New DOOM Campaign Trailer

Redgrave

Looks like it's going to be really wild, even more than Wolfenstein, which gives me good expectations. Especially with the soundtrack. I just hope the rest of the guns aside from the shotgun are louder. The trailer made them quiet but I'm chalking it up as a trailer thing.

Still, can't wait to rip and tear!

• Like 4

I just hope the rest of the guns aside from the shotgun are louder. The trailer made them quiet but I'm chalking it up as a trailer thing.

Yeah, probably just a trailer thing, I'm guessing; heavy on the hype music. Still, it looks pretty damn good. I just hope the level design is as interesting and fun as the original.

Looks like it's going to be really wild, even more than Wolfenstein, which gives me good expectations. Especially with the soundtrack. I just hope the rest of the guns aside from the shotgun are louder. The trailer made them quiet but I'm chalking it up as a trailer thing.

That was my biggest gripe with the alpha test - the weapons just didnt seem "meaty" enough.  Anyway the trailer looks great.  Day 1 purchase I reckon.

It looks amazing, Also I'm glad they updated the Cover Art, It looks much better in my opinion. Although It would have been brilliant to see an updated version of the original Doom Cover Art.

If the updated boxart is of Doomguy standing there with a gun in his hands, then I have to say I'm pretty unimpressed. I think that boxart looks absolutely boring, unoriginal, and I'm honestly pretty tired of devs using that same exact kind of "Guy with a gun facing towards/away from the camera" style of cover art. I'm also not too keen on them simplifying the DOOM logo by making it pure white. I'd much rather they use something similar to the original logo's design, or something like DOOM 3's interpretation of it.

As far as the game goes, it looks like a lot of fun, and I'm glad they added more colour after all the complaints about it looking so drab at their conference last year. Looks much better in that regard. I did notice that the visual fidelity seemed toned down, and the body with the shotgun had its head intact for this trailer, as opposed to being gibbed in the original presentation.

If the updated boxart is of Doomguy standing there with a gun in his hands, then I have to say I'm pretty unimpressed. I think that boxart looks absolutely boring, unoriginal, and I'm honestly pretty tired of devs using that same exact kind of "Guy with a gun facing towards/away from the camera" style of cover art. I'm also not too keen on them simplifying the DOOM logo by making it pure white. I'd much rather they use something similar to the original logo's design, or something like DOOM 3's interpretation of it.

As far as the game goes, it looks like a lot of fun, and I'm glad they added more colour after all the complaints about it looking so drab at their conference last year. Looks much better in that regard. I did notice that the visual fidelity seemed toned down, and the body with the shotgun had its head intact for this trailer, as opposed to being gibbed in the original presentation.

I agree about the Doom logo, I don't like how it's white either. It's too simplified in my opinion and it would have been better to use a logo similar to Doom 3.

They did the same with Wolfenstein: The New Order and i bet they'll do the same when/if they make a new Quake game lol.

I know they did it with Wolfenstein: The New Order, but Wolfenstein 3D's original logo was simple yellow text. Not just that, but every other iteration has simply been red text with a white border, so it wasn't as annoying as what they're doing with DOOM's. 

Edited by Jenni

I know they did it with Wolfenstein: The New Order, but Wolfenstein 3D's original logo was simple yellow text. Not just that, but every other iteration has simply been red text with a white border, so it wasn't _as_ annoying as what they're doing with DOOM's. 

I still don't see any problem with it...