SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

3 hours ago, Hogie838 said:

Good luck when you start it ?

Thanks, i know it's going to be a pain.

2 hours ago, HardXDXtraga said:

You guys are doing it wrong, you shouldn't play in on a blank account because it's hard, you should play it on your main to show it who's boss

I'm doing it the pussy way. I'm not even sure if i can get the plat so that's why i'm doing it on the blank account.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Do I dare put this game on my main?

The only reason I put Super Meat Boy on my blank was to test it out.

I'm beginning to regret it. Every time you get past the hardest bit there's another just waiting. I think with patience and persistence I can beat it but I'm not sure if I will have the willpower... Takes so long (for me anyway) to get past each section. I'm not giving up yet but I'm close to! I reckon having it on your main gives you the push you need to continue.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bruin-rocks said:

I have 4 of the no death runs complete now, The Kid, and working on Hospital Dark World. I cant seem to get it though. I always die in the stupidest of ways. 

Because you start to panic. You make it through all the hard parts and mess up on stupid things. I'm doing the same LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

Do I dare put this game on my main?

The only reason I put Super Meat Boy on my blank was to test it out.

No don't :D 

EDIT: Remember AJ think about your completion, like i said do it on your blank only if you think you can't plat it.

You will be going back to StayPationt when it's too late and think FUCK why i didn't stick with my blank account:

Edited by TazDevilz1986

3 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

No don't :D 

EDIT: Remember AJ think about your completion, like i said do it on your blank only if you think you can't plat it.

You will be going back to StayPationt when it's too late and think FUCK why i didn't stick with my blank account:

It's FAR from impossible. But you and I are probably going to spend a good 100 hours on Super Meat Boy.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned how long it took them to get the platinum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

It's FAR from impossible. But you and I are probably going to spend a good 100 hours on Super Meat Boy.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned how long it took them to get the platinum.

Since i am done with MXGP today, i am going to start a few hours Super Meat Boy. Good luck to you as well.

Unlocked The Kid on my blank.

Took a solid hour and 20 minutes. This is after watching a video of someone doing Kid's warpzone, and me having made several attempts a month ago.

First level isn't as bad as people say. It's extremely tight, that narrow space you have to jump back and forth killed me more times than anywhere else.

You literally have to be very close to touching the spikes, then do some very precise quick jumps tapping the X button while slightly adjusting the top D pad button to have Kid move just where he needs to be. 

After that the rest of the level ain't that bad. 

Second level was the easiest for me. Again those tight areas you have to be precise while on those moving platforms.

Third level however almost killed me. Those spikes were pretty fast. I have terrible timing, and half of the time I felt I died because Kid wouldn't jump high enough? 

Once I finally got the rythem down this level wasn't bad. But it was very frustrating.

This warpzone is a bitch. Worst of all I'm going to have to do this again on my main account. So I'm actually doing this twice rather than once like most people did.

One of the most difficult sections I've had to endure in years. This was no joke. But at least when I do it again I know exactly what to do.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Spaz said:

This warpzone is a bitch. Worst of all I'm going to have to do this again on my main account. So I'm actually doing this twice rather than once like most people did.

You can just add your blank account to your main account once you finish the game, no need for two playthroughs. Delete your main account and sign in from blank account and the game will be added just make sure you keep a copy of all your saves.

4 minutes ago, Hogie838 said:

You can just add your blank account to your main account once you finish the game, no need for two playthroughs. Delete your main account and sign in from blank account and the game will be added just make sure you keep a copy of all your saves.

It's not a blank account. He has two psn accounts. 

Just got "Zombie Boy" after a week or more days (maybe two weeks, I can't remember) of dedication. I'm happy SlimSanta got "Impossible Boy", now it's time for me to go after it, that is upon earning "Girl Boy", actually is time to sleep now, so later today's night.

For a reason the "insert other media" option doesn't recognize the link of the screenshot I took. How does the insert existing attachment work? How can I attach pictures? I miss the ability to directly upload pictures. 

Jesus Fucking Christ Cotton Alley is fucking difficult!

I can't even get past the first few levels on dark Cotton Alley.

53 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Just got "Zombie Boy" after a week or more days (maybe two weeks, I can't remember) of dedication. I'm happy SlimSanta got "Impossible Boy", now it's time for me to go after it, that is upon earning "Girl Boy", actually is time to sleep now, so later today's night.

For a reason the "insert other media" option doesn't recognize the link of the screenshot I took. How does the insert existing attachment work? How can I attach pictures? I miss the ability to directly upload pictures. 

Yeah that's probably how long it'll take me. Two weeks, damn man that's dedication alright.

In the process of trying to beat all levels on Cotton Alley and my god, some of those obstacles I have to get past is making me pull my hair out in frustration.

I just use a image hosting website for my pictures. Unless someone can tell me how to properly use 'Insert other media' since I never understood how to use it right.

Edited by Spaz

I'm really having a hard time with this now. It is nearly time to give it up before my mind is totally detroyed. There is absolutely no room for error, every single move needs to be perfect. If you are a millisecond out then BOOM your dead! It is taking multitudes of tries on Hell Dark World to even pass a level, never mind getting through all 20 without losing a life. I think I'm just gonna get the rest of the trophies I may be able to manage and then lock it up somewhere really dark and forget about it. This video SMB Speedrun makes me want to cry. I wonder would he complete the rest of this for me ?

Edited by Hogie838

2 minutes ago, Hogie838 said:

I'm really having a hard time with this now. It is nearly time to give it up before my mind is totally detroyed. There is absolutely no room for error, every single move needs to be perfect. If you are a millisecond out then BOOM your dead! It is taking multitudes of tries on Hell Dark World to even pass a level, never mind getting through all 20 without losing a life. I think I'm just gonna get the rest of the trophies I may be able to manage and then lock it up somewhere really dark and forget about it. This video SMB Speedrun makes me want to cry. I wonder would he complete the rest of this for me 1f602.png

Your progress looks pretty impressive to me, for the few days you've played it. Keep it up!

Anyway, getting a little frustrated myself. Hospital Dark World feels easy, but there's always that one...little...misfire. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Anyway, getting a little frustrated myself. Hospital Dark World feels easy, but there's always that one...little...misfire. 

Yep, as you go through the 20 levels you start to panic and make stupid mistakes just when you've nearly got it. I wish you lots of luck.

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

Your progress looks pretty impressive to me, for the few days you've played it. Keep it up!

Trust me when I say this is a 10 out of 10, 100+ hour platinum. This is exactly what TheYuriG (TC) said, and he's pretty damn good at platformers.

Also when it takes two weeks to unlock the Zombie Boy trophy, that's telling you how difficult the game is.

I came pretty close last night to getting both Hospital Light and Forest Dark worlds complete without dying. The Kid makes both these areas much easier, but I was still dying due to stupid mistakes.

1 hour ago, Hogie838 said:

Yep, as you go through the 20 levels you start to panic and make stupid mistakes just when you've nearly got it. I wish you lots of luck.

I know the feeling. When I play this game on my main account it's going to feel even more frustrating. I'm just stunned how easy the top level players make Cotton Alley look.

I tried the first five levels of dark Cotton Alley before I finally gave up. So much concentration and so little room for mistakes.

I often see people with only Impossible Boy left and doing the dark Cotton Alley levels without dying often takes them several weeks, if not a couple months to finally get that gold trophy.

That's dedication. But if you can get the platinum Hogie, you'll probably be throwing a celebration.

I finally got the courage to pick this game back up, only missing impossible boy. I can go on a 10+ streak no problem, but 7-14x is really grinding my f-ing gears. Is there something I'm doing wrong for 7-14x? I'm following this video:

The second jump at the top (just after grabbing the key) is where it goes wrong 80% of the time. I either jump too late and fall down into a Laser (which isn't too big of a problem, I can exit to map in time), OR I jump too early and instantly die by a laser as I get caught up in the ceiling part. It seems that there's only a few frames to jump on. Am I doing something wrong here? I haven't seen anyone who struggled with this level like me. Am I supposed to not hold X all the time? I am releasing run, by the way.

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Well I'm a noob to this game so your best bet is to keep trying. 

Also noticed you have gotten most of the trophies in a few months. Pretty good if you ask me.

Thanks, could've been much quicker but real life got in the way quite badly. I never intended to rush this game, as long as I plat it, I'm happy.

My only advice is to keep practising the levels you find tough until you are able to complete it a few times in a row. You'll get better over time. I haven't gotten to cotton alley yet, I'm stuck on The Rapture trying to get the bandages. Level 5 is a B@ST*RD!! And I can't work out how to go through them orb things without getting sliced. My head is melted with this game ?

Edited by Hogie838