent priority, thus preventing someone from making an all Naruto franchise PP even if it does get its 5th game which would normally force a 5 or more game franchise to have its own thread?

I think I forgot my other questions/concerns.

Edited by Mar

However by theory it'd leave the other games open for say, Past warfare or Future Warfare mix bags, which in my opinion would be the better option as we'd be getting 3 PP's out of one big name.

True, but then Black Ops (1) would only be eligible for Past Warfare, while Black Ops 2 and 3 would be Future Warfare, splitting a franchise apart, contradicting this rule in the OP

• If you use a franchise you'll have to use the whole franchise and every game has to meet the condition of your Mixed PP Thread. (So, no plucking single games from other franchises to include them in yours)

IMO, the best way to go about it if you were to use the MW games, is to lay down other fully-thought out PP ideas for the rest of the series' games that will fit and make sense into (as well as other games that meet's the idea of the PP) that other people can pick up

No I was saying because of another rule that you have in place that you avoided a contradiction with another rule.

Jem does violate it as Dbz has more than 5 games, thus according to one of your rules it should have its own thread for its franchise. That's the rule I was talking about.

Cool yo.

I however actually have some new questions that I thought about after my replies:

- What's the (entire) deal with remasters such as the Borderlands' and Uncharted Collection (How will those work)?

- Technically, since the 5th Uncharted game isn't out yet but is is due for release soon, can't someone take advantage of this in the present and make a thread similar to Jei's that includes the current franchise games (4), thus preventing the potential and concept of an all Uncharted franchise thread in the future?

- Partly similar to the above, when Naruto technically gets its 5th installment (with trophies) also due for release soon, (this is where it gets different from the above) since there is already a thread that uses Naruto's games, Jei's thread will have some kind of existent priority, thus preventing someone from making an all Naruto franchise PP even if it does get its 5th game which would normally force a 5 or more game franchise to have its own thread?

I think I forgot my other questions/concerns.

1) Basically i'll leave it up to the PP creators if they want to add them or not. PP Atelier and HDN added the remakes while PP R&C didn't include the vita ports. Whether remasters/ports/remakes can be seen as an "unique games' list" in order to reach the 5 unique list quota is different for each game. It'll probably depend on how different from the original it actually is. 

2)

It depends on the franchise really. If someone would want to make a Mixed Bag PP with the Uncharted games in it for example (which has now 4 games with a platinum, excluding the remasters) i will probably say no since Uncharted 4 will be coming out in a few months making the franchise eligible for its own PP.

3) Jem's thread has priority. He will just add the new games to his thread and increase the category requirements if necessary. Disbanding Mixed Bag PP threads and setting new Franchise PP threads will make everything only more confusing.

Edited by Zone Hunter