I'm going mad

EffectHunter

To begin with this, I need to tell the whole story, by the end of 2014, when I had another ID, I began to feel uncomfortable because I started to dislike it, quite a lot, so I created this one and also started to hunt trophies, and everything was going OK so far, then I started to feel like I felt back then, but this time it is because I have Minecraft in my game list, I just don't know why I started to feel this way, but I've been thinking about creating another account just so I don't see it anymore, what's happening to me? Am I giving it too much importance?

Yes...who cares. It is your profile so create  a name you like and stick with it or decide you don't like it and change it

These threads come up at least once a month and the answers are always the same. If you don't like looking at Minecraft then delete your account but don't do it because you want 100% completion or something like that (because someone who gets 100% completion by hiding games or starting over is really kind of lame).

• Like 2

Yes you do mate and here's a nice tip to be a better trophy hunter: Be a gamer before a trophy hunter, back when you and I were younger trophies didn't exist, just challenges you or your friends made up to have fun like finishing Zelda OoT with all Hearts Containers or unlock Goron Sword etc.  Play for fun and enjoy what you do, trophies come along the way. 

• Like 1

To begin with this, I need to tell the whole story, by the end of 2014, when I had another ID, I began to feel uncomfortable because I started to dislike it, quite a lot, so I created this one and also started to hunt trophies, and everything was going OK so far, then I started to feel like I felt back then, but this time it is because I have Minecraft in my game list, I just don't know why I started to feel this way, but I've been thinking about creating another account just so I don't see it anymore, what's happening to me? Am I giving it too much importance?

I have tons of games that I do not like on my profile and were honestly, forgettable to say the least. Honestly, I don't let it bother me, and you shouldn't either.

Because likely enough, when you create your next account, a new game is going to come along and give you this same feeling, and you'll want to start over again. This cycle will never end. Seen it way too many times... Trust me. Just deal with it.

Nah you're not. 

If PSN wasn't stuck in 1997 you'd be good. But it is, so a name feels so permanent. 

So I get why it's hard to commit, but you really just need to bite the bullet or you'll going around circles for years; believe me. 

Or maybe a fresh start will feel great, I'll you what. 

Make a new account and get some trophies, if you like it, great. If not, this account will still be waiting.

You can't lose dude. 

Just give it a go and see what's up. 

Oh I can definitely relate. I HATE seeing some of the games I played before that I ended up not liking and not finishing and some games I have like 1% in also makes me frustrated. I agree with Zanzarro in that you just need to play games for fun and not stress so much about it. I mean we do play games for fun right? That's the whole point in gaming in general (or should be anyway).  :hmm:  

• Like 1

doesn't mincraft take 1 hour to plat with friends

If your friend has a world with the right stuff set up, around an hour yes.... but the game takes as long of time, or as short a time as you want. The whole premise of minecraft is to build what you want, how you want, with the materials given to you... in any pace you set. It's not really a game to be ashamed of. 

• Like 1

If your friend has a world with the right stuff set up, around an hour yes.... but the game takes as long of time, or as short a time as you want. The whole premise of minecraft is to build what you want, how you want, with the materials given to you... in any pace you set. It's not really a game to be ashamed of. 

exactly lots of farming no need to be ashamed, he's just over thinking it plus they made millions off minecraft

I just made an intro with that exact part from GOW III

Edited by Titanic Balls

I don't see why it's a problem. Minecraft is one of the most successful games ever made, so there's nothing unusual in having played it. Everyone's heard of it and I don't think there's any stigma associated with those who play it.

If it's really that bad, you could always just hide it rather than starting all over again. Because if a single game is enough to make you want to start all over again, I imagine there'll be others, and what's the fun in making a new profile every few months?

Yes...who cares. It is your profile so create  a name you like and stick with it or decide you don't like it and change it

From the sound of it, he migh have a slight "gaming" OCD and basically saying he should give in to it is a bad advice. Giving in to something like OCD just might make it worse through time. The best advice for this is that you shouldn't let OCD win and say screw it. I'm just talking from experience cause I did let OCD do it's shit.

• Like 1

I thought I was the only one that felt like this to be honest. I've been using PS3 since April 2009 and over that time until the last Year or 2, I've had multiple PSN Accounts because I didn't like the Username or didn't like the Trophies I had.

Since Sony introduced the ability to Hide Trophies then I've been more relaxed about it since I use this Website to keep a check on the Trophies I have and I Hide the Games that I don't want to show up on my Trophies List. I've had this PSN Account now for almost 2 Years and I've been able to stick to it because I like the Username and I know that I can Hide the Trophies for Games that I don't want to show up.

If Sony had introduced this option Years ago then I probably wouldn't have had so many Accounts. I'm OCD like that but now I don't care so much. I'd say that you should take time to think about a Username you'd like to have. It can even be something simple like mine is and then decide the Games you'd like to have on your Trophies List. You can always Hide those you don't like or want.

Thanks for your replies! I guess I'll just stick with my current profile since it would be too much to redo in a new one.

I think that's the best option. It'll become a never ending cycle if you don't stop it now.

Besides, think of it as a story of your journey. I have so much crap on mine it isn't even funny, but those are all little "stories" of things I've done...does that make sense?

I think that's the best option. It'll become a never ending cycle if you don't stop it now.

Besides, think of it as a story of your journey. I have so much crap on mine it isn't even funny, but those are all little "stories" of things I've done...does that make sense?

Man, I was really optimistic about going back to playing in the profile as if nothing had happened, but I'm feeling that again, it's pretty weird.