Post Your Top 3 Favorite Movies Of All Times

Porchema

It's pretty hard to pick really. Any movie i have given a 9/10 or 10/10 i'd consider a favorite movie of mine. But 3 that really stand out are,

• Requiem for a Dream, i have watched this at least 3 times and it still gave me chills every time i watched it. It's a story about 3 youngsters and what happens when they get addicted to drugs.
  • Alien 2, pure bliss thriller entertainment.
  • Memories of Murder, 2 detectives take on the case of a series of dead women in a small Korean town. However, the movie itself takes an interesting approach on the normal 'run of the mill' detective movies. It's funny, thrilling and most importantly it's one of those movies where once you've seen it, it won't leave your thoughts for a long time. 

Honorable mentions; Star Wars trilogy, Lotr trilogy, Kill Bill, Reservoir Dogs, Fight Club, The Green Mile, Léon the professional, The Silence of the lambs, Blade Runner, Zombie Land, The Usual Suspects, American Psycho, Kick-Ass, Memento, Oldboy, Gangs of New York, The Thing, Life of Pi, Hot Fuzz, Cloverfield, Madagascar, In Bruges, 12 monkeys, Moon, The Truman Show, Ocean's Eleven, The Raid Redemption, Army of Darkness, The Devil's Advocate, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Wall-E, District 9, Wreck-it Ralph, Ice Age, Ip-Man, Predator, The Mist, Equilibrium, Galaxy Quest, Identity, Collateral, Dark City, Lord of War, Battle Royal, Pitch Black, I Saw the Devil, ...

Too many good movies to list really.

Edited by Zone Hunter

Memories of Murder, 2 detectives take on the case of a series of dead women in a small Korean town. However, the movie itself takes an interesting approach on the normal 'run of the mill' detective movies. It's funny, thrilling and most importantly it's one of those movies where once you've seen it, it won't leave your thoughts for a long time. 

Great movie indeed. Definitely in my top 5. But..

what's your opinion about the murderer? Admittedly, the movie is based on authentic story and the case has not been solved to this day (if I remember correctly, the case reached the statute of limitation in 2006 so even if he get caught he won't be charged) but it still thought-provoke the recipient. I believe that the true essence of the film is to show the method of conducting investigations and general characteristics of the lead investigators. The rest is up to the viewer.

Great movie indeed. Definitely in my top 5. But..

what's your opinion about the murderer? Admittedly, the movie is based on authentic story and the case has not been solved to this day (if I remember correctly, the case reached the statute of limitation in 2006 so even if he get caught he won't be charged) but it still thought-provoke the recipient. I believe that the true essence of the film is to show the method of conducting investigations and general characteristics of the lead investigators. The rest is up to the viewer.

I agree. I always thought it was meant as some kind of satire of the Korean police forces of that time.

To be fair, it has been a pretty long time since i watched Memories of Murder so i can't really recall the details of the case. Although i do remember that i did spent some time thinking about it when i finished watching it.

One thing that's always stuck with me was that last scene when, 

He returns to the scene and looks one last time in the ditch just to be sure he didn't miss any clue that might've led to the killer. A girl walks by and tells him another man came by, looking at the exact same spot a couple of weeks ago. Obviously it could've been the murderer, so he asks what he looked like. The girl explains he looked ordinary, nothing really special. He then watches in the camera, thinking about how the killer probably was in front of him all the time and how he was unable to spot him because he looked in the wrong places (known criminals, people who you'd think they would be deranged enough to commit murders) 

Another wildly believed meaning of the ending is that the detective faced the camera with that look, looking at the killer -  who could be watching the movie.

Beautiful ending, really. It's probably the reason why it's in my top 3 instead of oldboy or I saw the Devil.

I should definitely rewatch it sometime soon.

Edited by Zone Hunter
  • Like 1

1. The Prestige -psychological drama about 2 magicians in a feud. I'm not going to say any more because I don't want to use spoilers.

2. Dark Knight - Best superhero movie ever

3. Inception - Traveling within dreams to implant an idea into a man's mind. Of course, another psychological thriller.

Christopher Nolan is one of the best directors out there .

• Like 1

Due to the extreme difficulty in answering this question, I will openly disregard 'top 3 films', and list some of my favorites. 

A Clockwork Orange

The Shining 

Pulp Fiction

Double Indemnity

Taxi Driver

Bande à part

Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Star Wars Saga

Run Lola Run

Sorry to those titles who did not make the list, but I could go on for days!

How could I forget!! My two favorite westerns:

The Searchers

High Noon 

Hmm, if I had to choose 3, they'd be in this order for reasons:

Interstellar - For many many many reasons this movie is at the top of my list, but that Soundtrack tho.

Guardians of the Galaxy - Not much to say here.

The Revenant - While this is based on a true story, only about 15% of what happens in the movie is true to what actually happened. Still an amazing movie.

I'm gonna cheat on number 1 and count them as one because I can't decide (and for the sake of variety)

1) Star Wars: The Original Trilogy: Timeless classics.

2) The Dark Knight: This movie is not only one hell of superhero movie, but one of the best crime dramas in recent memory.

3) Independence Day: With the exception of the Star Wars Original trilogy, I have watched this movie more times than any other.

Edited by matchpenalty