Borderlands 3 Confirmed

Parker

I believe you can milk a series that is popular. For example, I'd say the Call of Duty series is getting milked, yet it continues to be one of the most successful game series around.

I can only speak for myself, but as a fan of the series since the first game, I'm getting tired of Borderlands by now. Gearbox just seem to be a one-trick pony at this point. They keep going back to this IP because they can't make anything new that even compares to the popularity of Borderlands. Maybe the series isn't at the point of being milked yet, but its getting there. I mean this is gonna be the fourth main game by them now, and that's not even including the Telltale series. It just feels like they're pumping these things out in quite a short space of time.

By the time Borderlands 3 comes out, probably 2018 at the earliest, then that's 3 games in 9 years. I personally don't count TPS as a "main game". But even if you do, 4 games in 9 years isn't really milking it for me. By the time BL3 releases it will be (if we're using my guess) then 4 years since TPS and 6 years since Borderlands 2, definitely not milking territory.

EDIT: And by the time you've read this post, you'll have read "by the time" 4 times. Have a great day.  B)

Edited by LetsTurnJu-On
  • Like 2

Nice, I hope the vault hunters from the first 2 games + tales from the borderlands are in it. Especially since

the Pre-Sequel ending mentioned an upcoming war and there would be a desperate need for as many vault hunters as possible

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I don't understand that at all. I'm perfectly okay with people disliking CoD but saying they are "terrible" is just plain wrong, in my opinion. The games are generally very well made, they rarely have game breaking glitches, run at a stable 60fps and have some of the best controls on the FPS market. I know hating on popular things is the cool thing to do these days but objectively speaking Call of Duty is far from terrible. 

Parker

I am not a fan of COD games but I understand that people like them a lot. If people didn't like them...they wouldn't sell enough copies to buy a small island every year. What I find funny is usually the same people that bash COD or Madden are rushing out day 1 to buy the new Souls game despite one of those coming out every year (there have been 6 since 2009)

Edited by Dr_Mayus

Awesome game! Loved everyone of it so far. Surely will grab BL3 whether its milking me dry or not. IMHO and how I feel, I never consider the main game whether released every year or 2 years milking but it is the DLC that come after that are doing the milking.

Nice, I hope the vault hunters from the first 2 games + tales from the borderlands are in it. Especially since 

I've spent too long thinking about this ... But if I've got it correct (and I think I have), they probably will include them in some way with the story, same way they did in 2 and TPS.

Borderlands 2, TPS and Tales spoilers...

Having trouble figuring out if Athena being captured by Brick and Mordecai in Tales is the same spy Maya claims they've broken at the end of BL2 Tiny Tina's game in the DLC. If it is then they probably all will be. If not then, it's possible some of them tried to take down Helios and failed / died and all the events in Tales are after 2 and the DLC

Also the war, may or may not have happened with the end of Tales, depending on where Athena's capture at the of TPS is in the timeline

EDIT: Nevermind I think I'm overthinking it. TPS must be set during Athena's capture in Tales, just told as a flashback, so the war coming was either the end of Tales or it's still coming in 3.

I'm not thinking about this anymore  xD Not been so confused and conflicted in a long time.  :shakefist: Damn you Dragon

Edited by LetsTurnJu-On

Will they be focusing more on story or gameplay?

ef4ecda158ef1e79079546811ace2017bd047081

:D

The gameplay might be a mix between Borderlands 2 and Battleborn, they could add characters who can't use weapons & can only use their melee attacks (like Phoebe and Rath in Battleborn), heck, they might add a bunch of playable characters, not just the usual classes we're used to.

• Like 2

I've spent too long thinking about this ... But if I've got it correct (and I think I have), they probably will include them in some way with the story, same way they did in 2 and TPS.

Borderlands 2, TPS and Tales spoilers...

Having trouble figuring out if Athena being captured by Brick and Mordecai in Tales is the same spy Maya claims they've broken at the end of BL2 Tiny Tina's game in the DLC. If it is then they probably all will be. If not then, it's possible some of them tried to take down Helios and failed / died and all the events in Tales are after 2 and the DLC

Also the war, may or may not have happened with the end of Tales, depending on where Athena's capture at the of TPS is in the timeline

EDIT: Nevermind I think I'm overthinking it. TPS must be set during Athena's capture in Tales, just told as a flashback, so the war coming was either the end of Tales or it's still coming in 3.

I'm not thinking about this anymore  xD Not been so confused and conflicted in a long time.  :shakefist: Damn you Dragon

You're welcome :awesome:.

I thought it was Athena and her capture during Tales leads up to the start of Pre-Sequel. I guess shortly after time Athena finished her story, Helios was destroyed in Tales. That would explain why she's available for the final fight against the Traveler. I'd like to think the war will happen in BL3 and Tales added a few more vault hunters. Though I'd be surprised if BL3 didn't have a new team of 4 characters.

• Like 1

My Borderlands experience is limited to Tales and the start of Borderlands 2. Nonetheless, I definitely have enjoyed all I've played thus far, I need to get back to finishing the Handsome collection eventually, and the promise of more Borderlands is certainly interesting! I'm especially psyched for however Borderlands 3 might build upon many of Tales' bigger plot events.

A sequel was pretty much known but it's nice to see it confirmed! I love the Borderlands series and I wonder if the choices in the TellTale game will be implemented into it. (If they even do it.) It would be really cool to see Fiona and the gang in the next game.

Pre Sequel was okay, but I'm hoping 3 will breathe new life into the franchise. I can't wait to see what crazy characters they come up with for this sequel! ^.^

• Like 1

How did you know? Randy Pitchford announced it today. 

I mean I think everyone could've assumed that another one would be made due to the popularity of the series but it was never officially announced as being worked on. 

I don't think people called you a liar, it was just that people needed more evidence than "this guy told me." 

Parker

I read about this back when they stated they were looking for help for Borderlands 3, and i watched a video on youtube of them talking about it.

I've known this was coming for a while and I'm still pretty indifferent to it. They need to seriously shake up the formula for this game for me to be interested, but I honestly don't expect it to stray much if at all from the previous games. I don't want to play another extremely repetitive bullet sponge game  :S

Edited by Lord_Shadow_Z

• 3 weeks later...

Blasting away these guys in Borderlands 2 was one of my favorite things to do, it was a real, blast ;) lol

a8d27a736b3efbaddc34cfd3597cd734.jpg

So the news of a new Borderlands is amazing, I hope it comes out in 2017 and not 2018