Community Challenge Pack

So who here agrees with me that the community challenge pack trophies is a load of BS? It has three INSANE trophies that neither I, or the majority of players are capable of getting. You see I finished the base game and all DLC (besides this) a couple weeks ago and Arkham Knight will go down as one of my favorite games of all time. However my completion is at 95%. I'm complaining simply because I was so ready to put my $30 for the Season Pass and hope to maintain that 100% but rocksteady basically gave me the middle finger and I know for fact I will NEVER get those trophies.

• Like 3

It has three INSANE trophies that neither I, or the majority of players are capable of getting.

Are they really that hard? Their trophy rarities really don't represent that, I could be wrong though as I have not played, just going by their ~40% rarities.

Are they really that hard? Their trophy rarities really don't represent that, I could be wrong though as I have not played, just going by their ~40% rarities.

Then it is not much different than saying, oh look Harley Quinn Story pack DLC is at 100%. Obviously the people that are capable of getting one of the trophy is willing to go all the way, at least 40% are. Just take Bloodborne for example.

Indeed it's hard. I only miss the last 3 trophies like a lot of player that started the DLC. By the way the rarity is calculated on players that have at least one trophy of the pack, not the people that owns the base game.

The trophies are hard compared with all others trophies of the game but I'm gonna get them with a lot of practice and patience.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, just by this sites trophies numbers, 147505 people have the game and are registered here. 2378 people have at least one of the challenge trophies. Admitted you have to also own the DLC in order to be counted so that automatically precludes some of the population due to not having it or not playing it since the DLC did come out about a year after the game came out, I'm sure some that could earn the trophies just aren't playing it anymore. With that said out of the population of players on this sight <2% have completed at least on trophy. The highest completion of the three remaining trophies I'd imagine most are having issues with is around 75% so the real percentage completion is around 1.21% of the players that are registered an played the original game. Not great numbers, but seems manageable with practice.

I personally haven't tried the iceburg lounge or the 50 kills on the stealth map trophies with much gusto, but I have spent a decent amount of time trying to get the three flawless runs with catwoman, robin, and batman and I believe they are way to pain in the ass. Skill plays a huge role in the game, but honestly sometimes luck plays into it as well due to the game mechanics for the fights. The camera angel rotates way too much in most fights and the game feels like it picks the worst person to attack about 75% of the time. I mean seriously, I am pointed towards 4 mobs, 3 of which have no weapons/shields/etc. and it goes for the 1 further back from the other three that has a shield?! As a result most strats I've seen revolve around batman grappling most enemies 100 times or flipping over everyone over and over again until you get in a good spot. Don't even get me started on the last mob on a round being to far away to hit thus (this happened twice on me with catwoman on the last round)...

I'll get them eventually but to honestly say these trophies aren't that bad is not being honest with people I think. They are pretty hard, especially compared to the other trophies.

Yes, the Community Challenge Pack trophies are quite difficult. I think they were intended to test people who thought they had mastered the combat (and Predator gameplay) in the Arkham series. A few of them are more luck-based than skill-based, but the only one that I really consider a BS trophy is the Iceberg Lounge one. That is more a test of luck and stamina than anything else, similar to the Arkham City DLC Campaign Challenges for Robin, Nightwing, and Catwoman (the Campaign Challenges were bad enough just for Batman, but asking us to do it 3 more times was just sadistic). 

I was seriously on my final attempt of the Iceberg Lounge, and I was completely ready to give up (at least for a few weeks). Somehow though, I managed to make it through. I do think luck played a large factor, because I really didn't use any tactics I hadn't already tried dozens of times before (only to lose the combo every time). I did lose my combo on my winning run, but it was very late in the attempt (I think I was 100,000 points away from the threshold) and was mostly due to me getting lazy and thinking I had enough points before I actually did. I don't think there is a specific tactic that makes it easier, because it's very easy to be doing great and run into a very aggressive enemy who gets in a hit before you can react. It's mostly just practice and luck IMO. 

My advice would be to stick with the trophies and keep trying, but don't break any controllers over them. They're just not worth it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished the iceburg lounge trophy and was quite glad to finish it. I almost didn't got to around 1,005,000 points flawlessly then got hit by something and kept getting hit a lot lol. Managed to get to 1,050,000 with about 1/2 a bar left. Thankfully they gave a bar back when help arrives and I managed to get it done with a sliver of health. One tip to all trying and having trouble. Don't knock out the medics. I used to focus on taking them out early because they revive and electrify goons. After defeating this challenge I found it actually easier if you leave them up for two reasons.

1) Bringing back mobs looks to slow the progression of the mob difficulty so each time a goon is revived that's one less new goon to come in since he is already there.

2) Grapple attacks on electrified goons seem to have a 100% rate of successfully being done as opposed to about 90% successfully completed on non electrified goons. Admitted that isn't a huge deal, but randomly getting hit when your counter is in the 100s is quite a hit to the points since I seemed to get hit sometimes when grappling opponents. I never had that problem when grappling electrified goons.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got 'The Chill in the Air' w/ Robin after trying for weeks. I always made it to round 4 but then I would get hit. Turns out you have to jump and punch over everyone. That's it. Don't use a special takedown, don't takedown shield guys, don't use gadgets, and keep watch over guys with assault rifles. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Made several attempts at the last three trophies in the Community Challenge pack.

Chill in the Air is a pain because right from the start you have a ninja, a knife wielding goon and a guy with a shield. Then in round 2 you have a brute, which you can't jump over like the other bad guys and by round 4 you have two brutes. You don't have a lot of space either which makes it more difficult not to get hit.

I found The Curtain Falls to be easier than I thought. First three rounds aren't bad but the fourth round is difficult to pull off. One brute has blades and you have guys with shields and stun batons to make things more complicated. Catwoman does not get brutes which is a huge plus, but lacks the variety of Batman's moves so she is harder to master. I might go for this trophy sometime down the road.

Requiem for a Killer is more endurance, luck and survival more than anything else. As Batman you can get hit plenty of times and still get a high enough score to trigger Killer Croc. However once brutes start appearing it gets difficult. As I just said you can't jump over them like other enemies, and by that point the game is throwing everything at you apart from sentry guns and drone tanks. This to me is the most difficulty trophy of the three.

Anybody who earned these trophies and fully completed Batman Arkham Knight earns my respect.

For Chill in the Air, I found it best to take out the brute in the second round as the first thing. Just walk up, stun him and start pummeling him. Be ready to counter or dodge if another guy comes at you and if necessary use your takedown to finish the brute which should be charged up by then. Once the brute is out of the way, things get easier. Brutes with knives are great if you've mastered the dodge counter because it's like a free takedown. Risky to attempt on ninjas though unless you've really got their timing down.

I do fantastic in the first round with all three characters, but then I screw myself up in the second round because when I go for the brute somebody with a knife or shield gets me. My #1 problem is learning how to pull off the blade dodge, the ninjas almost always mess me up. 

I may try pulling off the flawless run with Catwoman in the Monarch theater later. She lacks the moves Batman, Robin and Nightwing have so it may be more difficult. 

I'm determined to beat Batman 100 percent because I spent a lot of money on the DLC, also because Arkham Knight came with my PS4 purchase when I bought it a year ago during the summer.

• 1 month later...

It's broken up by character. I am always paranoid with my saves as I used to lose a lot of them to them corrupting so pretty much after each flawless run, I'd make a backup save. Oddly enough, I had a harder time doing the Iceberg Lounge fight. Crime Alley gave me quite the problem too, especially with Batman whom seems like would be the easiest character to do it with.

On 12/15/2016 at 8:14 PM, Spaz said:

I do fantastic in the first round with all three characters, but then I screw myself up in the second round because when I go for the brute somebody with a knife or shield gets me. My #1 problem is learning how to pull off the blade dodge, the ninjas almost always mess me up. 

I may try pulling off the flawless run with Catwoman in the Monarch theater later. She lacks the moves Batman, Robin and Nightwing have so it may be more difficult. 

I'm determined to beat Batman 100 percent because I spent a lot of money on the DLC, also because Arkham Knight came with my PS4 purchase when I bought it a year ago during the summer.

I know this is a 2-month-old post but I see you have still not been able to beat it. You do not need to learn the blade dodge at all actually, jumping over the ninjas when they swing is much more reliable and safe in my opinion. I earned all 3 trophies for myself and also for a buddy using share play and I did not blade dodge a single time. Generally, my strategy was to kill everyone I could as fast as possible using :circle: + :triangle:. The only other thing I used was :square: + :cross: to break shields and some stun weapons in the latter rounds (Round 3+) of each challenge. 

2 hours ago, Lithium_Lemon said:

I know this is a 2-month-old post but I see you have still not been able to beat it. You do not need to learn the blade dodge at all actually, jumping over the ninjas when they swing is much more reliable and safe in my opinion. I earned all 3 trophies for myself and also for a buddy using share play and I did not blade dodge a single time. Generally, my strategy was to kill everyone I could as fast as possible using :circle: + :triangle:. The only other thing I used was :square: + :cross: to break shields and some stun weapons in the latter rounds (Round 3+) of each challenge. 

The problem for me is getting hit in the 4TH round of both Crime Alley and Monarch Theatre, therefore having to pause the game, scroll down to restart, confirm, then start all over again. It happens when I'm 5 - 10 minutes into the session, it's infuriating. 

The trophies are invalidated every time you get hit, which is the reason why only a few people have achieved them.

As for Iceberg Lounge it's better to use the Disarm move. Batman will still do a takedown if nobody has any weapons or shields. 

If you get Brutes on the way to 1,050,000 points it becomes a lot more difficult.

I'll take a few more attempts at these trophies, but not right now.

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

The problem for me is getting hit in the 4TH round of both Crime Alley and Monarch Theatre, therefore having to pause the game, scroll down to restart, confirm, then start all over again. It happens when I'm 5 - 10 minutes into the session, it's infuriating. 

The trophies are invalidated every time you get hit, which is the reason why only a few people have achieved them.

As for Iceberg Lounge it's better to use the Disarm move. Batman will still do a takedown if nobody has any weapons or shields. 

If you get Brutes on the way to 1,050,000 points it becomes a lot more difficult.

I'll take a few more attempts at these trophies, but not right now.

My hands got so used to restarting that it didn't even become a problem to restart anymore. I'd get pissed off for a second then try a new run hoping to get it that time. Big thing for me was to always remember where the Brutes, Ninjas and Shield guys were as they hit the fastest and to constantly evade. In Monarch Theater, I would sometimes jump over 10 guys (maybe more) before I put a hit on someone just to make sure I wouldn't get hit immediately right after. 

As far as Iceberg Lounge goes, I had three runs that I got close to fighting Croc (the third being the time I actually got to) and each of them I had to fight Brutes. Unless you're being perfect with the combat, unfortunately I think it's most likely you'll come across them. The key is once again to just keep evading until you get a spot where you can make a clean hit. If you're at that point and you have a 300+ combo, points are going to come in bunches so it won't be much longer before you reach the threshold. 

1 hour ago, D347H7124P said:

My hands got so used to restarting that it didn't even become a problem to restart anymore. I'd get pissed off for a second then try a new run hoping to get it that time. Big thing for me was to always remember where the Brutes, Ninjas and Shield guys were as they hit the fastest and to constantly evade. In Monarch Theater, I would sometimes jump over 10 guys (maybe more) before I put a hit on someone just to make sure I wouldn't get hit immediately right after. 

As far as Iceberg Lounge goes, I had three runs that I got close to fighting Croc (the third being the time I actually got to) and each of them I had to fight Brutes. Unless you're being perfect with the combat, unfortunately I think it's most likely you'll come across them. The key is once again to just keep evading until you get a spot where you can make a clean hit. If you're at that point and you have a 300+ combo, points are going to come in bunches so it won't be much longer before you reach the threshold. 

Good strategies.

I may come back in a few weeks, not sure however.

I also see you got all trophies in Batman Arkham City. I want to platinum that game but the campaign and maps are putting me off of it. How difficult is the game?

Also kudos for doing those two challenges in Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor.