SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

3 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Finally...

v7hyULH.jpg

By the way, you can also use L button to run in case you are worried about wearing out your R button. I'll take a very little break before beating the last warpzones (and collecting their bandages) and completing the last The End dark world levels to earn the last trophies.

YOU DID IT!!! The not-so-Impossible Boy ;) I say that's well deserved, congratulations! :D

• Like 1

Well, although I've not played the game a whole lot currently, I do intend to obtain its platinum at some point. Started it off on the Vita, but not sure if I'll continue on it or switch over to the PS4 version. Definitely liked what I've played of it so far, really addicting game and fun to play.

Edited by Stuart Pot
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

Finally...

v7hyULH.jpg

By the way, you can also use L button to run in case you are worried about wearing out your R button. I'll take a very little break before beating the last warpzones (and collecting their bandages) and completing the last The End dark world levels to earn the last trophies.

Nice, conrats! Vita is life.

• Like 3

Cotton Alley is beating my ass, I have over half the levels done and can do first try but there's always oneeeee that kills me in an attempt of a no death run :'( 7-7, 7-13, 7-16, 7-19 & 7-20 is where I keep constantly dying, any tips or advice or any motivation from anyone!? Cotton Alley Dark isn't gonna be any easier but hey one at a time xD

6 minutes ago, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

Cotton Alley is beating my ass, I have over half the levels done and can do first try but there's always oneeeee that kills me in an attempt of a no death run :'( 7-7, 7-13, 7-16, 7-19 & 7-20 is where I keep constantly dying, any tips or advice or any motivation from anyone!? Cotton Alley Dark isn't gonna be any easier but hey one at a time xD

All I can say is to play every level many times until you find the best strategy that works for you and after that replay the levels until you master them using your own strategies.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

OH MY GOD HOLY SHIT I SURPRISED MYSELF OMG I DID COTTON ALLEY LIGHT FROM LEVEL 1-20 WITHOUT EVEN LIKE REALISING I DID IT WITHOUT DYING WOW YAY!!! :D

Edit: I need to chill, I still have Cotton Alley Dark to do :(

WELL DONE! A lot of people actually think Cotton Alley Dark is easier than Light but you can judge for yourself. Anyway only one more to go and a really nice plat for your cabinet. Congrats ?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

On Cotton Alley Dark, for some reason I found it wayyyyy easier to play on the Vita, stages like 7-19x became so easy because you're close to the screen as it is so navigating at the top wasn't even a worry anymore, I just found it a lot easier to concentrate on, also had background music playing so I didn't pull my hair out of the non stop Cotton Alley music xD

Haha, that's the reason i put Music and Soundeffects to 0 so i don't have to listen Bandage Girl die and that music.

gz on the plat. While it is absolutely doable it needs a lot of patience.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

The journey is over, with 11k dead meat boys, I finally earned the platinum trophy!!!:platinum: I'd like to thank every one who's commented on this and the ones who PM'd me wishing me good luck, it's definitely kept me motivated and determined to earn this cruel platinum!xD 

On Cotton Alley Dark, for some reason I found it wayyyyy easier to play on the Vita, stages like 7-19x became so easy because you're close to the screen as it is so navigating at the top wasn't even a worry anymore, I just found it a lot easier to concentrate on, also had background music playing so I didn't pull my hair out of the non stop Cotton Alley music xD

As previously said by others, you can do this if you're determined enough, practicing and playing levels 100 times each really does pay off, anyways, you guys have been awesome, thanks again my dudes for the support, wish you the best of luck for all your future adventures!

Nice! Thank you all for making it less rarer as time passes. Kidding aside, great job!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

The journey is over, with 11k dead meat boys, I finally earned the platinum trophy!!!:platinum: I'd like to thank every one who's commented on this and the ones who PM'd me wishing me good luck, it's definitely kept me motivated and determined to earn this cruel platinum!xD 

As previously said by others, you can do this if you're determined enough, practicing and playing levels 100 times each really does pay off, anyways, you guys have been awesome, thanks again my dudes for the support, wish you the best of luck for all your future adventures!

Well done! I knew you could do it. You even managed to make it into the 50 fastest achievers.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Spaz said:

Great job man. Very impressive time you completed it in. 

Got any any tips on Zombie Boy and Girl Boy?

Those two trophies were very difficult. I remember that in zombie boy the last 5 levels were impossible for me at first. Then I realized that they were complicated but you dont die at those levels, not like 5-2x, 5-5x or 5-8x, they are easy, but you die very easily in them. 

Keep practicing the levels where you die easily until you get good in those levels.

Also check Sir Knight Surefire Tactics videos, they help me a lot during my no death runs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6gBEPNo0L4&t=1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U66NMLNCnSA

Good luck.

warrervena.png

warrervena.png

On 16 August 2017 at 4:47 AM, Spaz said:

Great job man. Very impressive time you completed it in. 

Got any any tips on Zombie Boy and Girl Boy?

If you can do Zombie Boy then you shan't need to worry about not having enough skill for impossible boy. Personally found it a lot harder the second time around. I think it's because my muscle memory for Dark Rapture levels was piss poor but I struggled the first time too. If you can do Zombie Boy then you have the skill, in my opinion.

These aren't intended as tips, just a bit of motivation to keep going lol.

Edited by DarkSamuraii-
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I allowed myself to get drawn in to go for the plat, I've made a huge mistake! 

Just got to the point now that I can no longer be assed it is not worth the stress lol. Might come back to it to snag a few more trophies every now and again but the plat can whistle. 

Hats off to all the plat achievers on this that must take some patience! I don't have it haha

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

FINALLY decided to come back to this game after eight months of hiatus. Spent a few hours last night and a hour the night before practicing the levels in Dark Rapture. 

Was three levels away from obtaining Zombie Boy on one run when I hesitated and died on a sawblade in 5-2X, one of the easier levels. Always hate when that happens.

It’s a spike in difficulty compared to Demon Boy. But there are still a few easy levels, so thankfully they’re not all hard. 

That being said, 5-9X is one of the most bullshit levels in this game. Dealing with the missiles? Not a problem. I’m usually consistent in 5-17X. But 5-9X has no less than 5 - 6 of those red “fucks” ready to come after you. So you have to lure and bait them. 

The black ooze character is probably the best but it’s hard to get used to him. His clinging ability works wonders on the red “fucks”, but the missiles, normally easy with Meat Boy and The Kid, can be a problem. It’s very random, and 5-9X has killed many of my runs. 

5-18X is a bit of a trickster and takes a long while to know what to do. Usually jump right on the missiles near Bandage Girl, the rest of the level is easy for me. 

5-20X is a pain when you wait until it’s one of the last few levels. It’s very easy to hesitate and die on the small sawblades due to pressure. I’ve also died a lot glitching at that gate from the missiles and the sawblade below. The small sawblade near Bandage Girl is easy though. 

5-3X takes a long time to master. I never liked the gravity orbs. 5-5X has a tough first section for The Kid but an easy last section. It’s the complete opposite for Meat Boy. Easy first section, difficult last section. I CANNOT jump over those sawblades as Meat Boy after hitting the switch. Only managed it a couple of times. 

5-8X is easy but very easy to mess up if you wait until it’s one of the later levels for your Zombie Boy run.

5-1X and 5-10X are probably the last two levels to do. Very easy levels and I never die on them.

Zombie Boy will probably take a few more days. I’m doing a lot better than I initially thought would be doing after several months off.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Spaz said:

FINALLY decided to come back to this game after eight months of hiatus. Spent a few hours last night and a hour the night before practicing the levels in Dark Rapture. 

Was three levels away from obtaining Zombie Boy on one run when I hesitated and died on a sawblade in 5-2X, one of the easier levels. Always hate when that happens.

It’s a spike in difficulty compared to Demon Boy. But there are still a few easy levels, so thankfully they’re not all hard. 

That being said, 5-9X is one of the most bullshit levels in this game. Dealing with the missiles? Not a problem. I’m usually consistent in 5-17X. But 5-9X has no less than 5 - 6 of those red “fucks” ready to come after you. So you have to lure and bait them. 

The black ooze character is probably the best but it’s hard to get used to him. His clinging ability works wonders on the red “fucks”, but the missiles, normally easy with Meat Boy and The Kid, can be a problem. It’s very random, and 5-9X has killed many of my runs. 

5-18X is a bit of a trickster and takes a long while to know what to do. Usually jump right on the missiles near Bandage Girl, the rest of the level is easy for me. 

5-20X is a pain when you wait until it’s one of the last few levels. It’s very easy to hesitate and die on the small sawblades due to pressure. I’ve also died a lot glitching at that gate from the missiles and the sawblade below. The small sawblade near Bandage Girl is easy though. 

5-3X takes a long time to master. I never liked the gravity orbs. 5-5X has a tough first section for The Kid but an easy last section. It’s the complete opposite for Meat Boy. Easy first section, difficult last section. I CANNOT jump over those sawblades as Meat Boy after hitting the switch. Only managed it a couple of times. 

5-8X is easy but very easy to mess up if you wait until it’s one of the later levels for your Zombie Boy run.

5-1X and 5-10X are probably the last two levels to do. Very easy levels and I never die on them.

Zombie Boy will probably take a few more days. I’m doing a lot better than I initially thought would be doing after several months off.

I've started having a go on my vita in work and I seem to be doing tonnes better on this version! 

I don't reckon I'm going to go for the plat though as it's just no fun and I'm not enjoying these no death runs at all! 

I was happy to get Squirrel Boy lol. 

The dark hospital world is pissing me off enough so I can't even imagine how annoying those later ones are! 

The very best of luck man, you have alot more patience than me.