Fallout 3 possibly coming to PlayStation 4

GrimMonolith

Since 26 Feb 2016, the uncut version of Fallout 3 is no longer banned in Germany. Bethesda requested a re-rating of Fallout 3. A request like this is quite pricey, publishers have to pay about 10.000 Euro. That means Bethesda will re-release the game. There's no other valid reason to make a request like this. New Vegas will probably follow.

Thoughts?

Edited by GrimMonolith

Germany is the third largest gaming market in the world. The liberation in terms of bannings and cenrsorship (always towards violence) was quite significant during the past years. Fallout 4 was very successful over here and I can think of some kind of implementation into Fallout 4 via the upcoming modded content. Maybe it's a true re-release - who knows? As for the 10.000 bucks: Only very few publishers have requested a re-rating as of now.

I imagine that they'll release it on Steam. Not sure if they're really going to port it over to PS4.

Afaik they ported Skyrim to PS4 and XBO to get familair with the new systems for Fallout 4, so that one's always a possibility.

I'd have to pass kinda unfair xbox1 player's got it for free.

What?

Edited by soniq

i hope the ps4 import will fix the damn freezing problems on the games then because its a hell to play it that way and a shame for such a good game

If they actually coded it for the PS4 architecture then I'm sure it won't happen nearly as much. The Xbox 360 version pretty much never freezes like that, at least in my experience. On the bright side though, even if the PS4 version does freeze still at least with it being a faster system it'll take less time to get back into the game  :lol:

I imagine that they'll release it on Steam. Not sure if they're really going to port it over to PS4.

Afaik they ported Skyrim to PS4 and XBO to get familair with the new systems for Fallout 4, so that one's always a possibility.

What?

They got it as a download through backwards compatibility so not a true Xbox One version. I believe it was only for a limited time too but I can't recall for sure.

Edited by BooneIronshield

They got it as a download through backwards compatibility so not a true Xbox One version. I believe it was only for a limited time too but I can't recall for sure.

Yeah, but I still don't understand the logic of not going to buy a PS4 port/remaster because XBO owners got the digital 360 version as part of a deal.

Even if the PS4 had backwards compatibility of PS3 games, F3 and NV aren't even available digitally on PS3.

Yeah, but I still don't understand the logic of not going to buy a PS4 port/remaster because XBO owners got the digital 360 version as part of a deal.

Even if the PS4 had backwards compatibility of PS3 games, F3 and NV aren't even available digitally on PS3.

Yeah, I have to admit that was kind of odd. Really I'd be happy even if they just made them available digitally on the PS3's store since that'd be a nice performance boost over the disc version.

Man I hope it happens.... purely because the ps3 port is fucking horrific. I have genuinely no idea how it's even legal to see a such a buggy game.

I'm taking a system freeze every hour, frames dropping constantly and the DLC is almost unplayable as the frames are always total shit going through them.

This isn't even including just the bugs in the world.

I'd love another fallout 3 plat.... they should remaster new vegas and skyrim too.  

This is just people trying to make something out of nothing. All I see is Bethesda asking that an uncut version of a game to be rated in preparation for it to be finally sold in Germany.

They're not ASKING, they PAID for Fallout 3 being unbanned. This is a quite difficult task as publishers can request a re-rating 10 years after a game was banned. Bethesda managed to get the game free much earlier. I could provide you some more information about that topic but I highly doubt you understand German. ;)

Usually German players get their uncut German copies from Austria.

In a statement towards IGN Germany, Bethesda said they will announce something regarding Fallout 3 "in the next weeks".

As an FYI - 10k isn't actually a huge amount of money for a publisher the size of Bethesda or any large scale publisher of a similar sort. I would love to see a revamped version of Fallout 3 on the PS4 though as it still remains my favourite game of all time.

I would happily buy and play it on my PS4, the reason why it jumped and stuttered so much on the PS3 was mainly due to the annoyingly hard to develop for PS3 engine and components. PS4 has far more standard parts, so stands to reason performance will be on the up.

Still pretty huge speculation that this means a PS4 re-release though. Although it would be great.