Fallout 3 possibly coming to PlayStation 4

GrimMonolith

Playing it on PS3, Xbox360, and PC was enough for me. Specially after how big a mess the PS3 version was. When you have guides for the game written just to help stop the game from freezing every hour or so, you know it's a bad port.

Wish I had found those guides before I had platinumed it...

Well, even years after playing the game, I could still give some insights on how to avoid the game to freeze. After a while you'll get a feeling on what might happen next in terms of stability. The best bet is to disable autosave, especially when the size of your save file exceeds 10 MB. This seemed to be the magical borderline where the game (or the console) couldn't handle both saving and loading the game data.

I liked much of fallout 3 but if it does get a re-release, I hope they do it like the Metro and the Borderlands bundles. I won't hold my breath though. Being this late in PS3 life cycle I can't understand the point of this other than removing a blemish from their company perception (not that it would likely matter that much to begin with). If German PC players wanted it then they had ample time to find a copy legal or pirated. 

I liked much of fallout 3 but if it does get a re-release, I hope they do it like the Metro and the Borderlands bundles. I won't hold my breath though. Being this late in PS3 life cycle I can't understand the point of this other than removing a blemish from their company perception (not that it would likely matter that much to begin with). If German PC players wanted it then they had ample time to find a copy legal or pirated. 

This has nothing to do with PS3. Remember how many PS3 games already were re-released on PS4? This is the same thing. We have a saying in Germany: You have to milk the cow as long it gives milk. That's it. ;)

Edited by GrimMonolith

Isn't it more likely that this just means they will start selling the 360 version of Fallout 3 in Germany? With Xbone backwards compat, I'm sure they feel like they will profit from this. I highly doubt we'll see any of the older Fallout games on PS4 and I'm totally fine with that. Even the PC version of Fallout 3 is ugly, so they'd have to do a lot of reworking just to get it up to current gen standards. It's not gonna happen.

This has nothing to do with PS3. Remember how many PS3 games already were re-released on PS4? This is the same thing. We have a saying in Germany: You have to milk the cow as long it gives milk. That's it. ;)

Just releasing it on ps3 for Germany doesn't make much sense nor does releasing it for PC players only like some others remarked as a possibility, 

Releasing a Fallout 3/ New Vegas bundle for ps4 would be a lot better/ different/ sensible than just a press release stating gamers can now buy Fallout 3 on PS3/PC in Germany knowing how everyone who is/was interested is well aware of the frame rate issues. Personally, I have played through Fallout 3 four or five times, would I buy it again on PS4 with just the goty version? No. And honestly, even with New Vegas +dlc bundled in I can't see myself buying it again anyways. 

The only game they have re-released is Dishonored because of the sequel being PS4 only, but Wolfenstein was released on both consoles. They have 3 new IPs in the pipeline, plus whatever dlcs they can make to be worthy of a $50 season pass. They are a huge studio but how much can they afford to stretch themselves given their track record of most of their open world games and dlc being glitchy at release? You pay $50 for a season pass, and half of its broken won't work for anyone. 

https://www.vg247.com/2016/02/18/bethesda-working-on-three-long-term-projects-different-from-what-its-done-before/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/02/19/bethesda-is-working-on-three-big-projects-that-arent-fallout-or-elder-scrolls/#2da10b2262a4

Just releasing it on ps3 for Germany doesn't make much sense nor does releasing it for PC players only like some others remarked as a possibility.

Getting a game off the index is way cheaper than making a cut version. That's the reason. Like I said before, Germany is the third largest gaming market in the world (only behind USA and Japan) and a traditional Sony terrain. Making sure they call sell the international uncut version is the main goal behind all this. They already got the classic Doom games off the index last year.

Nice! I hope they wont raise the season prices too with those games.

If you are referring to the season pass for Fallout 4, they raised the price because they're making more dlc than they planned on.... Fallout 4 is also the first of their games to get a season pass.

OT: I wouldn't put much stock in it being remastered.... if it does however, I'd buy it in a heartbeat,  Love Fallout 3. The reasons it was so buggy on ps3 is that the ps3 hardware had trouble with memory... Your game save would get so bloated you'd drop in frame rate. 

Edited by KratosTheMighty

If they would release it for the PS4 I hope they fix some of the technical issues such as the annoying freezing. Honestly, I want Skyrim to come to the PS4 more than Fallout 3.

It's probably just the cynic in me, but I doubt they'd be able to fix the issues. I assume it'd still be running on the same crappy engine.

I dunno maybe I'm wrong, but I can see the remaster (if it's true) being broken as well.

I'll be excited once Bethesda gets rid of all the bugs, glitches, and freezes. 

PS4 should have enough power to handle the PC version. The original for PS3 was hell at certain spots. Broken Steel crashed quite frequently.

True, it should also be easier to port as well :)

Smart money is on a PC release, not PS4. 

Smart Money would be on home consoles since combined they're more users than PC gamers. PC users already had this version for awhile, it would be dumb imo to keep it only for pc's. 

Edited by StealthBlade98