Cutscenes

harsly

You ain't alone ma friend,since the videos showed at E3 I was afraid this would happen.Won't go so far as to the point of not getting the game but yes that's a terrible mistake,devs need to learn that real people and game don't mix(you know what I mean).I already don't like when they make live-action trailers for games let alone make the whole cut-scenes in the game live-action.I'm extremely bothered by this.

Live action or not, I just can't bring myself to care about any of the characters. Neither they or their motivations are really that interesting, but what can you expect from a racing game? It's not the best place to try and introduce some deep and meaningful story.

I wonder how much of their budget went into acting all this out and getting these racing celebrities(?) to make appearances. I'm just not interested and I could've done without it all :(

• Like 2

I'll take live action cutscenes of actual famous people in the street racing scene over really badly done models of said people. Also it's a racing game. Out of probably 25ish hours of gameplay you're looking at most 50 minutes of cutscenes spread out over that 25 hours. First world problems.

You look very open minded, making this topic very useful for discussion. Good job. (:

You're probably being sarcastic, but I didn't make this thread to bash the game. I was just wondering if anyone shares my opinion.

Live action or not, I just can't bring myself to care about any of the characters. Neither they or their motivations are really that interesting, but what can you expect from a racing game? It's not the best place to try and introduce some deep and meaningful story.

I wonder how much of their budget went into acting all this out and getting these racing celebrities(?) to make appearances. I'm just not interested and I could've done without it all :(

I'm not looking for a meaningful story in a racing game, but it would be nice if the cutscenes didn't look like a teen movie on disney channel.  :D

The "say what you want" part was meant for me not buying the game solely because of the cutscenes.

Yeah yeah yeah, the classical "this is my opinion and I'll shove it down your throat, no matter what you think" thread.

You still not buying the game if all cutscenes are skippable before they start playing?

Yeah yeah yeah, the classical "this is my opinion and I'll shove it down your throat, no matter what you think" thread.

You still not buying the game if all cutscenes are skippable before they start playing?

Actually no, I don't know on what base you're making this assumption but it's ok, you have the right to. :)

And I don't know, maybe I would if I liked the gameplay enough to compensate for the cutscenes. 

I think the live action thing is OKAY. It's just the characters, the dialogue and their cringey constant fist bumping which is irritating. If they made a really interesting plot with better characters I think it could work well. What I really hate is how they are constantly calling you on the phone during gameplay.

I think the live action thing is OKAY. It's just the characters, the dialogue and their cringey constant fist bumping which is irritating. If they made a really interesting plot with better characters I think it could work well. What I really hate is how they are constantly calling you on the phone during gameplay.

yeah that's what i think as well.

the story starts off pretty lame too, yeah you are a good driver they say and instantly let you join them and even the garage. i think to make it this far you have to prove yourself - so yeah cutscenes are "ok" but nothing more. they overact with their childish behavior too much.

i pray the ingame battery of this damn phone crashes and they won't be able to call any more...

• 1 month later...

This thread is everything I've been looking for. Do people like this exist in real life with the way they talk and act? I hate that it came out in the year of 'bae' too xD 

Spike is definitely the most annoying with the way he touches his stupid hat every now and then when he talks to you. I feel sorry for the 'Risky Devil' crew. They look so awkward in the scenes. 

I find it funny with all the monster energy product placement too...suppose its better not to encourage drink driving but maybe all the caffeine is why Spike is so twitchy. 

Although the scenes are cringy as hell, there is some story and the game overall isnt that bad.

I like them they don't bother me but they just don't make sense at all. Amy for example, she is under a car all the time yet she looks perfectly okay with perfect make up no oil at all.
I mean, if you're making some cutscenes at least put your back on it to make it just a little bit realistic.

• Like 1

I don't think that Live/Real-shot cutscenes aren't bad - a certain level of realism is always nice. And they are shot pretty well, I have to say.

But the content is more than awful, I have to agree. But all NfS games have a dumb story: "New racer comes to a town, where gazillions of people race and police can't do anything against it. New racer ranks up and gets respect by others." It's just utter nonsense..

But most people probably play it for the sake of gameplay/racing and not a realistic story - at least so do I :)

NFS Most Wanted and NFS Carbon were both Live Action and guess what? Both games were freaking great, and everyoe loved them. I think you never played those games.

Those two, including Underground and Underground 2 were my Fav NFS games of ALL Time.

Actually, I've played Most Wanted AND Carbon, but on PSP and I guess that didn't bother me as an 11 year old.  :lol:

And I've played through the new game in the last two days and while I don't think it's terrible, I'm still happy I borrowed it from a friend instead of buying it. :P

Actually, I've played Most Wanted AND Carbon, but on PSP and I guess that didn't bother me as an 11 year old.  :lol:

And I've played through the new game in the last two days and while I don't think it's terrible, I'm still happy I borrowed it from a friend instead of buying it. :P

Naaaaah man, Most Wanted and Carbon PSP versions are not even 1/100th of the games on PS2. You need to play those if you haven't. Most Wanted can be bought digitally on PS3 PSN store, in the case of NFS Carbon the game was released on disc for PS3, sad thing is that it doesn't have trophies.

Naaaaah man, Most Wanted and Carbon PSP versions are not even 1/100th of the games on PS2. You need to play those if you haven't. Most Wanted can be bought digitally on PS3 PSN store, in the case of NFS Carbon the game was released on disc for PS3, sad thing is that it doesn't have trophies.

I am planning on getting some NFS's since I like having a racing game to play when I can't be bothered with a heavier game I'm playing. Might pick them up ;)