doom alpha!

Lonemankane

Title edited to prevent further confusion and disappointment.  :P

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a single match. I let it search for about 10 minutes, twice, then gave up and played some Blops III. I might try to hop back on later. 

Parker

• Like 1

Title edited to prevent further confusion and disappointment.  :P

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a single match. I let it search for about 10 minutes, twice, then gave up and played some Blops III. I might try to hop back on later. 

Parker

Would love to hear your thoughts once you find a match, Parker. 

Oh no. Please elaborate!

I can't really say too much but what I can say is that the guns don't feel powerful and your not really running your mostly speed walking when your trying to kill someone and seeing the dmg am doing to people popping up by numbers made me think borderlands it does not really feel like doom to me :/ also the other stuff am not saying for I signed some thing saying if you do this and do that you get banned so on and so on don't really read it all.

edit: the big killer to me is the shotgun feels weak has no boom kind of feeling to it like old doom games had.

Edited by KANERKB
  • Like 1

This isn't the demo that was guaranteed with Wolfenstein: The New Order - that's coming out at a later date

e541705e9a8888fc8a74b7c92cfefab9.png

(source)

ah never knew that but still if they keep the guns how they are I won't be buying it at full price I may get it when it's about £20 or lower still not liking it got into 2 matchs and just gave up it's not fun

Basically this is a closed alpha test. They were going for stress tests on Friday and Saturday and Sunday from December 4-6. I couldn't find a match at all during said stress test times. So I was really dissatisfied. Oh well. Hopefully they work everything out by the time the Beta is released.

Yeah, I thought it was ok as well.  The glory kills were kinda fun (once you have whittled down someones health you can melee to go into a short finishing sequence), and becoming the demon character (revenant or something) was a good change of tactics mid game.

Trouble getting into a match wasnt the games fault, this was a closed alpha test so they would have been testing all sort of things which would have affected your ability to get into a game at certain times. I was invited by email (I signed up back in october) so it might have been the reason why I had no problems getting in a match.

I will agree with the shotgun not feeling weighty enough though.

Yeah, I thought it was ok as well.  The glory kills were kinda fun (once you have whittled down someones health you can melee to go into a short finishing sequence), and becoming the demon character (revenant or something) was a good change of tactics mid game.

Trouble getting into a match wasnt the games fault, this was a closed alpha test so they would have been testing all sort of things which would have affected your ability to get into a game at certain times. I was invited by email (I signed up back in october) so it might have been the reason why I had no problems getting in a match.

I will agree with the shotgun not feeling weighty enough though.

I doubt when you signed up mattered. I signed up day one of wolfenstien release day. Psn notification sent me a message saying doom alpha was ready. then pns sent me another message saying oops!!! We forgot to give you your download code for the alpha.

Him not being able to join a match is likely a good thing to notice. This is the one of the purposes of stress testing.

Hopefully you'll get some time in whenever it's next available :/