Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

If im correct in saying this, the point of project platinum was to show how much of a fan you are for a particular franchise? Having duplicate lists doesn't show that you are a bigger fan. I'd prefer if duplicates not being included was mandatory otherwise i have no chance for the metal gear top spot because i refuse to buy the same game twice. Not to mention a vita that is no longer supported. 

"I refuse to buy the same game twice".

Exactly, which is why the platinum rank shouldn't be obtainable for you. It should be only for the most dedicated fans and completionists, people who are willing to go above and beyond to platinum EVERY game in a series, not just every "unique" game, which is also a bad way of referring to it because when do we consider a game "unique" enough to be separate? 

"Not to mention a vita that is no longer supported."

Sigh. Not this shit again. The Vita is supported, in fact a new Zero Escape game was announced yesterday I believe which will only be available for the Vita and the 3DS. Just because Sony isn't supporting it doesn't mean other companies aren't.

• Like 2

We had a poll??? I missed that, when did it happen? 

It was a while ago, left it running for a few days. Even changed the thread name so people knew a poll was going on. Although the poll wasn't about stackables it was about whether a franchise could be used multiple times in different PPs. When we were discussing stackables for the first time the opinions were divided so i just decided to leave it up to the PP creator to decide. Since they know more about the franchise in question they can decide whether or not stackables should be necessary in order to complete a franchise.

Whether or not i added a poll about stackables it will always boil down to "I like to stack" - people vs "I don't like to stack" - people. Whatever will be decided one group will be disappointed. It's just now that most PP threads follow the "I don't like to stack" point of view that the opinions in this thread seem one sided. I'm 100% sure that if I, for some reason, suddenly decided that every thread needs to use all available trophy lists in order to reach platinum rank I'd unleash a shitstorm in this thread.

Has a Project Souls been considered?

We'd have

Demon's Souls

Dark Souls

Dark Souls 2

Scholar of the First Sin (Though it's debatable if that should count as its own thing)

Bloodborne

Plus there's Dark Souls 3 coming up.

Well i thought Yuri was going to create a GetRekt PP with the Souls games but reading his comments, i don't think he'd still be up for it. So i'll sign you up. 

For now i'll add you to the queue even though Scholar of the First Sin is a somewhat grey area whether it is different enough to be seen as a unique entry in the series.

Edited by Zone Hunter

It was a while ago, left it running for a few days. Even changed the thread name so people knew a poll was going on.

Well i thought Yuri was going to create a GetRekt PP with the Souls games but reading his comments, i don't think he'd still be up for it. So i'll sign you up. 

For now i'll add you to the queue even though Scholar of the First Sin is a somewhat grey area whether it is different enough to be seen as a unique entry in the series.

Its beasically the same thinh as the atelier games and SAO, the DLC from DS2 is included and needed for the plat of the PS4 version. So that makes it different enough.

I don't really care about that, I was prepared for it :P

I knew I couldn't stay first since I only plan to participate in J-related PPs so my max is pretty much 54 points in any case.

But I supposed that since that was the main topic on madbuk's status update so I presumed that was the case and presented my opinion how to fix it.

Also, shouldn't you be up for stacking considering how you handled MGS? =D

In my opinion it is a good idea that every Creator can decide by them self . I created my thread befor we set up rules or anything, and i will not change the whole Project now. Yes im pro-stacking, but on other hand i understand the not stacking opinion too. in same way im against jp-lists. Some ppl think Creators need more freedom , some ppl say we need more stricter rules. It is impossible to please everyone. It is fine as it is .

So if a PP creator wants a Poll in his Thread, he can do this. But it shouldnt be a rule.

Zadorvp, considering the huge amount of game lists in this category maybe you could make two PP instead of one, just think about it. Thanks. 

I think I'll stick to just one for a few reasons:

• I don't want to make a second banner (granted, the first one I've made is going to be ugly, but it'll do for now) or request one (at the moment)
  • I'm not sure how I'd divide them up into two PPs fairly and equally
  • I prefer there being more games since it increases the chances of having more varied category placements

I was going to, but people said there weren't enough games and I had to wait until Dark Souls III was released since there is only

Demon Souls

Dark Souls

Dark Souls II (+PS4 version, same thing)

Bloodborne

People told me not to do it, so I decided to wait until Dark Souls III to be released to do it. I'll search the whole thread to find who was it and what was said, hold on.

EDIT: found it on page 7. 

Project Platinum: GetRekt.

• Demon Souls (NA, EU, JP).
  • Dark Souls.
  • Dark Souls II (PS3, PS4).
  • Bloodborne (because yes).

That's 7 games right there. I would only have 1 so far, but would certainly go after the rest... eventually.

Or not.

:yay:

Although it kinda goes into the 5 unique games rule. Although Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the first sin is kind of a remaster so i guess it would count? What do you guys think? 

Dark Souls 3 has been announced already so wait for that and then there'll be 5 games.

Then it would be partially safe to say that the project itself...

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

...Got-rekt.

That seems like a good plan.

Edit: nvm, apparently it did get quite a few changes.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 2

I was going to, but people said there weren't enough games and I had to wait until Dark Souls III was released since there is only

Demon Souls

Dark Souls

Dark Souls II (+PS4 version, same thing)

Bloodborne

People told me not to do it, so I decided to wait until Dark Souls III to be released to do it. I'll search the whole thread to find who was it and what was said, hold on.

EDIT: found it on page 7. 

*snip*

Alright, i'll put it on the future list then until DS3 is released. Now you guys just need to work out who is going to do the thread (or you could both do it). Obviously Yuri was first but i'm sure you guys can come to somesort of agreement. 

Edited by Zone Hunter

Alright, i'll put it on the future list then until DS3 is released. Now you guys just need to work out who is going to do the thread (or you could both do it). Obviously Yuri was first but i'm sure you guys can come to somesort of agreement. 

He can do it, I rather step off than do something going against the rules set as common sense, honestly. It's the most civil action I could take here. :)

• Like 2

He can do it, I rather step off than do something going against the rules set as common sense, honestly. It's the most civil action I could take here. :)

I just want to see it done, you'd have the right to do it since you came first after all, but i'd do it if i can. If not, you can have the image files i made for some basic text and trophy images i made in my excitement if you want to lol.

• Like 1

I just want to see it done, you'd have the right to do it since you came first after all, but i'd do it if i can. If not, you can have the image files i made for some basic text and trophy images i made in my excitement if you want to lol.

You can do it if you can provide me the leaked images in first hand. :eyebrow:

I think I'll stick to just one for a few reasons:

• I don't want to make a second banner (granted, the first one I've made is going to be ugly, but it'll do for now) or request one (at the moment)
  • I'm not sure how I'd divide them up into two PPs fairly and equally
  • I prefer there being more games since it increases the chances of having more varied category placements

I thought about TT games, and another category for the rest as Broken Age, Sherlock Holmes, etc. But if you already decided it's Ok.

Exactly, which is why the platinum rank shouldn't be obtainable for you. It should be only for the most dedicated fans and completionists, people who are willing to go above and beyond to platinum EVERY game in a series, not just every "unique" game, which is also a bad way of referring to it because when do we consider a game "unique" enough to be separate? 

Sigh. Not this shit again. The Vita is supported, in fact a new Zero Escape game was announced yesterday I believe which will only be available for the Vita and the 3DS. Just because Sony isn't supporting it doesn't mean other companies aren't.

Like i said, having duplicates doesn't necessarily mean a bigger fan. I don't understand why they are considered "unique games", they are only "unique platforms". But thats just my opinion and i respect your opinion also. Oh, and about the vita part, yeah i kinda expected a response like that  :P

Ideas ( 40 pages, so sorry if have been mentioned)

Uncharted - 5 games when Uncharted 4 comes out

Infamous - 5 games if you include festival of blood. 

Grand Theft Auto - If we ever get trophies for the earlier games I'd love to be the creator. 

You can do it if you can provide me the leaked images in first hand. :eyebrow:

This is what i've made so far, some stuff i'm happier with than other stuff.

https://imgur.com/a/dMTzw

https://imgur.com/a/84TrJ

I like the trophy images i made, but ideally i'd have the headings look a bit more flashy, similar to what the Ratchet and Clank one looks like.

I also tried to add a bit of a metallic texture to the text in the banner but you can't really see it at all if you look at it now so it still looks to simple to me, might consult somebody who actually knows his stuff in that case.

Like i said, having duplicates doesn't necessarily mean a bigger fan. I don't understand why they are considered "unique games", they are only "unique platforms". But thats just my opinion and i respect your opinion also. Oh, and about the vita part, yeah i kinda expected a response like that :P

Ideas ( 40 pages, so sorry if have been mentioned)

Grand Theft Auto - If we ever get trophies for the earlier games I'd love to be the creator.

Festival of Blood doesn't have a platinum. :P I'm pretty sure Sucker Punch will make a new inFAMOUS soon though.

Like i said, having duplicates doesn't necessarily mean a bigger fan. I don't understand why they are considered "unique games", they are only "unique platforms". But thats just my opinion and i respect your opinion also. Oh, and about the vita part, yeah i kinda expected a response like that  :P

Ideas ( 40 pages, so sorry if have been mentioned)

I'm sure Uncharted & Infamous have been mentioned a couple of times but they haven't been "claimed" as far as i remember. Festival of blood isn't counted towards the 5 unique game rule since it doesn't have a platinum, you'll have to wait until another infamous game is released. 

Edited by Zone Hunter

This is what i've made so far, some stuff i'm happier with than other stuff.

https://imgur.com/a/dMTzw

https://imgur.com/a/84TrJ

I like the trophy images i made, but ideally i'd have the headings look a bit more flashy, similar to what the Ratchet and Clank one looks like.

I also tried to add a bit of a metallic texture to the text in the banner but you can't really see it at all if you look at it now so it still looks to simple to me, might consult somebody who actually knows his stuff in that case.

I like the design, but I would suggest using in game characters for the rankings like using Ostrava de boletaria (that piece of shit) for the lowest rank and increasing it in character relevancy/badassery as the rank increases. Maiden in black could be like silver since she totally REKTS the final boss into oblivion. Gudgarl. xD

I like the design, but I would suggest using in game characters for the rankings like using Ostrava de boletaria (that piece of shit) for the lowest rank and increasing it in character relevancy/badassery as the rank increases. Maiden in black could be like silver since she totally REKTS the final boss into oblivion. Gudgarl. xD

That was the basic idea i was following, i just used Dark Souls characters rather than Demon's Souls because Dark Souls is sort of the flagship Souls game. Solaire for Bronze, Artorias for Silver, Gwyn for Gold and Giantdad for Platinum. I also added a Hollow one for people with zero platinums and the Old One for anyone who'd platinum Demon's Souls 3 times. It wouldn't give any points but i would have felt bad giving the people who went so far nothing for their efforts. 

I'd like to include characters from all games, but i'd have to come up with all sorts of crazy badges which is hard when you don't have that many games to work with.

• Like 1

If anyone with some creativity would like to help out with my Challenge Accepted PP I could use it. I'm more than happy to do all the layout, naming, writing and running. However, I'm a noob when it comes to banners and fonts and crap like that. This doesn't particularly bother me, but I think people have come to expect a certain level of awesome when they join these threads.

If nobody is interested in full on partner mode, I could still use a banner made. I have some ideas but am also open to suggestions.

I am surprised there is a Persona idea, considering that only Persona 4 and its two spin-offs(Arena Ultimax and Dancing All Night, the Rhythm Game from The Depths of Doom :devil: ) are actual Persona games. Maybe we should expand it to a Shin Megami Tensei Project, but then again, not many people want to platinum Devil Summoner or whatnot. :spank:

Well, when Persona 5 comes out and the idea becomes a thread, sign me up. I'm already 40% of the way through Persona 4 Golden - just need to finish the first playthrough(the optional dungeons are left) and then start all over on NG+ to get the remaining trophies.

Festival of Blood doesn't have a platinum. :P I'm pretty sure Sucker Punch will make a new inFAMOUS soon though.

I'm sure Uncharted & Infamous have been mentioned a couple of times but they haven't been "claimed" as far as i remember. Festival of blood isn't counted towards the 5 unique game rule since it doesn't have a platinum, you'll have to wait until another infamous game is released. 

I know it doesn't have a platinum :P . I just saw a few project platinum's using the 100% as requirements and thought we could count them. 

I know it doesn't have a platinum :P . I just saw a few project platinum's using the 100% as requirements and thought we could count them. 

You can use them, you should actually use the 100% games but the 5 unique game rule is towards 5 games with each a platinum trophy. That's why i cannot add it, yet.

Edited by Zone Hunter

Sorry if this has been answered, but is there a reason that the Final Fantasy PP isn't being counted in the leaderboard?

The Final Fantasy PP counts towards the leaderboard. The admin hasn't filled it in yet. It should be up shortly, hopefully. 

Edited by Zone Hunter