The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

I was gonna complain about Ricochet being jobbed out to Roode (who absolutely deserves at least an upper mid-card push) but what's the point?  We all know Ricochet's gonna win next week and this feud will be 50/50 booked into the ground to make sure no one cares in the end. 

Oh how I miss the days when the heels would cheat to win and the face would eventually make sure he gets what he's due in the end. Instead, we get two workers trading wins every week so the PPV match doesn't carry any interest at all.

• Like 2

Looks like Vince McMahon is already turning down the "Seth Rollins vs AJ Styles WM36 main event" dream match hopes for the fans and will probably waste it like the AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura feud. One of them might turn heel after MITB. 

9 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

So it would seem that Andrade and Aelister Black have been quietly moved to Smackdown (Fox wanted a Latino star and since Vega was going to Smackdown Aelister wanted to go there too) in exchange for Cesaro and Samoa Joe.

I noticed too and I hope that would mean something to Cesaro, considering his laid pipebomb 3 years ago on the draft when he was like, the 28th pick or something. He deserves a push right now, I mean, if Kofi happened to win a WWE title after 11 years, why can't they finally push Cesaro? And when was the last time he even got a win by using the Uppercut?

Sheamus is now single on SmackDown and so is the Intercontinental championship title, so he could redeem himself once again and become Grand Slam in the future. 

Nobody wanted the shake-up to split up couples so that's something right there. Maybe that made some people happy because they didn't like seeing Ricochet and Aleister together as a team, despite their chemistry. I didn't have a problem at all, and I still don't now that they're separate.  

• Like 1

RAW had a couple of good matches but the entertainment part was once again really bad. 

Sami Zayn is redeeming himself each and every week and I have to admit that I didn't know he could be such a good talker.

The War Experience The War Vikings The Viking Machine The Viking Raiders have a new name and so does Bobby Robert Roode these changes are so good I couldn't be more excited about RAW ! And speaking of new, this new Bray Wyatt is going to be as good as the great funkasaurus, the wrestling legend Brodus Clay ! 

Joking aside, I couldn't care less about what Raw is going to look like in the future. The universal championship match is going to end with a wonderful screwy finish at MITB and they are going to extend this "dream" match (this term is so overused it's ridiculous) until Wrestlemania 36. Hopefully I'm wrong and they finally give other superstars a push in the main event now that the samoan cancer is on smackdown live but I'm not holding my breath.

I can't wait to see what's next on smackdown live. Maybe we'll have the pleasure to see Vince's Puppy The Big Dog bury The Big Bad Dark Fallen Angel (formerly known as Aleister Black) in what should be a classic 1 star match !

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

RAW had a couple of good matches but the entertainment part was once again really bad. 

Sami Zayn is redeeming himself each and every week and I have to admit that I didn't know he could be such a good talker.

The War Experience The War Vikings The Viking Machine The Viking Raiders have a new name and so does Bobby Robert Roode these changes are so good I couldn't be more excited about RAW ! And speaking of new, this new Bray Wyatt is going to be as good as the great funkasaurus, the wrestling legend Brodus Clay ! 

Joking aside, I couldn't care less about what Raw is going to look like in the future. The universal championship match is going to end with a wonderful screwy finish at MITB and they are going to extend this "dream" match (this term is so overused it's ridiculous) until Wrestlemania 36. Hopefully I'm wrong and they finally give other superstars a push in the main event now that the samoan cancer is on smackdown live but I'm not holding my breath.

I can't wait to see what's next on smackdown live. Maybe we'll have the pleasure to see Vince's Puppy The Big Dog bury The Big Bad Dark Fallen Angel (formerly known as Aleister Black) in what should be a classic 1 star match !

Pay attention to these Bray Wyatt videos, I feel like he's going to get very dark very quickly tbh, keep an eye on the chainsaw and gloves in that video last night 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Joey said:

Pay attention to these Bray Wyatt videos, I feel like he's going to get very dark very quickly tbh, keep an eye on the chainsaw and gloves in that video last night 

Oh I know that it does have potential it's just that I felt doing an ironic post more than anything but I'm not judging Bray Wyatt's new gimmick totally for now. But even though it COULD be interesting I highly doubt that the RAW writers will be able to capitalize on it which is why I'm already feeling sorry for Bray Wyatt because he is one of their most unique talent, he has a ton of potential but he will probably never be used to the best of his abilities.

• Like 1

RAW was pretty decent. Rollins vs Styles is going to be phenomenal for sure. Since Drew McIntyre was screwed out of a victory, he might win the MITB briefcase to get the job done. There must be plans for him. Otherwise there is no other logical reason to leave him out of the Universal Championship picture for now and go with AJ instead.

The Glorious One has finally arrived. It's like the last months never happened. Rick Rude…I mean Robert Roode was the highlight of the night for me. The comments by Graves made it even better. If Corey wants to, he can put anyone over.

I gotta say, I'm intrigued by this new Bray Wyatt. My initial reaction was "WTF?", but the longer his vignette went on, the more I liked it. If any WWE superstar could play a schizophrenic role on television, it would be good old Bray.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Oh I know that it does have potential it's just that I felt doing an ironic post more than anything but I'm not judging Bray Wyatt's new gimmick totally for now. But even though it COULD be interesting I highly doubt that the RAW writers will be able to capitalize on it which is why I'm already feeling sorry for Bray Wyatt because he is one of their most unique talent, he has a ton of potential but he will probably never be used to the best of his abilities.

Yeah, it could be interesting if done right, but that's trusting WWE to you know...do something right.

• Like 1

It's the first time I say this since the brand split (if we don't count the shitty christmas shows of course...) but Smackdown was absolutely terrible. It's the first week and they are already focusing the show around f*cking Roman Reigns.

There is also the tease of a terrible heel turn of Aleister Black because he has to be evil right ? I'm willing to bet Vince will ask him to do a satanic ritual in the ring ... That's so stupid, who cares if he is satanist ? Are they asking Roman Reigns to play the role of Jesus ? 

Aleister Black was never a heel in NXT (and even if they made him a heel I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been this kind of cartoon character) and it was perfectly fine but as long as Vince is alive we'll have to deal with these stupid stereotypes :facepalm:

Only the main event was good. They made the right choice by "turning" Kevin Owens heel this quickly. Now I only hope they give him the WWE championship for the rest of the year and let him beat Roman Reigns and powerbomb him on the ring apron to retirement.

Smackdown downfall has begun...

• Like 2

I smell a Shane vs Roman match. Now it all makes sense. Reigns is gonna defeat The Best in the Woooorld as soon as he is done with Elias. 

Nice little story between Asuka/Kairi/Paige and Mandy/Sonya. In the meantime, The IIconics suffer the same fate as Samoa Joe. Who needs strong champions anyway.

The part with Aleister Black was interesting. Sure, the team of Aleister & Ricochet was fun and their match with the War Raiders was one of the best Tag Team matches in a long time. But there was nothing mysterious about Black anymore. So, maybe this is a step in the right direction. Only time will tell. It's good to have him on Smackdown though, since there are a lot of guys he could potentially feud with (Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, Finn Balor, Andrade of course…)

Thank God Kevin Owens turned heel. He is way better as a bad guy and wether he wins the title or not, both him and Kofi can benefit from their rivalry.

Edited by Jesaya815
  • Like 2

When Vince can't come to his senses. 

Bayley owned that segment after cringing. She had that opportunity to win using that leverage pin when she reversed the figure eight. They still let Charlotte win and now we'll see Becky vs Charlotte again. They made Seth Rollins drop the US title when he had to defend both in one night. I'm not even sure if they'll let Becky beat both blondies. 

I hope they don't screw that whole Aleister Black build up to whatever "what he really is" scenario. He was what he was in NXT and the changes the main roster make just infuriates me more. 

So glad Kevin Owens turned heel again. They shouldn't waste Sami Zayn on RAW, even if things aren't close to that (at least "yet"). 

Also saw news about a fan who passed away at the beginning of the airing of the show. Don't know much about it though. My condolences.   

• Like 3

I haven't cheered a betrayal like Owens' since I don't know when. KO is the complete package and a bona fide star, and they may finally book him right again. Like Bryan, he can hide Kofi's myriad weaknesses.

Flair looked weaker than ever, trying to brush off Becky's barbs with gestures and tactics a spoiled child (or a certain president) would use. Asinine as they were, at least Rousey provided actual retorts. Bayley showed more fire than in a dog's age, and should have won. The Charlotte experiment is a failed one; she can't draw a consistent reaction beyond the requisite woo-ing. Can't believe we're getting a Shoehorn Charlotte rerun yet again. Like war, WWE never changes.

Don't Hug Me I'm the Eater of Worlds has potential. At least it's something new and different. It's either gonna be amazing or the drizzling Cenas. No two ways about it. If they just leave Wyatt to his own devices and don't WWE it up too much, we could be on to something here. Hmm, guess the Lake of Reincarnation has unpredictable ripple effects...

• Like 1

This year's MITB Ladder Matches build up, pure garbage.

Qualifying matches? Boom, gone. They even have enough time to prepare for them. There are still superstars we're gonna see in the ladder match for about 3 years in a row or so, such as Natalya.  

RAW: Dana Brooke, Natalya, Alexa Bliss & Naomi

Alternative suggestion/what it should've been like (at least): Dana Brooke, Ruby Riott, Alexa Bliss, Naomi (There's Tamina, while Nia Jax is gone and Alicia Fox, who was never in MITB) 

RAW: Braun Strowman, Baron Corbin, Drew McIntyre & Ricochet

Alternative suggestion/what it should've been like (at least): Cesaro, Drew McIntyre, Ricochet, Robert Roode (There's Sami Zayn, you know. I don't see where his weekly promos are going, but I guess we'll just have to see) 

SmackDown: Bayley, Ember Moon, Carmella & Mandy Rose

Alternative suggestion/what it should've been like (at least): SD's one is okay, but there's still Mickie James, Zelina Vega and Liv Morgan (who is reportedly injured now)

SmackDown: Mustafa Ali, Finn Balor, Andrade & Randy Orton

Alternative suggestion/what it should've been like (at least): Again, SD is okay here, but Aleister Black could also be in the match if they weren't using him for a storyline (and then come face to face with Ricochet, just for some more icing on the cake for the match), but since they're using him, then it's fine.

It looks like the shake-up isn't doing wonders for anyone. On RAW, they could've easily put Cesaro in the match. Only had one match since coming to the red brand, but we could see he was finally solo and doing what he's good at, getting where he should've been years ago. Braun Strowman lost opportunities many times I even lost count. His last victory had to be sacrificed for Roman Reigns, he could've won at Crown Jewel, and his Survivor Series' promise was cut short after getting Vince's limo those hands. From that point on he's been put on a useless feud with SNL hosts. Momentum's been long gone lost. What a shame and it's known for a true and most honest fact that Ricochet was only added due to his athleticism and agile moves. It's like in Vince's eyes, he is the superhuman and can make matches great only. Now he looks smaller than ever among the "adults" or "grown ups."

On SmackDown, they keep teasing a break up between Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville. Why not just have Sonya cost Mandy at what seems to be the best opportunity at MITB, just like how we saw Roman Reigns get screwed by Bray Wyatt in 2015, and CM Punk get screwed by Paul Heyman in 2013? Not sure about Sheamus' situation currently as he hasn't been mentioned since Cesaro moved to RAW. There are also some superstars who are inactive, such as EC3, Shelton Benjamin and Jinder Mahal, who could have tried their lucks if there were qualifying matches. Lol, which reminds me, will they ever behold Mojo Rowley and his reflection gimmick? ?

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 1

Think it's about time for Joe to pull a Lesnar and throw his damn belt at Vince's face.  I mean, what's Vince gonna do?  Kill his "push".  Same with Bayley, she gets a quick mention and bam, immediately pinned so we can see Becky and Charlotte for the three thousandth time.  

I'm to the point where I'm actually hoping for a mass exodus over to AEW.  Cesaro, Joe, Sami, Ricochet... actually, everyone who's not a "WWE guy" (AJ, Seth and Bryan being the exceptions) just needs to go.  Vince is never gonna appreciate them because they didn't get famous under his banner.  

This week was pure garbage. Raw was better than smackdown but Raw was terrible too.

Smackdown sucked so much I had to skip half of the show. I would largely prefer having a real championship material champion like Lesnar being WWE champion (even if he doesn't show up for months) than an comedy midcarder throwing pancakes and making the segments for the top belt uninteresting. 
What they are doing with Ali is disgusting too, the guy shouldn't even be on Smackdown to begin with but he is and he is defeating Andrade and Randy Orton for absolutely no reason. 

Finally, they had to remind us after every angle that their shitty feud between Reigns and the McMahons is something we should consider important even though it sucks and it's the same feud we've seen for years even though we all know that the big dog is the mcmahons golden boy.

I really wished Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens and Randy Orton would respectively Muscle Buster, Powerbomb on the Apron and Punt Kick all of the jobbers stealing the spotlight of actual interesting wrestlers to the low card or the main event show so we can finally see the real supestars being the focus of the show.

• Like 1

Jon Moxley is back! Did anyone catch the somewhat subtle references in the video? Escaping the prison that is WWE, being chased by a "big dog"? In my opinion, the prison is definitely WWE. Now, the dog, that could be Roman, or it could just mean The Shield in general. But does that imply that The Shield was hurtful for Dean's career? So many things it could mean.

https://youtu.be/k1WZixm6wGk

Maybe if there wasn't a 3rd hour to fill they wouldn't be forced to shit all over the shakeup?  And only Vince would treat a team that wants to leave like the Revival are being treated.  T-freakin' minus until that piece of shit isn't calling the shots anymore.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

Interesting start for a RAW show. Can't say I was too excited though. Not after the debacle last week. Nothing happened the last time, where Seth pointed out the obvious, so why should it be any different now?

If no one really cares about the brand split anymore, why not just pull the plug and finally kill it?! At least until Smackdown moves to FOX. This wild card rule doesn't help anybody. Telling the audience that the McMahons blatantly lied to them, doesn't help.

You have to do something about it. Hire better writers, send Vince to the XFL and let Triple H run the place. Vince constantly called himself brilliant and a genius last night, while in reality, he is just a delusional old fart.

The quote of the year award goes to Daniel Bryan - There is nothing about Monday Night RAW that is fun.

Well, actually, that was a fun line, so I guess even Daniel lied to us. Anyway, I'm not gonna give up hope or stop watching. Never have, never will. But man, the lack of creativity and the stubbornness of this self proclaimed genius is so disappointing sometimes. And the ratings speak for themselves.

• Like 3

Just kill the brand split already, it doesn't matter anymore. Wildcard rule? Vince is a genius and brilliant? "SmackDown superstars may be invited to SmackDown?" "Monday Night Yard?" (Michael Cole, who botched multiple times in that night. Another one where he said AJ and Styles were officially legal during the tag team match). RAW will never be good, they always need SmackDown or NXT superstars and they even made the team blue guys main event RAW. 

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 1

Week after week I hear "this was the worst RAW ever blah blah blah!!" and immediately roll my eyes.  Today, it's justified.  That incoherent mess of a show that was put on last night actually broke me.  I've lost interest and can't watch anymore.  Not forever mind you, I mean, at some point Vince has to go away and the show will eventually(?) improve right? So yeah, I'm a lifer... but a "break" is definitely needed.  Simon, your ups and downs videos (although the video based on yesterday's show somehow had more than twice as many ups than downs, which made absolutely zero f--king sense) are going to have to do until something somewhere changes.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

Hey I loved that show

Wish i could say the same for last night

Well it was hosted by WWE Hall of Famer Drew Carey so you know it was quality :P

Seriously though I love WLiiA and also the reboted series Improvaganza 

• Like 1