C2 Invitational League ( And it is over )

Picked up the Platinum in Rocket league over night (had the controller rubber banded for miles) and have 1 trophy left until that's 100%. Nice easy plat and tons of trophies if any of you guys haven't played it. It was a freebie a while back for PS Plus so hope you picked it up. DLC was $12 US to give you an idea.

Weekends are going to be the place I get the bulk of my trophy points. During the week I've got the 9-5 job and then starting in a week, I'll lose Monday nights to play. :(

How's everyone else doing/what ya playing?

Congratulations of the Rocket League platinum! I found it enjoyable enough to play enough to earn the miles trophy legitimately, I think there's some more miles trophies in the DLC isn't there? That reminds me that I have to buy the DLC for it at some stage...

Why do you ask, do you need help getting the trophies from them? :D

I'm back with another platinum! Number 81 - Back to the Future: The Game. An enjoyable romp, while it lacked the choice mechanics Telltale is known for from their newer games, it was much longer and had many more puzzles than the new interactive cinema type of gameplay Telltale have adopted. 

I'm going to start working on my PS3 backlog tonight, starting with my first 3 picks:

Final Fantasy XIII

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Star Trek

I'll hopefully start Star Trek sometime this week, if HcG get's their copy for co-op. I'm playing FF as I type this, and as for Star Wars, I may get around to it this weekend. 

Congratulations on the Back to the Future: The Game platinum! How many PS3 games are in your backlog? Good luck clearing it!

Congratulations of the Rocket League platinum! I found it enjoyable enough to play enough to earn the miles trophy legitimately, I think there's some more miles trophies in the DLC isn't there? That reminds me that I have to buy the DLC for it at some stage...

Yeah, there are 3 paid DLC packs and 1 free one. One of the trophies requires you to drive 100km with a new set of wheels but the trophy pops around 10kms. I thought the game was fun for what it was worth but I don't have fond memories of playing the original version of this game which started to make Rocket league a little dull.

• Like 1

Well it looks like everyone is flying along. Personally felt like a little bit of diversity today so played

Grim fandango (vita). - interesting / ok

Ride (ps4) - shit

Driveclub bikes (ps4) - great

Just cause 3 (ps4) - awesome

Splinter cell blacklist (PS3) - surprising gem

Trine 2 (ps4) - love it

once again cashed in on a handful of bronze, going to start another 4 new games tomorrow just to ensure I avoid making any progress :)

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 2

Got my Infamous second son plat! Took me all day but pulled through, tommorow is either going to be Armello or First Light :)

I'm coming for you Saltyie ......

Salt is killing it right now....I hope you can catch him :)

Sooooo Simpgraus has fired up his system and got some trophies.....watch out guys :)

Looks like CJ is having some issues finding something to play...there's always Resident Evil

• Like 2

***Edit: This is the telltale version? and it has a plat? I played through the episodic version so is this different or the same game? I'm so confused right now lol

The trophy lists for Back to the Future can be pretty confusing. Just so you know, the PS3 physical version actually has a platinum as well as the re-release on PS4. The only version that doesn't have a platinum is the PS3 digital version. That one is broken down into 5 separate lists, one for each episode (which I thought was pretty annoying) and doesn't have a platinum. Learned that one the hard way after buying it in a sale last year.  :( They are all the same game though.

Enjoying watching the event as an observer and looking forward to seeing who wins the inaugural season.  Everyone keep up the good progress.  :)

• Like 1

I can't imagine a tougher game than Tales From the Borderlands, perfect to demonstrate Simpgraus' gaming prowess and skill.

Good God :o His skill is clearly legendary, playing such a tough game. How will anyone defeat him when he plays like this. We're all doomed.

• Like 1

One of the trophies requires you to drive 100km with a new set of wheels but the trophy pops around 10kms.

Thanks for confirming it. On a side note, I'm sure there will be plenty more DLC for Rocket League yet so I might wait a while to get back into it.

Got my Infamous second son plat! Took me all day but pulled through, tommorow is either going to be Armello or First Light :)

I'm coming for you Saltyie ......

Congratulations on the inFamous Second Son platinum!

Well it looks like everyone is flying along. Personally felt like a little bit of diversity today so played

Grim fandango (vita). - interesting / ok

Ride (ps4) - shit

Driveclub bikes (ps4) - great

Just cause 3 (ps4) - awesome

Splinter cell blacklist (PS3) - surprising gem

Trine 2 (ps4) - love it

once again cashed in on a handful of bronze, going to start another 4 new games tomorrow just to ensure I avoid making any progress :)

God damn, just thinking about playing 6 games at once is doing my head in (I play 2 games maximum at any given time) so I'm not sure how you remember stuff from all of them! Out of curiosity, how does Ride stack up against Driveclub Bikes?

Also how many new/unplayed games do you have!?

• Like 2

God damn, just thinking about playing 6 games at once is doing my head in (I play 2 games maximum at any given time) so I'm not sure how you remember stuff from all of them! Out of curiosity, how does Ride stack up against Driveclub Bikes?

Also how many new/unplayed games do you have!?

Driveclub bikes is much better, Ride is more of a simulator and while not a bad game the load time is atrocious between races. I actually like the mechanics more in Ride but it even feels slow when you play it compares to Driveclub bikes. It also had a stupid rewind option with no penalty to undo mistakes/crashes which mystifies me in a racing game.

And I have to many games obviously :)

So another day of random PSN connection drops which seems to be affecting my digital games a bit but still managed to start another 4 games,

1. Resident Evil HD

Not sure what I was expecting exactly, reminds me a lot of DMC but more enjoyable. Controllers take awhile to get handle of, and lack of any idea of where I'm suppose to go is another fun element, not to mention the 20 minutes required to figure out how to save. Still it definitely intrigues me so will be back to resume this one

2. Dragon Quest Heros - Something about a Tree blah blah

Love me a JRPG but really why the fark did I buy this. Talk about a button mashers paradise. Like all good JRPG's after an hours play have no idea what is going on but get the feelin as long as I mash hard and long it will all be good.

3. Dust : An Elysian Tale

Any game with a character called fridget demands to be played. To tired to make a real judgement but looks fine, short and not a lot of difficulty .... Perfect for me will definitely return.

4. Final Fantasy X / X2 / Xxx / Xfiles (Remastered)

Another JRP ? Ok so never played a FF game but been looking forward to it mainly for the killer soundtrack ( being a Muso and all ) and the fantastic haircuts. Can't say I was disappointed, plenty of cutscenes, turn based combat and enough gorgeous male characters to spark a little bisexual tendencies even in a purist like Fred Phelps. Another 100 + hour time sink that would love to come back to one day

So another 4 games tomorrow as the journey continues to hack through my backlog 1 percenting everything

Edited by cjshaitan

So another day of random PSN connection drops which seems to be affecting my digital games a bit but still managed to start another 4 games,

1. Resident Evil HD

Not sure what I was expecting exactly, reminds me a lot of DMC but more enjoyable. Controllers take awhile to get handle of, and lack of any idea of where I'm suppose to go is another fun element, not to mention the 20 minutes required to figure out how to save. Still it definitely intrigues me so will be back to resume this one

2. Dragon Quest Heros - Something about a Tree blah blah

Love me a JRPG but really why the fark did I buy this. Talk about a button mashers paradise. Like all good JRPG's after an hours play have no idea what is going on but get the feelin as long as I mash hard and long it will all be good.

3. Dust : An Elysian Tale

Any game with a character called fridget demands to be played. To tired to make a real judgement but looks fine, short and not a lot of difficulty .... Perfect for me will definitely return.

4. Final Fantasy X / X2 / Xxx / Xfiles

Another JRP ? Ok so never played a FF game but been looking forward to it mainly for the killer soundtrack ( being a Muso and all ) and the fantastic haircuts. Can't say I was disappointed, plenty of cutscenes, turn based combat and enough gorgeous male characters to spark a little bisexual tendencies even in a purist like Fed Phelps. Another 100 + hour time sink that would love to come back to one day

So another 4 games tomorrow as the journey continues to hack through my backlog 1 percenting everything

So you're just doing FDG's competition but 4 games a day instead of 1 :)

• Like 3

I started the Banner Saga on PS4 last night. Big mistake, the game oozes quality but it wants my full attention. Itll be shelved for now since I already have a big time consuming game on my plate right now - Final Fantasy 13. Pretty similar thoughts to CJ and his experience with FF. I have no idea what is going on though, at first I assumed the game was going to drip feed me info till i got the full picture, but nearly 5 hours in I still have no idea what half the spouted fantasy words mean. Pulse? Fal'cie? L'Cie? Cocoon?

Edit: Put a few more hours into 13 and its shaping up. Had to read the datalogs to understand the words being thrown around, but im getting there. My main problem with the game is how empty it is. So far it has just been dungeons with enemies, no hub or side content yet. And theres already pallet swapping, i was fighting red dog enemy, but now a stronger green dog enemy has been introduced, same design just diffferent colour pallets, lazy.

For now im taking a break from 13, its breaking my trophy streak. Ill probably start Saw 2 tonight, I said i wasnt going too, but i feel like playing it everytime i glance at it, no point forcing myself not to eh?

Edited by Saltyie

Driveclub bikes is much better, Ride is more of a simulator and while not a bad game the load time is atrocious between races. I actually like the mechanics more in Ride but it even feels slow when you play it compares to Driveclub bikes. It also had a stupid rewind option with no penalty to undo mistakes/crashes which mystifies me in a racing game.

Thanks, I was looking at Ride but I might wait until it's cheap and pick it up then. I'll probably play Driveclub Bikes first though, I think that Driveclub is awesome so more of that sounds great!

pretty much Figure if I burn threw enough games got to find one I can platinum :)

I'm sure you can platinum many games if you play them for longer than a few hours :P .

Anybody else have LittleBigPlanet 3 in their backlog?

Was thinking that some of us should try and work together throughout the year to get it done, possibly getting the Platinum even though its pretty rare.

Not me. I have 2 and karting. The first one took me ages to plat...Fun games when you have people to play with though.

I finished up another playthrough of Resident Evil yesterday for a whole whopping 4 trophies....woot.

Started OlliOlli2 and it's dreadful controls just made me want to vomit.

Started Thief and the stupid game froze during the middle of chapter 2 so just for forget it.

Went back to Resident Evil to start my collect everything run on normal and hope for 5 hours or less and went to a room and didn't pick everything up and now the room is inaccessible which means needs to start over.

I finally decided to start Super Time Force Ultra (backlog game) and it's pretty funny and enjoyed the first three levels. I'll probably stick with this until the plat.

I'll give a quick midway week stat for everyone:

Saltyie is in the lead with 228 points. The next closest person is 55 points behind.

Feral is losing with 0 points but can easily catch the next person who only has 7...

Can anybody catch Salt or will he eventually crash and burn at the rate he's going? He has two games that he's going to need to eventually play which may or may not slow him down

• Like 1

Well a more constructive day for me too,

About halfway through Ride, should finish it over weekend but will need to find someone for online races. If anyone has it / needs the online races let me know.

Almost finish Just Cause 3, few more story missions then mother of all collectible grind

Getting into Dust, Elysian tail seems like a fun little game and panders nicely to button mashers of the world

Started Lego dimensions (finally) and yes, yes it is awesome :)

Also had a few laughs in the chat today as we played various games, definitely drop in if you feel like having a laugh as you grind through

Edited by cjshaitan