Borderlands 3 Confirmed

Parker

wasn't this already known? Or at least i knew about it a few years back.

How did you know? Randy Pitchford announced it today. 

I mean I think everyone could've assumed that another one would be made due to the popularity of the series but it was never officially announced as being worked on. 

I said this 6 months ago when i met with David Eddings at youmacon 2015. He told me then that they were working on it and when i told the folks here at PSNProfiles...I was called a liar

i don't expect apologies but now you all know i wasnt a liar...

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/32258-borderlands-3-confirmed/

I don't think people called you a liar, it was just that people needed more evidence than "this guy told me." 

Parker

Edited by Parker

How did you know? Randy Pitchford announced it today. 

I mean I think everyone could've assumed that another one would be made due to the popularity of the series but it was never officially announced as being worked on. 

I don't think people called you a liar, it was just that people needed more evidence than "this guy told me." 

Parker

well when the guy is the VP of gearbox and the voice of claptrap. I think that's pretty credible

I also uploaded a pic of me and him to confirm i was there and you can look up at youmacons website that he was there. Did i have video proof? no cause ill be honest, i didnt think of it but i knew this day would come and while i wont gloat or act like a dbag by prancing around telling certain members i told them so. I will take satisfaction knowing that next time I say something, i can refernce this whole situation that i'm no liar

• Like 1

It's kinda old news that there was gonna be a Borderlands 3, they were just recruting and working on Battleborn first. Nice to see it's with the original team though, hopefully can follow on from 2 and TPS awesomeness. 

Really hope they get the villain right and I swear to God if Gortys isn't in 3... 

Oh.. and cameos from Rhys and Fiona would be cool too, maybe even as playable characters :o

Won't happen but playable Gortys would make it the best game ever <3

Edited by LetsTurnJu-On
  • Like 1

Finally.  :)

I hope we get to see the old characters again, like Lilith and Maya, considering they will most likely put brand new playable characters in the game. But i wonder if Battleborn will have any effect on it, imagine Borderlands 3 with PvP modes?

Also hoping Mr. Torgue will be back with more EXPLOOOOOSIONS!!  :D

• Like 2

Well since Battleborn is clearly gonna bomb, they obviously need to fall back on the only IP they are known for to milk it some more. Everybody saw it coming.

Is it really "milking" a series when the fans want more? I can see something being "milked" when the series has lost popularity and no one is asking for another one but when the series is still very popular and people are asking for another game, I don't personally see that as "milking." 

Parker

Edited by Parker
  • Like 2

Is it really "milking" a series when the fans want more? I can see something being "milked" when the series has lost popularity and no one is asking for another one but when the series is still very popular and people are asking for another game, I don't personally see that as "milking." 

Parker

I believe you can milk a series that is popular. For example, I'd say the Call of Duty series is getting milked, yet it continues to be one of the most successful game series around.

I can only speak for myself, but as a fan of the series since the first game, I'm getting tired of Borderlands by now. Gearbox just seem to be a one-trick pony at this point. They keep going back to this IP because they can't make anything new that even compares to the popularity of Borderlands. Maybe the series isn't at the point of being milked yet, but its getting there. I mean this is gonna be the fourth main game by them now, and that's not even including the Telltale series. It just feels like they're pumping these things out in quite a short space of time.

When they are making it purely because they know it will sell well regardless of its quality I'd say they are milking it, It's what Call Of Duty has done for years and that is still stupidly popular despite being terrible every year.

When they are making it purely because they know it will sell well regardless of its quality I'd say they are milking it, It's what Call Of Duty has done for years and that is still stupidly popular despite being terrible every year.

I don't understand that at all. I'm perfectly okay with people disliking CoD but saying they are "terrible" is just plain wrong, in my opinion. The games are generally very well made, they rarely have game breaking glitches, run at a stable 60fps and have some of the best controls on the FPS market. I know hating on popular things is the cool thing to do these days but objectively speaking Call of Duty is far from terrible. 

Parker

• Like 4

I don't understand that at all. I'm perfectly okay with people disliking CoD but saying they are "terrible" is just plain wrong, in my opinion. The games are generally very well made, they rarely have game breaking glitches, run at a stable 60fps and have some of the best controls on the FPS market. I know hating on popular things is the cool thing to do these days but objectively speaking Call of Duty is far from terrible. 

Parker

Fair enough if you like them, I used to love them too but for me everything after Black Ops went downhill. Believe me, I don't hate on popular things to sound cool but CoD just lost my interest along with the other annual games like Assassins Creed (I don't hate AC) but they are prime examples of what "milking" is.

Fair enough if you like them, I used to love them too but for me everything after Black Ops went downhill. Believe me, I don't hate on popular things to sound cool but CoD just lost my interest along with the other annual games like Assassins Creed (I don't hate AC) but they are prime examples of what "milking" is.

I wasn't speaking about you personally when I was talking about hating on popular things, just something I've noticed over the years. The development for Call of Duty is actually pretty interesting to me, Activision has three different companies working on three different Call of Duty series so each developer gets three years to work on their title. I suppose you could still consider that milking because there is one coming out every year but it is much better than a lot of other yearly releases where the devs have to release a new game in the span of a year. I wasn't a fan of Ghosts or Advanced Warfare at all but I think Blops III is quite fun. 

Anyway, back to Borderlands. If Gearbox start releasing a Borderlands every year then I guess we can all agree it is getting milked.  :lol:

Parker

Not really all that huge of a surprise but it's good to have confirmation, expected it to be further into development by now though. If i could have one wish, i'd like to see less dated memes and more quirky characters.

• Like 1