Holiday PSN Sale North America

Kishnabe

So Sony put Tales of Borderlands up for $7.50 as a promo this weekend relating to The Game Awards. Now 3 days later, it is half that price.

I am the only one who is sick of this shit from Sony?

No retail store could get away with this, but since PS4 has such a big lead in console sales, it seems the consumer just shrugs.

Of course, I'm sure you could pressure customer support for a refund. They'll give you one, as they ban your account.

I was told to go screw myself in a nice professional manner :devil:   wasn't happy when I found it was on sale for half of what I got it for this weekend

Read that people were contacting Sony and getting a refund on it.

I appreciate your advice and took you up on it by contacting Sony via live chat. They didn't refund the difference to my wallet and wouldn't even give me a refund on the game...

Instead they gave me a $10 code for the PlayStation Store! I couldn't believe it until I redeemed the code they sent me and it was indeed good for $10. So basically, I got a refund, $2.50 more for what I paid for it and still got to keep the game. So to anyone that bought TfTBL during the Game Awards sale, It's worth a shot to try and express your distaste to them. Just be sure you mention that the Game Awards sale wasn't even 4 days before this one and that it's now on sale for less than half the price of the previous one. I won't be able to guarantee the exact same results I got, but there's no harm trying.

Wow, I'm horribly disappointed at the users here complaining about Tales From The Borderlands' sale price.

All you guys that payed $7.50 for it; did you think it was WORTH THAT PRICE AT THE TIME? If yes, then you have NO REASON TO COMPLAIN SINCE YOU GOT YOUR MONEYS' WORTH.

You guys are complaining about a difference of FOUR DOLLARS which ISN'T MUCH AT ALL. Really, is money so tight that you complain about 4 little dollars? Maybe you shouldn't be buying any games right now then if that's the case.

As consumers, we have to accept the fact that when we buy something in a sale we run the risk of a better deal happening not long after. That's life. Accept it. Every adult understands this fact.

YOU were the ones that MADE THE CHOICE to buy it in the last sale OUT OF YOUR OWN FREE WILL knowing very well that A BETTER SALE COULD HAPPEN BEFORE LONG.

So stop complaining and think first before you complain like spoiled children for 4 dollars you spent last week.

• Like 1

Wow, I'm horribly disappointed at the users here complaining about Tales From The Borderlands' sale price.

All you guys that payed $7.50 for it; did you think it was WORTH THAT PRICE AT THE TIME? If yes, then you have NO REASON TO COMPLAIN SINCE YOU GOT YOUR MONEYS' WORTH.

Maybe it was still worth $7.50 at the time, but we as consumers try to look for the best deal for us. I think you completely missed the point that these two different sales happened within less than a week of each other.

You guys are complaining about a difference of FOUR DOLLARS which ISN'T MUCH AT ALL. As consumers, we have to accept the fact that when we buy something in a sale we run the risk of a better deal happening not long after. That's life. Accept it. Every adult understands this fact.

If you're going to get a point across at least don't be such a troll about other people's budgets. Regardless of how much the income of any individual is, whether your Bill Gates or a college student living off of loans at the time, we have hobbies. Most everyone here could agree that we all have the equal hobby of video games. Money's not tight for me or others but as I said before, we're always trying to look for the best deals that suit us. Though it may be $4, The game is now less than half the price for what it was going for "on sale" 4 days ago. Half the price; think about that.

YOU were the ones that MADE THE CHOICE to buy it in the last sale OUT OF YOUR OWN FREE WILL knowing very well that A BETTER SALE COULD HAPPEN BEFORE LONG.

I don't have issues with buying a game knowing it could go on sale for a better price; Even if it's a month down the road. I bought the Game of Thrones retail edition for $20 only a month ago and now it's $5 on this sale; I'm not complaining though. Sure if I had known it would be this cheap later I would have waited but I love retail copies so I thought $20 at the time was a good deal. The Tales from the Borderlands case wasn't a month though, It was only 4 days. May I remind you that The Game Awards sale we speak of only lasted 2 days? From my perspective, I thought I was getting a good deal. If it is such a short time frame I thought It wouldn't go cheaper for a few months. Then 4 days later, It's on sale again for less than half the price I bought it. Except now people have a whole week to decide whether or not they want it for that price when I only had 2 days.

• Like 1

Maybe it was still worth $7.50 at the time, but we as consumers try to look for the best deal for us. I think you completely missed the point that these two different sales happened within less than a week of each other.

If you're going to get a point across at least don't be such a troll about other people's budgets. Regardless of how much the income of any individual is, whether your Bill Gates or a college student living off of loans at the time, we have hobbies. Most everyone here could agree that we all have the equal hobby of video games. Money's not tight for me or others but as I said before, we're always trying to look for the best deals that suit us. Though it may be $4, The game is now less than half the price for what it was going for "on sale" 4 days ago. Half the price; think about that.

I don't have issues with buying a game knowing it could go on sale for a better price; Even if it's a month down the road. I bought the Game of Thrones retail edition for $20 only a month ago and now it's $5 on this sale; I'm not complaining though. Sure if I had known it would be this cheap later I would have waited but I love retail copies so I thought $20 at the time was a good deal. The Tales from the Borderlands case wasn't a month though, It was only 4 days. May I remind you that The Game Awards sale we speak of only lasted 2 days? From my perspective, I thought I was getting a good deal. If it is such a short time frame I thought It wouldn't go cheaper for a few months. Then 4 days later, It's on sale again for less than half the price I bought it. Except now people have a whole week to decide whether or not they want it for that price when I only had 2 days.

Nah, that's just good business.  Time is irrelevant when it comes to these types of situations since the consumer buys for that moment that they think the price is right.  Whoever was coordinating these sales probably knew and wanted to drain a little more money out of the consumer before the big sale but there is nothing wrong with that.

It does kinda suck though when you realize a game you just bought is heavily discounted right after though.  (I bought AC: Syndicate before it went on sale T_T)

• Like 1

You proved my point with the first and third paragraphs and as I said you take risks like that as a consumer all the time with sales and that's the truth of the matter.

For the second paragraph, do you even know what trolling is? That wasn't trolling; that was setting an example and what I said is true. If I was trolling I would make myself look like Richie Rich and call other people "Pheasants" or something stupid like that which I didn't do.

The fact that you're provoking me by saying I'm trolling when I'm clearly not is a form of trolling itself.

Pretty much everything you said actually agrees with what I said so I don't see why you think I'm trolling when you are agreeing with me.

You proved my point with the first and third paragraphs and as I said you take risks like that as a consumer all the time with sales and that's the truth of the matter.

For the second paragraph, do you even know what trolling is? That wasn't trolling; that was setting an example and what I said is true. If I was trolling I would make myself look like Richie Rich and call other people "Pheasants" or something stupid like that which I didn't do.

The fact that you're provoking me by saying I'm trolling when I'm clearly not is a form of trolling itself.

Pretty much everything you said actually agrees with what I said so I don't see why you think I'm trolling when you are agreeing with me.

My intention was not to agree or disagree with you as you aren't entirely wrong. It just seems to me like you're not even considering why some people would find it unfair; just complaining about complainers.

I apoligize for the trolling comment. It seemed to me like you were saying that if we were complaining about 4 dollars then we shouldn't be playing video games. I realize that isn't what you meant.

Nah, that's just good business.  Time is irrelevant when it comes to these types of situations since the consumer buys for that moment that they think the price is right.  Whoever was coordinating these sales probably knew and wanted to drain a little more money out of the consumer before the big sale but there is nothing wrong with that.

It does kinda suck though when you realize a game you just bought is heavily discounted right after though.  (I bought AC: Syndicate before it went on sale T_T)

Good business often requires good customer service. I contacted Sony and got an even better deal so I ain't even mad anymore. The fact the customer service rep compensated me for more than I deserved must've meant that even he thought it was a little unfair.

You guys are complaining about a difference of FOUR DOLLARS which ISN'T MUCH AT ALL. Really, is money so tight that you complain about 4 little dollars? Maybe you shouldn't be buying any games right now then if that's the case.

As consumers, we have to accept the fact that when we buy something in a sale we run the risk of a better deal happening not long after. That's life. Accept it. Every adult understands this fact.

So stop complaining and think first before you complain like spoiled children for 4 dollars you spent last week.

Why can't they complain? I'm sure everyone here understands these "real world issues" that you explain, but so what? Let them complain. For one person, it gained him a $10 code, for crying out loud.

why is it that so many gamers seek to cut other gamers at the knees? The complaints here literally cause you ZERO trouble (I can use all CAPS too!). Why scream like a GRUMPY OLD MAN because of it?

They can complain about what they want without any reason. Its called freedom of speech.

Edited by Nieird

I paid $15 for TftB.

giphy.gif

No one likes to see that quick of a price change, right after they bought something, though.. But it's life. For all of you that did pay $7.50, I suggest you drop everything you're doing and play it right now. You'll wish you gave Telltale more. ;) 

But if you want to ask for a refund, I get that, too. There's always more and more games to buy, and none of us have unlimited funds. ..Right? 

No as a consumer you don't have risks why do you think every store does a 30 day back guarantee it's fucked up sony did that i have tons of money but you're damn well sure i'd get my 4 dollar's back if i bought that game i advise anyone who bought it to please call and complain.

that telltale bundle is amazing steal

that telltale bundle is amazing ste

Individually they have all been cheaper . 5.50 per a game.

Game of Thrones at 5.

Borderlands 3.75

The other games have been 3.50.

Edited by Kishnabe

For those in the US (or NA if this works) who have bought Tales of Borderlands last week, contact customer support. I just got a refund back from them. Here's the link in case someone doesn't know where to go:

https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Support-tips/?

Scroll down to the bottom where it says "live chat"