SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

2 hours ago, Jun_Kazama316 said:

If the game developers had named the platinum trophy - Complete Retard it would have made more sense to me, because that's exactly what i think of this piece of trash.

Why? In my opinion, this is one of the best games ever made. Even though I got very, very frustrated, I did enjoy the game. It's nearly completely clean of glitches, the movement is extremely smooth, nearly every death feels like your own fault. 

12 minutes ago, Hogie838 said:

My head is splitting, I can't even do the levels in Cotton Alley - never mind all at once without dying. I'm giving it up now! 30,000 deaths is enough...

Ha, I remember that part of my run, working on zombie boy and thinking, I'm probably good enough to pass cotton alley dark now, I couldn't even go through the last 4 levels and if I did them now I'd probably only die twice. Took me 10 hours for cotton alley, and probably 20 hours over the course of 3 weeks for cotton alley dark, if you didn't even put 2 hours of work don't go saying it's impossible(even though that's the name of the trophy, LIES!)

If the game developers had named the platinum trophy - Complete Retard it would have made more sense to me, because that's exactly what i think of this piece of trash.

Did you even give it a go? Seems like you're talking out of anger even though the game isn't on your profile

26 minutes ago, Hogie838 said:

My head is splitting, I can't even do the levels in Cotton Alley - never mind all at once without dying. I'm giving it up now! 30,000 deaths is enough...

Keep at it. Eventually, you will get them. Take breaks, by the way. I found it to help a lot. I used to play 12 to 16 hours in a row, barely making any progress. It helps to take a 30 minute breather every 2 hours or so.

33 minutes ago, kilspeed111 said:

Why? In my opinion, this is one of the best games ever made. Even though I got very, very frustrated, I did enjoy the game. It's nearly completely clean of glitches, the movement is extremely smooth, nearly every death feels like your own fault. 

Well if you enjoyed the challenge that's fine, but it doesn't mean it's a good game.

2 minutes ago, Jun_Kazama316 said:

Well if you enjoyed the challenge that's fine, but it doesn't mean it's a good game.

Why is it not a good game? As I said, the movement is fluid, the gameplay is extremely hard but fair, the graphics, while obviously not pushing the PS4 to it's limits, look very nice. It's in my opinion one of the very best games ever made. Looking at your trophy list, it just seems that you don't like challenging games, which is perfectly fine, but that doesn't make the game bad.

10 minutes ago, kilspeed111 said:

Why is it not a good game? As I said, the movement is fluid, the gameplay is extremely hard but fair, the graphics, while obviously not pushing the PS4 to it's limits, look very nice. It's in my opinion one of the very best games ever made. Looking at your trophy list, it just seems that you don't like challenging games, which is perfectly fine, but that doesn't make the game bad.

If you really, really, really like the game that's fine, but lets be honest did you?

And FYI i do play challenging games if you want to have a few matches on Tekken tag Tournament let me know, i mean i'am Jun Kazama after all.

Just now, Jun_Kazama316 said:

If you really, really, really like the game that's fine, but lets be honest did you?

And FYI i do play challenging games if you want to have a few matches on Tekken tag Tournament let me know, i mean i'am Jun Kazama after all.

Fighting games aren't my thing, although PvP on any game isn't a good way to show it's difficulty. That's like saying super smash bros is hard, because you're playing against the world's best players.

Yes, I absolutely loved this game. I even got 2 t-shirts custom made with meat boy on it, and imported a disc copy from the UK. I recommend this game to people all the time, I just discourage them from trying to get the platinum as it might ruin the game for them.

3 hours ago, Jun_Kazama316 said:

If the game developers had named the platinum trophy - Complete Retard it would have made more sense to me, because that's exactly what i think of this piece of trash.

1 hour ago, kilspeed111 said:

39 minutes ago, HardXDXtraga said:

Ha, I remember that part of my run, working on zombie boy and thinking, I'm probably good enough to pass cotton alley dark now, I couldn't even go through the last 4 levels and if I did them now I'd probably only die twice. Took me 10 hours for cotton alley, and probably 20 hours over the course of 3 weeks for cotton alley dark, if you didn't even put 2 hours of work don't go saying it's impossible(even though that's the name of the trophy, LIES!)

Did you even give it a go? Seems like you're talking out of anger even though the game isn't on your profile

19 minutes ago, Jun_Kazama316 said:

I don't play these kind of games.

11 minutes ago, kilspeed111 said:

So you just don't like it? Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's a bad game. That would be a very ignorant thing to say.

I think you also completely misunderstood the intention of this thread. It's not for people who think Super Meat Boy is a bad game, it's for people who like the game but need to vent for a bit after trting to go for one of these steel balls trophies.

That's also why I think it's a bad idea to try and claim Super Meat Boy is a bad game in this thread. There's much too many fans of the game in here, you'll never come out on top and you'll just seem like a sore loser who whines because they couldn't muster the patience to get good in this nice and hard, but pretty fair trial-and-error platforming game (that's pretty fair unless completion percentage means a lot to you).

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hogie838 said:

You're not seriously at 30,000 deaths are you?

As of getting Maggot Boy I'm at 5900 deaths (estimate). Granted I watched and still watch video guides, and practiced a lot on my alt, but prior to that I never played Super Meat Boy. I must be pretty lucky to get 18 out of 24 trophies in just under four days.

I would watch a video guide on Cotton Alley. Makes a huge difference. Suddenly those levels that seemed *impossible* aren't impossible. You still need to retry a lot because you will still die quite frequently.

Dark Cotton Alley is much more difficult than Light Cotton Alley, if you didn't know that already.

Also if you're saying Missile Boy isn't that difficult (just a lot of cheap deaths), then I should be more than capable of getting it.

This thread is for fans of the game. I enjoy platformers, grew up with platformers so Super Meat Boy was essentially a no brainer.

As frustrating, difficult, and mind numbingly hard on your thumbs as this game is, it's not out of reach. It's very much possible, it challenges some of us who started playing platform games back in the NES and SNES days. I had prior experience long before Super Meat Boy came out. That makes a difference compared to someone who was never good at platformers.

Also, Super Meat Boy is a lot more fair, because you have infinite tries. The old video games, if you lost all your lives, you would have to go all the way back to the beginning. Ninja Gaiden on the NES was notorious for this. In ways I think it's more difficult than Super Meat Boy. Battletoads was definitely very difficult, most people never got past the Turbo Stage (Stage 3).

I'm no good with fighting games and strategy games. I have a better chance at the platinum in Super Meat Boy than I ever would getting the platinum in a game like Street Fighter V, or trying to play against a top ranked player in League of Legends or Starcraft II. We all have our strengths and weaknesses.

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I think you also completely misunderstood the intention of this thread. It's not for people who think Super Meat Boy is a bad game, it's for people who like the game but need to vent for a bit after trting to go for one of these steel balls trophies.

That's also why I think it's a bad idea to try and claim Super Meat Boy is a bad game in this thread. There's much too many fans of the game in here, you'll never come out on top and you'll just seem like a sore loser who whines because they couldn't muster the patience to get good in this nice and hard, but pretty fair trial-and-error platforming game (that's pretty fair unless completion percentage means a lot to you).

Yes, because Super Meat Boy is very difficult and requires a lot of willpower, determination and patience. For most people this will take anywhere from 50 to well over 100 hours, possibly 200 hours or more. But that is subjective, because this game is skill based and dependent on how well the player plays.

Also for those who care about 90 - 100 percent completion percentage, I would avoid Super Meat Boy unless you know you will earn the platinum.

Edited by Spaz

14 hours ago, Spaz said:

You're not seriously at 30,000 deaths are you?

Oh it's way more than 30,000. I spent over 5 hours trying to beat the first level of the kid warp zone and a couple of hours each on the other two. Now I'm stuck on XOXO and Bleach! Yeah I know I can beat missile boy only I keep making silly mistakes, I can do each level no problem but when I try do all 20 I keep messing up.

Would it not be better for you to use a blank account rather than a separate one. Then you won't need to play the games twice?

Edit: Just beat XOXO and got the Sufragette trophy, even though I haven't beaten Bleach. Nice!

Edited by Hogie838

3 hours ago, Hogie838 said:

Oh it's way more than 30,000. I spent over 5 hours trying to beat the first level of the kid warp zone and a couple of hours each on the other two. Now I'm stuck on XOXO and Bleach! Yeah I know I can beat missile boy only I keep making silly mistakes, I can do each level no problem but when I try do all 20 I keep messing up.

Would it not be better for you to use a blank account rather than a separate one. Then you won't need to play the games twice?

Edit: Just beat XOXO and got the Sufragette trophy, even though I haven't beaten Bleach. Nice!

You should upload a screenshot of your 30,000 deaths. It's shown in the statistics on the main menu.

Nine hours for The Kid? That would make me go mental. Only took me 20 minutes for all three levels but then again I practiced a good bit on my alt. 

Personally I would do 3 - 17X thru 3 - 20X first. Then I would do 3 - 10 X (skip 3 - 11X for last) thru 15X only because two of the levels are rather tough (use Flywrench) for both. The rest can be done in your preferred preference. This is all of course my opinion.

3 - 18X causes me a lot of issues. 3 - 17 X and 3 - 19X are very annoying but are very doable with practice. 

Keep trying and you'll get Missile Boy.

2 minutes ago, A Pleb said:

Died 4 off impossible boy on 7-9x. Finally gotten used to 7-19x so I'm pretty confident that I'm close. Hopefully I can make it my 1000th trophy.

That would be nice, you are so close. DON"T GIVE UP!!

7 minutes ago, Hogie838 said:

That would be nice, you are so close. DON"T GIVE UP!!

I definitely wouldn't give up after getting so far, it's just a case of when I plat it as opposed to if. I notice you're going for the plat aswell so best of luck with that. Can't tell you how many times I've lost a perfect run by dying on the "easiest" level.

I remember long time ago playing this on PC and got my ass handed to me constantly, couldn't even beat the final levels on light world never mind getting the kid, beating all warplanes, cotton alley, dark world and all that stuff.

Maybe I'll give it a second go to see if my gaming skills have improved over the years. Probably not on my main account until I feel confident about at least getting 100% for the game (I mean Golden God, not the platinum).

27 minutes ago, A Pleb said:

I definitely wouldn't give up after getting so far, it's just a case of when I plat it as opposed to if. I notice you're going for the plat aswell so best of luck with that. Can't tell you how many times I've lost a perfect run by dying on the "easiest" level.

I should get Missile Boy in the next few days. After that I will be struggling a lot.

If I can get Demon Boy in the next two weeks or so I'm definitely going to work on the platinum in the coming months. Chances are it's going to take most of the summer to get Impossible Boy. I'm going to be busy with college and work. Plus I'm planning to move out sometime in 2018, need to sort my finances and finally figure out what I want to do in life. 

Maggot Boy wasn't that difficult at all, but it was like you said. Dying on easy levels. Ruined a 19 level streak by dying on level 6, which is fairly easy.

10 minutes ago, jaehyun1009 said:

I remember long time ago playing this on PC and got my ass handed to me constantly, couldn't even beat the final levels on light world never mind getting the kid, beating all warplanes, cotton alley, dark world and all that stuff.

Maybe I'll give it a second go to see if my gaming skills have improved over the years. Probably not on my main account until I feel confident about at least getting 100% for the game (I mean Golden God, not the platinum).

Getting The Kid is far easier than the later no death runs. After Demon Boy I'm very confident I can get the platinum. Whether it takes me weeks, months or well into next year I will feel determined. 

I just think it would be a huge waste if someone got 9 of 12 no death runs finished, then gave up on Meat Boy entirely never to return to the game. 

I'm pretty surprised I got as far as I did with only 6440 deaths. 

Edited by Spaz

34 minutes ago, A Pleb said:

Thanks. I'm so close to giving up it's really starting to drive me nuts. I wonder is it worth the pain? :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Getting The Kid is far easier than the later no death runs. After Demon Boy I'm very confident I can get the platinum. Whether it takes me weeks, months or well into next year I will feel determined. 

I just think it would be a huge waste if someone got 9 of 12 no death runs finished, then gave up on Meat Boy entirely never to return to the game. 

Like I said I couldn't even beat the game let alone taking on the harder challenges (The Kid was just an example), and that's not even factoring in the no-death challenges required for the platinum.

But that was like 4 years ago and maybe I could give this a try on an alt to see how much better (or dare I say worse) I'm gonna fare this time around.

3 minutes ago, jaehyun1009 said:

Like I said I couldn't even beat the game let alone taking on the harder challenges (The Kid was just an example), and that's not even factoring in the no-death challenges required for the platinum.

But that was like 4 years ago and maybe I could give this a try on an alt to see how much better (or dare I say worse) I'm gonna fare this time around.

Would you say getting everything 100 percent leading into my attempts at Dark Salt Factory with 6440 deaths pretty good?

1 hour ago, Hogie838 said:

Here's an image of all my deaths so far. Who can beat my record? 1f609.png This was a few days ago so it has since increased... A LOT!!!!

Super%20Meat%20Boy_20170514220147_zps56f

Wow. That's a lot of deaths.

Platformers not your forte?

I'll post my image in a few hours.

Edited by Spaz

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

I should get Missile Boy in the next few days. After that I will be struggling a lot.

If I can get Demon Boy in the next two weeks or so I'm definitely going to work on the platinum in the coming months. Chances are it's going to take most of the summer to get Impossible Boy. I'm going to be busy with college and work. Plus I'm planning to move out sometime in 2018, need to sort my finances and finally figure out what I want to do in life. 

Maggot Boy wasn't that difficult at all, but it was like you said. Dying on easy levels. Ruined a 19 level streak by dying on level 6, which is fairly easy.

Good luck with missile boy. If you just take it one world at a time you should be able to push through and eventually earn the platinum. The main thing I've noticed about this game is that with enough determination, it's definitely possible. 

1 hour ago, Hogie838 said:

Here's an image of all my deaths so far. Who can beat my record? 1f609.png This was a few days ago so it has since increased... A LOT!!!!

Super%20Meat%20Boy_20170514220147_zps56f

Damn, super meat boy at its finest ?. I'm quickly catching up whilst going through last one.

Edited by A Pleb

12 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Would you say getting everything 100 percent leading into my attempts at Dark Salt Factory with 6440 deaths pretty good?

I haven't gotten that far so I can't tell you if that's really good or not, although it doesn't look like it took you too long to get through a handful of no-death runs.

I've not tried cotton alley worlds at all but they look absolutely brutal from what I've seen on youtube. Probably even worse when you actually have to play those levels.

Edited by jaehyun1009