The Great Australian Trophy Hunt - Season 1

A year or so ago I would have jumped at this.

Throw me in anyway, but I'm not expecting to be getting a shitload of trophies next year, starting TAFE in February, got a fucking baby coming in February, I ain't gonna have shit all free time.

But at least I can get a participant medal! :D

Thanks for confirming your interest, I have signed you all up to the competition.

Could all of you please PM me your 6 backlog games once you've made your decisions? I'd like to do a reveal of everyone's backlog games once the competition has commenced, just to keep everyone guessing and create a bit of excitement.

• Like 3

Thanks, I have added you both to the competition.

I think that we had about 20 show interest initially and since putting up the actual competition thread a few new faces have joined so we'll probably end up with 25 or so. Even if we get nobody else sign up then I'll still be happy with the number of participants, I wasn't even sure if this idea would get off the ground when I was planning it :) .

Ah the good old backlog curse, I'm sure that there are a few people here that share your pain mate! I thought that I could start to make a dent this month by buying no games...and then EB Games had their Mad Monday sale :| . Plus JB Hi Fi are having a clearance on PS3 games, there's a whole list of games going for $1 - $20 (with quite a few being $1 - $5). I went and had a look at one of my local stores this evening but the didn't have any sort of special display set up. So if anyone wanted to grab a few bargains then head to your local store over the weekend and see if you can find anything!

• Like 2

Thanks, I have added you both to the competition.

I think that we had about 20 show interest initially and since putting up the actual competition thread a few new faces have joined so we'll probably end up with 25 or so. Even if we get nobody else sign up then I'll still be happy with the number of participants, I wasn't even sure if this idea would get off the ground when I was planning it :) .

Ah the good old backlog curse, I'm sure that there are a few people here that share your pain mate! I thought that I could start to make a dent this month by buying no games...and then EB Games had their Mad Monday sale :| . Plus JB Hi Fi are having a clearance on PS3 games, there's a whole list of games going for $1 - $20 (with quite a few being $1 - $5). I went and had a look at one of my local stores this evening but the didn't have any sort of special display set up. So if anyone wanted to grab a few bargains then head to your local store over the weekend and see if you can find anything!

Agh the Mad Monday Sale, that sale also took my money lol

Still thinking about the backlog games, I'll let you know as soon as I can

I had the same no new games this month idea and EB also got me to buy more games.

At least their servers were reliable as always when everyone all tried to get onto the sale at midnight. I tried for a good half hour and then gave up

Well that's 3 of the posters in this thread alone that bought something so the sale worked lol. Although I experienced the same issues as black__bunny, the site crashed within half an hour of the sale starting. I'm assuming that's why they extended the sale until around 10 Tuesday morning. What games did you guys pick up in the sale?

Thanks Lightning_0608, I have added you to the competition.

• Like 1

Well that's 3 of the posters in this thread alone that bought something so the sale worked lol. Although I experienced the same issues as black__bunny, the site crashed within half an hour of the sale starting. I'm assuming that's why they extended the sale until around 10 Tuesday morning. What games did you guys pick up in the sale?

Thanks Lightning_0608, I have added you to the competition.

Yeah same here mate, the site kept crashing for me as well. I picked up Infamous Second Son , Just Cause 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition.

Yeah same here mate, the site kept crashing for me as well. I picked up Infamous Second Son , Just Cause 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition.

Nice! I was considering picking up Dragon Age Inquisition but I remembered that a GOTY edition was released so I'll probably pick that version up when it comes down a bit in price. In the end I picked up Assassin's Creed Rogue, Knack and Killzone Shadow Fall. They were all cheap ($20 or less) so I thought, why not? Surely Knack can't be as bad as everyone says it is, right? I've never played a Killzone game before and this one looks like a good (albeit not great) game.

Just a reminder for everyone to submit your backlog challenge games to me if you haven't already, there's only a little over 2 weeks until the cut-off date. If you don't submit your backlog games and hidden trophies (if applicable) by the cut-off then you won't be classed as registered for the event and will have to wait until February to join, you will receive a score of 0 for January.