"Need for Speed" trophy glitch?

So I was going through working on the speed run trophy and realized late that I was going to slow and wasn't going to make the 2:30 time frame. I decided to continue anyway just to unlock the "The Fat and the Furious" trophy and had already given in to the fact that I'll have to redo it all over again. However, when I beat the game, the "Need for Speed" trophy unlocked and I don't believe it was supposed to. Has this happened to anyone else? Or have any ideas as to why this happened? 

There are only a couple reasons I can think of as to why this occurred...

1. It's just a straight up glitch and I was lucky
  2. The game didn't count the time for all my deaths/restarting check points (which I did die more than I'll ever admit to)
  3. The game doesn't count the cut scenes where the timer is still running

I attached a screenshot from my game showing my time and the trophy unlocking. 

post-152493-0-75497400-1445433308_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Weird result. 

I think 1 is the most likely explanation because the game will count the time you wasted after dying or in cutscenes for the chapter specific times you need to achieve. I failed my attempt at one of the chapter specific runs by a couple of seconds after dying once. If the game had not counted my time wasted by dying or my time watching in-game cutscenes, then the trophy should have popped. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Went for "A Speedy Reunion" yesterday and found it pretty easy. Got 6 min 30 sec. on second try. Unfortunately the trophy didn't pop. I've done it in chapter select of course.

When I go to chapter select though, whenever I try to select something I get info that "stats, trophies, etc. will be unavailable in this mode". What the hell?! Isn't chapter selection mode exactly for trophy hunting and things like that? Is this normal? How the hell should I speedrun single chapters then?!

123.jpg

"Well, thanks a lot! That's a very useful mode then..."

Edited by NarcissusBaz

Went for "A Speedy Reunion" yesterday and found it pretty easy. Got 6 min 30 sec. on second try. Unfortunately the trophy didn't pop. I've done it in chapter select of course.

When I go to chapter select though, whenever I try to select something I get info that "stats, trophies, etc. will be unavailable in this mode". What the hell?! Isn't chapter selection mode exactly for trophy hunting and things like that? Is this normal? How the hell should I speedrun single chapters then?!

123.jpg

"Well, thanks a lot! That's a very useful mode then..."

Sounds like you're in Explorer difficulty. Change it to Easy.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone confirm if this glitch works on Uncharted 2? I'm on the penultimate chapter and I have around 15 minutes left to finish it.

Nope and you can't really reproduce it consistently in Uncharted 1 anyways. 

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. I'm curious about this glitch. I hate time trial mode, it could help me.

Does this work randomly or for all of you ?

Does this depend on the version of the game (i'm on the 1.00)

Thanks for your answeres, need for speed and fast and furious are my last trophies.

EDIT : I just finished my game in time trial... and i got my last trophies !!

I got a 2.23.00 lol. It was really close.

I was desesperate but finaly did it ! Youhou

Edited by Darky-Ced

• 7 months later...
On 7/3/2017 at 8:30 AM, TrophieHunting said:

Hello Friends. I endet my speedrun in 1:32 hrs using The wall glitch. I also change my Skin in Drake Fatty but both Trophies didnt pop For me?! Can somebody Tell me what im doing wrong? That was The Second Time now that Happens. 

You must complete all the chapters for both trophies, if you used to the wall glitch to skip a chapter (for example if you used it in chap 18 to skip chap 18 and 19) you will not get the trophy because you need a continuous speed run, it means that you need to clear all chapters. But you can skip some parts of chap, for example in chap 4 you can glitch to skip the fights, but you must finish the chapter.

On my first try I got 2:49, I spent like 20 extra minutes jumping and dying over the church and just got the fatty trophy. On the second try i learned how to use the check point "exploit" and got the trophy in 2:12.

I really hate speed runs.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JamnLycan_US said:

You must complete all the chapters for both trophies, if you used to the wall glitch to skip a chapter (for example if you used it in chap 18 to skip chap 18 and 19) you will not get the trophy because you need a continuous speed run, it means that you need to clear all chapters. But you can skip some parts of chap, for example in chap 4 you can glitch to skip the fights, but you must finish the chapter.

On my first try I got 2:49, I spent like 20 extra minutes jumping and dying over the church and just got the fatty trophy. On the second try i learned how to use the check point "exploit" and got the trophy in 2:12.

I really hate speed runs.

Thank you so much For youre help! I gor The trophy now! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

im about to attempt this 2 trophies and i noticed the wording is different 1 of the trophies say continious the other says complete speedrun so what i think that happened is this:

when you went for your plat the 3 maps you did had very good times. so i think when you finish your continious speedrun it counts all ur best times even the ones u did with chapter select and then decides to pop the trophies. just my 2 cents tho. but achieving a complete speedrun might mean u could set some really good times in chapter select  and then do an continious 1 to pop the trophy.

edit: it might be worth it for people who had it glitch to count al ur seperate times together if u go to chapter select and see if ur total time is below 150 minutes. I prolly wont be able to confirm my theory as im planning to pop the trophies at the same time but might be worth it for people who had it glitch in a good way to count the maps seperately

second edit: i failed to get 2,5 hours and tried to get below 150 minutes in chapter select then replay the last chapter but didnt pop :(

Edited by luckyegg
spelling errors