what games did you absolutely hate at first but came to at least like or love?

Infected Elite

Hyperdimension Neptunia, I despised it because had moe girl on the cover and my assumtion was that is going to be shit, feel in love with the characters personalities and the give no fuck attitude of the series. Now I have all the games and working on getting all the platinums.

• Like 2

Hyperdimension Neptunia, I despised it because had moe girl on the cover and my assumtion was that is going to be shit, feel in love with the characters personalities and the give no fuck attitude of the series. Now I have all the games and working on getting all the platinums.

nice. an old friend of mine used to play those games, before he just MIA his account. I never got around to trying one. But have heard fairly good things.

• Like 1

nice. an old friend of mine used to play those games, before he just MIA his account. I never got around to trying one. But have heard fairly good things.

Well if you ever try it, go for Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 1 since in my opinion it is the best in the series and if you don't like it than you know the series is not for you.

• Like 1

it might be a rare case, but back in the ps2 era, a friend of mine kept raving about how great MGS 3 was, so i played it, and i just absolutely found it fun. I think because at the time i really only liked RPG and Hack/Slash type games and was never big on stealth or cutscenes. However, now MGS is one of my favorite franchises. 

Saints Row 3, there's no describing how disappointed I was with the story and mission direction. But after about a year of coping, I got it for free and actually enjoyed the hell out of it, felt like a different game. I mean the story was still shitty, but flying around and crap was very fun.

For me, it'd have to be Demon's Souls. That game was brutal and mean, and I had never played anything like it before. The trophies were also a pain in the ass. I hated it, and yet it was addictive. Now I love the entire franchise, and Demon's Souls is one of my favorite games of all time.

Edited by LittleLamb121

Assassins creed, The name alone just seemed so stupid I thought it was another mindless xbox game. I got Ass Creed 2 for free and started playing it, well once I got to Italy I was hooked. It was a history lesson with a new kind of story. I've played the entire series since.

Gears of War 1,2 and 3. No idea why I bought these, I started Gow when it was new and just thought it was crapola. Well just recently I've played 1,2 and 3 followed by the remake of one. Sometimes you just need a simpler game, Marcus and the guys/gals really grew on me.

• 2 weeks later...

Not that I really particularly like it now, but I certainly dislike it way less:

Thief (2014). I played with all the modifiers at the highest difficulty setting (you can't do any damage, receive any damage, ever be detected, etc.), and it was immensely frustrating. I quit the game after two levels, tried again after a couple of months (after gathering some stealth experience) and all of a sudden it was actually pretty enjoyable, and I cleared up the remaining 12 or so chapters in one or two sittings. 

Batman: Arkham Origins

It was my first time ever playing a game like that, I am a die hard RPG gamer so games like this never really grasped my attention. I do love Batman and the game so happened to come free with my PS3 along with the Last of Us so I actually decided to give Arkham Origins a try. I was really enjoying the story to be honest but I absolutely hated the gameplay, I thought it was far too difficult and I found myself getting stuck everywhere.

I had...

• no idea how to navigate around the map
  • no idea that silent takedowns could be performed without using knock out smash until my 2nd playthrough
  • no idea how to fight Deathstroke
  • no idea that you had to use stealth in predator rooms

So I gave up on the game for over 6 months before deciding to give it another try, it is the reason I got into the Arkham series and is actually my favourite of the 3 PS3 installments contrary to popular fan opinion.

Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3)

Despised this game originally for several reasons.

• The gameplay
  • the combat
  • Compa's annoying speech patterns
  • Game's overall difficulty and the amount of time it took me to adapt to the game's overall mechanics

Another game I gave up on for months before giving it another shot. After giving it another try I actually bothered to learn how to play the game this time, I learnt to appreciate it mostly for its story and actually enjoyed the to the bitter end when I gave it the time and devotion it deserved. Well worth my time I must say!