Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

I think he said he didnt want to add splintercell because it has 4 titles so it could get a 5th. but i have heard nothng about a 5th game so it will atleast take like 1 or 2 years so he can just add it.

That is true but in my opinion you cant have a stealth based PP without splinter cell. Just like a Zombie based one without Resident Evil is weird. 

• Like 1

I have an idea for a hardcore, long-term pp project called: Playstation Trinity. The name is based on the awesome gaming trinity that is the ps3, ps4 and vita, and the goal would be to get 100 VITA plats for a bronze award,  200 ps3 plats for a silver award and 200 ps4 plats for a gold award. You get a platinum award if you get the full 500 plats and a bonus award if you complete another 250 games (both 100% and plats allowed for this portion of the challenge).  You would need a minimum of 75 plats just to join.

Wonder how many people would make it hehe.

Well, if you cheated and used cross-platform lists, it wouldn't be that hard to achieve =D

(Though 200 PS4 Plats... does PS4 have that many games...?)

This is so very wrong...

Then how would you describe them?

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

How did you create that fiery font effect in the banner? I've wanted to do something like that for the custom headers too.

More or less what this guy did:

http://youtu.be/DGVIDsRtKUU

It essentially boils down to adding some stock fire images to a piece of text with a fire-ish glow texture and brushing away the bits of the fire you don't want.

You don't really have to go to the lengths the guy in the video did, just make sure the fire and the text are on different layers.

• Like 1

More or less what this guy did:

It essentially boils down to adding some stock fire images to a piece of text with a fire-ish glow texture and brushing away the bits of the fire you don't want.

You don't really have to go to the lengths the guy in the video did, just make sure the fire and the text are on different layers.

That is a great tutorial, let's see if I can replicate that in Paint.net.

Check out the Splinter Cell games. I'm almost positive they have "beat the game with no alerts/being spotted" trophies.

Yeah they have those kind of trophies.

I think he said he didnt want to add splintercell because it has 4 titles so it could get a 5th. but i have heard nothng about a 5th game so it will atleast take like 1 or 2 years so he can just add it.

That is true but in my opinion you cant have a stealth based PP without splinter cell. Just like a Zombie based one without Resident Evil is weird. 

Thanks for your suggestions but there are a couple things that keep me from adding Splinter Cell:

1. First the rule for Mixed Bag PP's: Mixed Bag PP threads are only for smaller franchises and stand alone IP's.
  2. There are 4 games and the last one came out only 2 years ago (blacklist 2013). It's still very possible to get a fifth (and even 4 games I don't really consider a smaller franchise in this case).
  3. Also, there are 8 platinums for Tom Clancy games. So that could be a PP on it's own. (hint: someone should start that :P)

Those were my reasonings for not including Splinter Cell specifically.

• Like 1

Happy to finally reveal the leaderboard 2.1! A lot of work has gone into making the improved leaderboard and i'd like to give Ric huge credit for making it possible. It should be fully updated but if not then please contact the right PP Creator to update it accordingly. Ever PP tab is maintained by their creator.

Love it! It's a lot better organised, so easier to find the info that you want, and the main page looks awesome with all the PP! Good job!

• Like 1

Happy to finally reveal the leaderboard 2.1! A lot of work has gone into making the improved leaderboard and i'd like to give Ric huge credit for making it possible. It should be fully updated but if not then please contact the right PP Creator to update it accordingly. Ever PP tab is maintained by their creator.

I also updated the Top 5 in the OP. Seems that there are some new faces! Congrats to all 5 (7) !

Yay, finally :dance:. Now I don't have to search the link in the PM :P. Also I'm still in the top 5 :blink:, not bad for someone who only played Dragon Fin Soup for the past few weeks B).

• Like 2

Well, if you cheated and used cross-platform lists, it wouldn't be that hard to achieve =D

(Though 200 PS4 Plats... does PS4 have that many games...?)

Probably not yet but that's why I mentioned my challenge being long-term. Something like that would take a decade at least.

It seems like a good idea but i don't think PP is the right place for it. At least not right now.

I wasn't really serious about it. Just wanted to throw it out there and see what people would say. For curiosity's sake tho, would a challenge like that be in consideration if the parameters were changed to make it more accesible?

Oh, look what appeared: https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/32761-project-platinum-baka-hentai/

Also it is missing a few things but they'll be added upon completion... stupid banner is a pain to get right and so many awards to make but just a bit lazy in linking guides at current...

Oh man, those rank titles/pictures are really funny. Awesome job on the thread. 

• Like 1

Oh man, those rank titles/pictures are really funny. Awesome job on the thread. 

Thanks it wasn't easy and I really wanted to try something different with the gender specific trophies as it allows the humour to work better than to just assume everybody is a genderless blob.

So many accidental perverts in that thread though a girl really has to be careful in there.

• Like 3

Thanks it wasn't easy and I really wanted to try something different with the gender specific trophies as it allows the humour to work better than to just assume everybody is a genderless blob.

So many accidental perverts in that thread though a girl really has to be careful in there.

I predict many "accidental" situations dood

I wasn't really serious about it. Just wanted to throw it out there and see what people would say. For curiosity's sake tho, would a challenge like that be in consideration if the parameters were changed to make it more accesible?

It'd probably depend on how many people actually want to see/participate in a thread like that. 

Leaderboard looks smashing, RIP my top 5 spot though :(

You're not too far off though :D

Edited by Zone Hunter