Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

I was thinking about a "Games that make you homicidal" series, but we all know someone would take that a little too literally... especially if I put SMB on there

I was thinking about this.

Maybe something like 'The Masochist's PP', or maybe 'The Good Hurt' :D It would only have non-series games and they'd have to be like 8 or 9/10 difficulty.

Catherine

Vanquish

Child of Eden

Carnival Island

El Shaddai

SMB

Raiden 4

Mamorukun

Dyad

Max Payne 3

Etc. - def open to suggestions.

Was also thinking about Cloudberry and Sine Mora but there're are a ton of really hard 100% and it'd be hard to add them all in.

Would people actually be interested in this?

@Lilly I realize you posted first so this is your baby if you want it, though I would gladly help out if you want.

Interesting idea. I only have one of the games mentioned but it would motivate me to finally play some games I've been wanting to try like Catherine, Vanquish, etc. Also agree that the difficulty would have to be based on something objective. The POST.org difficulty is a good idea.

Just going to throw a couple more name suggestions out there. They might be horrible but one of the first things that came to my mind was the "Broken Controller" PP since many a controllers will be thrown in anger trying to get the platinum in this PP. If there were 9 games in the OP you could do the "9 Circles of Hell" PP.

Edited by MStalker58

Maybe something like 'The Masochist's PP', or maybe 'The Good Hurt' :D It would only have non-series games and they'd have to be like 8 or 9/10 difficulty.

Catherine

Vanquish

Child of Eden

Carnival Island

El Shaddai

SMB

Raiden 4

Mamorukun

Dyad

Max Payne 3

Was also thinking about Cloudberry and Sine Mora but there're are a ton of really hard 100% and it'd be hard to add them all in.

Would people actually be interested in this?

@Lilly I realize you posted first so this is your baby if you want it, though I would gladly help out if you want.

I see no Aabs Animals

What the fuck are you doing with my child? :shakefist:

Aha, I'll be glad to duo it, but I need to prepare for my Front Line one if it's actually going through

Are you trying to escelate it from one man/woman to a small office building?

Well if you're going through all the trouble of creating a suicide PP, you should create something memorable :awesome:.

Catherine

Vanquish

Child of Eden

Carnival Island

El Shaddai

SMB

Raiden 4

Mamorukun

Dyad

Max Payne 3

Don't forget WipEout HD, Mirror's Edge, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

Well if you're going through all the trouble of creating a suicide PP, you should create something memorable :awesome:.

All three of those have(or are getting) sequels, which I was trying to avoid. Although there would only be two ME and there are only two Wipeout games... There are at least 4 NG titles and maybe as many as 6 or 7 depending on how you count them.

What the fuck are you doing with my child? :shakefist:

Aha, I'll be glad to duo it, but I need to prepare for my Front Line one if it's actually going through

lol. We'll work something out. If all the current ones go through there'll be over a month before we can get it running so no hurry. Edited by Hemiak

So I was bored and make up a list of games well known for how ___ they are. Had to put it in a spoiler cause looking at those games made me cringle. But I'm sure its a list that will please an "elite" trophy hunter.

Brave

Cars 2

CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS

Hannah Montana The Movie

Happy Feet Two

Ice Age 3

Ice Age 4: Continental Drift: Arctic Games

Kung Fu Panda 2

Madagascar 3

Megamind

Rango

Rio

Shrek Forever After

The Smurfs 2

The Penguins of Madagascar

I was kinda thinking of using WipEout series in some kind of Combat racing PP. Which would feature, WipEout HD/WipEout 2048/Blur/SplitSecond/Twisted Metal/Modnation/others? but idk if there would be interest in it though.

• Like 1

So I was bored and make up a list of games well known for how ___ they are. Had to put it in a spoiler cause looking at those games made me cringle. But I'm sure its a list that will please an "elite" trophy hunter

I've never been happier to not have a single plat from a list.

I was kinda thinking of using WipEout series in some kind of Combat racing PP. Which would feature, WipEout HD/WipEout 2048/Blur/SplitSecond/Twisted Metal/Modnation/others? but idk if there would be interest in it though.

Sign me up! I figured somebody would want Wipeout.

I'll handle a BlazBlue thread too if it is wanted?

• BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
  • BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
  • BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND
  • BlazBlue: CHRONOPHANTASMA
  • BlazBlue: CHRONOPHANTASMA EXTEND
  • XBLAZE Code Embryo
  • XBLAZE Lost Memories

I want to make a special one just for XBLAZE Code Embryo. It has 6 plats by itself  :D .

Zonehunter , can you reserve me a Dynasty Warriors thread. i have no time at the moment but i would love to start one later.

I will add : 

Dynasty warriors

DW Empires

DW xtrem Legends

Samurai warriors

Warriors Orochi

dw strikeforce

dw next

Not sure about adding the:

DW gundam

DQ heros

cannot add:

Pirate warriors

(already in a list)

PS: sorry if someone else already suggested DW thread , i was not reading every single post here :)

Zonehunter , can you reserve me a Dynasty Warriors thread. i have no time at the moment but i would love to start one later.

I will add : 

Dynasty warriors

DW Empires

DW xtrem Legends

Samurai warriors

Warriors Orochi

dw strikeforce

dw next

DW gundam

DQ heros

cannot add:

Pirate warriors

(already in a list)

PS: sorry if someone else already suggested DW thread , i was not reading every single post here :)

There is a new game coming out アルスラーン戦記×無双 (already out in japan) coming out early 2016. This one should also get added to the list.

• Like 1

There is a new game coming out アルスラーン戦記×無双 (already out in japan) coming out early 2016. This one should also get added to the list.

i will look into it , but at the moment i focus on english titel.  i think almost al DW titels + spinoffs got an EU/US release. so i can add it later too.  :)  never heard of this posted titel , i keep it in mind :)

Edit: missread your post xD , i thought it comes out 2016 in jp ... sry for that. 

Edited by Xionx

I will add : 

Dynasty warriors

DW Empires

DW xtrem Legends

Samurai warriors

Warriors Orochi

dw strikeforce

dw next

DW gundam

DQ heros

cannot add:

Pirate warriors

(already in a list)

Those 2 are in a very odd position since Gundam could qualify for it's own if we look at all Gundam games although I think only 3 are in English with a 4th coming or it is 4 games with a 5th coming.

As for Dragon Quest it actually had some time in Shounen Jump and also had a character as planned DLC for J-Stars Victory VS+ but none of the DLC for J-Stars ever happened.

EDIT:

http://myanimelist.net/manga/871/Dragon_Quest:_Dai_no_Daibouken

Edited by Kochiya Shana

Those 2 are in a very odd position since Gundam could qualify for it's own if we look at all Gundam games although I think only 3 are in English with a 4th coming or it is 4 games with a 5th coming.

As for Dragon Quest it actually had some time in Shounen Jump and also had a character as planned DLC for J-Stars Victory VS+ but none of the DLC for J-Stars ever happened.

thats why both of them are in the " not sure" part ;)  until  this idea get up in the line , some time will pass , and we will see if there is an interest in Gundam PP (maybe with transformers together) .

DQ in shounen jump ... hm im not sure if this is more fitting than DW category. but we will see.

i will look into it , but at the moment i focus on english titel.  i think almost al DW titels + spinoffs got an EU/US release. so i can add it later too.  :)  never heard of this posted titel , i keep it in mind :)

Edit: missread your post xD , i thought it comes out 2016 in jp ... sry for that. 

Yhea not a lot of people have heard about it, but its a game made for one of my favourite anime so ofcourse i've heard of it :D

The english title of the game is Arslan the Warriors of Legend

Yhea not a lot of people have heard about it, but its a game made for one of my favourite anime so ofcourse i've heard of it :D

The english title of the game is Arslan the Warriors of Legend

I mean i can make the suggested list , and than i add it later. Problem is that there are alot of DW spinoffs , and i dont want to take them away if they are more fitting in other categorys. Im huge DW fan and i play it since DW2.

i could add sengoku basara too.... hm so many possibilitys .... but at the moment i just want to reserve the DW core games for a PP .

I mean i can make the suggested list , and than i add it later. Problem is that there are alot of DW spinoffs , and i dont want to take them away if they are more fitting in other categorys. Im huge DW fan and i play it since DW2.

i could add sengoku basara too.... hm so many possibilitys .... but at the moment i just want to reserve the DW core games for a PP .

It isn't Koei though so isn't a true Dynasty Warriors title/spinoff and is just a game of similar playstyle by a different company also I added a link to the earlier post regarding Dragon Quest's Jump history.

*snip*

I could get behind this, but i think it's important to look at what exactly you want to do with your thread. I think you should include Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors/Warriors Orichi and Dynasty Warriors: Gundam series. I would not add DQ: Heroes as the only thing the games have in common, aside from being from the same developer, is their genre; Musou. So if you'd include DQ it'd become a Musou PP and a lot more games should be added then. 

I could get behind this, but i think it's important to look at what exactly you want to do with your thread. I think you should include Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors/Warriors Orichi and Dynasty Warriors: Gundam series. I would not add DQ: Heroes as the only thing the games have in common, aside from being from the same developer, is their genre; Musou. So if you'd include DQ it'd become a Musou PP and a lot more games should be added then. 

jeah , i will think about it later , i just wanted that you reserve the DW games :) if i really make a musou PP out of it is not sure yet. But the "Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors/Warriors Orichi" is for sure.