Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

Uhm... F1 would come under Codemasters Racing though, would it not? Which means you'd only be able to have - in theory - the Codemasters Racing PP and not the F1.

Yes it could, I was just thinking that it would be it's own PP because it's a series that has 5+ platinum trophies whereas Dirt and Grid currently don't.

I'm glad that Zone Hunter has tightened up the rules for the mixed bag PPs but I'm still a bit concerned about them, specifically the inFAMOUS and morality idea. I know that inFAMOUS only has 4 games with platinum trophies at the moment but there is no doubt that Sony hasn't finished with the series yet and there will be a 5th installment, who knows when but it'll happen. I'd like to think that a series with such a large fan base like inFAMOUS will get it's own PP. The same could be said for the Mass Effect series with the release of its 4th installment not too far off, why waste one or both of them in a mixed bag PP now when both series could have PPs of their own in the future? People are scrambling around to make PPs right this second without thinking of the future, sure we can have a lot of PPs begin in the short term which is great but if we start using up all the well know franchises in mixed bags now then how many potential PPs are we ruining for a few years down the track? Just some food for thought :)

If majority of people agree, I somewhat do too, then Zone Hunter should maybe create a "special list" of games in the OP of series' of games that can't be used in a PP til it gets it's 5th unique plat

• Like 1

Well without taking from other PP's or potential future PP's I'll need to list these as well after taking a quick look:

• Kantai Collection - When it releases...
  • Love Live! Vol.1 Printemps
  • Love Live! Vol.2 BiBi
  • Love Live! Vol.3 lily white
  • Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Jukai no Kioku

How about a PP called 'Over 9000!!!' with games like Mugen Souls where you can level your characters to level 9000 or more. Disgaea has it's own PP but all the other NIS games (and maybe others?) don't.

Just an idea :D

Edit: Actually, I would like to reserve this idea (If it gets approved). By the time every other PP on the waiting list has been released I will have my 200 posts. Pretty please =)

Edited by Kurorac

How about a PP called 'Over 9000!!!' with games like Mugen Souls where you can level your characters to level 9000 or more. Disgaea has it's own PP but all the other NIS games (and maybe others?) don't.

Just an idea :D

Edit: Actually, I would like to reserve this idea (If it gets approved). By the time every other PP on the waiting list has been released I will have my 200 posts. Pretty please =)

Pretty sweet idea. You should think about gamed that'd qualify since there are only 2 Mugen Souls games, i think.

In terms of good/bad choices, I mean something along the lines of a system in the game that defines what kind of person you are from your actions. inFAMOUS and Mass Effect both have ways of measuring your good or bad "status" :) Plus, I'm also not sure that if zadorvp decided on using Heavy Rain in his point-and-click PP xD

Also, Fallout feels like it would fit, but I believe it would be better off in another PP

Heavy Rain falls under the games that don't match the criteria I set for my PP,  so it's up for grabs :P

Idea for another PP: The Rubbing PP! It will include the games that make you rub

• Monster Monpiece
  • Criminal Girls
  • Moe Chronicle
  • Moe Chronicle 2
  • Other games i can't think of at the moment

I wouldn't run it because I'm lazy, but it's out there if someone wants to do it

You could call it something like "This PP is for rubbing"

Heh, another one for me xD

I feel like I'll be on the top of leaderboards if PPs like this keep coming :awesome:

The only reply I've checked since I last posted. This isn't entirely true. Most of the amazing games majority of the people agree on such as The Last of Us. It's too unlikely for someone to not list at least more than half of the amazing games in an amazing PP thread. I didn't even include ratings that some people use as support for both thinking the game is amazing and it being generally accepted that a game is amazing. 

I'm pretty sure I would not agree to any of the "amazing" games :awesome:

About Disgaea. I allowed it since the games are grindy and require a decent amount of hours to complete them as compensation for being one game short. Although since i rewrote my rules and decided to be a bit more strict in following them, i sent them a message about including the Disgaea Vita remakes so it somewhat fits the 5 unique games rule. I'm still discussing it with BlueFlare & YaoiGod (which weren't so keen on including the vita games) so at this point it is still unsure if there will be one. 

We should abolish the unwritten "no remake" rule, anyway.

Considering almost all our threads have Vita remakes included in them (Neps have Rebirths, Atelier has Plus versions, MGS has Solid 2 and 3 + Ground Zeroes (PS3 + PS4 versions) only R&C has exchangeable (that reminds me, you should fix the link so it links to the first post, rather than to a random post in the thread)) maybe you should specify that unique equals unique in terms of trophy list, not in terms of content/name.

Well without taking from other PP's or potential future PP's I'll need to list these as well after taking a quick look:

• Love Live! Vol.2 BiBi

Oh god another one for my importing needs xDDDDD

What kind of name would it have? Moe of moeism? xD

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

We should abolish the unwritten "no remake" rule, anyway.

Considering almost all our threads have Vita remakes included in them (Neps have Rebirths, Atelier has Plus versions, MGS has Solid 2 and 3 + Ground Zeroes (PS3 + PS4 versions) only R&C has exchangeable (that reminds me, you should fix the link so it links to the first post, rather than to a random post in the thread)) maybe you should specify that unique equals unique in terms of trophy list, not in terms of content/name.

Alot of people are against stacking and that would lock them out of securing the top tier in a PP thread. That's why i leave it up to the PP creators if they want to include them. Not to mention a lot of games (including sound shapes) would qualify for their own PP thread if i see every different trophy list as another unique game. 

I fix'd the link, good catch!

Edited by Zone Hunter

Alot of people are against stacking and that would lock them out of securing the top tier in a PP thread. 

Didn't you prove that it did not matter? :awesome:

That's why i leave it up to the PP creators if they want to include them. Not to mention a lot of games (including sound shapes) would qualify for their own PP thread if i see every different trophy list as another unique game. 

Yea, that's a good point, but I'm pretty sure something like that would be immediately denied as that is a case of auto-popping everything xD

Anyways, my other point was that you may add something like that to the main post so people can suggest (deliberately suggest so you can decide whether you want to accept or not) PP threads if the games in questions are enhanced remakes or something like that =)

Like the case with Dis. =)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

I got lazy with the multiple quotes, so I didn't quote everyone.

What? Prototype doesn't even have a choice system. You simply just do whatever the hell you feel like it, just like in Grand Theft Auto or whatever. Protoype isn't comparable to inFAMOUS in that regard, only the gameplay and genre. I don't understand why Prototype was brung up. However, i'm only speaking about Prototype since I've been playing it recently. I don't know if they made changes in the sequel.

For general knowledge. If I do make any PP threads, I will include ports and remasters but they'll count as one (like Drake's Fortune Remastered and Drake's Fortune counting as one game). Why would I include them? Simple, not everyone has all 3 systems or even 2 of the systems. Someone could have one of the systems that the game is cross playable on so if I was to include ports and remasters, they'd be able to aim for higher positions. I'll use Dragon Ball as an example. If a DB PP thread was made.. there's actually one game in the entire franchise with platinums that's cross playable on Vita to. If someone had platinumed all the PS3 versions except that one cross playable game and didn't have a PS3 anymore but had a Vita, because of my preferences,, they could technically reach the top tier position by acheiving the platinum on Vita. 

Heavy Rain definitely does go under the morality thread. There being no direct or official system of bad vs good (unlike with inFAMOUS) doesn't mean the options and choices don't exist. The choices in HR leads to exclusive future events and the choices weigh enough to actually place you as a bad or good father in the case of Heavy Rain.

maybe their could be a Project Platinum: Superheroes

Games like, iron man, Captain America, Deadpool, batman, thor and x-men. Just an idea.

@SkyesUnholy. This includes you to, I saw your earlier reply. This is similar to the incomplete thread replacement I had in mine. I didn't even think of these super heroes, but I was thinking of a super heroes or super human thread that was going to include inFAMOUS, that other obvious series, and then some others obviously. However -_-, with the possibility of another rule being considered I probably wouldn't want to follow through with this anymore as I at least set standards to include 2 specific series as defaults. If inFAMOUS is negated (because of a possible new rule) then I'd scrap this idea.

EDIT: Actually wouldn't this (my) idea fall into the rule that says not to use developer and genre and etc based threads? 

If majority of people agree, I somewhat do too, then Zone Hunter should maybe create a "special list" of games in the OP of series' of games that can't be used in a PP til it gets it's 5th unique plat

This goes back to one of my previous concerns lol. Zone had just agreed to do the opposite, not he might consider changing his mind xDD. I might agree with this. Issue is.. some of these 5th game sequels can take longer than what most people probably are not considering to  be developed and published. Secondly, we don't exactly know if all games that need a 5th installment with a platinum will most likely happen or not. I wouldn't bet everything on a series being so popular that it'd "obviously" get a sequel sometime in the future, especially "soon". That's just a bit too naive.

Edited by Mar

I got lazy with the multiple quotes, so I didn't quote everyone.

What? Prototype doesn't even have a choice system. You simply just do whatever the hell you feel like it, just like in Grand Theft Auto (I believe). Protoype isn't comparable to inFAMOUS in that regard, only the gameplay and genre. I don't understand why Prototype was brung up. However, i'm only speaking about Prototype since I've been playing it recently. I don't know if they made changes in the sequel.

For general knowledge. If I do make any PP threads, I will include ports and remasters but they'll count as one (like Drake's Fortune Remastered and Drake's Fortune counting as one game). Why would I include them? Simple, not everyone has both a PS3 and Vita and plenty of games are on both system, so someone who may have platted 4 games on PS3 and needs one more, which is on Vita to, and does it on Vita would still be able to get the top tier position. This goes for any position though obviously.

Heavy Rain definitely does go under the morality thread. There being no direct or official system of bad vs good (unlike with inFAMOUS) doesn't mean the options and choices don't exist. The choices in HR leads to exclusive future events and the choices weigh enough to actually place you as a bad or good father in the case of Heavy Rain.

@Skiesunholy. This includes you to, I saw your earlier reply. This is similar to the incomplete thread replacement I had in mine. I didn't even think of these super heroes, but I was thinking of a super heroes or super human thread that was going to include inFAMOUS, that other obvious series, and then some others obviously. However -_-, with the possibility of another rule being considered I probably wouldn't want to follow through with this anymore as I at least set standards to include 2 specific series as defaults. If inFAMOUS is negated (because of a possible new rule) then I'd scrap this idea.

This goes back to one of my previous concerns lol. Zone had just agreed to do the opposite, not he might consider changing his mind xDD. I might agree with this. Issue is.. some of these 5th game sequels can take longer than what most people probably are not considering,. Secondly, we don't exactly know all games that need a 5th installment with a platinum will most likely happen or not. I wouldn't bet everything on a series being so popular that it'd obviously get a sequel sometime int he future, especially "soon". That's just a bit too naive.

About the proposed morality idea, I'm considering not taking it any further than what it is for a couple reasons. One of the rules state you have to include every franchise/series of game that fits your requirement, in which Fallout definitely does meet the requirements, but I believe it'd fit better in another PP that would suit it more.

About Heavy Rain, I did consider that but there was only few instances (which I'm not going to spoil) where the choices defined a good/bad side of someone. But, I did play it a while ago, so there could be a lot more moral-defining choices that I can't remember xD

With the last quote, I said I somewhat agree :P I agree in the point in which maybe there should be some exceptions of that rule for a big and well known series such as inFAMOUS, Kingdom Hearts etc. that presumably would get sequels/spin-offs, and in the case of KH, that are getting them. With some of the exceptions, it would also be a good way to build hype towards a PP :D For example, anyone could come along now and reserve the idea of Kingdom Hearts, and it would stay in the reserved idea list til the 5th or more unique plat games are released. I agree that you can't expect another game in a series, but some series' definitely don't feel finished yet, such as inFAMOUS :D

About the proposed morality idea, I'm considering not taking it any further than what it is for a couple reasons. One of the rules state you have to include every franchise/series of game that fits your requirement, in which Fallout definitely does meet the requirements, but I believe it'd fit better in another PP that would suit it more.

About Heavy Rain, I did consider that but there was only few instances (which I'm not going to spoil) where the choices defined a good/bad side of someone. But, I did play it a while ago, so there could be a lot more moral-defining choices that I can't remember xD

With the last quote, I said I somewhat agree :P I agree in the point in which maybe there should be some exceptions of that rule for a big and well known series such as inFAMOUS, Kingdom Hearts etc. that presumably would get sequels/spin-offs, and in the case of KH, that are getting them. With some of the exceptions, it would also be a good way to build hype towards a PP :D For example, anyone could come along now and reserve the idea of Kingdom Hearts, and it would stay in the reserved idea list til the 5th or more unique plat games are released. I agree that you can't expect another game in a series, but some series' definitely don't feel finished yet, such as inFAMOUS :D

Further than what it is? I know, which is why I also said what I did about Prototype. 

I played it recently.. it's my most recent platinum. I can say with confidence (and fact) that Heavy Rain is plenty relevant and suitable for your morality thread. So many events in the game that support it as well.. A LOT. So much to the point I'll actually be legit disappointed if it wasn't to be featured in a morality like thread.

Although deep down, I'd want to see Heavy Rain, The Walking Dead, Until Dawn, and more all in the same thread since they are all extremely similar. To see Heavy Rain split from such potential would be a little sad.

Yeah I was just pointing out how I brung this up, in a different way, earlier. Yeah I agree, I was a bit vague though. I assumed the ones that were common sense for getting sequels wouldn't need to be mentioned. However, I was also considering that even IPs that could or would get sequels can take an extremely long time. inFAMOUS for one example.. plenty of devs have "taken breaks" from IPs to work on other ones. Who knows if Sucker Punch's next game would be a new IP first as opposed to a consecutive inFAMOUS installment. Are we really willing to give (a good amount of) time priority over PP thread ideas? We're talking about 2 years AT THE VERY LEAST (mostly) for game sequels that have not been announced (confirmation is different as the time before release is not as long), especially in now-gen where it takes more time and money to make sequels. That's 2 ranging to may'be like 6 years worth of times we'd be reserving threads such as inFAMOUS and others. This is also why I would only agree for this change to apply to only franchises with 4 installments with platinums (if it had to be enforced), otherwise the time will be further increased with franchises needing 2-3 more games to total up to 5.

Edited by Mar

Further than what it is? I know, which is why I also said what I did about Prototype. 

I played it recently.. it's my most recent platinum. I can say with confidence (and fact) that Heavy Rain is plenty relevant and suitable for your morality thread. So many events in the game that support it as well.. A LOT. So much to the point I'll actually be legit disappointed if it wasn't to be featured in a morality like thread.

Although deep down, I'd want to see Heavy Rain, The Walking Dead, Until Dawn, and more all in the same thread since they are all extremely similar. To see Heavy Rain split from such potential would be a little sad.

Yeah I was just pointing out how I brung this up, in a different way, earlier. Yeah I agree, I was a bit vague though. I assumed the ones that were common sense for getting sequels wouldn't need to be mentioned. However, I was also considering that even IPs that could or would get sequels can take an extremely long time. inFAMOUS for one example.. plenty of devs have "taken breaks" from IPs to work on other ones. Who knows if Sucker Punch's next game would be a new IP first as opposed to a consecutive inFAMOUS installment. Are we really willing to give (a good amount of) time priority over PP thread ideas? We're talking about 2 years AT THE VERY LEAST (mostly) for game sequels that have not been announced (confirmation is different as the time before release is not as long), especially in now-gen where it takes more time and money to make sequels. That's 2 ranging to may'be like 6 years worth of times we'd be reserving threads such as inFAMOUS and others. This is also why I would only agree for this change to apply to only franchises with 4 installments with platinums (if it had to be enforced), otherwise the time will be further increased with franchises needing 2-3 more games to total up to 5.

I meant not taking it further than what it is by not making an attempt to put together every suitable game/series for the thread and offer to run it :P

I fully agree with Heavy Rain, it would definitely fit better with the others you mentioned. This is why I'm still only discussing the idea of the thread and not "claiming" it so I don't cause trouble/confusion :P

And your last sentence was exactly what I meant if a series were to be an exception from the rules :)

• Like 1

Just to make it clear, so if i get the highest tier on lets say the Shonen jump PP then I will get 12 points on this leaderboard?

That's how it is.

In SJ case:

God Goku = 12 points to leaderboard

Gomugomu Luffy = 6 points to leaderboard

Kyuubi Naruto = 2 points to leaderboard

Hichigo = 1 point to leaderboard

Achieving the sub-titles does not affect the overall leaderboard.

That's how it is.

In SJ case:

God Goku = 12 points to leaderboard

Gomugomu Luffy = 6 points to leaderboard

Kyuubi Naruto = 2 points to leaderboard

Hichigo = 1 point to leaderboard

Achieving the sub-titles does not affect the overall leaderboard.

Thanks for the clarification.

• Love Live! Vol.2 BiBi

Oh god another one for my importing needs xDDDDD

What kind of name would it have? Moe of moeism? xD

Nope those all have appeared in Dengeki granted KanColle is a stretch as it was a Shimakaze image collection but Love Live! has it's roots from Dengeki and as for Yuuki Yuuna it has it's manga in Dengeki G's, it was even announced not long after Fighting Climax's Japan release that they wanted to add the Love Live! girls to the game due tot hem being Dengeki yet funny still nothing on them being in Ignition.

I'm not sure if this was ever mentioned, but I think this is worth considering. With the Shonen Jump PP, it includes DBZ games. However, there are 5+ DBZ games alone, and a total of what...22 games in the SJ PP alone? And Naruto has 4 games with a good chance at a 5th. I think DBZ should be split off as a separate PP, and add a rule that games that go to the 5+ game requirements and would not leave a PP with less than 5 games, which would be the case with Naruto of it gets a 5th game, even counting DBZ being removed. I just think that it would be a better idea that way. But that's just my opinion. Anyone else feel like this is a good idea?