Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

I'm not sure if this was ever mentioned, but I think this is worth considering. With the Shonen Jump PP, it includes DBZ games. However, there are 5+ DBZ games alone, and a total of what...22 games in the SJ PP alone? And Naruto has 4 games with a good chance at a 5th. I think DBZ should be split off as a separate PP, and add a rule that games that go to the 5+ game requirements and would not leave a PP with less than 5 games, which would be the case with Naruto of it gets a 5th game, even counting DBZ being removed. I just think that it would be a better idea that way. But that's just my opinion. Anyone else feel like this is a good idea?

That has all been discussed already regarding DBZ's platinum count and Naruto's soon to be 5th platinum making that PP the sole exception to the rule at current.

Nope those all have appeared in Dengeki granted KanColle is a stretch as it was a Shimakaze image collection but Love Live! has it's roots from Dengeki and as for Yuuki Yuuna it has it's manga in Dengeki G's, it was even announced not long after Fighting Climax's Japan release that they wanted to add the Love Live! girls to the game due tot hem being Dengeki yet funny still nothing on them being in Ignition.

Oh, so you are adding it to the Dengeki? =)

Oh, so you are adding it to the Dengeki? =)

Will have to due to the rule of having all that fit the criteria and of those I can say the Love Live! and Yuuki Yuuna titles are very import friendly so for those joining it they shouldn't have any problems at all with those, Love Live! being Project Diva easy mode and Yuuki Yuuna being a very simple action game. KanColle on the other hand might be tough thanks to the evil RNG Gods and Demons...

Will have to due to the rule of having all that fit the criteria and of those I can say the Love Live! and Yuuki Yuuna titles are very import friendly so for those joining it they shouldn't have any problems at all with those, Love Live! being Project Diva easy mode and Yuuki Yuuna being a very simple action game. KanColle on the other hand might be tough thanks to the evil RNG Gods and Demons...

You really want to have Platinum tier as tough as possible xDDD

That has all been discussed already regarding DBZ's platinum count and Naruto's soon to be 5th platinum making that PP the sole exception to the rule at current.

I couldn't find that anywhere. It's hard to read things on my phone. Sorry about that.

You really want to have Platinum tier as tough as possible xDDD

It'll just be something to work towards, difficulty-wise it isn't overly bad actually as "some" titles do have guides on the internet but whether they're in English or not is a different story although I can help with a fair few titles.

I couldn't find that anywhere. It's hard to read things on my phone. Sorry about that.

No problem just thought I'd tell you all that was kind of sorted with Jump and it's platinums.

The leaderboard has been officially posted in the OP! A lot of work has gone into that, so i'd like to thank all of the PP creators who helped to make it a succes! 

I have also made a special post for the current Top 5. I was going to add their gamercards as well by posting the forum code of my PSNP Card and changing the names to the respective user. But for some reason PSNP wouldn't let me post other people's Trophy cards.  :hmm:

I might make it a Top 10 down the line but currently there are a lot of people with the same score :D 

• Like 4

Ooo, sasuga me =D Better not give out my place easily xDDD

But damn, big props to you for making such a long list, you're gonna have some work in the future =D

Also... it seems to be working for me? (just the pictures, not the link yet)

Dragon-Archon.png

Boooda56.png

S4V463_F0XH0UND.png (also, now I kinda know why Shii-chan does not use the trophy card since the PSN name overlaps =D)
zadorvp.png

Also, here's yours to show that the old ones also work.
xZoneHunter.png

In any case, you should be able to just copy the card from the signature and paste it into the post and it copies the link as well.

(Copy and paste here:)
SatoshiOokami.png
Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

*snip*

You can't copy past trophy cards and make them link instantly to their forum profile, you either write the BBCode or post the image and link it manually.

But yeah, i wanted to do it the easy way (BBCode), but i guess i'll just have to do it the hard way then :| Anyway updated with trophy cards ~ Looks a lot better now ^^

Edited by Zone Hunter

The rules and stuff are looking solid thus far ;) Looking good ;)

@Skyesunholy. Yeah going to drop my secondary ideas for the PP I was thinking about. However, sadly, you still can't use inFAMOUS since its due for a 5th game at some point. If I could use inFAMOUS, I'd actually probably drop my original PP that's listed.

Edited by Mar

While I do agree that LL and Dengeki are highly tied (I have a subscription to Dengeki G's magazine and watch the LL articles/paraphernalia come in every month), with how big the franchise has gotten, it is pretty easy to imagine u's getting more games and/or Aquors getting games of their own in the not too distant future, bringing them over the 5 game mark.

While I do agree that LL and Dengeki are highly tied (I have a subscription to Dengeki G's magazine and watch the LL articles/paraphernalia come in every month), with how big the franchise has gotten, it is pretty easy to imagine u's getting more games and/or Aquors getting games of their own in the not too distant future, bringing them over the 5 game mark.

iDOLM@STER is far more likely to get a new game(ignoring the Gravure titles) before Love Live! and I would expect most Love Live! stuff will likely be mobile excluding music obviously especially since the 1st 3 games and only 3 games have had no hinting of any sort of follow up as of yet and the games released August 2014 so I'd say they're safe for the Dengeki PP. 

Besides using this logic SAO and possibly Accel World would be removed as they look likely to get more games now due to movie and new seasons being announced even though at current SAO is 3 titles with a 4th coming and Accel World is at 2 with possible season tie-ins when it airs or shortly after.

1. I see a PP Disgaea on the PP thread idea list, why is that? I wanted to do a PP for Disgaea but since the rules stated there needed to be 5 unique games with a platinum and Disgaea only has 4 unique games with a plat  so I didn't make an official request for it dod

I could always make you the Prinny Army Leader dood.

About Disgaea. I allowed it since the games are grindy and require a decent amount of hours to complete them as compensation for being one game short. Although since i rewrote my rules and decided to be a bit more strict in following them, i sent them a message about including the Disgaea Vita remakes so it somewhat fits the 5 unique games rule. I'm still discussing it with BlueFlare & YaoiGod (which weren't so keen on including the vita games) so at this point it is still unsure if there will be one. 

I'm a tad bit confused as to what you're saying. We we're going to include the Vita versions of 3 and 4 just not make it mandatory to plat both the PS3 and Vita versions of each game to qualify for the top spot. For example, wdjat has the platinum for A Promise Unforgotten (The PS3 version); That would count as his plat for Disgaea 4 and he would not need to plat A Promise Revisited (Vita) to qualify for the top spot since the 2 are mostly the same game. Same thing goes for Disgaea 3: I have the plat for Absence of Detention (Vita) so I wouldn't need to plat Absence of Justice (PS3) for the top spot.

We should abolish the unwritten "no remake" rule, anyway.

Considering almost all our threads have Vita remakes included in them (Neps have Rebirths, Atelier has Plus versions, MGS has Solid 2 and 3 + Ground Zeroes (PS3 + PS4 versions) only R&C has exchangeable (that reminds me, you should fix the link so it links to the first post, rather than to a random post in the thread)) maybe you should specify that unique equals unique in terms of trophy list, not in terms of content/name.

I'm completely against the idea of stacking multiple versions in order to qualify for the top spot. This is why PP Atelier and MGS are pretty outlandish, imo. The Atelier games actually have no difference between the Plus and original versions; The Plus versions only include all the DLC the original games had. The Plus versions are basically like GOTY editions, but they're on the Vita. Telling people they don't qualify for :platinum: Full Metal Alchemist because they didn't play the exact same game with all the DLC not included is pretty ridiculous.

I don't like the idea of MGS either for mostly the same reason. Some have argued to me that Project Platinum is only for the hardcore fans of the franchise but measuring how much you love a franchise based only off of the amount of platinums you have for it is just BS. With that kind of logic, What's stopping PP MGS from being only limited to PlayStation platforms? It should include the Xbox 360 versions of the HD Collection and Rising: Revengeance as well as the Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions of Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain as well. It sounds just as fair since the rules say you should be earning every trophy, regardless of what platform it's on. In my personal opinion, It's no different than trophy lists for different regions.

Hyperdimension Neptunia is the only one I'd give a pass to since the re;birth games are actually different form their original PS3 counterparts. Even going as far as altering the story and overhauling the battle system.

I'm unsure if Project Platinum Disgaea will come to fruition. Zone Hunter gave us the go since things got complicated and he got tired from rewriting his own rules, but I'm afraid YaoiGod and I will just get shut down from fellow members for not including "all of the games." Since Disgaea 6 will very likely exist, I'm wondering if I should just put the whole thing on hold until it comes out. That way the series would qualify for the 5 unique games rule.

• Like 3

iDOLM@STER is far more likely to get a new game(ignoring the Gravure titles) before Love Live! and I would expect most Love Live! stuff will likely be mobile excluding music obviously especially since the 1st 3 games and only 3 games have had no hinting of any sort of follow up as of yet and the games released August 2014 so I'd say they're safe for the Dengeki PP. 

Besides using this logic SAO and possibly Accel World would be removed as they look likely to get more games now due to movie and new seasons being announced even though at current SAO is 3 titles with a 4th coming and Accel World is at 2 with possible season tie-ins when it airs or shortly after.

I actually doubt LL will make take many more mobile games because there is no reason to infringe on the still popular SIF. IM@S is getting 2 taiko games this winter, so not really a point for comparison.

Personally, I would remove SAO from the list because it is so incredibly likely to get a 5th game (Accel world will need to get way more popular to get all the way to 5 games from the 2 it currently has)

I'm a tad bit confused as to what you're saying. We we're going to include the Vita versions of 3 and 4 just not make it mandatory to plat both the PS3 and Vita versions of each game to qualify for the top spot. For example, wdjat has the platinum for A Promise Unforgotten (The PS3 version); That would count as his plat for Disgaea 4 and he would not need to plat A Promise Revisited (Vita) to qualify for the top spot since the 2 are mostly the same game. Same thing goes for Disgaea 3: I have the plat for Absence of Detention (Vita) so I wouldn't need to plat Absence of Justice (PS3) for the top spot.

I'm completely against the idea of stacking multiple versions in order to qualify for the top spot. This is why PP Atelier and MGS are pretty outlandish, imo. The Atelier games actually have no difference between the Plus and original versions; The Plus versions only include all the DLC the original games had. The Plus versions are basically like GOTY editions, but they're on the Vita. Telling people they don't qualify for :platinum: Full Metal Alchemist because they didn't play the exact same game with all the DLC not included is pretty ridiculous.

I don't like the idea of MGS either for mostly the same reason. Some have argued to me that Project Platinum is only for the hardcore fans of the franchise but measuring how much you love a franchise based only off of the amount of platinums you have for it is just BS. With that kind of logic, What's stopping PP MGS from being only limited to PlayStation platforms? It should include the Xbox 360 versions of the HD Collection and Rising: Revengeance as well as the Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions of Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain as well. It sounds just as fair since the rules say you should be earning every trophy, regardless of what platform it's on. In my personal opinion, It's no different than trophy lists for different regions.

Hyperdimension Neptunia is the only one I'd give a pass to since the re;birth games are actually different form their original PS3 counterparts. Even going as far as altering the story and overhauling the battle system.

I'm unsure if Project Platinum Disgaea will come to fruition. Zone Hunter gave us the go since things got complicated and he got tired from rewriting his own rules, but I'm afraid YaoiGod and I will just get shut down from fellow members for not including "all of the games." Since Disgaea 6 will very likely exist, I'm wondering if I should just put the whole thing on hold until it comes out. That way the series would qualify for the 5 unique games rule.

Haha its all good man, I also agree with your stance on stacks in PPs. Granted I plan on doing some stacks, like the vita versions of Disgaea, but I agree they shouldn't be needed for top spots in them though dood

• Like 1

Personally, I would remove SAO from the list because it is so incredibly likely to get a 5th game (Accel world will need to get way more popular to get all the way to 5 games from the 2 it currently has)

Hey! Don't destroy my chance at at least silver rank xD

It's Alchemy Sage now :awesome:

Also, Plus version have some ultra OP bosses and other thingies in terms of trophies :awesome:

And... shouldn't we support Vita-tan? :awesome:

Anyway... back to business.

You definitely make a good point... If we don't make a rule and leave it up to the PP creators, the PPs that do not include stacking will have a slight advantage to those where stacking is included... 

I suppose we should make another poll?

Also, in case the switchable rule gets enforced, do you want to apply it to the already made threads? (With the exception of Neps)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Why it is limited to Playstation platforms , hmm maybe because we here in a trophy-playstation forum? I dont get why you think that reaching all possible plats is BS .  You want to reach the top with less effort? thats fine . But saying something like " i dont want to play a game more than once but i want to be on top" is not the goal here. It is a event for FUN , you dont have to reach the top.

Dont get me wrong , i created my thread befor we were talking about a PP leaderbord. Me and Zone hunter were not thinking about connecting all PP´s at this point .  Now with all new rules and so i would creat my PP little bit different.

But everyone  is free to include remakes or not. It is your event, the rules are here to make it less chaotic and fair for everyone. 

And participants dont have to participate on every PP. It is all for fun and motivation to clear backlog or full series :)

Maybe putting the Disgaea PP thread on hold until at least Disgaea 6 has been announced is the best thing to do.

As for stackable platinums, i really don't want to make anymore changes. I think letting the PP creators decide whether or not they want to include them in order for someone to reach top tier, is the best thing to do. There are already so many rules in place, this at least i want to give to the PP creators to decide.

• Like 2

Why it is limited to Playstation platforms , hmm maybe because we here in a trophy-playstation forum? I dont get why you think that reaching all possible plats is BS .  You want to reach the top with less effort? thats fine . But saying something like " i dont want to play a game more than once but i want to be on top" is not the goal here. It is a event for FUN , you dont have to reach the top.

Yes, we are a trophy related PlayStation forum, but that doesn't mean everyone here owns a PS3, PS4 and a Vita.  So many people are without Vitas and others have jumped ship from Xbox from last gen and joined the PS community with the PS4. Reaching all possible plats isn't BS, but telling people to do the exact same thing just with a different controller in your hand is in my opinion, BS. "I don't want to play a game more than once but I want to be on top" is pretty contradictory to because people who do manage to earn the Foxhound badge in that thread could say the exact same thing they're only playing the multiple versions to get more points. Thus, you create a category that only people with all PS systems can achieve. Yes, this event is for fun, but we have a leaderboard for this thing now. I think it's okay to be a little bit competitive.

Let's not forget that your thread was created after MGSV came out. Lots of members already own the PS4 version of the game. Saying you don't qualify for the Foxhound badge because you chose not to play the much more inferior PS3 version of the game... I just don't understand that... They're the exact same game to; both content and trophy wise. In my opinion, that is no different than trophy lists for different regions of the same game.

I won't tell you to change your rules, but I 100% wholeheartedly disagree with how you're running it.

Maybe putting the Disgaea PP thread on hold until at least Disgaea 6 has been announced is the best thing to do.

As for stackable platinums, i really don't want to make anymore changes. I think letting the PP creators decide whether or not they want to include them in order for someone to reach top tier, is the best thing to do. There are already so many rules in place, this at least i want to give to the PP creators to decide.

I suppose I can abide to that rule. If you don't find it unfair, I would like the rights to the PP Disgaea thread to be reserved to myself and YaoiGod until then. I don't want someone coming in and including all versions of the game just so they can get dibs on the thread first.

• Like 1

I suppose I can abide to that rule. If you don't find it unfair, I would like the rights to the PP Disgaea thread to be reserved to myself and YaoiGod until then. I don't want someone coming in and including all versions of the game just so they can get dibs on the thread first.

Yep added an extra Section to the OP

If someone would want to reserve an inFAMOUS PP thread/Uncharted or any other soon-to-be-5-game franchise, you can reserve them now.

• Like 1

Yes, we are a trophy related PlayStation forum, but that doesn't mean everyone here owns a PS3, PS4 and a Vita.  So many people are without Vitas and others have jumped ship from Xbox from last gen and joined the PS community with the PS4. Reaching all possible plats isn't BS, but telling people to do the exact same thing just with a different controller in your hand is in my opinion, BS. "I don't want to play a game more than once but I want to be on top" is pretty contradictory to because people who do manage to earn the Foxhound badge in that thread could say the exact same thing they're only playing the multiple versions to get more points. Thus, you create a category that only people with all PS systems can achieve. Yes, this event is for fun, but we have a leaderboard for this thing now. I think it's okay to be a little bit competitive.

Let's not forget that your thread was created after MGSV came out. Lots of members already own the PS4 version of the game. Saying you don't qualify for the Foxhound badge because you chose not to play the much more inferior PS3 version of the game... I just don't understand that... They're the exact same game to; both content and trophy wise. In my opinion, that is no different than trophy lists for different regions of the same game.

I won't tell you to change your rules, but I 100% wholeheartedly disagree with how you're running it.

Maybe you didnt saw the emblem to get Plat on every unique game , regardless of the Platform to earn a Gold status? you dont need foxhound to reach gold. So it is fair for everyone who wants high points for leaderboard.  maybe you should check the facts befor criticising it. 

It is different to same lists from other regions. because importing a game from other countries is not an option for everyone.

You dont have to agree with my PP , its fine , and you dont have to participate in MGS PP if you dont like it.  But keep it down with calling something BS only because you dont agree with it. i respect you with your opinion , so would be nice if you show little bit respect too.

*snippity snip snip*

Quoting you for the reason below

I know that Mar is a huge fan on the inFAMOUS series so maybe Mar can have that reserved til it comes out. Also, even though Mar said that they would drop the Sonic PP, I don't think that would be necessary as an inFAMOUS sequel/spin-off won't be released for a while now

• Like 1

I think doing something like Xion did with the various badges is cool to reward people who play every single version of a game but the platinum award should be for completing every distinct game.

I don't mind games like HDN and HDN:re1 since it got a huge overhaul, but i don't agree with requiring a remastered version, or the exact same version on another console.

I hear people say that "a true fan would have the plat on every console", but I don't agree with that. I have several series that I love, and I'll play them over and over , on the same console, without needing to get the exact same trophies again.

Just to make things clear. I have no intention of starting a PP at any point in the foreseeable future. I feel like there have been a lot of great suggestions, some good ones, and a few not-so-good ones. I don't think every single viable option needs to be snatched up and taken within the first two weeks of this thing. It seems like the type of community event that could really stick around for a long time, there's no need to force an idea just to get in on the action.

• Like 3