Your Next Game - The Lottery 3 (event closed)

Kitty, you're supposed to suck the first time you play. It's very hard to win that first game unless you really know what you're doing and even then it's pretty luck based. That being said, the reward for winning that first tournament is really pretty pathetic. Seriously, it's like a hi-potion or something. The game is much better if you wait until you have the airship and can fly around recruiting people.

You'll most likely never get lost in this game. It's pretty linear up until the very end. Glad you're enjoying it.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

Akira, you're supposed to suck the first time you play. It's very hard to win that first game unless you really know what you're doing and even then it's pretty luck based. That being said, the reward for winning that first tournament is really pretty pathetic. Seriously, it's like a hi-potion or something. The game is much better if you wait until you have the airship and can fly around recruiting people.

You'll most likely never get lost in this game. It's pretty linear up until the very end. Glad you're enjoying it.

Dat aint Akira, similar avatar ;P I hated the first blitzball tournament and didnt really play much further after that. Its on my backlog on vita though. 

• Like 1

Way to crush the tiny bit of conversation momentum that was starting, Hemiak. :giggle:

If there's ever another time that you can't tell them apart, just remember that Akira's the one with the penis; that's usually a dead giveaway. :P

Well, I'm still picking away at PoP; normally 1-3 trophies per day. I'm not gonna be able to plat it this playthrough because I'm gonna be over 12 hours and I'm almost certain that I've died more than 100 times :lol: and I never knew about the patch exploit. :(

Oh well. The PP leaderboards just updated and I'm still hanging on to the 3rd spot so, PoP :platinum: #5/5 can wait for a bit. :)

To be honest, I kind of want to play FFX now. :ninja: I like turn-based too. I really enjoyed Child of Light. ^_^

• Like 2

Way to crush the tiny bit of conversation momentum that was starting, Hemiak. :giggle:

If there's ever another time that you can't tell them apart, just remember that Akira's the one with the penis; that's usually a dead giveaway. :P

Well, I'm still picking away at PoP; normally 1-3 trophies per day. I'm not gonna be able to plat it this playthrough because I'm gonna be over 12 hours and I'm almost certain that I've died more than 100 times :lol: and I never knew about the patch exploit. :(

Oh well. The PP leaderboards just updated and I'm still hanging on to the 3rd spot so, PoP :platinum: #5/5 can wait for a bit. :)

To be honest, I kind of want to play FFX now. :ninja: I like turn-based too. I really enjoyed Child of Light. ^_^

I wonder about that patch exploit, reckon you can delete it now and then reinstall it at the end? Cant hurt to try, unless its been proven to not work (im too lazy to research it xD )

I got bumped off the top 5 :( Too many JRPG PP threads and I have so very few JRPG plats lol. Ive been going between Destiny, Driveclub Bikes, and Battlefront past few days, making small progress in each. Im only 3 trophies away from the Destiny plat but the grinding is dire. 

Damn it, I tied to sneaky edit the post as I noticed it about 2 min later. Apparently not quick enough. :(

I wouldn't worry about the deaths and speed run man. I got both on my first play through way before I started actively trophy hunting, and I finished that run with like 800+ light seeds.

• Like 1

Kitty, you're supposed to suck the first time you play. It's very hard to win that first game unless you really know what you're doing and even then it's pretty luck based. That being said, the reward for winning that first tournament is really pretty pathetic. Seriously, it's like a hi-potion or something. The game is much better if you wait until you have the airship and can fly around recruiting people.

I had a feeling that it was purposefully hard to win the first time around, but I was still determined to win xD I'm glad that I wasn't missing anything too important by losing though, that was the main reason I was gunning for it. It's easy enough to keep up with for now but I know that somewhere down the line I'll get confused  :shakefist:

Dat aint Akira, similar avatar ;P I hated the first blitzball tournament and didnt really play much further after that. Its on my backlog on vita though. 

Yeah I'm currently just a bit past it cause it killed my momentum a bit haha. I hope you enjoy it when you start playing it again!! (:

You know, I've been thinking about changing my icon but now that I'm causing some confusion I maaay keep it for a bit longer  :giggle:

Play FFX. Do iiiiittt. I mean, as long as you have the time and it won't mess with PoP or Castlevania, in which case dooon't play it xD also it's nice to see some Child of Light love, it's such a great game - the turn-based fighting always stuck out to me (especially with Igniculus slowing the enemies down, that was really cool).

...Now I want to replay CoL, dammit haha

• Like 1

It looks as though we're distracting each other with our games. :lol:

I'm gonna put in a couple of hours with Prince of Persia tonight and get a few more trophies but, this weekend seems like more like a chillax weekend; do a load of laundry, have a nice shower, lounge around in my pajamas, watch some West Wing dvds, visit family for coffee, have some good food and make some plans for the holiday season.

I've always got my phone within arm's reach so, I'll be bummin' around the thread and the chat box, hoping for errant conversation (like I do every day). :ninja:

Sorry guys, I basically spent yesterday either sleeping or playing Final Fantasy X (which I'll talk more about towards the end since I'm gonna reply to some things now) but I'll try to be more active here! ^_^

I couldn't believe it when I saw it, I thought it was hilarious haha. Yeah I was going to be patient and see if a version with X-2 would crop up on eBay but I saw it in the store and immediately impulse bought it so this is all on me xD I don't think you can get it separately sadly, but if I enjoy X enough I'll try to find a way to play it! My run of X can be a 'how not to play this game' guide for when you start your version :P

Recently they've only been using the Japanese dub in their games and there's no English dub (8 Empires comes to mind as one of them), but thankfully there was English in this one. Wang Yuanji is one of, if not the fastest character in the game in terms of attack (with the throwing knives) and running speed so she could fit your criteria! I almost always didn't use a horse when playing as her because she was pretty fast

HA well that's one hell of a reaction :P I know a few people who prefer 7 (which is the opposite for me personally, I despised 7 most of the time I was playing it) but they changed the layout of most of the battlefields and there's a load of new characters who are awesome so it almost immediately replaced 4 as my favourite. I'm really hoping that you enjoy it xD

haha you're fine!! We're currently playing a few hours every week or so so I'm hoping that I can balance it all out. I'm beginning to notice some similarities between them which is really cool, and a lot of the points you made are beginning to make themselves known in the plot - what a time to be playing both games at the same time haha. I think the plan is to play DOtNW after the original so thankfully we can all suffer together :P from what I've heard it tarnishes the original plot pretty bad, which is a real shame since the first one is currently really interesting  :shakefist:

On topic: I decided to start playing FFX yesterday and I'm kicking myself for not starting it sooner because man this game is good (as of now :P). I'm one of the few people that loves turn-based combat so this was a nice addition and the story is quite interesting but I'm hoping that I don't get lost. I'm roughly 8 hours in, mostly because I'm doing a blind run first and I'm trying to find all of the Al Bhed dictionaries and the chests before I move on with the plot, but things are beginning to pick up - I'm super curious about what's going to happen, although I think I remember something happening to one of the characters like at the end of the game so it's making everything a bit sad haha.

I'm going to try to play more of it tonight, but I realised that I'm behind on all my anime and some of Digimon Tri is finally out so that's taking precedence for now xD Hopefully anyone who's currently playing their game is having a blast!

Edit: I can't believe I forgot to mention something about FFX that's stuck with me - Blitzball. Why is this a thing. I can't play it for the life of me. I was having a blast playing the game until I played Blitzball and realised I suck. I'm hoping that by the end of my first playthrough I'll be better at it but ugh it was really irritating!

I'm optomistic for Dynasty Warriors 8 and I was planning to play the core series, but that might not have happened until 2018. Fortunately you selected the most recent one and I guess I'll check out Dynasty Warriors 7 next year to see what was missing between versions and maybe I'll enjoy it to a similar degree to DW 8. If Dynasty Warriors 9 is created perhaps an English dub can be released as I've always seen it as part of its nostalgic charm. Yuanji being faster than a hourse sounds hilarious and I'll have to see if she can rival Sonic the Hedgehog.

Ouch, hopefully your group takes a few weeks off after finishing Tales of Symphonia before heading into the sequel as that game is pretty bad; for example, the first chapter has a monologue between two characters and two minutes later the protagonist does a flash back to that scene. Gladsheim is gonna be a bore if you go through it as it takes hours and it uses four rooms repeatedly to pad out its random dungeon design. I don't know how this game is so bad when Tales of Graces was on the Wii as well and that game turned out to be alright.

It's nice to hear that you're enjoying Final Fantasy X and yeah, it sucks that the Vita version has X-2 as a voucher without a PSN store option at least. Since you're doing a blind playthrough and I do want to warn you about some missable Al Bhed Primers, I'll hide it in a spoiler.

Three of the Primers are in the Al Bhed Home and one is before entering the Bevelle Temple.

I just looked at Crunchyroll and was surprised to see Digimon Tri as episodes; I thought it was coming out in three films. Thanks for the heads up and I'll watch the four episodes tomorrow and see how the Digidestined have grown up with season 2 taking part in an alternate universe(again, another sequel that does a disservice to the original work).

I woke up and was immediately shocked to find only 1 notification (and that was a Like on a post I made months ago). :(

No posts here in 12 hours! :jaymon:

I played Prince of Persia 08 for about an hour last night and managed to score 4 pretty quick trophies in about 25 minutes. :D It was one of those things where a bunch of different requirements just happen to be met within the vacinity of each other.

I took a cruise around the profiles and noticed that we've already got 2 folks playing their assigned games (kitty playing FFX and cybershark playing Wolfenstein Old Blood). It makes me wanna stop playing PoP sooner so I can join in on the fun. :S

Have a good Sunday. :)

Just returned from my gamejam weekend :D 

And reached chapter 2 at Wolfenstein The old blood.  It's not as bad as I expected :D For a shooter quite an interesting story. I like the enemy design. Really nice, especially the cyber dogs :D 

The NIghtmare lvls were fun. finished the first 2 and got trophys for that. So far: 05/51 trophys. Still a long way to go. 

Fun fact: I died in the Prolog like 12 times  :rolleyes: at the same fight on medium difficulty. Yeah, I'm really not that good with shootergames ^^' 

• Like 2

Well, that was pretty unexpected. :hmm:

I was just picking away at Prince of Persia 08, beat the 4th boss, healed the last spot, had 900+ light seeds and thought, "Geez, I'm doin' alright, here. I should check out this final boss and get a few more trophies. Then, all I'll have left to do is a speedrun and a tiny bit of cleanup." :)

I beat the game, got a few more trophies, watched the credits and then DING! DING! :o

I have no clue how it happened but, the two trophies that had me thinking I needed to do a second playthrough for, less than 100 deaths and under 12 hours, both unlocked. :|

I'm almost 100% positive I died more than 100 times and I even checked my stats and found I beat the game in 12hr 51min. :dunno:

I have no clue how it happened but, I don't care. :lol:

It looks like that 5/5 Prince of Persia PP might come faster than I thought and then I'll be able to start Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. :D

Amazing luck! I don't think that ever has happened to me, but then again I only have 13 platinums. :P

EDIT: I meant 14...Just got the Danganronpa plat yesterday.

Edited by Edunstar84

I was just picking away at Prince of Persia 08, beat the 4th boss, healed the last spot, had 900+ light seeds and thought, "Geez, I'm doin' alright, here. I should check out this final boss and get a few more trophies. Then, all I'll have left to do is a speedrun and a tiny bit of cleanup." :)

I beat the game, got a few more trophies, watched the credits and then DING! DING! :o

I have no clue how it happened but, the two trophies that had me thinking I needed to do a second playthrough for, less than 100 deaths and under 12 hours, both unlocked. :|

I'm almost 100% positive I died more than 100 times and I even checked my stats and found I beat the game in 12hr 51min. :dunno:

It looks like that 5/5 Prince of Persia PP might come faster than I thought and then I'll be able to start Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. :D

As I told you in the chat box days ago, those trophies pop regardless of your number of deaths and/or how long it takes you :P

I think either they patched it to make the trophies easier, or the patch broke it.

• Like 2

Wolfenstein: The old blood. 

Trophy count: 09/51

Finished Chapter 03 and I start to get better. I'm not dying that often anymore :D So that's probably a good thing. Maybe the plat isn't that unreachable for me then I thought.

Cool, that the trophys still popped. I also have to play Prince of Persia again. ONly got the plat in the very first game on PS3. I love the series and will finish it one day for sure :D

Funfact: Me and kitty are the only players, who already started with their assigned games :D

Edited by cybershark91
  • Like 1

2 trophies left in Driveclub Bikes till the plat. This expansion was awesome, but now i've got the long grind to level every bike up to 15. Also getting close to done the Destiny grind aswell. In a perfect world i'll get these 2 plats this week, pass my platinum record for the year, and then start Okami HD :D

• Like 2

2 trophies left in Driveclub Bikes till the plat. This expansion was awesome, but now i've got the long grind to level every bike up to 15. Also getting close to done the Destiny grind aswell. In a perfect world i'll get these 2 plats this week, pass my platinum record for the year, and then start Okami HD :D

do a lot off strike or pvp if you are good and the dead ghosts 

• Like 1

do a lot off strike or pvp if you are good and the dead ghosts 

Yeah ive been doing the bounties and slowly getting to level 40. Once I get to 40 with my characters, i'll be able to give them all my good weapons from my first character and do much better in PVP. For now, its strikes and bounties -_-

Thanks for the video, I still need to find like 20 more ghosts i think! 

Yeah ive been doing the bounties and slowly getting to level 40. Once I get to 40 with my characters, i'll be able to give them all my good weapons from my first character and do much better in PVP. For now, its strikes and bounties -_-

Thanks for the video, I still need to find like 20 more ghosts i think! 

If you want can help you out 

• Like 1