Sony: "Stay Tuned for PS+, PS Now, and video rental extensions"

Nihiris-

Sony is actually being beyond generous if they're willing to extend subscriptions for even a day. Really not that bad of an outage. It was probably 12-16 hours at most.

I think it was ~10 hours or so. I wasn't even able to play during that time, whether the network was up or not lol

Edited by Death_Ninja

Was there an outage? Didn't even realized it :lol:

(still my internet being really bad lately may have had something to do with me not noticing anything, since for the last 2 weeks everything that I download seams to be corrupted and fails to install, on PS3/4/V and also on my PC..).

Still I'm not looking forward to those news.. something tells me that may be more bad news to the PS+ program..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

This maintenance actually hit me hard yesterday, was looking forward to playing some Gauntlet. Most offline games like super meat boy have a leaderboard, and that damn maintenance message kept popping after every level I completed! Only after I found out that you can switch off these kind of notices in the settings. 

Was there an outage? Didn't even realized it :lol:

(still my internet being really bad lately may have had something to do with me not noticing anything, since for the last 2 weeks everything that I download seams to be corrupted and fails to install, on PS3/4/V and also on my PC..).

Still I'm not looking forward to those news.. something tells me that may be more bad news to the PS+ program..

More bad news? I thought the PS+ program was a roaring success and major money earner for Sony?

More bad news? I thought the PS+ program was a roaring success and major money earner for Sony?

More bad new for me, nor for Sony.. It doesn't matter how you see it, the PS+ program got much worst for the consumer since the PS4 came out and they made it mandatory for online gaming in it..

For Sony it's obvious a success otherwise they would have dropped it by now..

Anyone who complains about not being able to play video games for a few hours one night, should throw their consoles in the trash asap.

We don't want you.

OT - If they do anything, adding 1 day to our subscriptions would be more than sufficient.

At the end of the day it's a service that people have paid for, and if someone pays for something, they expect it to work and for them to be able to use it. So get off your high horse

• Like 4

At the end of the day it's a service that people have paid for, and if someone pays for something, they expect it to work and for them to be able to use it. So get off your high horse

On the other hand, he has a point in one thing.

No service can guarantee working 100% of their runtime. If someone does, it's an obvious fake. xD

That's why even PSN guarantees 99% uptime at best.

And if it was DDoS again, they cannot do anything.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

I'm kool with it. Wasn't online all day anyway lol and besides, if its a 1 day extension, that's fine as some may need that extra day to renew their subscription. Plus, we already gotten an extension from last year's outage. Keep piling up those extra days!! I'm happy with it lol :P

On the other hand, he has a point in one thing.

No service can guarantee working 100% of their runtime. If someone does, it's an obvious fake. xD

That's why even PSN guarantees 99% uptime at best.

And if it was DDoS again, they cannot do anything.

People complain about the weather and there's jack you can do about that, should i tell them to throw their consoles in the trash to?

• Like 1

Some people have narrow windows for gaming a week, If you had only one hour a week to play destiny and that was all you played and servers are down you'd be annoyed to.

If you payed for a console to play it only one hour a week, you have bigger issues than server downtime. Also this assumes Everyone plays that shitty Online game.

Welcome to Earth, where not everything works 100%, 100% of the time.

1.If you payed for a console to play it only one hour a week, you have bigger issues than server downtime.

2.Also this assumes Everyone plays that shitty Online game.

3.Welcome to Earth, where not everything works 100%, 100% of the time.

1. WTF. Bigger issues like professional life, personal life, other hobbies?

2. Not really, even singlepayer games don't work when PSN is down  (Need For Speed, The Crew, etc)

3. Right. Welcome to mediocricity, where you accept bad service for a paid service.

• Like 1

If you payed for a console to play it only one hour a week, you have bigger issues than server downtime. Also this assumes Everyone plays that shitty Online game.

There's way more to life than gaming. Regardless of if you dislike the game a lot of people enjoy it and are happy to play it, if something makes people happy and isn't harming anyone who are we to criticise.

i don't see how people having different gaming tastes should effect you, there are plenty of games which need connections to servers now.

• Like 2