Your Next Game - The Lottery 3 (event closed)

I've just mopped up the last 3 trophies for my 8th platinum - God of War Ascension.

I will buy Catherine as soon as I pick up a PSN card (probably tomorrow); it's £15.99 on the UK Playstation Store.

It's quite a big download at 9.3 GB, so it might be a few days before I can start.

Catherine is on sale every month or two it seems. I got mine for $10 US a couple years ago.

1) yep, English voices are still there - Jiang Wei and Yue Jin stick out as being… memorable, to say the least :P there's the option for Japanese voices I think, if it's not there I'm so sorry haha

2) I personally played as Wang Yuanji because she's my favourite character - for the Chaos Mode playthrough she was amazing for spamming the throwing knives until all 3 Musou bars were full then doing the aerial music (X+O) when in a crowd of people, especially with the flying swords as her second weapon, but she can't take too many hits unless you have defence weapons/skills attached - if that's not your thing, I would recommend characters like Lu Bu, Zhong Hui and other characters who tend to be quite strong with a fair bit of defence.

…aaaand I apparently love talking about dynasty warriors :facepalm: I hope some of that is useful xD

And yeah, I discovered that a few minutes ago :P it's no worries though! I think it's being sorted out haha

Don't worry, no charges will be pressed... for now  :ninja:

But really, it's all good haha - I've been debating getting it for a while so this works out perfectly! I managed to find a pre-owned version while I was out and about today, but the code for X-2 wasn't with it so I hope that's okay.

(Fun fact: you know what game was beside it in the store?

Goddamn Tearaway xD)

Quick question now that I have the game though - do we all start playing on the 1st December or is it a case of once you get the game you start playing? I'm okay waiting, I'm just curious!

Sweet, Pirate Warriors didn't have an English dub and I was worried that Koei Tecmo may have done the same to Dynasty Warriors. I'll try out the characters you recommended and hopefully one will fit my playstyle as I do prefer swift characters that are at least average when it comes to health and defense. If I'm not mistaken Jim Sterling loved the game so much that it got covered in a sticky goo that's NSFW, so it has to mean that it's the zenith of that genre.

Now that I've seen that you're in the We Play Tales of Symphonia and Final Fantasy X may affect your playthrough, sorry about that. I selected it as it's on the top three games I've played on the Vita and with a catalogue of about a dozen Vita games I've played, that choice was easy to make. Final Fantasy X may even be an appropriate companion piece to Tales of Symphonia as both contain themes of the relationships in a family, the clash of cultures between a dominant theocracy and other independents, and the responsibility of individuals that are set upon by others. Hopefully you'll enjoy both JRPGs and I would recommend to avoid Dawn of the New World if you enjoyed Tales of Symphonia as it flanderizes the main characters of the original and even destroys the character development of some characters just for some contrived plot points.

I've just mopped up the last 3 trophies for my 8th platinum - God of War Ascension.

I will buy Catherine as soon as I pick up a PSN card (probably tomorrow); it's £15.99 on the UK Playstation Store.

It's quite a big download at 9.3 GB, so it might be a few days before I can start.

It was on sale 1-2weeks ago for 4.99€ xD

Getter done! PoP 08 was a lot of fun, but getting those light seeds is definitely tedious. I've still gotta plat that game on ps3, but im not quite sure where my copy has disappeared to... :S

Cass, christmas!? Plus you got a long game too xD speaking of which, I should have Okami downloded by tuesday so looking forward to starting that. 

You will be jelly off my Fallout 4 plat !!! If i plat it for dec :D

55c32bca561f2511868ba0ca50c9f418.jpg

• Like 1

I think the memory was more erased from my Mother's mind. :lol:

I was visiting her and read the post aloud and asked, "When is Black Friday?" and she replied, "The week before Thanksgiving." :| Good job, Mother. Way to be 1,000 years old. :lol:

If it's $5 on Black Friday, I'd totally wait until then. :)

• Like 2

What you think off Star Wars: Battlefront its good game?

I love it! I've already got 10+ hours into it and still going strong. Been playing with friends almost the entire time though, so I cant speak about how much fun it is by yourself. All the game modes are fun and interesting though.

• Like 2

Does anyone else get the feeling that, even though this thread has 200 replies and 4,000 views in 5 days, it still feels kinda sluggish and nobody is really talking much?

Am I the only one that feels this way?

We all just talk behind your back. You probably don't want to know what we say about you.

• Like 3

I agree that 200 replies in 5 days is pretty sweet, considering it's a 45 day event and we should probably pace ourselves anyway. :lol:

I guess we could talk about anything; if anyone has holiday plans, or something as small as if people have ordered/received their game yet. :dunno:

It's probably a good time to also mention; we established in past installments of The Lottery that, for the sake of the viewer, it would be beneficial if, any time we have the opportunity to say "my game", we should actually use the title of the game so they can follow along with us on our journeys much more easily. :)

Sorry guys, I basically spent yesterday either sleeping or playing Final Fantasy X (which I'll talk more about towards the end since I'm gonna reply to some things now) but I'll try to be more active here! ^_^

*snip!*

I couldn't believe it when I saw it, I thought it was hilarious haha. Yeah I was going to be patient and see if a version with X-2 would crop up on eBay but I saw it in the store and immediately impulse bought it so this is all on me xD I don't think you can get it separately sadly, but if I enjoy X enough I'll try to find a way to play it! My run of X can be a 'how not to play this game' guide for when you start your version :P

I've no idea if Castlevania is a long game or not, but you can always keep working on PoP until the first and then start playing Castlevania? Or you can try multitasking and playing both, but I've no idea if that can be done with those two games xD I'm looking forward to Cass's christmas commentary on Fallout 4 too!!

Sweet, Pirate Warriors didn't have an English dub and I was worried that Koei Tecmo may have done the same to Dynasty Warriors. I'll try out the characters you recommended and hopefully one will fit my playstyle as I do prefer swift characters that are at least average when it comes to health and defense. If I'm not mistaken Jim Sterling loved the game so much that it got covered in a sticky goo that's NSFW, so it has to mean that it's the zenith of that genre.

Now that I've seen that you're in the We Play Tales of Symphonia and Final Fantasy X may affect your playthrough, sorry about that. I selected it as it's on the top three games I've played on the Vita and with a catalogue of about a dozen Vita games I've played, that choice was easy to make. Final Fantasy X may even be an appropriate companion piece to Tales of Symphonia as both contain themes of the relationships in a family, the clash of cultures between a dominant theocracy and other independents, and the responsibility of individuals that are set upon by others. Hopefully you'll enjoy both JRPGs and I would recommend to avoid Dawn of the New World if you enjoyed Tales of Symphonia as it flanderizes the main characters of the original and even destroys the character development of some characters just for some contrived plot points.

Recently they've only been using the Japanese dub in their games and there's no English dub (8 Empires comes to mind as one of them), but thankfully there was English in this one. Wang Yuanji is one of, if not the fastest character in the game in terms of attack (with the throwing knives) and running speed so she could fit your criteria! I almost always didn't use a horse when playing as her because she was pretty fast
HA well that's one hell of a reaction :P I know a few people who prefer 7 (which is the opposite for me personally, I despised 7 most of the time I was playing it) but they changed the layout of most of the battlefields and there's a load of new characters who are awesome so it almost immediately replaced 4 as my favourite. I'm really hoping that you enjoy it xD

haha you're fine!! We're currently playing a few hours every week or so so I'm hoping that I can balance it all out. I'm beginning to notice some similarities between them which is really cool, and a lot of the points you made are beginning to make themselves known in the plot - what a time to be playing both games at the same time haha. I think the plan is to play DOtNW after the original so thankfully we can all suffer together :P from what I've heard it tarnishes the original plot pretty bad, which is a real shame since the first one is currently really interesting  :shakefist:

Apparently gamestop will have freedom wars for $5 on black Friday. Now the question is, do I wait for that, or just get it now?

I think I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but I would wait - $5 seems like a bargain!

What this place really needs is some blackjack tables, and hookers. I bet that would get the people to start talking.

Now we're talking! Maybe in future lottery's this will become a staple addition :P

On topic: I decided to start playing FFX yesterday and I'm kicking myself for not starting it sooner because man this game is good (as of now :P). I'm one of the few people that loves turn-based combat so this was a nice addition and the story is quite interesting but I'm hoping that I don't get lost. I'm roughly 8 hours in, mostly because I'm doing a blind run first and I'm trying to find all of the Al Bhed dictionaries and the chests before I move on with the plot, but things are beginning to pick up - I'm super curious about what's going to happen, although I think I remember something happening to one of the characters like at the end of the game so it's making everything a bit sad haha.

I'm going to try to play more of it tonight, but I realised that I'm behind on all my anime and some of Digimon Tri is finally out so that's taking precedence for now xD Hopefully anyone who's currently playing their game is having a blast!

Edit: I can't believe I forgot to mention something about FFX that's stuck with me - Blitzball. Why is this a thing. I can't play it for the life of me. I was having a blast playing the game until I played Blitzball and realised I suck. I'm hoping that by the end of my first playthrough I'll be better at it but ugh it was really irritating!

Edited by kittyxiii
  • Like 2