The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

7 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

You realize that not everyone believes that the AE is the best thing ever right ? 

I don't particularly care about the AE and I don't think the "PG" era is worse than the AE. (Or at least, not because it's PG.)

In my opinion a storyline like this is stupid, period. I'm not against offensive things in general when it has a purpose and can help a superstar reach another level (Brock Lesnar decimating Zack Gowen would be a good example) but whenever they try a storyline like this it is almost always a failure.

The only way I could enjoy a storyline like this is if one part of the couple really cheated on the other.

I am well aware of that fact, and my intention wasn't to single you out (although it totally sounded that way).  You can't deny that the vast majority of fans are guilty of that particular offense though.  I think a huge part of the problem is the fans that are all out there wanting the attitude era to return are thin-skinned 20-somethings that only really see the highlights and were too young to have actually experienced it when it happened, therefore they don't know that 2/3's of the shit that was put out during that time was garbage.  If you don't like the angle, that's cool, I'm gonna try and ride it out (if it does indeed happen) and see how it goes.  Maybe in the end, it will turn out Dean was completely wrong and just went all Macho Man with his wife and attacked Seth on a jealous assumption, that'd be a reason to boo him during the angle.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

I am well aware of that fact, and my intention wasn't to single you out (although it totally sounded that way).  You can't deny that the vast majority of fans are guilty of that particular offense though.  I think a huge part of the problem is the fans that are all out there wanting the attitude era to return are thin-skinned 20-somethings that only really see the highlights and were too young to have actually experienced it when it happened, therefore they don't know that 2/3's of the shit that was put out during that time was garbage.  If you don't like the angle, that's cool, I'm gonna try and ride it out (if it does indeed happen) and see how it goes.  Maybe in the end, it will turn out Dean was completely wrong and just went all Macho Man with his wife and attacked Seth on a jealous assumption, that'd be a reason to boo him during the angle.

I agree that a lot of WWE fan are acting like the AE was perfect and nothing will ever as good as the AE so I don't really mind the generalization, I just wanted to point out that I'm not this kind of fan. The AE did a lot of good things and revitalized the business so people tend to overlook all the shit things that happened during this period too but I prefer to remember both the bad and the good things that happened to be able to say that I saw the evolution of WWE over the years. (for better and for worse too unfortunately...)

And when I said "in my opinion a storyline like this is stupid, period" I was of course just stating my opinion and if people do enjoy storylines like these then good for them, I'm certainly not going to say what fans can or can't enjoy :P 

I guess we'll have our answers tonight anyway so we'll see if they really want to make another storyline like this just after SD did the same with Lana, Rusev and Aiden or if it was just another rumor.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

I agree that a lot of WWE fan are acting like the AE was perfect and nothing will ever as good as the AE so I don't really mind the generalization, I just wanted to point out that I'm not this kind of fan. The AE did a lot of good things and revitalized the business so people tend to overlook all the shit things that happened during this period too but I prefer to remember both the bad and the good things that happened to be able to say that I saw the evolution of WWE over the years. (for better and for worse too unfortunately...)

And when I said "in my opinion a storyline like this is stupid, period" I was of course just stating my opinion and if people do enjoy storylines like these then good for them, I'm certainly not going to say what fans can or can't enjoy :P 

I guess we'll have our answers tonight anyway so we'll see if they really want to make another storyline like this just after SD did the same with Lana, Rusev and Aiden or if it was just another rumor.

Who knows if they'll even go ahead with that story line anyways, I mean, it's pretty unusual for almost everyone here to have no knowledge of something like that.  I know I never heard anything like that until eeMax brought it up and I'm pretty sure you were in the same boat?  If they do though, they're going to have to put a lot more effort into it than they did with that sham of a story between Aiden and Rusev, especially if the plan is to have Dean vs. Seth for WM, which last I heard is what they're working on.

• Like 3

Heel Dean's promo looks cool. I'm hoping the bookers do not mess with him.

Another stellar Heyman promo as usual. I'm still going to be cheering AJ :P 

If their match from last year was good, i think this one will be better (as long as brock doesn't phone it in).

That Raw ending. Becky has a busted bloody nose. I love Survivor series, because of these invasions regardless of whether they are up in each other faces (like Team AJ vs Team Owens) or if its an all out surprise (Like last years invasion).

Personally, I honestly wanted to have a 5 v 5 team in regards to Raw (Team Angle vs Team Corbin). But that isnt as important. Sd will definitely be interesting and im hoping Ronda goes all out. (Knowing SD creative team and Bookers, they would use her very well).

• Like 3

Raw had its ups and downs tonight. Something needs to happen with the Tag Team division, because none of the teams are being treated very well. Without any kind of serious competition, AOP will hold onto their titles for a long time.

Ruby vs Nattie is a story right out of the Attitude Era's playbook where the death of a famous wrestler or relative plays a big role. We will see if it can help Riott as a heel and Natalya as a babyface in the long run.

Heyman was good, but Brock was even better. As a matter of fact, it was shades of the old Lesnar, since he used to laugh a lot and crack some funny jokes back in the day. That first German Suplex was brutal though. He could've easily broken Sunil Singh's neck with it.

Elias was entertaining as always and the ending was great indeed. Becky clearly stole the show. First with the Disarmer on Ronda, then when the attack took place and she was standing tall, leading the Smackdown Women's locker room to victory. Furthermore, Lynch's bloody nose added extra drama and made it feel real.

• Like 3

If there was a slight increase in the ratings of RAW, the creative team should thank Becky Lynch. She did it in about 10 minutes and that was the highlight out of the whole show. From close to tearing Ronda Rousey's arm, to destroying the division with her army, to a bloody nose, she got love heat from the fans. She was even able to do it on a brand which she doesn't belong in. Can you believe that? :D 

Elias brought another one of his funny entertaining moments. I really don't know what's up with the creative team about having Bobby Lashley shove his "favorite pose" ass to the crowd, but that was hilarious. I could even hear the commentators holding and cracking their laughs. None of the men got pinned which was kind of a good finish, and of course, I knew Bobby Lashley would win. 

Despite Stephanie bribing Braun Strowman, I doubt he would be loyal to the deal. Team RAW looks okay, but Steph was wrong about RAW winning the previous two years (SmackDown won in 2016). That headbutt was amazing as hell, Drew McIntyre is the Psychopath of Monday Night RAW. I have a feeling he could be the sole survivor (well, if the other members in the team get eliminated). Every member in the team have their differences. The RAW Women's team isn't looking really good, though. 

5 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

Heel Dean's promo looks cool. I'm hoping the bookers do not mess with him.

Another stellar Heyman promo as usual. I'm still going to be cheering AJ :P 

If their match from last year was good, i think this one will be better (as long as brock doesn't phone it in).

Dean Ambrose was good. Best promo in a long time since he returned. I was so afraid that Renee Young/Seth Rollins affair rumored storyline was true. Glad it was just another made up rumor by desperate fans. The way he burned his Shield vest reminded me of Chris Jericho burning his "Y2AJ" shirt in 2016, closing his friendship with AJ Styles, shortly after his WWE debut. 

I wish we had a little bit of the old Brock Lesnar, be a little funny with the "Shanti" fever, but he was still good in my opinion. I badly want to see him deliver a promo without Paul Heyman at least once before he leaves WWE. He looked like he broke one of those Singhs' neck. Also, you know WWE, just because Brock Lesnar had one of his best matches in 2017 (I honestly loved it), doesn't mean he could do the same this year. We should rather expect, well, a squash match this time around. This is Brock Lesnar we're talking about. The first time he had a match with Braun Strowman was for the Universal Championship at No Mercy 2017, and it was rather in detail than it was at Crown Jewel this year. The logic of WWE plays hard-to-get with the fans and the universe at large. 

• Like 3

Becky Lynch is just so good, she made the ending of RAW awesome all by herself. Even Ronda Rousey is going to be booed against Becky Lynch, it seems like the lasskicker popularity is raising week after week she is just so unstopable right now I really hope that WWE listen to their fans for once and make her THE face of the women's division.

She really is the total package, she is good in the ring, she can deliver good promos, she looks really good and the fans love her, if Vince still isn't convince about making her (one of) the face of the women's division he is definitely out of touch and should retire immediately :P 

The rest of RAW wasn't too bad. I'm kind of happy WWE choose such a simple reason to turn Ambrose heel and didn't go over the top with silly reasons that no one would have believe. Dean really was held back by The Shield so it's easy to understand his frustration and him sacrificing his friendship with Seth and Roman to be able to rise to the top without having to worry about two burdens is something I could get behind if done properly. Now I know we are are not supposed to like heels but seeing a superstar turn heel is so much more interesting than watching a babyface smile week after week and repeating the same stupid catchphrases... For this feud to work though, Dean as to come out on top because if he doesn't his turn is just going to be wasted. (Kind of like Nakamura after Wrestlemania)

Brock Lesnar was fun to watch for once, I wished we could see him every week he would be so valuable to the product. I'm not expecting anything out of his match with Styles though, I think setting my expectations low and if a miracle happens and Vince lets Brock and Styles have another real match then awesome and if not it's just another wasted opportunity to entertain the fans so nothing really new.

I'm a little more excited about SS after last night but Takeover is still completely overshadowing the main roster and I can't wait to see it. Especially Aleister Black vs Johnny Gargano :D 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

The rest of RAW wasn't too bad. I'm kind of happy WWE choose such a simple reason to turn Ambrose heel and didn't go over the top with silly reasons that no one would have believe. Dean really was held back by The Shield so it's easy to understand his frustration and him sacrificing his friendship with Seth and Roman to be able to rise to the top without having to worry about two burdens is something I could get behind if done properly. Now I know we are are not supposed to like heels but seeing a superstar turn heel is so much more interesting than watching a babyface smile week after week and repeating the same stupid catchphrases... For this feud to work though, Dean as to come out on top because if he doesn't his turn is just going to be wasted. (Kind of like Nakamura after Wrestlemania)

I wholeheartedly agree.

Heels must be booed, and it can be frustrating to draw heat when the fans cheer for the bad guy. Sometimes, they cheer both wrestlers, heel and face, because its the perfect fit. Heels are cheered when they are able to make their character not only show personality but shine at the perfect place at the perfect time.

Edge, Chris Jericho and Miz are good examples of heels. Both of them can be booed, but they know their character to a T and play it very well that they can be the perfect villain to any hero.

Right now, Dean is playing the heel role nicely and as you mentioned, his motivation is clear.Heck the way he threw Seth's catchphrase as an insult is just perfect. However, a good heel requires a good face. it will most definitely be hard for Seth Rollins to be cheered. Not that I doubt his ability to get cheered, but he may need to work on his promos against dean. Otherwise, it will be like Becky v Charlotte; One-sided and we have more reason to cheer for Dean Ambrose than Seth Rollins

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jesaya815 said:

Damn, Becky Lynch vs Ronda Rousey is officially cancelled. It was reported that Becky suffered a broken nose and concussion after being hit right in the face by Nia Jax. Here is the footage:

That one hell of a punch

Just watched the intro to be extra sure. Becky is out. it is a shame though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jesaya815 said:

Damn, Becky Lynch vs Ronda Rousey is officially cancelled. It was reported that Becky suffered a broken nose and concussion after being hit right in the face by Nia Jax. Here is the footage:

Wonder if her last name is going to protect her YET AGAIN after injuring YET ANOTHER female worker!?  Enough is enough.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Wonder if her last name is going to protect her YET AGAIN after injuring YET ANOTHER female worker!?  Enough is enough.

Unfortunately yes. If Vince still dreams about The Rock facing Brock for the Universal Championship, he will do anything to convince Dwayne. As long as that's the case, Nia is untouchable.

36 minutes ago, GoodbyeBread said:

Daniel Bryan heel? Didn't see that one coming

Looks like it is a complete change to the card. Aside from Becky lynch, I like to know what warranted the changed?

First Gargano, now Daniel Bryan. Bizarro World has taken over. I was looking forward to Styles vs Lesnar, but Daniel against The Beast Incarnate should be one hell of a match as well.

Charlotte replacing Becky is fine too. Maybe we will see Lynch and Rousey at WrestleMania this way.

• Like 3

Didn't see the Daniel Bryan heel turn coming. Wow, don't know if I should say 2018 is cursed or blessed with heel turns, because we've a lot this year. Big ones such as Shinsuke Nakamura, Johnny Gargano, Nia Jax, Big Show (not something new :P), Dean Ambrose, Bobby Lashley, The Bella Twins, etc. Must be the year with most heel turns ever. 

I honestly didn't mind seeing Brock Lesnar vs AJ Styles II, but I guess WWE had to with the DB angle. Don't know who'll win anymore, but something similar occurred last year when AJ Styles won the WWE Championship, just days (if not a week) before Survivor Series. Hopefully in this sense The Miz is close to the opportunity. R.I.P AJ Styles' balls (or manhood, or whatever people say). At least he won't get another tattoo on his right side. :ninja:

I really hate how the desperate fans complain. When one superstar loses they say they're jobbing. Not referring to Asuka (who obviously lost momentum at WM loss), I'm referring to those who kinda barely lose and just lost that one match or a few. Ember Moon, recently for example, etc.

I'm happy Becky Lynch is only pulled out of that match and not in the ring for a while. I was wondering if she would give Charlotte Flair her title but glad she didn't. I'd say she was a good pick so the people wouldn't complain more about her entering WrestleMania and beat Ronda Rousey. Survivor Series is the better place and maybe it will be more likely that Asuka could challenge Ronda Rousey later. Right now may not the right time, I mean, Asuka's pretty agile in the ring. 

Excited for NXT TakeOver: WarGames II. Looking forward to the WarGames match Undisputed ERA vs Ricochet, Pete Dunne & War Raiders. Want to find out whether Undisputed ERA will remain undefeated in the WarGames match. Johnny Gargano vs Aleister Black will be amazing as well. That's number one for me. Glad to see Velveteen Dream in the title picture. He won't be when he goes to the main roster. :facepalm:  

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

About time WWE starts making T-shirts that say something along the lines of "save AJ's nuts", poor guys have been taking quite the beating since WM.

You would think by now AJ would learn to use a Cup after his time with Nakamura.

@ee28max on concerns with Becky, I think they are still going by the 30 day rule; "If a wrestler is unable to defend their title within 30 days, they must forfeit their title." (which oddly enough Brock seems to ignore this rule and defends whenever). A concussion is usually in the range of a speedy recovery than most common injuries. she will be able to be back maybe next week, enough time for her to recover and able to defend her title.

Anyway, I believe that the Charlotte/Flair feud is over for now. I would give it a week or two.

Edited by GoodbyeBread
  • Like 2

I fucking hate Daniel Bryan being WWE Champion. I didn't like him as a face and I certainly don't like him as a heel. But now they decided to put the WWE championship on him ? I love smackdown but this decision is pure garbage, they made Styles have such a long title reign and defeat opponents that really deserved to win the WWE Championship (someone like Samoa Joe ?) to give it to Daniel Bryan, a guy that refused to go to work at their last PPV (not judging this decision but it seems strange that WWE would reward him after that) and a guy that didn't accomplish anything since he returned ? I already despised him for ruining a Wrestlemania card a few years ago, I didn't know I could dislike him even more.

The WWE Championship picture was already becoming boring but they have certainly lost my interest with him as the champion. It has been proven time and time again that when DB is in the main event, the ratings are lower than usual so why even bother ? 

On top of that I don't know if it is really a smart decision to offer Daniel Bryan a ticket to Suplex City.

I'm not a fan of how they are using Andrade Cien Almas either, they built him in a good way when he arrived so I don't understand this sudden change of heart when he could use a bit more screen time and character development to become a more relevant part of sd live. He is really good in the ring so hopefully they don't waste that potential.

Thankfully I "liked" one thing about Smackdown and that's the fact that Becky Lynch can't compete at Survivor Series. I'm really sad and disappointed that she got injured by Nia Jax (who wouldn't even be in the WWE if she wasn't the Rock's cousin and if she wasn't fat. Nothing agaisnt that but the only reason she is pushed is because WWE is following a worldwide trend and they want to show that "any kind of woman can succeed" when they should prioritize talent over stupid reasons like that. If a woman or a man happens to be fat but is talented fine, I love K.O for example, but don't make that the reason to push the person if she is terrible in the ring) but it could also be a blessing in disguise.

If the injury didn't happen she would have probably lost to Ronda Rousey at Survivor Series and it would have slowed her push a little, but now that we know that she suffered a concussion and a broken face, what she did on RAW made her look even more badass and they can continue to build her up until she inevitably faces Ronda in the future. By that time, they will probably look for someone credible enough to defeat her and Becky Lynch would really benefit from that, it's fine if they give a huge moment to someone who's not Charlotte Flair.

There is also the fact that Charlotte vs Ronda is probably going to be awesome and we don't have to wait until Wrestlemania for that.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, ee28max said:

I really hate how the desperate fans complain. When one superstar loses they say they're jobbing. Not referring to Asuka (who obviously lost momentum at WM loss), I'm referring to those who kinda barely lose and just lost that one match or a few. Ember Moon, recently for example, etc.

Sometimes fans are overeacting and saying that Ember Moon is buried would be really stupid after the performance she put on at the Evolution's battle royal. However we can't deny that some superstars are really affected by WWE's booking once they decide that they don't want to think to hard about booking their stars.

One example would be Elias, they took care of him when he debuted and he was slowly but surely being pushed and for whatever reasons they stopped using him for a while for absolutely no reason. They recently decided to turn him face and push him again but it would probably have been more effective to not make him lose a couple of matches and stop using him in the first place.

The same can be said for Bobby Lashley, when he arrived he defeated Roman Reigns but how are they using him now ? By making him show is ass (it was last week iirc) in front of the camera. That's not how I would build a star and it is not doing any favor to him. When he debuted people were speculating that he was going to face and defeat Brock Lesnar, I don't think anyone could believe this guy could be a legit threat to Brock Lesnar at the moment.

So complaining about wrestlers becoming jobber or saying that they are buried may be too much but no one can deny that the way most WWE wrestlers are treated is trash. I like Ember Moon even though she is not one of my favourite but I do understand her fans being frustrated considering that she was used much more effectively on NXT than on the Main Roster where her talent is just wasted like 90% of the roster.

• Like 3

I'm starting to wonder if these "accidents" are like hits.

I mean Dolph ziggler gets the world champion and then gets kicked by swagger

Danial Bryan gets WWE championship only to get injured by HHH

I mean, I don't buy into conspiracy theories, but i feel like some of these accidents are intentional. Becky being the latest victim, being over with the crowd and organically. If WWE hated this, they could gave Nia incentive to sabotage Becky in exchange for creative team uses.

Of course this is just a theory and speculation on my part, but I feel something is up behind the scenes. I'm going to monitor Nia and see if she gets rewarded or punished over the next couple of weeks

What do you guys think?

Edited by GoodbyeBread
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

I mean, I don't buy into conspiracy theories, but i feel like some of these accidents are intentional. Becky being the latest victim, being over with the crowd and organically. If WWE hated this, they could gave Nia incentive to sabotage Becky in exchange for creative team uses.

Of course this is just a theory and speculation on my part, but I feel something is up behind the scenes. I'm going to monitor Nia and see if she gets rewarded or punished over the next couple of weeks

What do you guys think?

Anyone who has seen the footage could see it clearly didn't look like an accident. What made it look like it was intentional? The force. The force of the punch to the face. Lots of heat on social media about this and Nia Jax responded saying things happen and asked why no one asked how her clenched fist was. Of course no one would care about the injurer, the would care about the victim of the injury. 

It could be something planned out as well, I mean, WWE didn't originally plan for this. The fans kept on cheering for Becky and I thought WWE finally gave up. Since Nia Jax already has an opportunity, I doubt it would be successful. Maybe a way to make it up for the universe is have her distract Ronda Rousey at Survivor Series and then Charlotte Flair gets the win, only for the fans to turn on her again as they plead Ronda to break Nia's arm during their match in the future. 

Nia Jax already concussed a few superstars recently and didn't get punished for that. Things could change regarding the most over superstar. Who knows?  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

What do you guys think?

I don't think they are injuring people intentionnaly and especially not Daniel Bryan. They abandonned a fight they were fighting for months by letting him have his Wrestlemania moment it would make absolutely no sense to have him be injured shortly after that. If anything, Vince was probably screaming like a mad man backstage saying that he should have sticked to his plans (and I could agree for once) and none of this would have happened. There is also the fact that Daniel Bryan was wrestling with a "dangerous" style for years so it was just a matter of time before he got injured badly.

Concerning Nia Jax though, it would be better if it was intentionnal because injuring another wrestler this way basically means that she should still be with the rookies at the performance center. I'm pretty sure that most wrestling fans are aware that you just don't throw real punches so how can a professional wrestler not know that ? And it certainly didn't look like an accident either, she could clearly see Becky Lynch since she was just in front of her and she still decided to throw a vicious punch. 

It's either stupidity or complete lack of training. Maybe they should make a triple threat match between her, sasha banks and brie bella and make the stipulation a "last injured woman standing match" :P 

• Like 3

Well, Randy Orton got busted open by Brock Lesnar in their match at SummerSlam 2016. That was pretty intentional, although it's a totally different story compared to what happened to Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler. :P

With Becky Lynch I'm not so sure. Vince has done a lot of bad things in the past. Of course Vince or Nia would never admit if that was the secret plan, but it looked reckless and like she really did it on purpose. Tweeting stuff about her fist isn't doing her any favor as well, except perhaps solidifying her status as a heel. Just imagine the shitstorm this company would receive if injuring Becky was the plan all along.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

Well, Randy Orton got busted open by Brock Lesnar in their match at SummerSlam 2016. That was pretty intentional, although it's a totally different story compared to what happened to Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler. :P

It was revealed later that the spot involving Orton getting opened up hardway was a planned spot.  Jericho was screaming on Brock's face afterward and Orton himself had to tell him it was planned.

• Like 1

Well you're right about this one and it was a really stupid decision, it's the moment I hate the most as a wrestling fan. It was dangerous and it could have went really bad, on top of that I don't think it added something meaningful to Brock's character, we already knew he was a dangerous guy when he returned to WWE for the first time and opened John Cena with a couple of stiff elbows. In my opinion, it just proved that Vince is an irresponsible  boss. He shouldn't have let a wrestler put is life on the line for "entertainment" (I can't speak for everyone in the world but I didn't think it was entertaining at all) and if he really wanted some blood he could have used the old stupid "blade job" it would have been believable enough and far less dangerous.

Now as far as Nia Jax is concerned, I'm more enclined to believe that she is just unsafe to work with since it's not the first time she injured someone because she didn't pay enough attention.

On a completely different note, James Ellsworth is accused of sending nude pictures of him to a 16 years old girl on twitter. I don't know what to think considering the last time something like that happened to a wrestler it was just a faulse accusation but it that's the case it's a real shame since I kind of liked what he did in his first run with WWE.

• Like 3

NXT Takeover was awesome as always !

The three men matches were all really really really good but if I had to pick my favourite it would be Aleister Black vs Johnny Gargano. I was already hyped as f*ck with their rivalry but the match was even better than I anticipated. The match had intensity, fast paced and hard hitting action and psychology I don't know what you could want more of this match unless you're asking for them to fight forever :P 

Aleister Black caught my attention ever since he stepped foot on NXT and his aura and coolness is just amplifying match after match, I don't know what's the limit for this guy but I truly hope that he becomes one of the top guys on the main roster. This guy has unlimited potential and he can have awesome matches with any kind of opponents by looking at his NXT career so far.

• Like 2