Why so many first mission trophy unearned?

Lord_Mgolivets

First post yeah!

There is one thing that bugs me A LOT.

Whenever i buy a game, i see the trophy list, and almost every game have a trophy for finishing the first mission, like: 1 - 2 - 3

None of those trophy are at 100%, even they are the most simple trophy ever! Who would buy a game and then not even finish the first mission?

I'm confused. :hmm:

Many games have one misc trophy that can unlock before. Also, if people put the game, load the list and quit, it hurts the percentage. This is the reason why legend of shinobi isn't 100% with the initial trophy. Urushiro boots games only to add the trophy list and have the games listed as backlog.

How about this one in ACII

And yet, with 518k owners, only 507k have the trophy.

That means 11 thousand people bought the game, loaded it to the main menu, then never figured out how to press start xD

One of the starting trophies that were close to get 100% is from Sly 1. Literally, the trophy pops before you reach the main menu.

But still, out of 132,676 owners, 62 are missing the trophy: http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/469-Sly-Cooper-and-the-Thievius-Raccoonus/10-Sucker-Punched

This is exactly what I mean.

Buy the game > Can't figure how to press start > Rage quit and sell the ps?

• Like 1

The GTA and COD ones make sense since a lot of people just free roam / go online only in those games.

When you see things like the first trophy in Deadpool not having a 100% ratio, there's really no explanation. It's like, did you really start the game up, and leave within 2 minutes? Really?

I thought about launching every game i own so they appear on my trophy advisor.. Never did it but it but maybe some people had the samedi thought?

That's exactly what I have done. That's why there is over 100 games on my profile that are at 0%. So I'm partly responsible for some of the trophies not being at 100%, such as the GTA V one on the PS3.

It's handy to be able to see my entire backlog at a glance. It helps me pick the game I'm gonna tackle next.

• Like 1

That's exactly what I have done. That's why there is over 100 games on my profile that are at 0%. So I'm partly responsible for some of the trophies not being at 100%, such as the GTA V one on the PS3.

It's handy to be able to see my entire backlog at a glance. It helps me pick the game I'm gonna tackle next.

Hehe i knew i wasnt the only one to have thought about that :P.

I'll probably do it in the next few weeks. But it scares me, since i have around 150 unplayed games (from sales, PS+, ...)

Many games have one misc trophy that can unlock before. Also, if people put the game, load the list and quit, it hurts the percentage. This is the reason why legend of shinobi isn't 100% with the initial trophy. Urushiro boots games only to add the trophy list and have the games listed as backlog.

My name is kuuhaku now, not urushiro :P

Yeah. I load every trophy list I have as soon as I get the game. The first 4 trophies on my trophy adviser are for literally pressing start to start the game. No cutscenes or anything; just a trophy for pressing a single button a single time.

I do it because it makes it easier to check backlog and use trophy guides on the site. It's also more accurate for the average completion on the stats page (the one on the top of the profiles doesn't include 0% lists in the calculations.)

Edited by kuuhaku

How about this one in ACII

http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/201-Assassins-Creed-II/2-The-Birth-of-an-Assassin

Literally the game gives you this for just starting it up and watching the opening cutscene.

And yet, with 518k owners, only 507k have the trophy.

That means 11 thousand people bought the game, loaded it to the main menu, then never figured out how to press start xD

I am one of those people!! When I get new games, I load them up, sync to the server and update my profile on here. You will notice I have quite a few 0% games. The aim was to keep a record of what I have and so I didn't forget about them... yeah didn't really work so well tbh but I will be playing ACII soon! Just want to get LEGO Batman 3 & LEGO Chima out the way and then that and Watchdogs are the next two on my list to play :D

• Like 1

I didn't read every response on this thread, so sorry if it's been mentioned.

It's probably people who have <i>recently</i> bought the game, loaded the menu, but haven't gotten around to actually starting it.  It doesn't mean they didn't like the game, but the game is automatically added to your trophy list even if you don't play the game, so at any given time there are probably thousands of people for every game that haven't earned a single trophy.  They may play the game a week later, but by then those people have been replaced by a new batch of people who have recently purchased the game, and so on.

Just to use diskdocx example from page 1:

"And yet, with 518k owners, only 507k have the trophy.

That means 11 thousand people bought the game"

The raw number, 11k, sounds like a lot, but out of 518k, that means only 2.1 percent of people start the game and don't play it.  97.9 of people play the game normally.  That doesn't sound unreasonable.  That 2 percent could be made up of people who accidentally boot up one of their sibling's games, or kids who boot up games on their parents accounts by mistake.  There are plenty of reasons why it could happen.

• Like 1