The Great Australian Trophy Hunt - Expression of Interest

I'm in but I have a handful of hidden trophies, so can you please explain how hidden trophies can affect the stats you'll be using from this site? I'm okay with unhiding them, I just would like to know why first lol

It mostly affects the completion percentage but i see you have only hidden 11 trophies so it wouldn't make much of a difference in your case. Unless those 11 trophies are from 11 different games of course 

I was going to join but I've got hidden trophies so I'm out.

No problems feral611, you can always join up later if you change your mind.

This sounds great Wayne. Very well thought out. I would definitely be interested in joining

Thanks cjshaitan, welcome to the contest!

Sounds great, I'll join

Added, welcome to the contest The Three Stooges!

I might give this a go.

Added, welcome to the contest spazza136!

Nice idea, I'm in.

Added, welcome to the contest EpicNogg4!

Great, Im in too. I think this is the most complex tally system ive seen. As long as i don't have to do the adding up  :P

Guess i wont get any points for the backlog challenge haha

Thanks Gibbo_0113, I tried to incorporate a few ideas so even people who don't play every day can still be competitive with the completion, rarity and mvp categories. Nah I'll do all the adding up for the scoring, well the spreadsheet will do it but I'll take the credit :P . For the backlog challenge, you can nominate games from 2014 or earlier that you don't currently own but plan on buying and playing throughout the season so you still might be able to get something out of it.

I'm in but I have a handful of hidden trophies, so can you please explain how hidden trophies can affect the stats you'll be using from this site? I'm okay with unhiding them, I just would like to know why first lol

By hiding trophies, PSNP adjusts you completion and rarity accordingly. So if people were to un-hide trophies before an update, it could potentially give them an unfair advantage by boosting either statistic. I'm not going to be going through everyone's profiles (if they're hidden trophies) and recording all the games listed on your profile prior to the competition so I can work out which trophies people hide/un-hide during the competition.

• Like 2

Hey Wayno, I'm from Australia, I'd be interested in this, had a read of everything I agree a bit with 

I would love to join but this is a disadvantage for people like me who don't have many games. If someone just bought 100 games than they are already have a step ahead of everyone.

I don't personally have this problem, but people who may not have that many things in their backlog, or a lot of games in general might suffer from this issue, there's a possible 120 points alone from the backlog games if you plat all 6, which is very possible, I think something needs to be done to fix that,

Also, if you need help with a banner I can help, if you pm me I can show you my previous work, 

Thanks for organizing this :)

I would love to join but this is a disadvantage for people like me who don't have many games. If someone just bought 100 games than they are already have a step ahead of everyone.

I personally don't see it as a massive disadvantage, yeah sure some of the people competing may have a large pile of games to play but if they add too many to their profile then they're hurting their chances at the completion category and potentially the rarity category if they only get easy trophies for a lot of games instead of going to harder trophies on fewer games. The mvp category isn't necessarily related to the shear amount of trophies you earn and also the backlog challenge only allows 6 games so if you achieve 6 ultra rare or very rare platinums then you're still in with a chance. I personally only have a record of 0.91 trophies per day which is less than 30 trophies a month, which equals finishing less than 1 game per month in most cases so worst case scenario for you is that you're competing with me at the bottom for the wooden spoon :P. Hope to see you sign up patrickogorman19!

Hey Wayno, I'm from Australia, I'd be interested in this, had a read of everything I agree a bit with 

I don't personally have this problem, but people who may not have that many things in their backlog, or a lot of games in general might suffer from this issue, there's a possible 120 points alone from the backlog games if you plat all 6, which is very possible, I think something needs to be done to fix that,

Also, if you need help with a banner I can help, if you pm me I can show you my previous work, 

Thanks for organizing this :)

Hopefully I've addressed some of your issues above but if not then I'm happy to discuss and look at tweaking some things before the contest kicks off. Thanks for the offer, I would definitely like to see some of your work. I will pm you later regarding this.

Come on.. Why Australia only? :(

At this stage it's Australians only but if there is enough interest from others then maybe I could get someone else to help create another division for other countries/regions.

Not Australian, but I did live there in 2006, does that count? :P

Well I'm sure us Aussies can come up with some sort of test to determine your eligibility, how do you feel about eating a jar of Vegemite?  :lol: 

• Like 2

No problems feral611, you can always join up later if you change your mind.

Thanks cjshaitan, welcome to the contest!

Added, welcome to the contest The Three Stooges!

Added, welcome to the contest spazza136!

Also time will be another factor. The only thing that have better than everybody is rarity better than most people.

Added, welcome to the contest EpicNogg4!

Thanks Gibbo_0113, I tried to incorporate a few ideas so even people who don't play every day can still be competitive with the completion, rarity and mvp categories. Nah I'll do all the adding up for the scoring, well the spreadsheet will do it but I'll take the credit :P . For the backlog challenge, you can nominate games from 2014 or earlier that you don't currently own but plan on buying and playing throughout the season so you still might be able to get something out of it.

By hiding trophies, PSNP adjusts you completion and rarity accordingly. So if people were to un-hide trophies before an update, it could potentially give them an unfair advantage by boosting either statistic. I'm not going to be going through everyone's profiles (if they're hidden trophies) and recording all the games listed on your profile prior to the competition so I can work out which trophies people hide/un-hide during the competition.

It mostly affects the completion percentage but i see you have only hidden 11 trophies so it wouldn't make much of a difference in your case. Unless those 11 trophies are from 11 different games of course 

Not at all. I have hidden: 1 trophy each from Lumines Electronic Symphony and Hamsterball, 2 from Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD, 3 from Last of us PS3 and 4 from Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom. If this won't be a problem, definitely count me in :D

I'll join, thanks!

Added, welcome to the contest Ski-Skate!

:shakefist:  My good friend who I stayed with my first week there (before finding an apartment) tried to get me to eat that stuff.  She loved it, but it was awful.  How bout we compromise... you eat the vegemite, and I'll eat a pack of tim tams, lol (god i miss those...)

Lol did she try to get you to eat it by the spoonful? It's a nice little trick that we like to play on foreigners because nobody (well at least nobody I know) eats it like that. Tim Tams are excellent! I though that we started exporting those ages ago, selling them to the US seems like a no-brainer.

You can count me in!

Added, welcome to the contest bwt1088!

Not at all. I have hidden: 1 trophy each from Lumines Electronic Symphony and Hamsterball, 2 from Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD, 3 from Last of us PS3 and 4 from Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom. If this won't be a problem, definitely count me in :D

Maybe we could work around the no hidden trophies rule? If a contestant provides a list of games and the number of trophies for each game they have hidden then it could work, that way both yourself and feral611 can enter. Although it does create extra work and would rely upon contestants being completely honest by providing accurate information and not hiding or un-hiding trophies throughout the season. Also by allowing it then it opens the door for contestants to hide trophies before the season commences to alter statistics. I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks about this, I'm still on the side of no hidden trophies as it's nice and clean.

Maybe we could work around the no hidden trophies rule? If a contestant provides a list of games and the number of trophies for each game they have hidden then it could work, that way both yourself and feral611 can enter. Although it does create extra work and would rely upon contestants being completely honest by providing accurate information and not hiding or un-hiding trophies throughout the season. Also by allowing it then it opens the door for contestants to hide trophies before the season commences to alter statistics. I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks about this, I'm still on the side of no hidden trophies as it's nice and clean.

Sounds like a good work around. I'd definitely be in if something like that was set up.

Lol did she try to get you to eat it by the spoonful? It's a nice little trick that we like to play on foreigners because nobody (well at least nobody I know) eats it like that. Tim Tams are excellent! I though that we started exporting those ages ago, selling them to the US seems like a no-brainer.

Nah, we were close (like almost more than friends), she wouldn't do that to me.  If my memory serves, she spread it on toast, but it was still pretty awful.  And tim tams are so awesome, but I have not seen them here anywhere.  One of my coworkers is Australian and whenever she goes home to visit she comes back with a few packs of em.  You would think that in a country like the US where everyone is obese and loves sweets that you'd be able to find such a delicious treat.