Ps Over Gaming Computer?

CrimsonFalzar

So i bought a very very powerful gaming computer and i seem not to play it as much as i do my game systems... i mean it can handle BF4 On ultra maybe i'm just a guy who likes gameplay over graphics idk but another thing is i want to buy my games sit down and play them with my pc i feel like its always a hassle games always crashing for no reason controllers not working for computer. What do you guys think?

I like console gaming more because i dont have to be afraid that my pc is not able to run it  ( and come on .... recomment hardware is so not correct on back of games) .  I put the disc in my console and it runs :) .  I dont have to play with settings for 1-2 h to get perfect setting.

After few years i bought a new game on pc again  and to be honest , 50 % of settings i have no idea what they even do. 

^This

I also prefer using a controller to a keyboard and mouse. I know that controllers can work with PC's but they're a hassle to set up and aren't always compatible. Then there's the issue of upgrading every so often. With consoles they last 7-10 years with little to no upgrading while a gaming pc needs upgrading more often and at a higher cost.

• Like 1

Basically what Xionx and Kuuhaku said. With consoles, you don't have to check whether your computer's compatible, you just put the disc in and it runs on the maximum settings. Period. Not to mention it takes a lot longer before you're forced to upgrade. PC gaming can get really expensive really fast.

Not to mention the controller. I like something that actually adapts to your hand and has a button design and layout that actually makes gaming sense instead of a board with a lot of buttons that all have the same shape grouped way too close to one another. The mouse can also become really uncomfortable since you keep pressing the same button with the same finger the exact same way too many times. I know you can use controllers with a lot of games, but again, like Kuuhaku said, they're not always compatible and are a pain to set up. Not to mention, with a console, you can just lie down on your bed/sofa and play much more comfortably than sitting upright way too close to your computer screen.

If every game crashes on you then you might not have bought a very very powerful computer... Just saying :P 

But yeah i agree with all that has been said before. Consoles are much easier to get around. They're plug in and play while with PC it's best you have some general knowledge about the stuff. To be fair you don't need to upgrade that much to be able to run the newest games, as long as you're fine with running the games on medium settings. I'm still playing the newest games on Max settings with my almost 2year old gaming laptop. 

When it comes to controllers you can map every game to any (yes even your ps4 or ps3 one) controller if you use the right software. 

All in all it's about preference.... I see the best in both :D

Assuming I'm not hunting for trophies and it is not an awful pc port, I usually prefer the gaming pc because assuming your gaming pc is powerful enough, it has better graphics, higher framerate, and most importantly lower load times. (It also usually has its download speed capped at a much higher speed than what my ps4 can do for some reason)

• Like 1

So i bought a very very powerful gaming computer and i seem not to play it as much as i do my game systems... i mean it can handle BF4 On ultra maybe i'm just a guy who likes gameplay over graphics idk but another thing is i want to buy my games sit down and play them with my pc i feel like its always a hassle games always crashing for no reason controllers not working for computer. What do you guys think?

I think punctuation is more important than ever as more conversations and interactions move to online/digital means.

Also, aside from Civilization, I prefer to do all my gaming on my Vita. Even turning on my PS3 seems a little more inconvenient than picking up my Vita and playing.

• Like 1

If every game crashes on you then you might not have bought a very very powerful computer... Just saying :P

But yeah i agree with all that has been said before. Consoles are much easier to get around. They're plug in and play while with PC it's best you have some general knowledge about the stuff. To be fair you don't need to upgrade that much to be able to run the newest games, as long as you're fine with running the games on medium settings. I'm still playing the newest games on Max settings with my almost 2year old gaming laptop. 

When it comes to controllers you can map every game to any (yes even your ps4 or ps3 one) controller if you use the right software. 

All in all it's about preference.... I see the best in both :D

Some games aren't made for controller use at all, so sometimes crash based off that.

What you want to do OP is look for controller friendly games.  I'm the exact same, there's only one game I play on PC now and it's FFXIV which I don't really play, I'm mainly stuck to crafting etc (I got too used to battle with a controller).  I'm rather used to keyboard/mouse controls though as I spent 15 or so years playing MMORPG/RTSs that have required the use of them.

Xbox 360 wired controllers are probably the best for PC, no setting up required, plug and play.

Edited by DEMON

>Xbox controller

>playing a game

I thought it was common knowledge that the drivers for Xbox controllers were already installed in computers, so to use any other controller would actually just be a bother, don't you think?

Personally I prefer keyboard and mouse, the mouse allows me quicker reactions and more precise timings in regards to shooting games, the next of which... well lets say it's been anticipated for a long time (excuse my graphics, I don't have a gaming rig that gives that...crisp feel)

b89165ca82.jpg

For me it´s something like the OP. I have a good PC, Dualshock 4  compatible and a lot games on steam (most of them from Humble bundle); on PC I play games that are not on PS or Bethesda games (mods of course!) but I keep going back for trophies.

Right now Im trying to play Witcher 3 on steam but Im pretty sure I will buy it for PS when the GOTY it´s on sale

Edited by Dioscuri_MEX

Does that mean I should find it weird that with my 5 years before I joined onto the PS crew, I didn't dislocate my thumb at all whilst using the controller with thorough use :dunno:

Good for you, then =D

Or if you want to get a callus specifically on your right thumb because of how hard the face buttons are.

Eh? Even the face buttons are bad? =D

Eh? Even the face buttons are bad? =D

Much worse than on any Playstation controller. They work fine, it's just... they're really, really hard. I mostly play action games, and with the Dualshock, I can mash the face buttons all day long, but after a few days of playing on the X360, my thumb starts getting really sore. It takes about two weeks for the pain to go away completely.

Console pros

. You know when you buy one it's got at least a 5 year shelf life on average.

. No need to upgrade anything for a whole generation.

. Preowned games.

PC pros

. Way more games.

. Backwards compatible to infinity and beyond.

. Free online gaming.

. Cheaper game prices on average.

. Way more accessories, custom keyboards and mice and controllers and shit.

. Emulators all over the place.

. If you put in the time, money, and effort, you can have a beast that will still be capable ten years down the road.

Console negatives

. Exclusives are divided up between all the companies, meaning you can never have it all on one machine.

. Games usually cost more.

. Limited amount of available accessories.

. It costs to play online.

. Because all the online stuff goes through one service, they are often targeted for takedowns and stuff.

PC negatives

. You have to upgrade every now and then. 

. There's no unified store like PSN or XBL, sure there's Steam, but everyone else opens their own shitty store and make you use that as well.

. Since most games are digital only (or mostly) nowadays, there's no preowned market.

Since I got my PS2, I've been console only. Handhelds and phones and shit are cool and all, but I mean my main thing, it's never been and probably never will be a computer. That being said, it's plain to see the benefits of the supposed master race. Both sides have pros and cons, but going just by the numbers, PC wins hands down.

• Like 2

-snip-

I'm gonna ignore the fact that someone takes online as an advantage, you should not consider paying for online as a disadvantage.

It is a long feature for MS, but Sony only started with PS4. 

There are still many people who are going online on their PS3 without need to play online =)

(There are no people going online on Vita so let's omit that :awesome:)