Fallout 4 first dlc's revealed and season pass price increase

TheLoneliestPanda

That season pass increase is ridiculous. $80, definitely not worth it especially new release games are that much.

Might get the season pass before the increase but will probably just wait for the GOTY edition, cheapest option.

Edited by feral611

Be interesting to see how many people get vocally annoyed by the season pass price increase for some other game, but mysteriously not so for their beloved Fallout game.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Dying Light season pass price goes up: "That's bullshit! Burn the witch!"

Fallout 4 season pass price goes up: "Well, they do give us a lot of content..." 

xD

• Like 2

The first two just seem like custom things, and if they are I'll pass on them. But Far Harbor actually looks like another story related thing, kind of like Point Lookout from Fallout 3, so I'll really check into that. 

Ill just wait. Its just a trick to get people to get it now to think theyll beat the price increase later but goty or not they probably already have plans for a complete edition later. Because who is stupid enough to dish out 60$ later?? For just a little more content. Like more quests.... Probably not even more bigger zones.

It's noble that some of you are trying to make a difference by either not buying the Season Pass because of the price going up for the Season Pass, or are now waiting for a Complete Edition to be released.

In my opinion, we'll see this more and more in future releases. here is why, as soon as i saw the price hike was on the horizon, i bought that bitch lickedy spit!

Suckers like me are why this will continue, i just want the content and the Trophies associated with these DLC's, don't care how they get to me :D

Anybody else agree???

• Like 1

Adding more content than what was previously reported justifies the price increase. 

How do you know this? I was unaware that they had ever said how much DLC was included in the original, $30 season pass. 

What I'm saying is, how do you know that the price hike is actually in response to an increase in content? For all we know, they could always have been planning to do as much DLC as they are now doing.

Edited by StrickenBiged

There is a difference for me to Dying Light: They said, The Following is getting bigger and they need more money for it. Everyone could see what they get. But Bethesda now Is really selling us a mystery box, which is worse in my opinion.

I wanted to wait until the first dlc to see the quality, but that option is gone now. Now I have to buy it now, I'll would never put another 50€ iin that game. That together with the fact that the game + season pass was cheaper around christmas than the game itself when I bought it but there was never ANY sale to the season pass alone, that's just a **** you from Bethesda to it's customers.

It's noble that some of you are trying to make a difference by either not buying the Season Pass because of the price going up for the Season Pass, or are now waiting for a Complete Edition to be released.

In my opinion, we'll see this more and more in future releases. here is why, as soon as i saw the price hike was on the horizon, i bought that bitch lickedy spit!

Suckers like me are why this will continue, i just want the content and the Trophies associated with these DLC's, don't care how they get to me :D

Anybody else agree???

Haha! Did the same thing just now. In fairness I was just waiting for some notion as to what may be included in upcoming DLC before I bought the Season Pass anyway. Price increase on the horizon you say!? Just one more reason to hit that buy now button even quicker!

I'm really excited for these DLC! Can't wait to see what they bring to the game even if some are just for settlements and crafting.

I can understand why most people are upset about the season pass price increase, but that's all part of running a business. Yeah, it sucks, but you've got to look at the bigger picture. For them to say they are releasing more content than they originally planned is pretty awesome. Plus, all the money they earn from these sales will help make Elder Scrolls VI that much better while in development.

I do feel bad for those who haven't purchased the game yet and I understand how you feel. (I feel like I'm emptying my wallet every few months for ESO and other games coming out soon.)

Regardless, I'm a major Fallout fangirl and am super excited for these!

Bethesda, you can have all the bottle caps i own if you continue to make amazing games like Fallout 4!

• Like 1

The fact that Bethesda doesn't have the balls to accept a mistake and that they even have the boldness of announcing a price increase with a "fuck you" attitude speaks wonders of the industry.

"Expanded DLC plan"? Well, don't you have the sufficient brains to plan ahead the course of a game because, I don't know, you're adults running a company?

It's ok if you make a mistake, but you pay for it. However, Bethesda is basically nah, let's increase the price.

The funny thing is people  will keep buying the Season Pass even after March 1st, etc.

Keep it up! All of the brainless Fallout fans :yay:! but don't come crying later when they charge you a game for the price of a car.

Pardon my language, but some people will really have to start using their heads.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

From what they've said, Far Harbor is the largest landmass they've created for dlc.... Just that expansion alone sounds like it's worth the 30 bucks. Hell, look up Bar Harbor, Maine. Which I believe is where the dlc is being set, since the description says it's off the coast of main. That's a huge ass plot of land man... and that is only one of the dlcs they are releasing, imagine what else they're cooking up. Where others are skeptical, I prefer to be cautiously optimistic.

• Like 2