Banana_Sausage47

Strumillionaire

141 posts in this topic

So, I tried the method with the mixer. But due to vibrations or something, the controller turns off, and with the mixer i have, i cannot get it into a position where it would not turn of the controller. How long would it take to do 800 000 strums manually if i just disregarded everything else? would i make it in time?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've done it manually, takes about 10'000 strums in like 20-30 mins if you do it consistently, maybe more.

Through perseverance, I believe it'll be do-able within the next 9 or so days.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, gamesfourever said:

So, I tried the method with the mixer. But due to vibrations or something, the controller turns off, and with the mixer i have, i cannot get it into a position where it would not turn of the controller. How long would it take to do 800 000 strums manually if i just disregarded everything else? would i make it in time?

 

Try taping it and cushioning it with something to prevent the mixer from moving. Seems to be working for me. Did 30,000+ in 1 hour and half.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, gamesfourever said:

So, I tried the method with the mixer. But due to vibrations or something, the controller turns off, and with the mixer i have, i cannot get it into a position where it would not turn of the controller. How long would it take to do 800 000 strums manually if i just disregarded everything else? would i make it in time?

 

A good average estimate is at 25000 strums per hour (done manually)

So in 9 days you need to play 3h30 every day

 

All depends on your motivation to follow this schedule ^^'

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/11/2018 at 0:08 PM, Vladu24 said:

The pun was fucking good, man. I use it on occasion. I owe you a beer.

Thank you man. I'm actually quite proud of it haha look forward to that beer xD

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best of luck to those who are still trying to get this trophy . YOU CAN DO IT!! :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omfg, I just finished it after months. Now I don't what to do with all that time... Maybe playing my real guitar?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm about 10k strums away from it right now but I'm not too bothered about that. I hand strummed this entire grind and didn't really mind it though it was dreadfully boring

 

but... 971 notes... I just almost got done with 1000 note streak finally and I choked literally at the last moment I possibly could. I had 2 hero powers stored up too so I literally had the trophy done if I just did hero power twice. But I thought I was in a safe spot. Nope. Absolutely heartbreaking

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only just reached 50,000,000 score and have around 210k strums total. Do you think this at all possible before the end?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lewys2 said:

I only just reached 50,000,000 score and have around 210k strums total. Do you think this at all possible before the end?

i would say at this moment its pretty risky

3 hours ago, Burgins said:

I'm about 10k strums away from it right now but I'm not too bothered about that. I hand strummed this entire grind and didn't really mind it though it was dreadfully boring

 

but... 971 notes... I just almost got done with 1000 note streak finally and I choked literally at the last moment I possibly could. I had 2 hero powers stored up too so I literally had the trophy done if I just did hero power twice. But I thought I was in a safe spot. Nope. Absolutely heartbreaking

i got it today...better use the net power up which prevent you from messing up

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally done, all strums manually, took forever but now plainum looks more doable ^^

Good luck to everyone still doing it, 1 week left ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ur_Big_Bad_Papa said:

i would say at this moment its pretty risky

i got it today...better use the net power up which prevent you from messing up

 

Yup I've been using Invincibility with maxed out hero power sections. It truly is a safety net but this song is an endurance test. I had an easier time with some songs on Expert in past Rock Band games than this song on Regular in GH Live lol

Edited by Burgins
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've played a game for 3 years and had a problem with corrupted saves 3 or 4 times when i was at about 900k so you can understand all the emotions i had when i saw a corrupted save file.

So last week i bought a saw and tried to boost strums with it.

On a high speed but not the max i was able to do ~120k/hour.

It took me two evenings to get to 800k mark.

And i hope i'll finish this trophy today.

Very recommended. 

 

P.S. - guitar is okay and still working fine.

Edited by Aowba
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, King_Shrimpey said:

do you guys think i can get 600.000 today and tomorrow 

with a reciprocating saw u can get over 100k per hr according to aowba...

I was gonna try it with a mixer but then swapped to the saw. Couldn't get it the perfect speed to register...either the saw would go slower than me strumming with my fingers or it would go super fast where it wouldn't even register any strums lol (or maybe it did just none of the strums playing on basic difficulty registered on screen O.o no idea) and the controller would time out asking me to hit a button to start playing.

 

During my experiments, I ended up accidentally scratching up the side of my guitar pretty badly lol ugh, I didn't realize the angle I had the saw blade at was scrapping the side of the guitar so now the white outline around the guitar is gone where the saw blade was on oops

 

Manually is about 25k per hr... I have like 500k left to do....

 

What timezone does Activision typically pull their servers? Wondering if I have all of Dec 1 to play or is it yanked right at midnight Japan time or whatever?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, oOMementoMoriOo said:

with a reciprocating saw u can get over 100k per hr according to aowba...

I was gonna try it with a mixer but then swapped to the saw. Couldn't get it the perfect speed to register...either the saw would go slower than me strumming with my fingers or it would go super fast where it wouldn't even register any strums lol (or maybe it did just none of the strums playing on basic difficulty registered on screen O.o no idea) and the controller would time out asking me to hit a button to start playing.

 

During my experiments, I ended up accidentally scratching up the side of my guitar pretty badly lol ugh, I didn't realize the angle I had the saw blade at was scrapping the side of the guitar so now the white outline around the guitar is gone where the saw blade was on oops

 

Manually is about 25k per hr... I have like 500k left to do....

 

What timezone does Activision typically pull their servers? Wondering if I have all of Dec 1 to play or is it yanked right at midnight Japan time or whatever?

My problem is i dont have a saw and my Handmixer is overheading and that scares me xD

so i just strum normal. 

Im now 500k i also need 500k until Tomorrow night im not sure about the time... 

 

 

Yeah im asking myself the same question.... 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oOMementoMoriOo said:

with a reciprocating saw u can get over 100k per hr according to aowba...

I was gonna try it with a mixer but then swapped to the saw. Couldn't get it the perfect speed to register...either the saw would go slower than me strumming with my fingers or it would go super fast where it wouldn't even register any strums lol (or maybe it did just none of the strums playing on basic difficulty registered on screen O.o no idea) and the controller would time out asking me to hit a button to start playing.

 

During my experiments, I ended up accidentally scratching up the side of my guitar pretty badly lol ugh, I didn't realize the angle I had the saw blade at was scrapping the side of the guitar so now the white outline around the guitar is gone where the saw blade was on oops

 

Manually is about 25k per hr... I have like 500k left to do....

 

What timezone does Activision typically pull their servers? Wondering if I have all of Dec 1 to play or is it yanked right at midnight Japan time or whatever?

Not entirely sure. I know the game resets the log in days at 12am UK time, so it could even be then. I've already planned to play the online the night before to see if I get booted off after midnight 😂

 

If I were you, I would definitely keep strumming, just in case it's up longer than intended. 

Edited by Beeinhollywood
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm done!! I went through one guitar but It's done!

The mixer helped me out A LOT but this also busted one of my guitars. Luckily a guy in the next suburb was selling two which I was able to pick up and do my final ~270k which I did today.

Thank fuck that's over xD

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beeinhollywood said:

Not entirely sure. I know the game resets the log in days at 12am UK time, so it could even be then. I've already planned to play the online the night before to see if I get booted off after midnight 1f602.png

 

If I were you, I would definitely keep strumming, just in case it's up longer than intended. 

one thing i dont really get...

There are servers BUT all the statistics strumming etc are saved local ? 

Why ? xD

 

Edited by King_Shrimpey
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, King_Shrimpey said:

one thing i dont really get...

There are servers BUT all the statistics strumming etc are saved local ? 

Why ? xD

 

This isn't the first time a game has saved MP stats locally. First game that comes to mind is Enemy Front for PS3. I believe this happened for Crysis 2 as well.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm at 920k, how much time do I have left? I live in Portugal (GMT +0).

Edited by andreArri_
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, King_Shrimpey said:

one thing i dont really get...

There are servers BUT all the statistics strumming etc are saved local ? 

Why ? xD

 

I accidentally saved the wrong direction once lol USB file save onto my HD save when I was super tired ... so I lost about 4 hrs worth of stats.

 

From what I remember only my stats regarding trophy stuff was reverted to the USB save stats...when I went online to ghtv, my actual current xp & coins whatever wasn't lost, so I know that much was saved server side

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, andreArri_ said:

I'm at 920k, how much time do I have left? I live in Portugal (GMT +0).

 no really knows.....

26 minutes ago, oOMementoMoriOo said:

I accidentally saved the wrong direction once lol USB file save onto my HD save when I was super tired ... so I lost about 4 hrs worth of stats.

 

From what I remember only my stats regarding trophy stuff was reverted to the USB save stats...when I went online to ghtv, my actual current xp & coins whatever wasn't lost, so I know that much was saved server side

did u get the trophy ?

im at 700k hope to get  it in time :(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, King_Shrimpey said:

 no really knows.....

did u get the trophy ?

im at 700k hope to get  it in time :(

 

Worst case scenario is 12 pm of today. I'll get it before that.. after such a grind not getting this trophy would be so frustrating.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.