Creating a PSN account Advice

Maxximum

This may sound stupid, but he pushed me to ask you guys.

I kept telling him that it's not true, but he thinks that I'm lying.

My cousin wants to create a PSN account very badly.

He has already started playing some games and earning some trophies, but he doesn't want to loose all his progress, etc.

He just created his new gmail account yesterday, while he got his PS3 last week.

He then complains that if you created a gmail account late, and you decided to create a PSN account after earning some trophies, your progress will reset. (This is not true according to my opinion) But since he pushed me to ask you guys, is this true?

(I'd kill him for wasting my time)

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 1

You could always test this by creating a test account locally, earning a trophy or two in any game, and then signing up for PSN. I've never heard of anything like this, so I don't believe it's true. If it is, though, I'm sure someone else will correct me.

This may sound stupid, but he pushed me to ask you guys.

I kept telling him that it's not true, but he thinks that I'm lying.

My cousin wants to create a PSN account very badly.

He has already started playing some games and earning some trophies, but he doesn't want to loose all his progress, etc.

He just created his new gmail account yesterday, while he got his PS3 last week.

He then complains that if you created a gmail account late, and you decided to create a PSN account after earning some trophies, your progress will reset. (This is not true according to my opinion) But since he pushed me to ask you guys, is this true?

(I'd kill him for wasting my time)

I can't believe you'd murder someone for asking questions. You really shouldn't do that.

As stated above multiple times, no progress will be lost, the earned trophies will just have no time stamp on the created account. The PS3 doesn't alter the saves after a PSN account is created. If you haven't committed homicide yet, tell your cousin to go ahead and make the PSN account.

Sounds like he doesn't trust you in general, have you done things to make him not trust you? Seems like you have in the past. Well, that and threatening to end his life.

• Like 1

I can't believe you'd murder someone for asking questions. You really shouldn't do that.

As stated above multiple times, no progress will be lost, the earned trophies will just have no time stamp on the created account. The PS3 doesn't alter the saves after a PSN account is created. If you haven't committed homicide yet, tell your cousin to go ahead and make the PSN account.

Sounds like he doesn't trust you in general, have you done things to make him not trust you? Seems like you have in the past. Well, that and threatening to end his life.

haha, really I didn't mean it that way. I wouldn't kill my cousin for that simple question  at all. 

I wanted to say something like this but Daiv delivered it better.

If I understand this correctly, he now plays without PSN account and plans to create one now that he has a gmail account, right?

In that case, trophies will be synced, but most likely without timestamps as others said.

9 replies in and someone FINALLY answers the poor OP's question. Thank you.
  • Like 1