Who wants to play Tales of Symphonia Chronicles?

Superbuu3

How many hours took you the first playthrough? You went just for the story and trophies related to your character or as many guides recommend You tried to get as much trophies as possible?

If you're that decided to go for the plat I'd suggest to spend at the very least a minimum of 120 hours doing side quests, mini games and the like. This will make the other 4 playtroughs an extreme breeze.

Good luck to everyone involved with this, your patience will be tested xD.

I'll join in. I've been looking for an opportunity to join an event like this for a game I hadn't already finished :P.

I'll be a late joiner though, already finished the first game. After those 7 playthroughs I had a bit of difficulty finding the motivation to start the seconds one.

This might be just the motivation I need to get through it :).

Looks like we have 10 so should be going ahead as planned. We'll likely be flexible on the first playthrough, Im likely just going to link the guides and people can use there own discretion on how much they want to do this aided or not, I'll keep note of any specific pointers for trophies that can be obtained on the first playthrough (that are missable, but still obtainable regardless of choices). Its probably better if we set points and each find our own routes there, but it does seem we can pretty much do what we like on a first playthrough.

As the game requires multiple playthroughs for the plat I think it would be more fun to not be so rigid.

• Like 1

Looks like we have 10 so should be going ahead as planned. We'll likely be flexible on the first playthrough, Im likely just going to link the guides and people can use there own discretion on how much they want to do this aided or not, I'll keep note of any specific pointers for trophies that can be obtained on the first playthrough (that are missable, but still obtainable regardless of choices). Its probably better if we set points and each find our own routes there, but it does seem we can pretty much do what we like on a first playthrough.

As the game requires multiple playthroughs for the plat I think it would be more fun to not be so rigid.

Sounds good!! I'm really looking forward to this!

Also, you guys are making me wish I had held off on Xillia 1&2 - a we play would have been so much fun  -_-

Sounds good!! I'm really looking forward to this!

Also, you guys are making me wish I had held off on Xillia 1&2 - a we play would have been so much fun  -_-

Pretty much this. Although I don't have platinum in these games so maybe I will play alongside everyone else.

Im thinking about joining since i want to get into the series and i'd like to try the we play out :D

But i have a question. Does it matter which game of the Tales of series i play first story wise? 

Because Tales of Graces f got released before symphonia.

It doesn't matter which game you play first. It's like Final Fantasy. Every installment is a story for itself.

And symphonia was released long before graces (I think sometime in 2003). For the PS3 we got a remake of these games.

So there would be no problem in joining us :)

Im thinking about joining since i want to get into the series and i'd like to try the we play out :D

But i have a question. Does it matter which game of the Tales of series i play first story wise? 

They are not related so jump on board =D

Plus, one is supposed to play Graces in Japanese :awesome:

It does not matter which one you play first. All Tales of games have their own separate story and are otherwise unrelated unless they're a direct sequel like Xillia 2 or Symphonia DotNW. Also Symphonia came out for the Gamecube. :P

You might only miss out on the obligatory cameo fights in every post-game but most of those characters are pre-PS3 anyway.

ninja'd twice

Edited by Xhillia

Well it's going to be the first time i'm going to join a "we play" but i figure if i don't, Symphonia is going to be unfinished for a long long time so you can sign me up too.

Already reached the first checkpoint a while ago.

Haha, yeah that was my situation. I kept buying the games due to everyone going on about how great they were, but then I'd not play them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can one sign up to join the We Play of the second game, Tales of the Dawn, even if he didn't sign up for the original game, or do you have to be part of the whole series? I re-purchased Tales of Symphonia Chronicles but it was way after this started and I don't think I could join in for that game now. I would be playing semi-blind but it would sound interesting.

Can one sign up to join the We Play of the second game, Tales of the Dawn, even if he didn't sign up for the original game, or do you have to be part of the whole series? I re-purchased Tales of Symphonia Chronicles but it was way after this started and I don't think I could join in for that game now. I would be playing semi-blind but it would sound interesting.

Yeah thats not an issue i'll bump this topic closer to that time. It seems like everyone slowed down majorly being busy over the holidays.