Down for everyone or just me?

lesk8vaincra

This is pretty fucking irratating. Honestly, once a year this shit happens from a bunch of keyboard warriors. Can't belive big companies like Sony and Microsoft cant get better security systems.

Here's the problem you can't blame the companies if you really want to take psn or xbox down theirs not much they can do to stop it.I could do it and you could do it anyone could do it.

Does this affect trophies? I earned some while this happening and they don't show up when I go to my trophy list (it says unable to load trophies or something like that). Even though system does notify me when I earn a trophy. I'm on ps4.

Edited by Leascuad

Does this affect trophies? I earned some while this happening and they don't show up when I go to my trophy list (it says unable to load trophies or something like that). Even though system does notify me when I earn a trophy. I'm on ps4.

Yes, you can't view them offline on the ps4. You still earned them, you just can't sync them to your profile unless youre online.

This is pretty fucking irratating. Honestly, once a year this shit happens from a bunch of keyboard warriors. Can't belive big companies like Sony and Microsoft cant get better security systems.

This doesn't have that much to do with security tbh. And what is happening is extremely hard to avoid.

This is so weird, I figured since psn was down I'd watch some movies (DVD) and so I turned on my ps3 and it actually signed me in without any issues. So I figured it must be working now and I turned my ps4 on and it can't connect. So right now I'm online on my ps3 and I have a friend who's online on his ps3 as well. Whats going on?

When has this been down for everyone? I got the maintenance message about 5 hours ago, it's not really bugging me since i'm playing GTA3 anyway and it doesn't have any online features. Still down in the UK. Those DDOS virgins must be up to no good again. It's about time they got laid and stop bothering other people.

Edited by EternalChaos72

Got message about issues 9 hours ago on PS4. But PS3 still can sign-in n working well.

They have to explain exactly what going on. Every year since ps4 released we have troubles at this time.

Edited by KresTias

you can divert the traffic somewhere else yes  

But Sony probably dont know how to do that they never learn and they need to stop bullshitting everyone saying it just maintenance its obvious its not it happend last year at xmas and they said they would upgrade all there servers so it would only take an hour or so to clear obviously not since its been down for about 7 now good job Sony useless as per usual :) 

you can divert the traffic somewhere else yes  

But Sony probably dont know how to do that they never learn and they need to stop bullshitting everyone saying it just maintenance its obvious its not it happend last year at xmas and they said they would upgrade all there servers so it would only take an hour or so to clear obviously not since its been down for about 7 now good job Sony useless as per usual :)

The difference between microsoft and sony when this happens is amazing say whatever you want but microsoft has online down pat if live goes out it's only down for a few hours with sony it takes awhile.

• Like 1

As of now, this is what I've been able to pull off:

• Sign into PSN on both PSTV and PS3
  • Sync trophies on PSTV
  • Access the PSN Store on PSTV
  • Access the PSN Store on PS3, only to be immediately logged out.

Like usual, it looks like it's going to take some time before things begin to clear up.

The difference between microsoft and sony when this happens is amazing say whatever you want but microsoft has online down pat if live goes out it's only down for a few hours with sony it takes awhile.

Sony has always been bad about online. But they're the greatestest company in the world!

Pro tip: Don't buy digital content. The current outage shows once again why this is not recommended by any means.

Amen to that.