Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

Zone go ahead and sign me up for the 'hard non-series game' PP - title to be decided later. Lilly is working on his front-line PP for now. I'm only adding games without sequels or spin-offs. Also won't have any racing, fighting, music, or sports games as those all seem likely to get picked up at some point. The goal is to create a home for difficult games that don't really have a home.

I need to finalize the list of games but here's the starting list.

Catherine

Vanquish

Child of Eden

Carnival Island

El Shaddai

SMB

Raiden 4

Mamorukun Curse

Dyad

Max Payne 3

Others to be considered

SoTC

3d dot game heroes

Rogue Legacy

Chariot

Etc.

As I said previously, I'm open to suggestions if anyone wants to chat about it.

Zone go ahead and sign me up for the 'hard non-series game' PP - title to be decided later. Lilly is working on his front-line PP for now. I'm only adding games without sequels or spin-offs. Also won't have any racing, fighting, music, or sports games as those all seem likely to get picked up at some point. The goal is to create a home for difficult games that don't really have a home.

Catherine

Vanquish

Child of Eden

Carnival Island

El Shaddai

SMB

Raiden 4

Mamorukun Curse

Dyad

Max Payne 3

Others to be considered

SoTC

3d dot game heroes

Rogue Legacy

Chariot

Etc.

Is Catherine enough for bronze tier? =D

Is Catherine enough for bronze tier? =D

Probably. I see a lot of people at bronze and silver. This will definitely not be one where I open it up and half the people are already platinum rank. Accordingly the leaderboard points should be doubled. :D

Catherine

Vanquish

Child of Eden

Carnival Island

El Shaddai

SMB

Raiden 4

Mamorukun Curse

Dyad

Max Payne 3

Others to be considered

SoTC

3d dot game heroes

Rogue Legacy

Chariot

Etc.

Looking through the games I've played, most don't meet the criteria due to sequels or belonging in other possible PP's. The one possible suggestion I can think of is The Evil Within. It doesn't have a sequel and has a 8.5 difficulty ranking on PS3T.org. Now, there might be some debate if it's really that hard and personally I wouldn't rank it in the handful of toughest games or anything, but there are some maddening parts.

Edited by MStalker58

Catherine

Vanquish

Child of Eden

Carnival Island

El Shaddai

SMB

Raiden 4

Mamorukun Curse

Dyad

Max Payne 3

Others to be considered

SoTC

3d dot game heroes

Rogue Legacy

Chariot

Etc.

SotC is must have in this list ... so i reach atleast bronze :o

Catherine

Vanquish

Child of Eden

Carnival Island

El Shaddai

SMB

Raiden 4

Mamorukun Curse

Dyad

Max Payne 3

Others to be considered

SoTC

3d dot game heroes

Rogue Legacy

Chariot

Etc.

Wouldn't Raiden 4 and Mamorukun Curse fit better into a shmup/bullet hell category with Astebreed, Caladrius Blaze, and Ketsui?

Wouldn't Raiden 4 and Mamorukun Curse fit better into a shmup/bullet hell category with Astebreed, Caladrius Blaze, and Ketsui?

Probably, but since no one has mentioned anything like that and they aren't in a series I figured they both definitely fit here. Also I believe genre PPs are somewhat discouraged. As I've said, this list is flexible so I'd something fits better in another thread I'm fine with that.

The one possible suggestion I can think of is The Evil Within.

Good suggestion, I figure that someone will want it for a RE/SH/DS 3rd person horror PP which is why it wasn't originally on there. Edited by Hemiak

Probably, but since no one has mentioned anything like that and they aren't in a series I figured they both definitely fit here. Also I believe genre PPs are somewhat discouraged. As I've said, this list is flexible so I'd something fits better in another thread I'm fine with that.

I understand why genre PP's are discouraged, but you're also talking a genre with less than 10 plats currently (at least from what I can tell from research, and not counting games like pixeljunk). Oh well, I'll just see what others suggest.

Edited by bladesoframen

Good suggestion, I figure that someone will want it for a RE/SH/DS 3rd person horror PP which is why it wasn't originally on there.

True, it fits in perfectly with those games and that PP idea. I guess it depends if someone makes that PP or if those franchises are used individually first. Resident Evil has enough games for it's own PP and someone has already mentioned it earlier in the thread. Dead Space and Silent Hill both have 4 games I believe so I guess they could get their own whenever a 5th game is released. Who knows how long that will be though especially with Silent Hill. If those are used individually then The Evil Within would be by itself and not have a home. Either way, just a suggestion but probably best to wait and see if someone else uses it like you said. Not like it's a must have on the hard PP anyways. Looking forward to this one when it finally gets created.

thats why both of them are in the " not sure" part  ;)  until  this idea get up in the line , some time will pass , and we will see if there is an interest in Gundam PP (maybe with transformers together) .

DQ in shounen jump ... hm im not sure if this is more fitting than DW category. but we will see.

Please let me know when you decide whether to include DQ in your PP. I just looked over the game, and it meets all the requirements for being in Shonen Jump. I'm fine with you having it, but I'm going to add it in if you don't.

Please let me know when you decide whether to include DQ in your PP. I just looked over the game, and it meets all the requirements for being in Shonen Jump. I'm fine with you having it, but I'm going to add it in if you don't.

i have played it for 7 h today , and even if it is DW style , it fits more into your jump thread. so you can take it.   im sure not every DW fan wants to play DQ heros , but im sure that almost all jump fans want to play it :) .

BTW i love the game !!!

• Like 1

Catherine

Vanquish

Child of Eden

Carnival Island

El Shaddai

SMB

Raiden 4

Mamorukun Curse

Dyad

Max Payne 3

Others to be considered

SoTC

3d dot game heroes

Rogue Legacy

Chariot

Etc.

I looked through the UR platinum section and there are a few others who you might be considering;

• Binding of Isaac (PST.org guide - 9/10 without seeds // 5/10 with seeds)
  • Everybody's golf (PST.org guide - 8/10 // Not sure if this has other spin offs though // I know it's a "sports" game but its pretty known for being hard too)
  • Geometry wars 3 (No PST.org guide)
  • BattleFantasia (PST.org guide - 9.5/10)
  • TIme Crisis (PST.org guide - 8/10 // Has one other PSN game in its franchise though. Also not sure if Lilly wants to use this in his Front Line PP)
  • Surgeon Simulator & I Am Bread (Don't think these games need an introduction) 

I added your PP to the OP btw. You should really think of a catchy name ;)

*snip*

Added your DW thread to the list too (list for the future)

Edited by Zone Hunter
  • Like 2

*snip

Thanks for the add and the suggestions.

+ = def

- = considering

x = no

-Binding of Isaac - def worth considering, though the SEED abuse trick... Hmmm

xEverybody's Golf - EG & EG6 are out and EG7 hits next year

+Geometry wars 3 - for some reason thought there was a GW1 + 2, I'll Take it until somebody starts a shmup one :D

xBattleFantasia - fighting game, not that they aren't hard, I just wanted to put some limits on the PP or it could get seriously out of hand.

-TIme Crisis - I saw that it had a spin off which is why it wasn't on there for starters, but the other game doesn't have a plat so might work. Of course I'm not in live with the hundreds of hours online required.

+Surgeon Simulator - meant to add, just forgot

+I Am Bread - completely forgot this game

Hmmm, maybe I need to add a <10 hrs online requirement, or no online at all.

Edit:  I think I'll tentatively call it 'Challenge Accepted!'

Edited by Hemiak

Vanquish

Yay Vanquish is in it too, now I have at least a bronze ranking :dance:. Hoping to add Catherine to my collection too.

Probably. I see a lot of people at bronze and silver. This will definitely not be one where I open it up and half the people are already platinum rank. Accordingly the leaderboard points should be doubled. :D

Why do I suddenly get the feeling you're refering to the PP R&C :P?

• Like 1

Yay Vanquish is in it too, now I have at least a bronze ranking :dance:. Hoping to add Catherine to my collection too.

Why do I suddenly get the feeling you're refering to the PP R&C :P?

lol, it was not a derogatory comment at all. There are people who love HDN and have all the plats. Same with R&C, GoW, etc. I'm not criticizing any of these ideas at all. I just hope this motivates people to attempt some games that maybe they were hesitant to try out, or maybe hadn't even heard of.

As to your first comment I see that a lot. A lot of people go after at least one 'harder' game and are proud if it. This would be a chance to show it off. There's also a variety of genres in this one which I'm hoping will appeal to a range of people.

Edited by Hemiak

lol, it's not a derogatory comment at all. There are people who love HDN and have all the plats. Same with R&C, GoW, etc. I'm not criticizing any of these ideas at all. I just hope this motivates people to attempt some of these games that maybe they were hesitant to try out.

Ok :D. I've been wanting to try out 3D Dot Game Heroes and Rogue Legacy. This event seems like the perfect excuse to do that.

• Like 1

As to your first comment I see that a lot. A lot of people go after at least one 'harder' game and are proud if it. This would be a chance to show it off. There's also a variety of genres in this one which I'm hoping will appeal to a range of people.

I kind of feel left out now, since the couple hard ones i've done aren't listed in your PP's games list :( I guess i'll have to suck it up and finish off one of those you actually do have in your list :P

Zone, mind including a link to my list of games on the OP :)? I listed them here (though I'll edit it a bit later on to add the 30th AE version of BTTF as an alternative and to include Goosebumps).

Updated. I actually made a post a few pages back asking for an updated list but i guess nobody really read that :P

Edited by Zone Hunter

I kind of feel left out now, since the couple hard ones i've done aren't listed in your PP's games list :( I guess i'll have to suck it up and finish off one of those you actually do have in your list :P

Updated. I actually made a post a few pages back asking for an updated list but i guess nobody really read that :P

Must have missed that then *_* Thank you for updating the OP in any case ^^

• Like 1

If you want the list of games for Dengeki well:

• Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
  • Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition - not released until December for Japan
  • SAO: Hollow Fragment
  • SAO Re: Hollow Fragment
  • SAO: Lost Song
  • Accel World: Awakening of the Silver Wings
  • Accel World: The Peak of Acceleration
  • Ro-Kyu-Bu! Secret Photo Opportunity
  • Oreimo: Happy End
  • Durarara!! 3way Standoff -alley- V
  • Durarara!! Relay
  • Golden Time: Vivid Memories
  • The Irregular at Magic High School: Out Of Order
  • The Pet-Girl of Sakurasou
  • Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls - not released until November for Japan
  • Love Live! School Idol Paradise Vol.1 Printemps
  • Love Live! School Idol Paradise Vol.2 BiBi
  • Love Live! School Idol Paradise Vol.3 lily white
  • Yuki Yuna is a Hero: Memories of the Tree Sea
  • SAO: Hollow Realization - 2016 Japanese release
  • Kantai Collection - February 2016(I am beginning to doubt this will release...)

Removed all the Neptune games except for Sega Hard Girls as was agreed upon earlier in the thread and tried using all the series known English names just to make it easier for listing here for now.

Edited by Kochiya Shana

Challenge Accepted! - PS3

AkA: Hemiak's Home for Hard PS3 Platinums (That nobody else wanted)

There will two other threads put up. One for ps4 games, and one for Vita/multi-platform games. They will all have the same requirements.

Updated list. - 12 games

(7.71) 3D Dot Game Heroes (36-50 hours)

(8.18) Shadow of the Colossus (36-50 hours)

(8.23) Mirror's Edge (26-35 hours)

(8.61) Child of Eden (15-25 hours)

(8.74) Dyad (16-20 hours)

(8.84) Catherine (36-50 hours)

(8.90) Vanquish (36-50 hours)

(8.29) Carnival Island (20-30 hours)

(8.69) Battle Fantasia (26-35 hours)

(8.79) El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron (35-50)

(8.84) Mamorukun Curse! (20-40 hours)

(9.16) Wipeout HD (36-50 hours)

QUALIFICATIONS

- All games are ps3 exclusive.

-No series with 3(+) games (I don't want to take something that will potentially get it's own PP thread)

-ALL games from a series MUST qualify independently.

-If a game from the list gets a sequel, the new game is judged on it's own merits.The game will be "pending" for 1-3 months until the difficulty/time is confirmed. If it qualifies great, if not then all games from that series are removed.

-Games must have < 55 hrs avg. estimated plat time

-Games must have 7.5(+) mean score here:

PS3 platinum difficulty thread

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 4

If you want the list of games for Dengeki well:

• Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
  • Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition - not released until December for Japan
  • SAO: Hollow Fragment
  • SAO Re: Hollow Fragment
  • SAO: Lost Song
  • Accel World: Awakening of the Silver Wings
  • Accel World: The Peak of Acceleration
  • Ro-Kyu-Bu! Secret Photo Opportunity
  • Oreimo: Happy End
  • Durarara!! 3way Standoff -alley- V
  • Durarara!! Relay
  • Golden Time: Vivid Memories
  • The Irregular at Magic High School: Out Of Order
  • The Pet-Girl of Sakurasou
  • Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls - not released until November for Japan
  • Love Live! School Idol Paradise Vol.1 Printemps
  • Love Live! School Idol Paradise Vol.2 BiBi
  • Love Live! School Idol Paradise Vol.3 lily white
  • Yuki Yuna is a Hero: Memories of the Tree Sea
  • SAO: Hollow Realization - 2016 Japanese release

Removed all the Neptune games except for Sega Hard Girls as was agreed upon earlier in the thread and tried using all the series known English names just to make it easier for listing here for now.

Ugh, this is gonna take a while xD

Also... Shattaa/Shutter Chansu/Chance >>> The "translation"

Ugh, this is gonna take a while xD

Also... Shattaa/Shutter Chansu/Chance >>> The "translation"

I looked for official translations so these were more "official" and yeah I don't understand it either but best to use official rather than my own.

I know there was another official translation that bugged me recently but I'll need to find it and that's ignoring the Neptune series "translations" if you want to call them that.

EDIT:

Well if I break the tiers into percents it'll take 5 for the lowest but that is when all are released be interesting to see somebody get this platinum tiered all I can say is I have decided on the characters for the 5 trophy images (1, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%) and you should like who is for just having a lone platinum.

Damn it I forgot a title, added that too...

Edited by Kochiya Shana

We'll call the Wipeout games spiritual members of my list .There are a ton of hard racing games, and like I've said before, I needed to set some limits to keep it manageable.  This goes for anybody with a badass fighting plat or a ridiculously difficult music plat as well, your achievements are recognized. :highfive:

Updated list - 17 games (I will probably drop the shmup-ish ones (last 3) to keep it more manageable)

Catherine

Vanquish

Max Payne 3

SoTC

3d dot game heroes

El Shaddai

Rogue Legacy

I am Bread!

SMB

Chariot

Dyad

Child of Eden

Carnival Island

Surgeon Simulator

Geometry Wars 3

Raiden 4

Mamorukun Curse

You could add Binding of Isaac, even with seeds the callenges are still really hard and collecting all itmes still takes like forever. And most people play without seeds anyway.

Oh and how about Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz this one is also really hard.

Edited by HcG Clawz