Iutycyr Tower Tips

RobertMeownyJR

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just finished last night. This guide helped a ton, but I have a few small things to add.

Inventory management is probably the most annoying part of this whole experience. Whenever possible keep (2) or (3) stacks of items instead of just 1. Also, you can drink potions and read books off the ground. Move over the item you want, after it says your inventory is full, use the check command. If it's something you need just hit drink or read and viola. It helps with needless inventory shifting just to pick up an item you're going to use immediately.

The founder - when he first shows up and turns you into a goon he'll teleport away, giving you several turns to make it to the elevator and escape.

Tonberry treasure

I screwed this up the first time. I found the first secret room and hit the wrong stone. When I hit the correct one it opened the elevator but didn't give me the treasure. I went ahead and did the other two rooms correctly, but it wouldn't let me fight the tonberrys, so I had to start the process over.

Everything I read says you'll find the secret stone rooms in this order: circle, triangle, x. On my 2nd attempt I found the X room second. I hit the correct stone, picked up the item, and saved in a new slot. Upon finding and competing the triangle room last it allowed me to fight the tonberrys, so it doesn't actually matter what order you find the rooms.

Thanks again for compiling all this information.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

I think the biggest issue for me is the start I get no where near these tips becasue all my dresses keep breaking due to running out of HP, I love rouge type games but this tower is just annoying.

I won't deny that this is an annoying and honestly bad rogue-like lite but the two hardest parts of the game, if you choose Rikku, is getting a new dress sphere as Thief is horribly low on HP and getting Doom Proof accessory before the floors with the guys who cast Doom. Literally all RNG up to that point. I managed to get it done in one try even though the game refused to give me Gun Mage dress spheres so my sphere was horribly under leveled for awhile.

1 hour ago, Yadilie said:

I won't deny that this is an annoying and honestly bad rogue-like lite but the two hardest parts of the game, if you choose Rikku, is getting a new dress sphere as Thief is horribly low on HP and getting Doom Proof accessory before the floors with the guys who cast Doom. Literally all RNG up to that point. I managed to get it done in one try even though the game refused to give me Gun Mage dress spheres so my sphere was horribly under leveled for awhile.

I never find any items with dig, I am using a long range dresssphere to save HP becasue I can never seem to find items to level them up. I have yet to find any Save Memos, Copy Techniques, and Restart Guides, the list of issues goes on. Ah well I will keep picking at it I guess.

• 2 months later...

Have just finished, and wow did this guide help. Many thanks. Struggled a bit in the beginning, but once you have a high level dark knight and the necessary accessories it's all plain sailing.

One thing that I didn't see mentioned anywhere is that the tonberry treasure trophy has a small glitch. If you happen to create an accessory while in the room, the trophy will not pop until you have picked it up both the treasure AND the accessory you made. So don't leave the room if the trophy hasn't yet triggered. That little quirk cost me nearly 90 mins of quitting and reloading!

16 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

So, I have a couple of dumb questions, since I just got back into FFX-2.

1. Is the tower of lutycyr in the "Last Mission" from the main menu?
  2. If so, do you need to finish ffx-2 to play it? Does it have anything to do with ffx-2?

This guide looks pretty helpful.

1. The tower is all that is in Last Mission, except for the odd cutscene

2. It's pretty much an entirely seperate game. I can't remember if there are any story spoilers, but if you don't care about that you don't need to have even started the main game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steveg922 said:

1. The tower is all that is in Last Mission, except for the odd cutscene

2. It's pretty much an entirely seperate game. I can't remember if there are any story spoilers, but if you don't care about that you don't need to have even started the main game.

Thanks much. I played FFX-2 over and over back in the day, so I know it well. It's good to know that I can start it any time.

18 minutes ago, Venocide said:

I do, it just takes a while. I did complete about 20 (mostly) shitty indie games recently, if those count? :D 

Suuuure it does, but that makes it seem like shitty platinums are all you can do. Only 1 UR trophy!? Get out of here with that nonsense! :P You need to start getting some more respectable plats under your belt. FFX-2 would be a decent start. :P

15 hours ago, Venocide said:

I do, it just takes a while. I did complete about 20 (mostly) shitty indie games recently, if those count? :D 

I know the feeling. I take breaks on my games all the time.

14 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Only 1 UR trophy!? 

That's pretty crazy. With so many plats under his belt, I figured the law of averages would take hold...

...what the hell is the "law of averages", anyway? It sounds like a gambler's fallacy to me. xD

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I've put this off for 3,5 years, but I finally set my mind to it and got through it. Using the incentive of making FFX-2 my 300th platinum. The same way I made FFX my 250th platinum when  had real trouble getting that last chocobo training race, dodging the birds while collecting the balloons wasn't my thing it seems.

I do have a few things to add to the guide on PSNProfiles and to what CyToSiNe has written. While their information is extremely useful by the time you've reached the 15th floor or something, I had major trouble getting past the 5th floor, which is why I quit all those years ago. My other major frustrations are about the lack of information about how this dungeon works. So here's what I would have liked to know before starting:

- This is a one time dungeon, no going out or boosting your dresses for a next run, and if you do get kicked out you lose everything and you might as well start a new game if this happens before floor 11. If you get kicked out later, you really weren't paying attention and can load up a previous save.

- Spend as much time grinding exp on the first 10 floors as is possible, with the founder as a time limit. Later on this grinding still has value, though not as necessary.

- If you don't get a dark knight before floor 6, start a new game.

- If you get lady luck before you get the dark knight + white mage + black mage combo, keep it to replenish your MP. I got black mage as my last dress, and I was already using the dark knight's black sky attack with the white mage to cure Yuna's HP. I used lady luck up till floor 28, at which point I finally got my first black mage.

Other notes:

- I never used the triple tiara since my magic stat reached 295. I threw it away on the 56th floor, it was taking up space.
- Starting as Rikku isn't a bad thing since you can steal from the founder from floor one that way. And when you get the songstress dress sphere you can change character.

- I got three copy techniques (2) from digging before I got my first 'find secret room'. And with the 4th copy from the secret rooms I ended up with a level 99 dark knight, gun mage, black mage and white mage. Which pushed my magic stat and made the final boss a joke. Using any kind of demi on it was a waste of time. The dark knight's black sky ability did just over 1000 total damage every time, which means I had to use black sky 4 times per final boss fight. My physical attack hit the final boss for 70 damage, 210 on a critical hit. So also 210 with the triple tiara, if I had used that, which would have been rather pointless compared to black sky. In fact, I barely used any other attack than black sky, from the point I was able to use it.

- I also used lady luck to get back the MP used for digging. I dug up to 20 times on each floor, until I got 5 items. It took till floor 37 to come across my first find secret room (2), and since I had a notepad (2), I copied it, and got rid of the trainer dress sphere.

• 4 weeks later...

Completed the game an got the platinum, thanks to all of you.

I've never used Trainer (except for learning the spot-traps ability, that I've totally forgotten after I got the accessory that let you evade all traps) in my playthrough since it was just a waste of time and MP, I preferred to steal from the Founder (do it till you get Find Secret Room (3), I got a single item that let me go three times) at each level from F01 to F19, steal from Ochu boss the item that let you restart the tower without losing and repeat a few times until you're ready.

In the end I used the same DS as OP:

Dark Knight (active)
Gun Mage (passive)
White Mage (passive)
Black Mage (passive)
Mascot (passive)

DK at LV99, the others nearly 20-25.

Triple Tiara is useful until a certain point, then I preferred Firaga (I had Yuna) to deal more damage, since with this set your physical attack is nearly useless (30 per attack versus 300 per Firaga, at 70+ floors)

EDIT/ also try to get the accessory (and equip, of course) that makes shops sell more items (don't remember the combination), it will be incredibly useful... especially if you have the item that lets you go to a DS shop, you'll have good chances to buy the dresspheres you need at higher levels (level 3, 4 and 5) than you'll find normally (except from stealing from Founder, but with small chances)

Edited by Dr_Stranamore

• 5 months later...

My RnG is pure shit in this tower of Wtf, the main game took quite awhile 120 hours and I'm very stoked and satisfied to go all the way, never actually beat FFX-2 when it came out.

When reading all of the tips it sounds pretty easy but when you actually start playing it's really annoying.

Just get this and get this and you will be god mode, just dig up and get this. reload your save and try again.

Seriously why in the hell did FF even add this on here..

RTS why why Rts I hate Rts. ? it was fun in high school, looking at you final fantasy tactics.

There's thy vent, human i am human i am.

69532757.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 14/01/2016 at 8:07 PM, CyToSiNe said:

Utilize the guides on Gamefaqs to figure out what levels you need to use your Confuseproof accessory or Doomproof accessory (you'll never have to use both at once, so ALWAYS have your Stealth Cloak on Except for the final boss) and to figure out what the unlock requirements are for every elevator. 

For the final boss use the Triple Tiara and Confuseproof.

Just adding here for ease:

17~19, 21~22: Confuse
25~28: Doom
37~39: Confuse
41~44: Doom
45~48: Confuse
65~66, 69: Doom
75~76, 80: Confuse

Edited by Sythroz
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...