Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

At the moment - Excluding the MW series - I've got down these games for the Modernized Warfare Pick'n'mix

• Hawx
  • Hawx 2
  • Endwar
  • Alpha Protocol
  • Army of Two: The Cartel (40th day is unobtainable so cannot be added)
  • CS:GO (US Exclusive - May have to drop)
  • Heavy Fire Afghanistan
  • Heavy Fire Shattered Spear
  • Mercenaries 2

Guaranteed I've probably missed a few, but this is a general concept of the games that'd be added

I agree that Modern Warfare should only be allowed in a CoD PP. It won't be a complete PP if your missing the first major CoD series. Its the series that gave CoD new life after being stale with CoDs 1-3.

I agree with you although i dont think CoD 2 was bad, i personally had the most fun playing that game with MW2 coming on a close 2nd place.

But then again i used to be one of those cod fanboys with probably over 3000 hours spent in just cod

At the moment - Excluding the MW series - I've got down these games for the Modernized Warfare Pick'n'mix

• Hawx
  • Hawx 2
  • Endwar
  • Alpha Protocol
  • Heavy Fire Afghanistan
  • Mercenaries 2

Guaranteed I've probably missed a few, but this is a general concept of the games that'd be added

People can just buy it on the US store for about 10 dollar or something so i think you could just keep it in.

With that said, im now thinking about doing Sonic - 5 franchise PP. I didn't want to think the Ultimate Genesis Collection counted, but TECHNICALLY it's stilled name after Sonic and has a lot of his classic games in it.

I'm not sure if Sonic UGC should be counted as a Sonic game seeing how in EU it's called SEGA MEGA DRIVE Ultimate Collection. Its more a collection of Sega games than a Sonic collection. Im willing to bet they just put the Sonic name to drive more sales here.

People can just buy it on the US store for about 10 dollar or something so i think you could just keep it in.

This is what I was thinking of, however all competitors would have to have access to a US alt to be able to do it and - I know it sounds stupid - but I don't want to end up forcing someone who isn't US local to create an alt just for a single game towards a 100% PP

Edited by Lillybuk

This is what I was thinking of, however all competitors would have to have access to a US alt to be able to do it and - I know it sounds stupid - but I don't want to end up forcing someone who isn't US local to create an alt just for a single game towards a 100% PP

Hmm well i think a lot of people have a US Alt acc anyway because of the awesome sales they have. 

Yhea in my opinion the Modern Warfare series should be with the COD PP if there will be one.

I wouldnt mind making a COD PP, but i dont really want to do it on my own. So if anyone is interested to do it together i'd be up for it.

I'll be down to help you with suggests on ranks, rules, and anything else you would need a second opinion on.

Seeing as I'm two games way from completing the franchise itself. I think I know my stuff. :P

• Like 1

1) Basically i'll leave it up to the PP creators if they want to add them or not. PP Atelier and HDN added the remakes while PP R&C didn't include the vita ports. Whether remasters/ports/remakes can be seen as an "unique games' list" in order to reach the 5 unique list quota is different for each game. It'll probably depend on how different from the original it actually is. 

2) It depends on the franchise really. If someone would want to make a Mixed Bag PP with the Uncharted games in it for example (which has now 4 games with a platinum, excluding the remasters) i will probably say no since Uncharted 4 will be coming out in a few months making the franchise eligible for its own PP.

3) Jem's thread has priority. He will just add the new games to his thread and increase the category requirements if necessary. Disbanding Mixed Bag PP threads and setting new Franchise PP threads will make everything only more confusing.

1. Ok so.. remasters and ports still count as the same game. Having Drake's Fortune PS3 and PS4 in a PP thread will not count them as 2 separate games, right? Otherwise, this could be exploited to give franchises that don't have 5 different installments a 5 franchise dedicated PP such as even Jak and Daxter with the Vita ports, totaling 6 games all together. (This could easily be fixed via a new rule being added, but since there is no rule yet, I get to ask this question xD.)

Ill also assume ports and remastered will be treated the same as they deserve to be, since they're mostly the same game with just better graphics? (Little differences between em like one having an exclusive character or game-mode should be irrelevant.)

2. Ok so basically, you're using the confirmation of UC4 to your advantage to not allow someone to make a thread that includes the Uncharted games? So as long as another installment (in this case the 5th game with a platinum) is not confirmed in a franchise, it's ok for someone to use it.. such as inFAMOUS' series? Regardless of it was obvious that a (5th) sequel was on its way, you would still allow someone to make a thread that uses inFAMOUS' games since no sequel was technically confirmed, right?

Damn, realizing this gives me an idea for a different and incomplete new PP thread...

3. Ok so yeah like I thought. If the thread is already in place, some rules will have to be pre-broken(?)... Like the case with Jei's thread since Storm 4, the 5th game with trophies, is confirmed and coming out next year.

Well the vita ones aren't really unique since they are just ports with the dlc added, basically like "GOTY" editions of Disgaea (although I'll definitely be doing the vita ones as well)

Now as for Batman I wanted to do it with the Batman Arkham games which there are 5 unique ones but I was wondering if I would have to do a PP with all Batman games meaning I need to include Lego Batman games or would those be part of a Lego PP dood?

Considering that you are calling it Batman Arkham, I don't you would need to add the Lego Batman seeing as they are not Arkham games. Now if you just called your PP "Batman" then you would have to consider the Lego games and many other suggestions people may have like: Injustice.

1. Ok so.. remasters and ports still count as the same game. Having Drake's Fortune PS3 and PS4 in a PP thread will not count them as 2 separate games, right? Otherwise, this could be exploited to give franchises that don't have 5 different installments a 5 franchise dedicated PP such as even Jak and Daxter with the Vita ports, totaling 6 games all together. (This could easily be fixed via a new rule being added, but since there is no rule yet, I get to ask this question xD.)

Ill also assume ports and remastered will be treated the same as they deserve to be, since they're mostly the same game with just better graphics? (Little differences between em like one having an exclusive character or game-mode should be irrelevant.)

2. Ok so basically, you're using the confirmation of UC4 to your advantage to not allow someone to make a thread that includes the Uncharted games? So as long as another installment (in this case the 5th game with a platinum) is not confirmed in a franchise, it's ok for someone to use it.. such as inFAMOUS' series? Regardless of it was obvious that a (5th) sequel was on its way, you would still allow someone to make a thread that uses inFAMOUS' games since no sequel was technically confirmed, right?

Damn, realizing this gives me an idea for a different and incomplete new PP thread...

3. Ok so yeah like I thought. If the thread is already in place, some rules will have to be pre-broken(?)... Like the case with Jei's thread since Storm 4, the 5th game with trophies, is confirmed and coming out next year.

1) I won't include it as a rule since i already stated the games have to be unique. Whether a port/remaster/remake is being considered as unique depends on the game itself. 

2) Pretty much. I think it's okay to use inFAMOUS in a mixed bag pp thread since it only has 4 unique plattable games (IIRC) and there has been no word of a fifth game as of yet. 

3) Although Jem's thread remains in a somewhat grey area (due to the rules changing) you are correct yes.

Hopefully all your concerns/questions have been answered now :D

--------------------------------

To be honest when i first started this thread i didn't think i'd have to make everything it so complicated xD

Edited by Zone Hunter
  • Like 1

..such as inFAMOUS' series? Regardless of it was obvious that a (5th) sequel was on its way, you would still allow someone to make a thread that uses inFAMOUS' games since no sequel was technically confirmed, right?

If you're thinking about using inFAMOUS in a PP, I'd be interested to know more about it :) as I've been thinking over one of my previously suggested ideas where I proposed a "Morality" PP which includes games that have substantial good/bad choices where I was thinking of including inFAMOUS, Mass Effect, and others that fit the bill which I'm currently unsure of

• Like 1

If you're thinking about using inFAMOUS in a PP, I'd be interested to know more about it :) as I've been thinking over one of my previously suggested ideas where I proposed a "Morality" PP which includes games that have substantial good/bad choices where I was thinking of including inFAMOUS, Mass Effect, and others that fit the bill which I'm currently unsure of

Heavy rain maybe?

• Like 1

1) I won't include it as a rule since i already stated the games have to be unique. Whether a port/remaster/remake is being considered as unique depends on the game itself. 

2) Pretty much. I think it's okay to use inFAMOUS in a mixed bag pp thread since it only has 4 unique plattable games (IIRC) and there has been no word of a fifth game as of yet. 

3) Although Jem's thread remains in a somewhat grey area (due to the rules changing) you are correct yes.

Hopefully all your concerns/questions have been answered now :D

--------------------------------

To be honest when i first started this thread i didn't think i'd have to make everything it so complicated xD

1. True, but it wasn't really said if remasters counted as unique or not. Personally, I would think it's not unique... but not everyone is the same. 

2. Ok. And yes, only 4 unique plattable games.

3. Ok haha.

----

I tend to challenge things like this sometimes... it all depends - most of the time it's when I actually involve myself in the thing (such as this lol). IMO it's better this way so your idea can get better and people can have an easier time doing whatever it is this is about.

Heavy rain maybe?

In terms of good/bad choices, I mean something along the lines of a system in the game that defines what kind of person you are from your actions. inFAMOUS and Mass Effect both have ways of measuring your good or bad "status" :) Plus, I'm also not sure that if zadorvp decided on using Heavy Rain in his point-and-click PP xD

Also, Fallout feels like it would fit, but I believe it would be better off in another PP

In terms of good/bad choices, I mean something along the lines of a system in the game that defines what kind of person you are from your actions. inFAMOUS and Mass Effect both have ways of measuring your good or bad "status" :) Plus, I'm also not sure that if zadorvp decided on using Heavy Rain in his point-and-click PP xD

Also, Fallout feels like it would fit, but I believe it would be better off in another PP

I think it would make more sense to par inFamous with Prototype

1. Prototype pretty much a discount inFamous(like Dante's Inferno is to GoW.

2. Prototype only has two unique platinums, highly doubt there will be 3 more games to make it to five.

3. Prototype 2 was recently free on PS+ just like some of the infamous games.

4. Prototype games are playable on PS3 & PS4

• Like 1

I think it would make more sense to par inFamous with Prototype
1. Prototype pretty much a discount inFamous(like Dante's Inferno is to GoW.
2. Prototype only has two unique platinums, highly doubt there will be 3 more games to make it to five.
3. Prototype 2 was recently free on PS+ just like some of the infamous games.
4. Prototype games are playable on PS3 & PS4

Yeah, I can understand that, but the idea behind the PP that I thought of isn't about the similarities in the gameplay

I didn't want to make a PP in the direction of an action-adventure one. I was just thinking of trying to create something unique from the rest :P

• Like 1

• Hawx
  • Hawx 2
  • Endwar
  • Alpha Protocol
  • Heavy Fire Afghanistan
  • Mercenaries 2

To fit in additional games which'd be great for this project, I've considered changing the theme of the Project to "Front line" as opposed to "Modernized Warfare"

This'll make way for games such as Medal of Honor and Ghost Recon Future Soldier where "Modernized Warfare" would've cut them off.

• Like 1

Yeah, I can understand that, but the idea behind the PP that I thought of isn't about the similarities in the gameplay

I didn't want to make a PP in the direction of an action-adventure one. I was just thinking of trying to create something unique from the rest :P

Prototype does have some of the same morality stuff I believe.

Edit: nvm, can't find anything about that.

@WDJAT - the Arkham series was mentioned a long long time ago but I think it was just a suggestion and not a request to open it. I believe there's also been interest for a lego PP so you wouldn't need to add those.

Edited by Hemiak

Just wanted to say that PPs are an excellent idea! I will definitely be signing up for a couple of these, better get started on some platinums for the series' with a PP already underway.

At this stage I'm not close to meeting the criteria to hosting a PP but I just wanted to throw a couple idea out there for racing fans. I know the rules state no genre or developer/publisher mixed bag PPs but what if we did a genre and developer/publisher PP, specifically a Codemasters racing PP that would include: Dirt 2, Dirt 3, Dirt: Showdown, Grid 2 and Grid: Autosport? There could also be an F1 PP which includes: F1 2010, F1 2011, F1 2012, F1 2013, F1 2014, F1 2015 and F1 Race Stars (of course  :P ). Not 100% sure that there would be enough interest in either of these idea though.

I'm glad that Zone Hunter has tightened up the rules for the mixed bag PPs but I'm still a bit concerned about them, specifically the inFAMOUS and morality idea. I know that inFAMOUS only has 4 games with platinum trophies at the moment but there is no doubt that Sony hasn't finished with the series yet and there will be a 5th installment, who knows when but it'll happen. I'd like to think that a series with such a large fan base like inFAMOUS will get it's own PP. The same could be said for the Mass Effect series with the release of its 4th installment not too far off, why waste one or both of them in a mixed bag PP now when both series could have PPs of their own in the future? People are scrambling around to make PPs right this second without thinking of the future, sure we can have a lot of PPs begin in the short term which is great but if we start using up all the well know franchises in mixed bags now then how many potential PPs are we ruining for a few years down the track? Just some food for thought :)

Yhea i believe Hemiak wanted to do something with that.

At this stage I'm not close to meeting the criteria to hosting a PP but I just wanted to throw a couple idea out there for racing fans. I know the rules state no genre or developer/publisher mixed bag PPs but what if we did a genre and developer/publisher PP, specifically a Codemasters racing PP that would include: Dirt 2, Dirt 3, Dirt: Showdown, Grid 2 and Grid: Autosport? There could also be an F1 PP which includes: F1 2010, F1 2011, F1 2012, F1 2013, F1 2014, F1 2015 and F1 Race Stars (of course  :P ). Not 100% sure that there would be enough interest in either of these idea though.

Uhm... F1 would come under Codemasters Racing though, would it not? Which means you'd only be able to have - in theory - the Codemasters Racing PP and not the F1.