SEGA to show new game in a few weeks.

Daniel_Shadow170

No sorry I didn't see your previous reply, my screen refreshed to the last post.

So I replied to Satoshi with my last post not you... but now I will address you ;)

Anything can happen with SEGA, it all depends on money and licenses... JAEPO is an expo as you know, I am tying my hopes of no Shenmue announcement at the start of this month yet (which is unusual in itself) to some expected news from SEGA....

I believe Shenmue re-mastered is coming... let us just say that a year ago Shenmue I and II remastered probably had 10 million times more chance of happening than a whole new Shenmue III being created and released... and yet here we are...

Edited by JapanimeGamer

Why is it optimistic?

Shenmue III is being created right now.

It would make sense to introduce people to the beginning of the story prior to this getting released...

Besides... this more than ever is the era of the re-master.

I would say it was more likely that Shenmue I and II will get released rather than 'optimistic'.

I doubt it. Sega are looking for games that sell in high numbers and Shenmue isn't that. 

I doubt it. Sega are looking for games that sell in high numbers and Shenmue isn't that. 

With all the hype surrounding the Shenmue III, this is actually possible. I think it will happen eventually.

But in this case to me it seems like an arcade reboot of one of their old titles is coming. Maybe even several.

Edited by NetEntity
  • Like 1

I don't like gossip and rumours but sometimes it is all we have got to go on so I will throw some out there.

In a very recent interview Cedric Biscay (co-producer of Shenmue III) was asked about Shenmue I and II and whether there was any plans to have a 'catch up' at the beginning of Shenmue III so players would know the 'story so far'.

He said that they had thought about have a short manga style inclusion but have so far opted against this because (and I quote)...

'What I anticipate is that SEGA releases Shenmue I and II HD'

He added...

'Of course I must make it clear that it is not official'.

I post updates in my Shenmue thread in PS4/unreleased games on this thread which contains a link to the video, but for those who have not seen that thread (here it is)...

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/33869-shenmue-iii-updates/?p=896387

If you do not want to watch the whole 22 mins of footage then just skip to about 8mins where Cedric talks about I and II as I have quoted him above.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

With all the hype surrounding the Shenmue III, this is actually possible. I think it will happen eventually.

Do you honestly think that the hype on the internet is an indication of potential sales? Because if so, you only need to look at history to see that you're wrong. I'm not saying that the Shenmue remaster won't come but I know it won't be now, the new CEO is playing it safe and doesn't want to put the company at risk. Also, Shenmue is a big game that would need proper advertising to the world, online advertising wouldn't be enough. 

They might redeem themselves or screw themselves. It is a gamble with SEGA these days.

Maybe this one game/announcement isn't going to blow minds. In my humble opinion though, Western Sega has only been improving these past couple of years.

Before 2013, it was just Sonic. Sega wouldn't stop running him into the ground. Because Sega finally became so unsuccessful with Sonic and, quite possibly, due to the acquisition of Atlus, it forced them to finally try to localize different games.

We've been getting Project Diva, Yakuza, the once thought to be impossible localization of Dengenki Bunko, Valkyria Chronicles Remastered and now localizations of more niche games like 7th Dragon III Code from Sega these past few years.

Probably just my bizzare opinion. I'm a little surpised (and even a little annoyed) that people don't even seem a little relieved that Sega has stopped milking the living hell out of sanic hegehog. I really like this new Sega and I'm looking forward to this announcement whatever it may be (unless it's Sonic then I will be skeptical).

Anything can happen with SEGA, it all depends on money and licenses... JAEPO is an expo as you know, I am tying my hopes of no Shenmue announcement at the start of this month yet (which is unusual in itself) to some expected news from SEGA....

Remind me again what non-arcade games has been announced on JAEPO?

Are you really telling me that it's not optimistic to believe that something unlikely is going to happen?

I believe Shenmue re-mastered is coming... let us just say that a year ago Shenmue I and II remastered probably had 10 million times more chance of happening than a whole new Shenmue III being created and released... and yet here we are...

I too think there is a good chance a Shenmue remaster will be released, that's just quick cash and good business. What also makes sense is that they aren't going to announce or release it just yet. The release of Shenmue III is too far away (December 2017). I think you may see an announcement around maybe this summer or near end of year, and a release either near the end of this year or beginning of next year, maybe even summer next year. That'd be good to go alongside Shenmue III and they'd have time to actually make this remaster.

My posts regarding Shenmue I and II re-masters being released have never contained any specific release dates on them, I have never once said I expect them this month, or next month or even this year, I have always stated that they will come, I have always tried to provide my reasons behind this and with as much reason as possible.

It would make sense to release them 3 months(ish) before Shenmue III but that of course does not mean we have to wait until then to be told they are coming, this has always been my point.

I mentioned a possibility of an early announcement in regards to SEGA's countdown... this was purely because the latest official Shenmue update is unusually quite late in coming and also after Cedric Biscay said that he expects SEGA to release the re-masters of Shenmue I and II... you can call it optimism if you want, it (has always) felt much more than that, just like the announcement of Shenmue III was not that big of a shock to some of us.

Let us assume the next SEGA announcement is a disappointment, no problem, the wait goes on but the dream continues.

Like I said previously, sometimes we put 1 + 1 and get 3... it's all just part of the fun.

As long as the re-masters come out I don't mind if its not for another 18 months, the official word is all I want to hear and I believe that will indeed come, hopefully sooner rather than later as that would help the fund raising further and can only be a good thing to the development of the game.

The very fact we are even having this discussion excites me immensely :)

Edited by JapanimeGamer

http://am-show.sega.jp/jaepo16/countdown/ says "We Are Back" from what i've gathered it's going to be like FF dissadia arcade first then systems

I'm sure you didn't forget your other Sega hype thread that resulted in an audible dud. http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/34324-sega-is-announcing-a-new-game-for-fans-of-the-classics-possibly-a-remaster-or-a-collection/

I sure hope Sega is paying you enough to make all this humiliation worth it.

Edited by DaivRules

I'm sure you didn't forget your other Sega hype thread that resulted in an audible dud. http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/34324-sega-is-announcing-a-new-game-for-fans-of-the-classics-possibly-a-remaster-or-a-collection/

I sure hope Sega is paying you enough to make all this humiliation worth it.

I just report the news if it bombs not my fault i offered to buy some of their ip's.
  • Like 1

Before 2013, it was just Sonic. Sega wouldn't stop running him into the ground. Because Sega finally became so unsuccessful with Sonic and, quite possibly, due to the acquisition of Atlus, it forced them to finally try to localize different games.

That's not entirely fair. Sega took chances publishing both Resonance of Fate and Alpha Protocol, two good games that didn't get the credit they deserved (Alpha Protocol especially).

Japanese companies aren't known for taking chances in general, and when they get burned for it, they become even more insular. I'm not giving Sega a pass; their ridiculous hype regarding their lousy classics collection on the 3DS was just pathetic. But they did try new things.

• Like 1