How much time until i can update profiles again?

Pavani_

Unless something has changed, I don't believe there is a strict timeline for length of the ban. Sly or one of the mods used to clear the cache of banned IP's whenever they get a chance during the week. So, could be up to a week or just a couple of hours depending on when they clear it.

Oh, my bad. I misunderstood the Q.

His last profile update was 8 minutes ago (someone doing charity after seeing this thread, i suppose) and his last trophy was earned yesterday. He was definitely not updating his own profile. I can smell stalkers from far far away. Saw him on my recent visitors a couple times already as well. Dem stalkers.

His last profile update was 8 minutes ago (someone doing charity after seeing this thread, i suppose) and his last trophy was earned yesterday. He was definitely not updating his own profile. I can smell stalkers from far far away. Saw him on my recent visitors a couple times already as well. Dem stalkers.

You're so cynical, going around keeping tabs on everyone... :P

It wasn't his profile that he was updating. Self updating don't ban you, heavily stalking people does.

Thanks for coming out of the bushes, Pavani. I'll have my eyes on you from now on.

You're a little obsessed with that stalker stuff lol

Anyway, it was saturday, i was doing some research and comparing my profile to others, because i want to 100% mine.

You gave me some tips with Binding of Isaac, that's why i know you lol

It wasn't his profile that he was updating. Self updating don't ban you, heavily stalking people does.

Thanks for coming out of the bushes, Pavani. I'll have my eyes on you from now on.

Out of curiosity, what is the issue with "stalking" someone on this website? 

Parker

• Like 3

Parker

Stalkers update the stalked's profiles enough times for a temporary ban, then post new topics asking how long until the ban is lifted so they can do one less update per time period to keep from getting banned?

So in reality: nothing. Annoying topics can be ignored, but it's difficult for some people, like TheYuriG, who has hundreds of stalkers here. Although he keeps replying to their pleas to be unbanned, and thus only encourages them to keep stalking him. Eek. Vicious cycle!

It's a thing to protect the site from Bots. It was taken down by automated bots about a year ago, IIRC.

Anyway, I think it's 24 hours. 

As a premium member, you should be able to update your profile every 60 seconds, so you must have been pushing that button pretty damn fast to get banned...

I don't think so I couldn't update my profile for over 3 weeks once ! This freaking sucks !

Parker

Depends on the type of the stalker, i don't even care about the silent ones, but some people scare me. I had people visiting my profile up yo 10x a day and it's not the greatest feeling there is out there. I have PMs from SausySpinach DEMANDING an explanation of why i completed LIMBO on the PS4 within 30 minutes. I've got some PMs when I was flagged calling me stuff i don't want to recall. I deleted them back then because i didn't know you could report them for grief. Talking about the flag, it was Akira who noticed it and made a public profile feed post (oh thanks, that was very polite and discreet of yours) about it.

Annoying topics can be ignored, but it's difficult for some people, like TheYuriG, who has hundreds of stalkers here. Although he keeps replying to their pleas to be unbanned

Wow, you really know a lot more about me than i thought. Let me know if you are unemployed, i could use you as Secretary to fill up my agenda for me.

Also, a hundred? Wow, i could name a dozen that i constantly keep track of, but i didn't know there was that many. You are really good at this thing, congratulations.

You're so cynical, going around keeping tabs on everyone... :P

Keep your friends close, your enemies closer and eyes on the back to watch the stalkers. Rule of thumb.

You're a little obsessed with that stalker stuff lol

Anyway, it was saturday, i was doing some research and comparing my profile to others, because i want to 100% mine.

You gave me some tips with Binding of Isaac, that's why i know you lol

Nah, i was just messing around, but it's understandable that you and Daiv took it seriously since both don't talk to me often so you aren't used to my serious tone when I'm messing with people. Urushiro (fuck kuuhaku) once told me that i should use :P and :awesome: more often to avoid confusing people, but i never remember to. Hope you didn't get offended by it. :D
  • Like 1

Wow, you really know a lot more about me than i thought. Let me know if you are unemployed, i could use you as Secretary to fill up my agenda for me.

Also, a hundred? Wow, i could name a dozen that i constantly keep track of, but i didn't know there was that many. You are really good at this thing, congratulations.

Keep your friends close, your enemies closer and eyes on the back to watch the stalkers. Rule of thumb. Nah, i was just messing around, but it's understandable that you and Daiv took it seriously since both don't talk to me often so you aren't used to my serious tone when I'm messing with people. Urushiro (fuck kuuhaku) once told me that i should use :P and :awesome: more often to avoid confusing people, but i never remember to. Hope you didn't get offended by it. :D

I thought saying you have hundreds of stalkers here was absurd enough that you would realize I was joking. I remember one other thread where you mentioned a stalker so I thought I'd crack a joke. I sure wish someone would suggest a sarcastic font so others would know when people are being sarcastic.

Depends on the type of the stalker, i don't even care about the silent ones, but some people scare me. I had people visiting my profile up yo 10x a day and it's not the greatest feeling there is out there. I have PMs from SausySpinach DEMANDING an explanation of why i completed LIMBO on the PS4 within 30 minutes. I've got some PMs when I was flagged calling me stuff i don't want to recall. I deleted them back then because i didn't know you could report them for grief. Talking about the flag, it was Akira who noticed it and made a public profile feed post (oh thanks, that was very polite and discreet of yours) about it.

You're too paranoid. What are some random internet dudes, likely in another country, going to do over PlayStation trophies? 

Parker

• Like 1

You can look up others' profiles without updating them. Just type in psnprofiles.com/username so that this doesn't happen again. :P

You're too paranoid. What are some random internet dudes, likely in another country, going to do over PlayStation trophies? 

Parker

*sigh* yeah Parker, i was totally serious and worried about people coming to my house at night, that was not a joke at slightest...

OT I've derailed this topic enough with my babble and i believe the TC has the answer he needs, so i won't be replying any further to this topic.

41uMFZ68pSL.jpg

"Roman, don't be ridiculous! You're being paranoid"

And then his cab depot burns.
  • Like 1

It isn't an automatic process.

The unbanning is doing manually by the admin every so often.

As far as I remember.

It's done, i can stalk again hehe

Parker

I live in the same country as Yuri , i'll be looking though his windows tonight  :ninja:

Hope you didn't get offended by it. :D

Nah, it's okay 

• Like 1