guide in the making?

Lonemankane

will there be anyone here doing a guide to this game or is going to bring it out on the day? just asking for I would like to get all of the trophies out of the way before having to do all the work to level up to god like levels and not really look around for the items I normally do on my first time playing.

Edited by KANERKB

Guessing on how popular the Dark Souls series is, and how there is guides for the other two, then it wouldn't surprise me if someone is in the making of creating a guide and if not then provably very soon.

I hope your right because I just need a guide on knowing where all of the magic stuff is

What I recommend you do is check out the wiki pages for the game. :)

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Dark+Souls+3+Wiki

and

http://darksouls3.wikidot.com/

Then you can make your own guide for the various trophies. Just write a check list of where and when to get the missable stuff etc.

This is what I usually do with some games like the Souls games. Unfortunately, I usually delete each point as I complete it, so when I'm done, I got no list anymore, and can't share it! haha

Edited by MMDE

Ordering people to make a guide is not really cool xD ... How about you make it? :P

I'll do a missable guide right away, might even be close to a complete one. :P And I've not played the game!!

Edited by MMDE

Ordering people to make a guide is not really cool xD ... How about you make it? :P

well for one I am not good at making guides for this site for I hate the need to baby the person reading the damned thing and I think it's best if there was someone showing a video of where all of the spells are and all that.

"Trophy guide"

Supreme Weapon Reinforcement

Covenant trophies

Master of Infusion

Estus flask upgrade:

Ultimate Bonfire:

Master of Sorceries:

Master of Pyromancies:

Master of Miracles:

Master of RIngs:

Master of Expression:

There are three ending trophies... 

What I or you or someone should do next is go through the list of things required for these trophies and see if anything is missable by the time you are before the last boss. If nothing is missable at that point, then this is pretty much it... I'm guessing some kind of ring, covenant or magic or miracle etc is missable. You may also want to make a list to yourself of the order you want to get the items. That is simply to go through the entire list and place them in a list in order. I'm guessing certain items require NG+ and NG++ or something. :P

Man I love these games a lot it's just so frustrating the way they make their trophies. I just want to relax and play the game without having to have a guide open at all times.

This is why you should sit down, spend an hour on making your own little missable check list. Pretty much stuff you that is time sensitive in the game and what to do before finishing a playthrough. Keep the time sensitive stuff in order, and before end of playthrough at the end, and what is required of your to do in the second and third playthrough. I can't be arsed to do it atm, especially when there's not that much info, but this is what I did for DS1 and DS2, and I had absolutely no problems and spent very little time on reading the guide, just enjoyed the game and made sure I didn't miss the stuff I had set up (only one thing to keep in mind, the next item on the list).

There's usually very little that you can't just do at the end of the playthrough before doing the last boss.

Edited by MMDE

What I or you or someone should do next is go through the list of things required for these trophies and see if anything is missable by the time you are before the last boss. If nothing is missable at that point, then this is pretty much it... I'm guessing some kind of ring, covenant or magic or miracle etc is missable. You may also want to make a list to yourself of the order you want to get the items. That is simply to go through the entire list and place them in a list in order. I'm guessing certain items require NG+ and NG++ or something. :P

I don't have the game yet, but a *lot* of stuff is tied to a particular quest line that is missable. It unlocks the third ending, at least a couple rings, at least one gesture, and maybe a miracle/spell or two.

That said, you need to do 3 almost full playthroughs anyway, so it doesn't really matter for your first playthrough. The most sensible approach seems to be:

Playthrough 1 (do whatever you want)

Playthrough 2 (NG+ speedrun, make sure that you get the other of the two "basic" endings, but otherwise just get through as fast as possible)

Playthrough 3 (NG++, here you will get all the missables, the +1 and +2 rings, and the rest of your gestures/miracles/spells/etc and the third ending)

I don't have the game yet, but a *lot* of stuff is tied to a particular quest line that is missable. It unlocks the third ending, at least a couple rings, at least one gesture, and maybe a miracle/spell or two.

All that much easier!! The more of the missable stuff is connected to one thing, the more missable things is just one thing you gotta worry about, if you get what I mean.

That said, you need to do 3 almost full playthroughs anyway, so it doesn't really matter for your first playthrough. The most sensible approach seems to be:

Playthrough 1 (do whatever you want)

Playthrough 2 (NG+ speedrun, make sure that you get the other of the two "basic" endings, but otherwise just get through as fast as possible)

Playthrough 3 (NG++, here you will get all the missables, the +1 and +2 rings, and the rest of your gestures/miracles/spells/etc and the third ending)

Is the third ending harder etc? You really should keep the hard stuff for the first playthrough, or at least as much as you can. I highly recommend putting together a short missable list, when and where sorta thing ordered as you encounter them in the game, then a complete list of things you gotta do before going into NG+, and a list of what you must do in NG+ and NG++. :)

Edited by MMDE

Is the third ending harder etc? You really should keep the hard stuff for the first playthrough, or at least as much as you can. I highly recommend putting together a short missable list, when and where sorta thing ordered as you encounter them in the game, then a complete list of things you gotta do before going into NG+, and a list of what you must do in NG+ and NG++. :)

Unfortunately you can't just "do the hard stuff" on the first playthrough rather than NG++ -- it seems like you really need to do most of it on NG++. For example, one of the rings can only be obtained by defeating one of the (optional) hardest bosses in the game on NG++.

will there be anyone here doing a guide to this game or is going to bring it out on the day? just asking for I would like to get all of the trophies out of the way before having to do all the work to level up to god like levels and not really look around for the items I normally do on my first time playing.

I know someone is going to create one when the game is released in NA and EU too.

Guides up on playstationtrophies for those who are interested in looking what's required for everything

and to answer above's comment, yes there are some missable trophies and items but, because you have to play the game 3 times (ng++) odds are you won't miss it the second or third time you play it

Guides up on playstationtrophies for those who are interested in looking what's required for everything

and to answer above's comment, yes there are some missable trophies and items but, because you have to play the game 3 times (ng++) odds are you won't miss it the second or third time you play it

couldnt find it. link?

couldnt find it. link?

I started working on in too just so you guys know, hopefully one day i'll be as quick as those guys from playstationtrophies :P

if you want to check my progress, just see this, it will be over as soon as i finish my first playthrough 

Ludex Gundyr , Vordt of boreal Valley , curse rotted greatwood , Crystal sage ,

Lords of cinder : Abyss Watchers , High lord Wolnir , Deacons of the deep

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 1